A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Alley Cat
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 12, 2010 02:56 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 30
What Games do you play: Halo Custom, Plants vs Zombies
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Alley Cat has contributed to 29 posts out of 469289 total posts (.01%) in 3,762 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » CE server mods Nov 12, 2010 02:56 PM (Total replies: 5)

If AllDev only works for the host, why did the other players have infinitive grenades then?

It was not a custom weapons setting, you always start with 1 PLASMA and 2 FRAG.

Halo CE General Discussion » I hate aimbots Nov 12, 2010 03:14 AM (Total replies: 155)

I have been playing halo for 2 years now.

About 6 months into playing halo online, servers was ruined by aimbotters, especially the ones who snipe you from 6 km away on coldsnap.

I felt the need to stand on equal grounds with botters and eventually found aimbot that works: works on players on foot and in vehicles, even the Anti-Air Warthog's missiles are auto-aimmed by the aimbot. Unfortunately that bot blocks the ability to use chat and expires after 7 uses.

Now that my role in halo is that of moderator, I go busting asshats who use bots and glitching.

Is it correct, what I was told ... that triggerbots work based on the crosshair turning red ?
If so, has anyone run a server or map with no sniper/pistol crosshair ?

Halo CE General Discussion » CE server mods Nov 12, 2010 02:57 AM (Total replies: 5)

I just played on a server with a grenade mod (on respawn you always have 1 plasma nade and 2 frags, but nades never ran out)

Ray, the server's admin mentioned the mods come from here. Where tho ?
I searched

Halo CE General Discussion » Coldsnap and HugeSnap Sep 1, 2010 08:23 PM (Total replies: 22)

These two maps are boring as well. If anyone is still reading ....

Hugesnap is boring just like Coldsnap.

The number of ways to cross the terrain (with hogs) need to be increased, not just limited to one bridge and tunnel (tunnel and hard- to-reach teleport only accessible by one of the teams)

If I could program Halo maps, I would make the flags a little easier to reach, the one flag reachable only by a thin rail is stupid and lower the number of sniper bullets to 8 or 16, not 240. Bring back classic Halo weapons and I would move the bases to the outside, removing the caves that the bases are located in.

Also remove the guass hog or force it to reload every 2 or 4 shots.

Introduce the bubble shield (as grenades), Banshee, Bulldog (bike), Defense Turrets (Covenant and Missile) and Tachocomas :D
Remove LS, Pelican, Gundams and mythos

New vehicle: halo 2 Banshee with 1 passenger capability on each wing.

Reworked vehicle: F 117 stealth jet or a Jet with 4 or 6 engines and capable of carrying up to 4 people. Weapons: limited missiles and some kind of defensive weapon

Replace Civilian Hog with KITT for Red Team and KARR for Blue Team !

Add Spawn Protection, a bubble shield around spawn points.

A 6 man warthog with no weaponry and homing plasma grenades (max of 4 to 8 grenades), same wacky homing plasma grenades as is found in Jackal Shield Gulch.

Halo CE General Discussion » Gamespy down ? Aug 26, 2010 02:49 AM (Total replies: 6)

Is there a Gamespy issue tonight ?!

Is Gamespy's halo server listing down temporarily, or permanently ?!

There is no server status for Gamespy that I could locate.

Halo CE General Discussion » Training maps ? Aug 1, 2010 02:57 AM (Total replies: 16)

Any Training maps to assist with training the noobies with all default halo weapons ?

Halo CE General Discussion » Anti Cheating Feb 27, 2010 12:37 PM (Total replies: 5)

lol, I do not believe the country of Columbia has nukes. So I will risk banning the entire country.

Halo CE General Discussion » Anti Cheating Feb 18, 2010 08:35 PM (Total replies: 5)

I have become aware of hex code changers and software to hack HASH and IP address, to prevent you from being banned.

Is there a way to ban by name ?
Is there a way to ban this person somehow ?

He spoofs IP addresses from the country of Columbia, HASH key always changes.

Halo CE General Discussion » Ban options Feb 11, 2010 07:21 PM (Total replies: 9)

Is it possible to ban certain names, eg: New001, New002, a vehicle ?

Banning the name itself.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Halo Will not update Jan 30, 2010 04:09 PM (Total replies: 4)

That does not work.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Halo Will not update Jan 30, 2010 01:49 PM (Total replies: 4)

Yes I have admin right, I install things all the time.
Edited by Alley Cat on Jan 30, 2010 at 01:49 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Halo Will not update Jan 30, 2010 12:58 PM (Total replies: 4)

I am trying to update Halo.

