A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Timo
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 1, 2011 09:56 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 21
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
Timo has contributed to 16 posts out of 469656 total posts (0.00%) in 3,909 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis

Quote: --- Original message by: Timo
I'm still amazed how seriously people take this rivalry between Modacity and Halomaps.
There isn't one. To my knowledge the owners of the respective websites have no issues with each other or the websites. As far as I know they are all on very good terms.

Individual forum members, however, I cannot speak to.

Edited by Dennis on Dec 1, 2011 at 09:35 PM

Definitely not between you and TheGhost, but there are a lot of members from both sites that hate the other with a passion.
Edited by Timo on Dec 1, 2011 at 10:00 PM

I'm still amazed how seriously people take this rivalry between Modacity and Halomaps.

lol.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Editing Kit AIO - C# Developers Needed Nov 22, 2011 11:00 PM (Total replies: 525)

"Elitist idiot" from Modacity reporting in here. Thought this looked pretty neat until I asked why everyone is hating on e3p0 - pretty funny how you guys are defending him for the crap he pulled. Surely Dennis refusing to host anything of his here should be setting off alarm bells o_o;
Edited by Timo on Nov 22, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » HEK+ Corrupted Bitmap issues Feb 2, 2011 08:29 PM (Total replies: 5)

The default UI.map isn't protected.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » HEK+ Corrupted Bitmap issues Feb 2, 2011 08:17 PM (Total replies: 5)

I tried searching around and it seems others have had similar problems, but I wasn't able to find a solution.

I'm trying to extract the default UI tags to start on this UI tutorial, but for some reason all of the bitmaps end up corrupted.

I'm using HEK+ version 1.0.3.0 (the one you install), and running W7 64-Bit. I've also enable administrative rights for my account for the halo ce folder, and i'm running HEK+ as an administrator.

Halo CE General Discussion » Would there be any interest in a UI tutorial? Jan 31, 2011 06:02 AM (Total replies: 18)

Starting to write some of this up now ;o

Halo CE General Discussion » Would there be any interest in a UI tutorial? Jan 25, 2011 04:22 AM (Total replies: 18)

Nah, the version i'm after is one with the original BSP. I'm also assuming you're under an alt, not some random that managed to hunt down some version of the ui? :o

Halo CE General Discussion » Would there be any interest in a UI tutorial? Jan 25, 2011 03:59 AM (Total replies: 18)

As I said over at modacity, If I can hunt down someone that still has the SP and MP pause menu tags, and someone with the latest version of the UI (I currently have none of these, lost after many reformats), it'll probably be released with this tutorial.
Edited by Timo on Jan 25, 2011 at 04:00 AM
Edited by Timo on Jan 25, 2011 at 04:08 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Would there be any interest in a UI tutorial? Jan 24, 2011 04:19 AM (Total replies: 18)

I'm thinking about creating a video or text tutorial on creating your own themed UI (SP and MP menus as well), as well as creating your own menus to some extent.

It would also include a quick reference to show people where all the tags/bitmaps for each menu is located in the tags\ui directory (i'm still not sure how i'd achieve this, short of creating a UI with text all over it, or a webpage with screenshots covered in directory text).

Would anyone be interested in this?
Edited by Timo on Jan 24, 2011 at 04:20 AM
Edited by Timo on Jan 24, 2011 at 04:22 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Salvo UI Apr 28, 2010 08:24 PM (Total replies: 39)

Bleh, I really need an answer for this. Does anyone know how I could get in contact with the guy that did the widget editing for this project? Or someone that could point me in the right direction?

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Salvo UI Apr 24, 2010 11:57 PM (Total replies: 39)

Sorry for bumping this thread, I figured it'd be better to bump this than to start I new one.

I remember talking to someone ages ago (HDoan I think) about select lists, and how you managed to get so many items per page. I think he said it was just a checkbox somewhere but looking through your widgets I can see a difference between yours and the default UI, other than the fact that you're referencing a bunch more child widgets. Did you guys check a box to allow a longer list, or was I just dreaming?

Halo CE General Discussion » Help for make buttons bitmaps for UI Jan 31, 2010 02:23 PM (Total replies: 10)

How do you know bungie did it that way? There's no way they manually edited each bitmap everytime they went through a new iteration/set of buttons.

Halo CE General Discussion » Help for make buttons bitmaps for UI Jan 31, 2010 06:50 AM (Total replies: 10)

Quote: --- Original message by: l283023
Okay, you can compile them with the blue borders and leave it as a 2d texture.
Then it will still be one image.

wat. That has to be the stupidest way to create UI bitmaps that i've ever heard of :|

All you need to do is place the selected bitmap to the right of the unselected one, and surround each with a 1px blue border. Compile once, it'll say that your bitmaps aren't in the power of two dimensions (unless you've set it up to, which you can if you really want to). Just change the bitmap type from 2d texture to interface bitmap - it'll bypass the dimension check so your bitmap can be any size. Halo will take care of the rest. Having the bitmap being the same size as your button is ideal for when you're figuring out the widget's bounds (if the bounds of your button = bounds of the bitmap). Saves you from guessing the width/height bounds to allow an adjacent button to be used completely.

Here's an example from an early version of the DH UI:

edit: The blue border is supposed to be 1px wide, jpeg compression has killed it a little bit.

Edited by Timo on Jan 31, 2010 at 07:03 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT Presents….. Dec 28, 2009 03:24 AM (Total replies: 738)

omfg i am so excited

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Red UI Theme May 7, 2009 06:34 PM (Total replies: 51)

heh, reminds me of my first real UI - http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=56317 but a little less gay ;)

I haven't farted around with widgets for a while now (Delta Halo UI progress died out a long time ago), but if you need any help hunting down widgets or bitmaps, I might be able to help you out - my aim s/n is in my profile.
Edited by Timo on May 7, 2009 at 06:35 PM
Edited by Timo on May 7, 2009 at 06:37 PM
Edited by Timo on May 7, 2009 at 06:41 PM

Time: Sat January 18, 2020 2:12 AM 328 ms.
A Halo Maps Website