A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: ImBrokeRU
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 30, 2011 07:25 PM
Interests:
Your Age: on your bed, sleeping...
What Games do you play: Got the order yet?
Quadratics have roots. Therefore they are plants.

Post Statistics
ImBrokeRU has contributed to 36 posts out of 469376 total posts (.01%) in 3,794 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Tags Released Dec 30, 2011 07:25 PM (Total replies: 84)

The only thing that were left out are the weapon hud interfaces. Just link them to any pre-existing weapon hud interface (even the default halo ones), or make your own.

Halo CE General Discussion » Tags Released Dec 24, 2011 09:55 PM (Total replies: 84)

Silly me. It is now fixed :P

Halo CE General Discussion » Tags Released Dec 24, 2011 10:05 AM (Total replies: 84)

Quote: --- Original message by: ODX

I like how I'm not in the actual credits, and instead I'm just "Animations by ODX" next to the SMG. Nice to see those animations finally released properly though, lol.
Edited by ODX on Dec 24, 2011 at 10:03 AM

Lol, I fixed that.

Halo CE General Discussion » Tags Released Dec 24, 2011 09:45 AM (Total replies: 84)

I have university, so compiling tags wasn't a top priority. The battle rifle is included. I do not have the ma5c

Halo CE General Discussion » Tags Released Dec 24, 2011 09:01 AM (Total replies: 84)

Well, its pretty self explanatory. Read the readme for more info
For anyone who has contributed to these tags and do not have their name listed, make yourself known by posting below.

Truth is, a majority of you guys here on the forums may have more of my tags than I do. Post your releases here if you have them, so I can add the links here.

Tag release pack: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42292549/Broke%27s%20halo%20tag%20release.zip
Gauss Sniper: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42292549/gauss%20sniper.zip

Happy Holidays!
- Leo (ImBrokeRU)

README:
So due to popular request, I've finally compiled the tags that I didn't loose. This pack includes:
- Tatical Battle Rifle
- Standard Battle Rifle
- Supressed SMG
- Reverie sceneries (trees, mushrooms)
- Plasma and rocket/frag explosion effects
- MW2 ACR, M4A1, and USP

You can also download the gauss sniper from here: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=39383

========
Notes
==========
- Tatical BR and standard BR's main weapon tag are in folder: halo3\weapons
- Although other h3 weapons are listed in the folder, I dont have the entire tagset for them.
- Supressed SMG (Animations by ODX) are in h3\weapons\single
- Explosion effects have their main effect tag in halo3\weapons\rocket-launcher and halo3\weapons\plasma-grenade
- All reverie scenery main tags are listed in [reverie]scenery\naturals
- All MW weapons main tags are in mw\weapons

- Most of the tags here are not polished. Feel free to polish them to your needs. Make sure you read the disclamer before releasing.

=========
Credits:
==========
ImBrokeRU
Jesse
Gamma927
Spartan094
Infinity Ward
Bungie
Yoko
ODX
Various people I did not mention (please add on)

==========
Disclamer:
===========
You are free to use the tags for non-commercial purposes. Be sure to give credits to the respective authors.
Feel free to include these to your existing halo project, or other projects. As long as you're not making money off of it.
Edited by ImBrokeRU on Dec 24, 2011 at 10:04 AM
Edited by ImBrokeRU on Dec 24, 2011 at 09:54 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Gauss Sniper Nov 30, 2011 09:36 PM (Total replies: 92)

So I'm thinking of releasing the following list of things (once I get them all nice and organized):

-Reverie project environments
- Glowing trees, mushrooms, particles if I can find.
- Plasma and frag grenade explosion effects

http://youtu.be/czRjwPobcYw - plasma and rocket (frag) effects
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4ujEZgvzLA - Trees

Anything else anyone may be interested in? Post it and i'll see if I still have the tags.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Gauss Sniper Nov 26, 2011 11:06 AM (Total replies: 92)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FDW6987_MQ

I did compile it previously, but it needed work on tagging and animations.
For people who want to compile it, I think it may be useful to explain my original concept.

• 4 shots / magazine

• Charge fire based - Similar to plasma pistol. ~2 seconds to charge. Projectile explodes to cause a small area of splash damage. Give the detonation of the projectile some force to help disable (turn over) vehicles in motion.

• Uncharged -> Bullet speed limit + drop (slower and more bullet drop than the warthog bullet?) 1 shot kills on head-shot and chest (if too overpowered, shot on chest could take down shield and health to one bar)

• Charged -> Bullet speed = assault rifle bullet (no bullet drop). One shot kills on head and chest, and greater splash area than uncharged.

• Over penetration shouldn't be over powered. Adjust to whatever best fits. (I would say maximum, penetrate one layer of metal, and penetrate all organic surfaces. Reflect on hunter shield, and deplete jackle shields.)

• On the video, if you look carefully, you can see that there is static sweeping across the sniper screen.

• Make some indicator that the weapon is charging? Sparks going through the barrel area, glowing areas glow brighter, indicator on display, get creative :)

• The concept of the explosion effect in the video was what I had in mind. Feel free to get creative with it. (The firing wasn't very nice :P)

I'm currently away from my off campus house, so I do not have access to my pc. I'll try to release the tags I had for this weapon when I get back.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Gauss Sniper Nov 23, 2011 05:17 PM (Total replies: 92)

It's just the art assets. I am currently in university, and compiling all the assets together is kind of difficult to manage. I may just end up putting it all into one unprotected map and releasing it here. Main thing is a lot of my stuff have already been released. Not exactly sure what you guys want from me :P

Also a quick question. Isn't there already well made halo3 maps here? People on youtube are constantly bugging me for halo3 maps, and I'm thinking of redirecting them here.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Gauss Sniper Nov 23, 2011 02:22 PM (Total replies: 92)

I had this laying around, and I never understood why I didn't release it all this time.