But supposely, I do not have admin rights. I am the only user on this computer ....

Halo CE General Discussion » No TK'ing, no c4'ing on Coldsnap Nov 21, 2009 02:12 AM (Total replies: 12)

I dont suppose Bungie or Microsoft will ever release the source code, like ID do with Doom and Quake.

Besides, Friendly Fire is turned off. But Coldsnap has inconsistent physics and damage. 99% of the time, a Mythos can fire a nuke at the ground and survive.

inconsistent physics, as in, sometimes the Fuel Rod Ghost will actually fly.
Edited by Alley Cat on Nov 21, 2009 at 02:15 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » No TK'ing, no c4'ing on Coldsnap Nov 20, 2009 09:30 PM (Total replies: 12)

Coldsnap is a pretty cool map. But ... people are asses. They TK, they c4 team mates, and aimbots are god and unstoppable on Coldsnap due to the massive open map.

TODAY, I found it a way to stop it completely. No more sniper rifles with 920 bullets and no C4.

Start map without custom weapons.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weird Issue with Halo Nov 1, 2009 08:58 AM (Total replies: 10)

System Restore NEVER works for me, after I attempt to restore, Windows notifies me that no changes has been made. I tried recent dates, and I tried using a restore point from 2 months now.

I ended resetting to factory OEM files, Windows XP SP2, then I started to update Windows, ATI drivers and DirectX.

When Halo and Team Fortress acts up, the focus is lost, my computer automatically goes back to the desktop, Halo or Team Fortress still running, I have to click on it again to regain focus, to continue playing my games.

In Halo, the glitchy artifacts always seen to affect only the skybox, this does not happen in indoor levels with a roof, like HANG 'EM HIGH. I reinstalled Halo as well.

When Halo went crazy on me, it used to alert me to VPU (Graphics Card CPU) has stopped responding, click to Restart computer, NO to run on Software mode.

In TF2, the glitchy artifacts is everywhere, in the fonts, walls, dialog boxes, sky box and even view of field gets messed up. Since I restored to OEM, the View of Field no longer goes crazy on me.

Edited by Alley Cat on Nov 1, 2009 at 08:59 AM
Edited by Alley Cat on Nov 1, 2009 at 09:03 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Weird Issue with Halo Oct 31, 2009 05:45 PM (Total replies: 10)

Halo and Team Fortress 2 has these issues, but Perfect World and COnquer Online, does not work these things.

I have been playing Halo on the same settings for over 8 months. The strange behaviour, never happened before, I even lowered the video settings, no change.
Edited by Alley Cat on Oct 31, 2009 at 05:53 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Weird Issue with Halo Oct 31, 2009 05:30 AM (Total replies: 10)

2 weeks ago, Halo CE started to develop graphic glitches and it freezes.

Video Adapter: Radeon X800 CrossFire Edition (ATI Radeon X800 XL)

Did my Graphics Card fail ? In Device Manager it appears to be fine and I can test it successfully. I am not overclocking, my computer is stock, I did not modify software or BIOS settings.

I attempted to rule out software problems. I uninstalled DirectX and the ATI drivers, rebooted, reinstalled ATI drivers, DirectX will not reinstall. I rebooted again. Now I cannot play 3d games, they wanted DirectX.

DirectX reinstall had an error, DXDiag could not identify my version of DirectX. I did a system restore, back to factory settings (Windows XP SP2 files)

I again updated to .NET Framework 2.0, a requirement for ATI Radeon Catalyst. My strange graphics problem still occur, although less than before. I run SpeedFan to force my CPU fan and the Fan at the back of my tower to run at 90% speed and I spend an hour blasting dust out of the Graphics Card and the inside of my computer tower.

Attached is screenshots of the weird Artifacts that Halo develop after playing for a few minutes.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b89/alleycat1982/halo1.jpg

I tried port 2301 and 2305, so far. No luck

When I run a server (haloceded.exe), I cannot see my own server. My settings are to see empty servers, yet I cannot see it.

Here is the INIT.TXT I created.

sv_name "Canada UHP"
sv_public 1
sv_maxplayers 8
sv_mapcycle_timeout 4
sv_tk_ban 4
sv_tk_grace 3s
sv_tk_penalty 5m 1h 8h 1d
sv_tk_cooldown 5m
sv_mapcycle_add cmt_Snow_Grove "CTF"
sv_mapcycle_add "H2 Coagulation" "assault"
sv_mapcycle_add cmt_icy_swamps "slayer"
sv_mapcycle_add bloodgulch "CTF"
sv_mapcycle_begin

Time: Sun August 25, 2019 4:13 AM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website