A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: DaGreat B R I A N
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 28, 2009 09:42 AM
Interests:
Your Age: 12
What Games do you play: Halo and Call of duty
Move it, Marines!
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
DaGreat B R I A N has contributed to 27 posts out of 469347 total posts (.01%) in 3,783 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Depends if they are open edges, degenerate triangles, or bad edges. I'm not exactly sure if this is correct but open edges are just gaps and you need to move the vertices to close them. Degen. Tris are a screwed up triangle I think.

Wait for someone who models (Joshflighter, Newbkilla, or Scrables and others) to help you. I haven't used Max in months.

STL Check might work... I haven't used it in a long time so idk.

It's under modifiers->STL Check. Then select the options to check for there.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Ce Tactics Jun 25, 2009 08:39 AM (Total replies: 43)

Quote: --- Original message by: Marka Haiyana

-If someone kills you, it's obviously a botter. Nobody can 3 shot kill without botting.
-If someone headshots you close range, host or not, botter. Teabag the dickins outta that mofo.
-Gloat. Whenever you get a totally MLG 3SK on someone, spam it. Let them KNOW how MLG you really are.
-Always make fun of those bad kids who think plasma weapons and needlers are the best. Everyone knows the pistol is what the true pros use.
-The AR is an utter POS. Never. Ever. Use it.
-Always whore the heavy weapons. Only babies cry when they get rocketed by a true pro.
-Whenever you lose, spam the chat "BOTTER BOTTER BOTTER"
-If someone doubts your true MLG skills, call them out and force them to SJ you and put it on youtube.
-If they do, laugh at them for having no life.
-TEABAG. TEABAG. TEABAG MAKES YOU GOOD.
-Everything I'm telling you is completely serial. Everything I'm typing here is 100% legit. DO YOU DOUBT ME?
Edited by Marka Haiyana on Jun 25, 2009 at 06:53 AM

To emphasize on this, I played a 1 v 1 with someone named MLG PR0SH0Tz who thought he was the best. We played on Z Sanctuary PB2 (a map my PC isn't really built for), and he started to go all 'MLG' like on me.

But, since I've played MLG people in Halo 3, I know what they do. I'm semi MLG myself.... The kid rushes for the sniper, and when he does get it I 4 shot him before one of his shots hit me.
MLG PR0SH0Tz: BOTTER
He runs around with his BR, I have the sniper, I snipe him 3 times in the head.
MLG PR0SHOTz: Y U BOTTING N00B PLAY LIKE A PRO
Eventually, I got 15-0 off of him he left by trying to crash my PC and server. Didn't work.

MLG = Ego-whoring people. But they aren't always the best. Actually, maybe 5% of them are really "Pro".

Tactics in CE?
>> Shotgun iz 4 fagz
>> Like never get the overshields, it's like god forbidden
>> Vehicles are a no no
>> Use the pistol only, teabag ur AR when u dr0pz it because it sux like that
[/sarcasm]

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3 Custom Game Night Jun 23, 2009 08:50 AM (Total replies: 9)

OK whatever. Post your gamertag here if you want to play. But since you all are being dicks about it, I'll just go get my 50 in Lone Wolves instead of having fun.

And Recycle Bin, your attempt at humor and trolling is not amusing. If I really wanted to, I COULD hack you. OK? But I won't, because I'm nice.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3 Custom Game Night Jun 22, 2009 10:29 PM (Total replies: 9)

Soo, since the other game nights have been a flop, I decided to make my own night to play Halo 3. Instead of announcing a date right now, I think it's better for people to sign up to play and then suggest a day.

Gametypes:

• Slayer [Team or FFA]

• CTF

• Assault...?

Maps:
>>Stock Heroic, Legendary, and Mythic (if everyone has it)
>>Custom maps

No there will not be infection because 90% of those gametypes in my opinion are bad. I like the games where you have to use decision making and not run away from some paranoid freak avoiding obstacles.

1. Da Great B R I A N [ zI Brian lz ] (That's z letter I space Brian space L z]
>Service Record: http://www.bungie.net/stats/halo3/default.aspx?player=zI%20Brian%20lz
>Suggested game modes: Slayer, Team Slayer, CTF

To signup post your XBL gamertag, link to your service record on Bungie and then suggest your gamemodes.

Thanks,
Brian

Halo CE General Discussion » Really Really Fun AI maps?? Jun 21, 2009 10:15 PM (Total replies: 21)

Quote: --- Original message by: Mysterion
Try out Coldsnapwar
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4320

Video link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KzORRFENq4

Also, just uploaded Desert_Floodwar:
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4636

Not to be an ass, but advertising your own maps is stupid, I think for a map to be good someone else should recommend it. :/

The best AI maps are the SP maps, because they offer a challenge and rules to where you can't just die and respawn.

Or A10_cyrov2 by Gamma927. There's an exception there because you can spawn AI.

Halo CE General Discussion » Legendary Mapping Team Recruiting (new team) Jun 20, 2009 10:07 PM (Total replies: 70)

Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
Quote:
well anything you guys make for halo is property of bungie automatically. Thats why Denis gets really pissed of when people talk about unportecting maps. How about we trade our map unprotector for your point system.

No, I don't want to trade my firefight scripts for a map unprotector.

