A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: FtDSpartn
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 15, 2018 02:32 PM
Interests: Programming, gaming. Wondering what a 'life' is.
Your Age: 19
What Games do you play: A lot of them.
AI fanatic and rookie programmer.

Post Statistics
FtDSpartn has contributed to 677 posts out of 467524 total posts (.14%) in 3,433 days (.20 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » MCC Bringing Halo CE maps to Xbox Aug 15, 2018 02:32 PM (Total replies: 17)

Quote: --- Original message by: sirbobbington
I'd love to see it, even if just to give some of the maps the homage they deserve. At least a handful of original vanilla maps (Wartorn Cove, Nightcamp, Cliffhanger, Fissurefalls, New Mombasa Classic, and the original Claustrophobia come to mind) are IMO at least as polished as half of the official maps.

Sadly, I doubt they will be bothered to import any maps with custom weapons or vehicles, as fun as that would be. Even Yoyorast probably won't make it.

Also, memory's a little rusty - does the EULA specify that Microsoft can use custom maps without permission? I doubt any of the old mappers would seriously object, but they could raise some issues if they have any copyright claims to the maps concurrent to a grudge against MS/343i or just a general streak of curmudgeonry.

Anything run through Tool is automatically Microsoft's property iirc, so they are definitely allowed to do so.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Weapon Sway Jul 15, 2018 11:49 PM (Total replies: 3)

I'm kind of a newbie to animating, but wouldn't that have to do with the weapon's first-person overlay animations?

Halo CE General Discussion » Model and Animation Import/Exporters Jul 12, 2018 03:22 PM (Total replies: 2)

Ah, thanks! I had completely forgotten that the MEK even included a scripts folder. Definitely useful.

Halo CE General Discussion » Tempera Public Development Thread Jul 11, 2018 07:58 PM (Total replies: 4)

Looks pretty interesting so far -- so is this something similar to OpenSauce and Chimera, providing extra functions to tools we already have or something else?

Makes me wish I would've bothered to learn some LUA already.

Halo CE General Discussion » Model and Animation Import/Exporters Jul 11, 2018 07:52 PM (Total replies: 2)

I've recently reinstalled Windows and I forgot to back up my models and animations (rip). That includes the scripts I was using for 3DS Max, and I've forgotten which ones I used exactly.

Are these programs generally accepted as the best for model and animation importing and exporting, or are there updated/different versions somewhere?

Bluestreak: https://web.archive.org/web/20160514040345/http://ghost.halomaps.org/bluestreak/animation/

GBX Model Importer v2.0.5 http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6713
Edited by FtDSpartn on Jul 11, 2018 at 07:54 PM

Around 2006 I'd say with Halo Trial and simple swaps. My only releases are two or three really bad AI maps I made around 2008-2009.

I've only recently (in the past year) started to learn map making and animation, and I was making some first person elite anims for the SPv3 weapons and then third person pistol marine anims. I only do HCE stuff for a few weeks every few months though so it's slow.

Quote: --- Original message by: Reshirom200
And with all of this advancement in the halo fourm, i cant make a10 FUQIN open for some reason

Make a separate topic with your debug.txt.
Edited by FtDSpartn on Apr 21, 2018 at 12:23 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » MCC Bringing Halo CE maps to Xbox Apr 19, 2018 10:52 PM (Total replies: 17)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halo Noob Modder117

As exciting as it sounds to be able to play HCE map mods on HTMCC (AI maps with friends and campaign mods in coop) I dunno...

I'd rather have 343i create their own map design tools or release what they utilise now- similar to a Creation Kit like Fallout for instance.

The current tools, methods and instructions are too old, irrelevant, buggy and rubbish compared to what can be programmed today as seen in other games.
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Apr 19, 2018 at 10:40 PM

If they created an editor for console as in-depth as that they might as well have just ported it to PC and made a better editor instead. And no console editor would be as versatile as a PC one.

Quote: --- Original message by: Kaleidescoop
I've been messing around with it on/off to see exactly what it does, but I'm not really seeing any noticeable difference. Does anyone know what this flag is supposed to do?

I believe it's supposed to make actors switch their movement type from crouching to standing and vice versa to stay with their squad group.

Halo CE General Discussion » MCC Bringing Halo CE maps to Xbox Apr 18, 2018 04:56 PM (Total replies: 17)

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
It's most likely just be classic maps like Yoyorast. Actually, it's most likely to be nothing but a pet project.

Well, considering they already have progress on HCE maps working in engine, I wouldn't be surprised to see a free map pack or something with HCE maps.

Quote: --- Original message by: BioGoji1989
Quote: --- Original message by: FtDSpartn

Like I said, I'm not entirely sure if the bonesets are different as I've never used or worked with them. It's worth a shot those since it's just a simple change and compile. If they don't have two-handed anims already you might be able to do some marker changes in guerilla. I've never done it myself though so I can't help you much.

