A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Ethereial
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 4, 2009 10:26 AM
Interests:
Your Age: 12... Just 12.
What Games do you play: Around 20, all on PC. Every game PX173 has
O_O
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Ethereial has contributed to 614 posts out of 469343 total posts (.13%) in 3,774 days (.16 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » CMT SPV2 A10 Public Beta Oct 4, 2009 10:26 AM (Total replies: 786)

Quote: --- Original message by: MasterRyan
I am getting an error where BOTH of the Plasma Rifles are a purpleish gray color, that is why I said they are the same, I did not know this until I saw what they are SUPPOSE to look like

why does this happen, it runs everything else in the map fine, so why is it just this?

Great, now you're officially known as some random person who bumps dead threads. Neither good nor bad, just adequate... like everyone else.

Check your video card and video settings, including your system's settings.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT SPV2 A10 Public Beta Sep 28, 2009 09:31 AM (Total replies: 786)

Quote: --- Original message by: Buggy Virus
Quote: --- Original message by: Ethereial
Why do people keep complaining the BR and pistol are too weak when the pistol is overpowered and the BR is overused(they're 2 different things)?

It's probably because you use those two things against shields, and don't bother to aim for the head. Oh, and don't strafe too much when firing the BR, else the shots'll spread. Seriously though, the AR is weaker. Did not quote post with length as a reason.

Correction, the pistol was strengthened, but the fire rate is a little too slow and messes up the rythym (crap I can't spell rythm right now and my spell checker is broken) of shooting.

The BR always has a messed up spread, if I make a BR, I'm just going to change the model of the pistol, sound, and the ammo clip look, but really I would still make it shoot one bullet like the pistol so that it actually feels like it should. and no one would figure it out unless they went to the wall and see that there is only one hole. At which point I'll just put up my hands and say, "All three bullets hit the same point and if there is a spray it effects all of them"...

But I'll be lying...

Yes. But it's even more overpowered. The RPM was toned down for obvious reasons.

CMT changed the pistol so it wouldn't be just like a BR. The BR spread was always a problem, which is a reason why I like H2's BR, where the projectiles all hit in the same spot.
Quote: --- Original message by: SwordMa5ster
If anyone has seen the mouse trap promo I think the pistol they were using looked good it had a slower rate of fire but it did a good amount of damage also they got rid of the stupid looking red dot.

What's wrong with the dot? Wait, what dot? But you could at least make the line transparent.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » ODST-style shield bar Sep 25, 2009 07:20 AM (Total replies: 14)

Quote: --- Original message by: inkscape13
Quote: EVERYONE SHUT UP IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO CONTRIBUTE TO THIS THREAD

Seriously, that wasn't really necessary. That type of outburst won't really help you get the help you are asking for.

And you're being stupid, not getting the point of the post.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT SPV2 A10 Public Beta Sep 25, 2009 06:12 AM (Total replies: 786)

Why do people keep complaining the BR and pistol are too weak when the pistol is overpowered and the BR is overused(they're 2 different things)?

It's probably because you use those two things against shields, and don't bother to aim for the head. Oh, and don't strafe too much when firing the BR, else the shots'll spread. Seriously though, the AR is weaker. Did not quote post with length as a reason.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Multiple bitmaps Sep 25, 2009 06:11 AM (Total replies: 9)

Quote: --- Original message by: chrisk123999

It's a sprite. Make all the bitmaps you want, then paste into a picture with a exactly blue background with the blue border being 1 pixel. Put them 1 pixel away from each other. Going downwards.
Edited by chrisk123999 on Sep 24, 2009 at 05:49 PM

Borders don't necessarily need to be one pixel thin. I had one with 10-pixel-thick borders.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Multiple bitmaps Sep 24, 2009 09:04 AM (Total replies: 9)

Quote: --- Original message by: tucker412
I'm asking how to compile multiple bitmaps in one .bitmap file.

If you'd look at one of the bitmaps like the grenade icons bitmap, you'd find out how to do it, because when you want to put more then one bitmap together, you do that in photoshop or w/e. It's the same process of compiling the bitmap.

I'm guessing layers. Ok, I'll check, if I do find the time. Homework sucks.

Oh wait now I see. Alphas suck.
Edited by Ethereial on Sep 24, 2009 at 09:22 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Multiple bitmaps Sep 24, 2009 04:55 AM (Total replies: 9)

I'm asking how to compile multiple bitmaps in one .bitmap file.