Link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42292549/gauss%20sniper.zip
Edit: I forgot to include the compass and charge meter bitmaps:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42292549/compass-and-chargemeter.zip

Some pics from my previous posts:

The credits are in the readme. You can use this for any project you like, as long as you credit.
BTW, I would love to see this in OS with normals and phong... Just sayin...

Have fun!
Edited by ImBrokeRU on Nov 23, 2011 at 02:32 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Aug 17, 2011 10:24 PM (Total replies: 11479)

Made some concept art for project Reverie's environments. I'm really hoping I can get some help with the project if anyone is willing :)

These are some quick concept paintings done in Photoshop, so quality isn't exactly great. Just trying to get ideas across.

The super-condensed summary of the project is:
- Single-player, stealth/firefight game-play
- Fantasy/halo mixed environmental design.
- Environments focused toward beauty more than realism

The rough idea of the single player is this:
You are an ODST sent on a stealth mission to retrieve a sample of a crystal under the surface of Halo. Human intel suspects that covenants are mining this crystal for their armory. To help aid the development of future weapons, you are to retrieve a sample of this crystal and return to your drop off zone.
Of course, it always sounds easier. On the way, you discover heavy covenant defences. Your stealth mission quickly becomes a fight to survive.

Maybe it would have been a better idea to start a new thread?
Edited by ImBrokeRU on Aug 17, 2011 at 10:25 PM
Edited by ImBrokeRU on Aug 17, 2011 at 10:26 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Aug 4, 2011 10:20 PM (Total replies: 11479)

Quote: --- Original message by: Disaster
The model and texture for that rifle are very well done. It's nice to see people around here who actually know what they are doing. :)

Didn't we all start from knowing nothing? Tyvm for the complement :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FDW6987_MQ
Some updated effects. Fire probably needs more work.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Aug 4, 2011 12:11 PM (Total replies: 11479)

Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925
Yes people animate it to look pretty. That's the point anyway. Like with Broke's sniper. Which I like those sound's but the firing sound needs a couple tweeks.

It has been tweaked :)

Here's the link with new effects and stuff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lVT1MYCQKo
Edited by ImBrokeRU on Aug 4, 2011 at 02:52 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Aug 4, 2011 08:19 AM (Total replies: 11479)

Quote: --- Original message by: Slyr_Bleach
Lol. I had said that in a previous post above.
Get different sounds for the reload and the bolt cocking---you can probably get those from the Crysis series.
Edited by Slyr_Bleach on Aug 4, 2011 at 01:43 AM

Do you have the sounds available in audio format? I don't have crysis any more and I don't want to go on another hunt for sounds on google/youtube. If you can upload and pm me the links, that would be great. So far, the slightly edited gauss warthog sound fits pretty well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2027syQYpeM

I also found the crysis 1 gauss rifle firing sound. It sounded too "techy" imo and didn't fit the halo mood :P (maybe for a covenant weapon). I tried mixing it with the halo gauss sound and it just didn't work well. Maybe you can provide me with the reload sounds as you have mentioned?

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Aug 3, 2011 06:32 PM (Total replies: 11479)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzVQochQho0

Added some small touches on the display. Anyone got suggestions for sounds? I have nothing in my head except the halo gauss hog sound as of yet.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Aug 3, 2011 09:17 AM (Total replies: 11479)

So the sniper is done:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59q6M-sf-kc

- WIP animations by ICEE

The idea is that it will work like a plasma pistol. The normal shot will work as a normal sniper round, with the addition of a slower bullet speed and bullet drop. The charged shot travels a lot faster with no bullet drop, and kills one shot on the chest+head. Also, the rounds will have a slight splash and force, making it a good weapon to disable vehicles (flip them over).
Using your wild imaginations, I suppose you guys can dream of the fancy charge effects :)
Edited by ImBrokeRU on Aug 3, 2011 at 09:19 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Jul 31, 2011 11:24 PM (Total replies: 11479)

Quote: --- Original message by: ICEE
Personally I feel that the glowing bits are a little too prominent. However, since its technically a gauss/rail gun I can see the possible justification for having somewhat more glowy bits around the barrel.

I made it stand out mostly for render purposes. It is intended as a really weak glow, only visible in darkness. In game however, I would probably make it so it doesn't even seem to glow under light.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Jul 31, 2011 11:14 PM (Total replies: 11479)

Now it wouldn't be halo without glowing thingies...

It would probably work better with a warmer colour. I choose an ice blue for the render, but it can be easily changed to a red.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Jul 31, 2011 05:07 PM (Total replies: 11479)

Some more wips. The content within the rails are still in the design stage. I need to think of something interesting for them :P. Lets just say its 97% done. Made some spec and normal maps and rendered it in 3ds max.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Jul 26, 2011 10:52 PM (Total replies: 11479)

Some more updates on the sniper: 90% done

Credits to Spartan094 for Chuck Norris approval :)
Edited by ImBrokeRU on Jul 26, 2011 at 11:01 PM
Edited by ImBrokeRU on Jul 26, 2011 at 11:17 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Jul 25, 2011 09:42 AM (Total replies: 11479)

Quote: --- Original message by: ODX
Markers aren't taken into account for animation files, at least I don't believe they are since ICEE would always tell me to delete them back when I first started.

You can always link a marker to a frame node and animate it that way. (Yes, markers are not taken into account in animations).

Time: Wed October 16, 2019 11:56 AM 359 ms.
A Halo Maps Website