A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: canichols2
About Contact
Last Post: Apr 10, 2010 09:24 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 17
What Games do you play: Halo (all), fable, guitar hero 3 and world tour, can't think of any others now
I kill you
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
canichols2 has contributed to 31 posts out of 464953 total posts (.01%) in 4,117 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » New controls scheme Apr 10, 2010 09:24 PM (Total replies: 1)

Is there a way to set up the halo 2 controls for a 360 controller so that it's identicle to halo 3's controls.

what if you built the main level as like the ground and some easy stuff like that. then built the building like an instance. would that work or would this cause problems.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Grav Lift May 30, 2009 12:39 PM (Total replies: 16)

so how would scripting be any better than a tag?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » spawning issue May 28, 2009 11:39 PM (Total replies: 17)

ok, i've determined that the reason that i got that error msg is something to do with the game files. i tryed it on my laptop and after all your guys' help, it works now. and i spawned. i'll just have to play it there until i fix/reinstall Halo CE on my PC.
Edited by canichols2 on May 28, 2009 at 11:41 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » spawning issue May 28, 2009 06:12 PM (Total replies: 17)

ok, i don't have bases. it's just a box basically. it's foresty. all i want is to get it working in game. and i can't even try your tutorial until somebody helps me with another problem, THE MAPS WON'T LOAD.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » spawning issue May 28, 2009 09:03 AM (Total replies: 17)

so, i didn't try to open in ctf, just trying in slayer. and this is basically a test map so i know how to do everything, not trying anything fancy. i'm not publishing it so no need for 16 players. i don't have AI.

ok, so here's what i have done since my last post.

i made sure that the spawn points had a gametype (which they didn't).
i re compiled my map.
opened the game but the level wasn't there. tryed it again.
tryed opening my map, get the message "unable to join game" for my own server.
tryed a difforent map, still got the same message.
i did what polamee said, but i can't check it because i still got the "unable to join game" message
Edited by canichols2 on May 28, 2009 at 09:08 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » spawning issue May 27, 2009 08:18 AM (Total replies: 17)

i have 7 spawn points. all in the open. it is set to multiplayer.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » spawning issue May 27, 2009 01:10 AM (Total replies: 17)

ok, i finaly got my first map to compile into a .map. i waited like 10 minutes for the game to load. then i started my map and i didn't spawn. it just kept saying "waiting for (something)" i can't remeber, i'm out of game now so i can't check. and i was half out of the bottom of the map while it was just sitting there. anny suggestions?

E: the thing says "waiting for space to clear"
Edited by canichols2 on May 27, 2009 at 08:19 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Tool\Texture issue May 26, 2009 07:20 PM (Total replies: 4)

Quote: --- Original message by: Sabre
Tool also does not except spaces as valid characters, use - or _ instead. ( _ is more reliable)

I tryed those _ things. still couldn't get them to work

so where do i find the .shader_environments that have the textures i want. i would just go to levels\...blah blah blah...\bitmaps for the textures. but they aperantly don't work.
Edited by canichols2 on May 26, 2009 at 07:22 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Tool\Texture issue May 26, 2009 06:27 PM (Total replies: 4)

Why dosn't Tool like bungie texture tags which have spaces in the title. when i try to compile my map from the JMS file, for every texture that has a space, it want's me to specify what kind of texture it is like this:

building intermediate geometry...
choose a type for the shader '"detail cliff rock"':
1. shader_enfironment
2. shader_model
3. shader_transparent_generic
4. shader_transparent_chicago
5. shader_transparent_chicago_extended
6. shader_transparent_water
7. shader_transparent_glass
8. shader_transparent_meter
9. shader_transparent_plasma
choice (1-9):

and i've tryed it without the quotes when i exported it too.

Halo CE General Discussion » Request for HCE May 25, 2009 02:52 PM (Total replies: 8)

but that's not what i wanted. i wanted one that is like everyone who's in your server joins, not just select people you invite.

Halo CE General Discussion » Request for HCE May 25, 2009 02:23 PM (Total replies: 8)

xfire has voice chat like that. i just thought it let you talk to friends you already have.

Halo CE General Discussion » Request for HCE May 25, 2009 02:19 PM (Total replies: 8)

i was thinking more of like, it read what server you were on and put you in a chatroom for that server. an anybody else who was on that server was put there too.

Halo CE General Discussion » Request for HCE May 25, 2009 02:08 PM (Total replies: 8)

I was wondering if there is or could be a program to add voice to Halo CE. one that would let you talk to the other players of the server your in who also have the program.

if there's already something like this then i would love to know about it. if not, is there a way for somebody to make one.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Help, my level errors May 22, 2009 10:41 PM (Total replies: 1)

i've been getting a lot of errors or whatever that i've been needing help on, so instead of posting a diforent thread for each one i thought i'd just keep asking on this thread.

the problem i have is that i'm trying to use the texture "detail grass" but tool dosn't like it. i tryed puting it as "detail_grass" tool liked it but sapian wouldn't show me the grass. is there something wrong with what i have the texture set to or do any of you have any idea of how to fix it? Thanks.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Grav Lift May 22, 2009 07:48 PM (Total replies: 16)

how did the poeple who made coagulation for HCE make theirs. those grav lifts were nice.

-----------------------------------

side note: i'm exporting my map in gmax. how do i save the max listener code thing. copy & paste takes too long since you can only select so much.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Grav Lift May 22, 2009 07:22 PM (Total replies: 16)

Does anybody know how to make a Grav Lift. not equipment but like a level grav lift.
Edited by canichols2 on May 22, 2009 at 07:23 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » UVW map/textureing May 22, 2009 05:15 PM (Total replies: 5)

I was using 3ds max 10 but since it's just a trial i've gone back to Gmax. i'll let you know if it worked for me.

edit: ok, it worked. thank you guys.
Edited by canichols2 on May 22, 2009 at 06:34 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » UVW map/textureing May 22, 2009 05:04 PM (Total replies: 5)

ok. that sounds good but could you be a little more specific?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » UVW map/textureing May 22, 2009 04:43 PM (Total replies: 5)

i'm trying to have multiple textures on a single object. but when i use the UVW map to set the textures up right, have them look right, it does it for all the textures on the mesh. is there a way to only UVW map a single texture one way and the other texture another way.

Time: Thu August 13, 2020 1:14 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website