I doubt they even have one.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Making HugeAss Jets Tougher Jun 14, 2009 12:12 PM (Total replies: 22)

Don't mod hugeass.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Script isn't working D: Jun 14, 2009 09:00 AM (Total replies: 3)

Ok, so here is my script that allows people to have their MP biped say random stuff when they press the flashlight button.
(global short x 0)

(global short plyrnum 0)

(script continuous plyrnum_stuff
(if
(= plyrnum 15)
(begin
(set plyrnum 0)
)
(begin
(set plyrnum (+ plyrnum 1))
)
)
)

(script continuous change_x
(set x (random_range 0 2) )
)

(script continuous taunt
(sleep_until (= (unit_get_current_flashlight_state (unit (list_get (players) plyrnum))) true))
(if
(= x 0)
(begin
(sound_impulse_start "sound\dialog\marines\fitzgerald\conditional\combat2\actions\shooting" (unit (list_get (players) plyrnum)) 1)
)
)
(if
(= x 1)
(begin
(sound_impulse_start "sound\dialog\marines\fitzgerald\conditional\combat2\groupcomm\searchreport" (unit (list_get (players) plyrnum)) 1)
)
)
(if
(= x 2)
(begin
(sound_impulse_start "sound\dialog\marines\fitzgerald\conditional\combat2\postcombatcomments\celebration" (unit (list_get (players) plyrnum)) 1)
)
)
(sleep_until (= (unit_get_current_flashlight_state (unit (list_get (players) 0))) false))
(if
(= x 0)
(begin
(sound_impulse_start "sound\dialog\marines\fitzgerald\conditional\combat2\actions\shooting" (unit (list_get (players) plyrnum)) 1)
)
)
(if
(= x 1)
(begin
(sound_impulse_start "sound\dialog\marines\fitzgerald\conditional\combat2\groupcomm\searchreport" (unit (list_get (players) plyrnum)) 1)
)
)
(if
(= x 2)
(begin
(sound_impulse_start "sound\dialog\marines\fitzgerald\conditional\combat2\postcombatcomments\celebration" (unit (list_get (players) plyrnum)) 1)
)
)
)

Problem? Well, simply put, when I press the flashlight button on the cyborg (to test) or the Marine biped I'm using, nothing plays. I'm not sure why either.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Raising the "ceiling" of a map Jun 12, 2009 10:19 PM (Total replies: 1)

Is there any way to raise the ceiling of a pre-built map? (say death island or something) What I mean by this is to raise the highest point where flying vehicles can go without being pushed down.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Unable to join any LAN game... Jun 10, 2009 10:14 PM (Total replies: 3)

Nope, disabling it didn't work as well.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Unable to join any LAN game... Jun 10, 2009 10:07 PM (Total replies: 3)

I cannot test my own maps without not being able to load a LAN server. :/ This has been happening for like, 3 days now. Any help? On pressing "ESC" I get:

'Connect functions unavailable with -devmode'

...did they make it so you suddenly can't use devmode in LAN or something? :|

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » AI syncing May 27, 2009 08:57 PM (Total replies: 50)

Quote: --- Original message by: Mysterion
If vehicles sync, and an AI is driving a vehicle (which should sync), why doesn't the AI driven vehicle sync?

Because AI don't sync, and even though vehicles do, AI do not, so it cancels out vehicle syncing when an AI is in a vehicle.

Halo CE General Discussion » new map May 27, 2009 06:46 AM (Total replies: 5)

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4580

That one.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » i have no idea how to even start hek May 26, 2009 09:57 PM (Total replies: 3)

If you're trying to start the programs, go to the directory you installed it to.
(This is most likely C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition.)

Now as for the programs...

guerilla.exe: Used to edit tags and create them.

sapien.exe: Used for populating (adding objects to) maps.

tool.exe: Used for compiling, needs to be loaded from the CMD command prompt.

Halo CE General Discussion » Redneck? I got yer redneck RIGHT HERE! May 24, 2009 10:22 PM (Total replies: 133)

I see nothing wrong with a confederate flag in a map. I do not however, support a Nazi flag in a map, such as this one:

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1592

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE online May 23, 2009 06:34 PM (Total replies: 177)

Actually, Blaze, this is Dennis' forum, because he owns the server. If it's yours, why aren't you an administrator? :/

Halo CE General Discussion » Suggestions for an SP May 19, 2009 09:14 PM (Total replies: 23)

Ok, I got the BSP picked, and it's ratrace. I haven't seen too much mods of that, so I think it's a good choice.

Here's a vid, and I'm getting generally good comments on it.
http://www.xfire.com/video/bd54e/

Also, my mic kinda like ... makes my voice sound, idk, gay IMO. Ignore it if you want.

Halo CE General Discussion » Really quick question! May 19, 2009 07:24 PM (Total replies: 12)

Quote: --- Original message by: PVT Jenkins
The thing that goes duuuduuuduu? When cortana says "The Engines Have Gone Critical We Need To Evac Now".

It's a sound file called enginecritical.sound. It's in a d40 folder in the sound folder.

Halo CE General Discussion » Suggestions for an SP May 17, 2009 09:18 AM (Total replies: 23)

That's a good BSP. I'd change the sky to make it more darker and add some rain too probably.

Any others? And when I said my modeling was bad because I'm 12, I was trying to say that I don't understand some of the functions in GMax / 3ds.

Time: Mon September 23, 2019 10:15 AM 375 ms.
A Halo Maps Website