General Machinima Discussions » RvB type series: Recruiting Actors Sep 23, 2009 05:24 AM (Total replies: 45)

Even my thread is visible near the top. The list even shows threads since June.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » ODST-style shield bar Sep 22, 2009 06:25 AM (Total replies: 14)

EVERYONE SHUT UP IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO CONTRIBUTE TO THIS THREAD
Dennis, you know your role/

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Multiple bitmaps Sep 21, 2009 02:50 AM (Total replies: 9)

My 3rd help thread in a week. Wow.

I'm gonna ask a simple question: how do you compile several bitmaps into one file? Like hud_ammo_outlines.bitmap, somewhere in ui\hud\bitmaps\combined.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Changing the camera Sep 21, 2009 02:33 AM (Total replies: 3)

Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
There's a checkbox in Guerilla on the vehicle tag, which says "Third person camera". I'll leave it to you to figure out what to do.

No. Apparently I'm asking how you change the camera marker, since I already know about that, thank you very much. Bothering with that checkbox only makes it worse. If you've checked the Warthog #camera marker, you'll see that it's under the Hog, and the mesh is crap from that view.

Or maybe the markers aren't related to the camera, from what I've just seen. A little unlikely.
Edited by Ethereial on Sep 21, 2009 at 02:36 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Changing the camera Sep 20, 2009 09:57 AM (Total replies: 3)

Well, I thought driving vehicles in FP would be cool(except for the Banshee... unless you put in a view screen, I dunno if possible), and add a sense of realism to the game instead of being able to charge into an room full of aliens and not have a single scratch on your health. I can do that even on Heroic, but hell, everyone can, which is why it's more like a charge-into-the-battlefield, kill-hundred-soldiers-without-dying type of game rather than a take-cover-and-think-before-you-act type of game. Anyways I'm completely off topic.

So I'm asking, if at all possible(which I'm sure it is), how do you change the camera marker from #camera to #driver?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » ODST-style shield bar Sep 20, 2009 06:53 AM (Total replies: 14)

Everybody, STFU.

I still don't get it. And I thought everyone else wanted a CoD mod.
Edited by Ethereial on Sep 20, 2009 at 07:43 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » ODST-style shield bar Sep 19, 2009 09:48 PM (Total replies: 14)

Quote: --- Original message by: BeachParty clan
the fatigue bar is not representing shield, the screen that turns red does.

the fatigue bar represents health (i have h3 odst so i know what im saying)

what i've describen to you is how to turn that screen red, basically you make it white and inverse alpha. then you set the alpha colour in hek to 220 or so for the medium low and empty shield colour, the full alpha should be 0 to be transparent.

then you set the colours, make sure that disabled/empty colour equals the low shield colour.

there you have it, red screen when your shield runs out.

Oh, sorry, I meant it even isn't a bar. To err is human. Yeah, I saw the gameplay demo, so I know the screen turns red when your stamina goes down.

-So, the bitmap is white, but the alpha is black?
-What alpha color? I don't see anything in Guerilla, just the non-alpha colors, or so it says. So you're saying like 220 R, 0 G, and 0 B?
-So the minimum and maximum colors should be the same?

Sorry if I demand much, but I really need a step-by-step, bulleted guide, a few pictures should get it done. Then I just need a visor outline. If I continue with an ODST map, that is, and I still need a scripter.
Edited by Ethereial on Sep 19, 2009 at 09:53 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: Xaos
if a go kart is built to look like a truck, by any logical standards, it ISN'T a truck. just because it looks like the POA doesn't make it a cruiser. it's small size and relatively small crew capacity makes it a Frigate. if that, it could just be a really big VTOL. frigates are designed for combat, but also a variety of roles, like carriers, scouts, mining ships, medical ships etc. Cruisers are more like destroyers, they focus on armour and armaments. this frigate is a support ship, not just made for combat. In a space-only level, where i take away the ODST drops and give more guns, it may well be a cruiser. till then, in atmo, its a frigate.

and it will only fall on non-space levels. the one i intend to start with, being a foresty map, will have the frigate fall and explode. i was thinking on that map, make it harder to shoot down but have no MAC at all, no gunner-controlled guns and instead have the ODST drops and the Bunker drop idea as alt fire. maybe a few extra AI gunners up the front to assist in survival

Nevertheless it's of the same model cut down for gameplay issues. So it's still a cruiser, FYI.