Do you know who might be able to help me, since I'm still learning the ropes as I go?
I don't really know anyone that could, sorry. I might look into it sometime if I'm up to it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Austen1000 Campaign Port Download Mar 9, 2018 05:04 AM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: SomeFan
Quote: --- Original message by: Vergil
Can someone upload a copy of Austen1000's campaign port to download? He took the only link down for some reason.

see here for a download link http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50647

for austen1000: i don't know whats wrong with you, but once you let something out on the internet it won't die if people don't want it too, you have degraded your own work needlessly & have made people question you sanity. this is of course your choice, but i will actively go against this insanity.

We didn't really need a 5-month bump for something already answered. I'm not going to bother addressing the other things in your post.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Custom Edition features in MCC Mar 9, 2018 12:11 AM (Total replies: 23)

Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD
Quote:
Will MCC ever come to PC?

We know this is something many people have been asking and wanting for years now. Currently our priority is updating and improving MCC for Xbox and there’s still plenty of work to be done on that front. While we have no official plans to announce at this time, we’ve heard you loud and clear.

http://leelzebub.umwblogs.org/files/2011/06/SW_LukeNo1-011.gif

This response confuses me. Isn't it a good thing that they're, you know, listening to the fans?
It may be more directed at the "no official plans" part.

I've never worked with the DMT H2 elites before, but if they have their own .model_animations set they probably have animations for the carbine and the like.

If they're using the standard H1 anims I think you could use CMT's SPv3 elite .model_animations which include two-handed weapon animations.

You mean the DMT elites are compatible withe CMT elite animations? Don't they have different bone structures and contact nodes? I'll give it a shot and see what happens, though.

Like I said, I'm not entirely sure if the bonesets are different as I've never used or worked with them. It's worth a shot those since it's just a simple change and compile. If they don't have two-handed anims already you might be able to do some marker changes in guerilla. I've never done it myself though so I can't help you much.

If you have Halo installed in the default folder, it's likely a Windows UAC admin perms issue. Try running the game as Administrator or reinstall the game in a folder other than Program Files. You should also check if the config file is read-only in its properties.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Custom Edition features in MCC Mar 8, 2018 02:46 AM (Total replies: 23)

I'm excited but at the same time... Custom Edition changes in MCC? How does that work? Is that only engine-level and background stuff or will we be able to play custom maps (sounds very doubtful, though)? Either way, very interesting -- thanks for the information.
Edited by FtDSpartn on Mar 8, 2018 at 02:57 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria Feedback Mar 2, 2018 07:05 PM (Total replies: 70)

This sounds like it'll be pretty great. I'll admit, I was not expecting a big SPv3 patch, let alone another project aside from Oddball. Might be because I don't visit the Discord often enough, I guess.

I've never worked with the DMT H2 elites before, but if they have their own .model_animations set they probably have animations for the carbine and the like.

If they're using the standard H1 anims I think you could use CMT's SPv3 elite .model_animations which include two-handed weapon animations.

Quote: --- Original message by: Reshirom200
Thanks, I had just looked at their vanilla counterparts for an example and I didn't even think of it that way. I also dont exactly know how intergrate the Halo 2 vehicles into the map either. (p.s. its the same prob, in sapien, dont appear, also teh weapons disappear once i turned my back)

Edit: I see you made another post and got an answer already, nevermind this.

If you're making an MP map, you have to use .item_collection tags, which are basically multiplayer's version of weapons.

To use the H2 vehicles you'll need to edit your globals.globals tag in your globals folder. There's a section called 'Multiplayer Information' and under that 'Vehicles'. You need to change (not add!) one of the vehicles to your H2 vehicle you want to have in-game. There's a way to just add more and have it work but it's more complex and requires scripting. Make sure you back up your globals tag or you'll have to re-extract if you mess something up.
Edited by FtDSpartn on Feb 8, 2018 at 12:46 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Question about AI abilities in CE. Jan 3, 2018 12:42 AM (Total replies: 4)

No, you can't trade weapons with AI in this game. As far as I know, no one's created a method of doing so that works well in any normal gameplay. Any real method would definitely require OS.

You can change quite a few parameters of AI behavior in their .actor and .actor_variant tags.

No weapon exchange without OS? Crap. But... I CAN adjust them so that they don't shoot a rocket launcher when standing right behind the player, right? Can I make the marines throw plasma grenades instead of frag grenades? I don't really know too much about what can and can't be done in CE's HEK and what the tags' limitations are. I'm only just starting to learn about this stuff because I'm thinking of one day making a mod of my own, but I want to read up on this stuff before I actually get into the nitty gritty work of... editing.

Yup, you can change the type of grenade they can throw in the .actv tag. You can change burst patterns, accuracy, rate of fire, etc. but I'm not sure you can fix them shooting you with a rocket launcher. I don't remember anything that could fix that at least.

Due to engine constraints, most things in the later games are just not possible as others have already said. In addition, the game is going on 17 years old at this point and most people are not willing to put in the time or effort to make the campaign of a game that will not even really be close to the original.

Time: Sun September 23, 2018 5:33 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website