And one problem is that there already is a design for a frigate, so call it something else, or remake it in another game, preferably with Havok physics, like Max Payne 2. That way you won't be wronged by everyone else. But don't call it a frigate. And no, no AI gunners for MP.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » ODST-style shield bar Sep 16, 2009 08:26 AM (Total replies: 14)

Well, since the shield bar in ODST actually represents your stamina, it acts as a shield nonetheless. This is basically a continuation of my unanswered question: how do you make an ODST-styled shield/stamina bar(if it even is a bar)?

Quote: --- Original message by: BeachParty clan

Still nobody helping with the shield bars...

*sigh* so simple... make it have no gradient in the alpha channel, just 1 colour.
make the bitmap cover your whole screen

Then you set the shield colour to red for minimum, dark red for medium, and black for full.

That's it --> red screen when your shield runs out <--

congrats.
Edited by BeachParty clan on Aug 23, 2009 at 03:54 AM

That's what BP said, but I couldn't completely interpret it.

1. 1 color in the alpha channel... I get it... but which color?
2. I don't get the colors. Which color is invisible in the in-game HUD, black, white, or just nothing?
3. Do you still have to make some white parts in the non-alpha channels/layers? Or do you leave it completely blank?

i just cut bits of the quote that weren't relevant, to shorten it. it looks like the pillar of autumn, but it is A LOT smaller. just because you have a toy model of a Jaguar XJR doesn't mean that the toy is actually classified as a vehicle. its a mini version.

if someone is shooting MAC rounds at you, eventually your ship will be destroyed, but maybe needs enough shots that two or three pilots can use the same vehicle before it explodes from the collective damage. by explode, i mean it will hover there while the delay timer ticks away, and everyone can attempt to evacuate the ship, via escape pods, harboured vehicles or helljumping. the ship will have random weak grenade explosions every few seconds i suppose, and will begin to fall, if that's possible. if i can make it fall, it'll fall fast, crushing everything beneath it and then proceed to explode after about 30 seconds. you'll have a minute to get out before it falls, so another delay timer maybe...

So you're using the PoA model on a much smaller scale but you call it a frigate? Might as well call it a cruiser, minimized for obvious gameplay reasons.

Oh, and no falling please, but if it's in an atmosphere, make it fall just about the speed of a Warthog.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » SP a1mb0t Sep 15, 2009 07:03 AM (Total replies: 18)

From what I know MP aimbots also work in SP... but maybe not.

Except for the physics engine and the spawns and teleporters, yes. Make random explosions that actually damage you if you're within the blast radius, although you should make it weaker than a frag grenade. You should put those in while the delay timer is active. That would actually make it have some sense. Problem is, Halcyons are basically near-impervious, as you've seen how the Pillar of Autumn took that much plasma torpedoes, crashed on Halo, and still didn't blow up until you...

Yeah, I know quoting it wasn't necessary, but I laughed at that part.

The vehicle should have a hekklohdoff health.

This ISN'T a halcyon cruiser. its a little frigate with a Mini MAC. it will be resilient, so if you fire enough, you'll kill the pilot, and another pilot can get in. if you fire more, it will be destroyed. Besides, three MAC rounds will disable a covenant Carrier, so MAC rounds would be more powerful than plasma torpedoes. And do you mean that when it is 'destroyed', have frag grenades going off before the whole thing explodes? thats a good idea

No, when the delay timer is active, have explosions like in the first level. Except they're random and actually damage you, although it should only take off a little more than half of your shields.

But still, I thought you were using the PoA model. But I don't understand, you're saying that if you fire enough MAC rounds the ship goes boom?

And what the hell is wrong with the quotes? You have to manually fix them.
Edited by Ethereial on Sep 15, 2009 at 07:04 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » SP a1mb0t Sep 14, 2009 08:28 AM (Total replies: 18)

Quote: --- Original message by: DDT_Ghost
not possible because the AIs itself don't have a clip that can be accessed by a script as far as i know.
you could make the ai aim at the spawn points but i think that's all.
correct mah if im wrong

I believe he's talking about an external application. I believe you didn't read the title and just clicked the "Random Thread" button.
Edited by Ethereial on Sep 14, 2009 at 08:42 AM

Time: Tue September 17, 2019 4:01 PM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website