A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: xsnoder
About Contact
Last Post: May 14, 2011 04:34 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
~xofect~flem~

Post Statistics
xsnoder has contributed to 241 posts out of 469347 total posts (.05%) in 3,770 days (.06 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Need Advice Oct 7, 2010 07:25 AM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: PPS Icelord1337
I think I'm about to jump into modding, Anybody have advice?

Start where you can and get better. I do advise at some point to be more creative. After you have had some time to learn Get gmax/3ds max, take some tutorialís on making basic box maps and the rest is history. You can only get better, well most follow that path anyway. lol
Everyone starts somewhere, even the people in this thread had to start somewhere.
Good luck and have fun with it.
Edited by xsnoder on Oct 7, 2010 at 07:27 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » multiple screens Oct 6, 2010 04:59 AM (Total replies: 8)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
This will come in handy

Command Line Arguments for Starting Halo CE
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?nid=309

Very handy,

Quote: --- Original message by: Wrath
Stop acting like children and just be serious for once.

Also a heavy load of stuff will surface in a few months so maybe you should stay.

Very true wrath, There are some cool maps coming out around christmas. I will have two of my own out around that time ( a mp and a sp )and I know of some more projects that are nearing completion.
Edited by xsnoder on Sep 28, 2010 at 05:19 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Extreme Haitus, and even so I'd say I'm back Sep 19, 2010 06:52 AM (Total replies: 29)

I remeber you. Welcom back bro. I don't come here very much anymore either but am getting to the point where I feel like making another map.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Recruiting advanced map makers Jun 9, 2010 07:08 AM (Total replies: 9)

Quote: --- Original message by: Ilikdonuts101
how is this a technical issue? wrong forum lol

You need to go away troll.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » CMT tags fail me...(please help!!) Jun 9, 2010 06:59 AM (Total replies: 35)

Dude, chillax. This is a thread about CMT linking via their tags.
BTW, check out the sentinel enforcer tags in tags\cmt\characters\enforver - they are epic pwnage

lol de javu

Dude you have trolled my threads and everyone that I know. Go away you little cockroach.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How do I edit a BSP? Jun 9, 2010 06:51 AM (Total replies: 99)

Quote: --- Original message by: xsnoder

#1 If you want to be taken serious, learn how to spell better and work on your grammer.
#4 you are still new here and have not established yourself much less any maps/models? So Don't give advise you have not masterd yourself.
Edited by xsnoder on Jun 8, 2010 at 06:23 AM

no offense but you spelt grammar "grammer" and spelt mastered "masterd"

You are new here and making stupid mistakes right away ,as well, so I will make this short.
The only offense I am taking is you butting your way into a thread that has nothing to do with you. Who are you and why do you feel you need to say something to me? You don't know me hero. Go troll someone eles.
Edited by xsnoder on Jun 9, 2010 at 06:52 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How do I edit a BSP? Jun 8, 2010 06:21 AM (Total replies: 99)

No one said he was crazy bro? I'm human and get tired of helping someone whom won't help themselves, pretty simple actually... Also, I wasn't suggesting anything, I was telling you and the op as clear as I could to Work together and learn. You both are realatively in the same area of experience. I thought it was a rather clever match ,a little sarcastic but clever non the less.
These are suggestions Niels.
#1 If you want to be taken serious, learn how to spell better and work on your grammer.
#2 You need to pick a side and play it for three rounds instead of changing your stance with every gust of wind.
#3 Take your own advice and watch a few more tutorials.
#4 you are still new here and have not established yourself much less any maps/models? So Don't give advise you have not masterd yourself.
#5 toughen up that thin shin my friend. You wouldn't sway the way you do if you had more confidence in what you say.
#6 don't poke the snoder. I will not argue the facts. The fact is, you are new and need to seek help, not give it.
I have worked for a year to establish myself here and made many many maps before I started helping others. You are no exception and tbqh are very bad at the advice game Go back to your drawing board and earn your bragging rights. you have non right now and are losing my respect, fast. Peace
Edited by xsnoder on Jun 8, 2010 at 06:23 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How do I edit a BSP? Jun 6, 2010 05:55 AM (Total replies: 99)

Quote: --- Original message by: Niels

But skidrow did help me out recently. There is a supprizing helpfull part in him. He's just not mutch of a quick understander. He'll get it after a while (most times). ^.^

I think he needs a video about how to make bsp whit HEK.
Edited by Niels on Jun 6, 2010 at 05:36 AM

You need help as well Niels sooo you two are perfect for each other lol:) Done here

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How do I edit a BSP? Jun 6, 2010 05:32 AM (Total replies: 99)

Quote: --- Original message by: Niels
Dude import the errors whit chimp wrl importer and they will be where they should be. Now you fix open deges by welding the vertecies and updade eges by adding vertecies or removing faces that are wrong. (I make it sound eassy) Just seache the forum on the details I got a copple of topics in whitch I explain it.

And skidro, I told you a douzend times

PLEASE JUST TRY THE HEK TUTORIAL FIRST BEFORE DOING THE HARD STUFF! PLEASE!

For once I agree with Niels and I agree with you Maniac. This guy is not serious and has no clue what we are talking about. I am sorry but I threw a ton of good stuff your way man but you seem to not even look at it. Learn the little things like niels said and actually study the work,, then try this agian ,say in, 6 months or so? Laters
Edited by xsnoder on Jun 6, 2010 at 05:39 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Supwoofer Jun 4, 2010 06:20 AM (Total replies: 36)

I can't believe this, Mark is right and so is slayer117
If you all slam everyone that tries to do something they like, when will they learn? How is it your critisim is supposed to help? How much cr@p did you all put out in the early days?? How many tiimes did you get run thru becuase your work su%ked? huh? Some of you at one point or another were horrible. My early stuff sucks and so doe's some of my older maps but I do it becuase I like it, I imagine he likes doing this as well.
In short if you aint got something nice or constructive to say, Then shut the h@ll up.

Your map does not suck it is just your first one. Something I noticed is:...., Not many people put water falls in there firsrt map, or get inventive with the bsp but "you did" Thumbs high. good job. Watch many tutorials and practice practice practice.
They can only get better.

Halo CE General Discussion » The CMT Thread Jun 3, 2010 05:27 AM (Total replies: 206)

Not, at all what I expected from CMT. Bummer

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How do I edit a BSP? May 31, 2010 05:39 AM (Total replies: 99)

Quote:
Quote:
Poly welding and mesh welding are a little different but same concept. Slappy gave you a perfect example. In mesh I like to pick out the verts individualy and target them, but if I want to weld many verts I use the poly tool. . TUTORIALS

-.-----.-----.----.
-.-----.-----.----. you would set the weld for something like this to a 0.5 or 2 somewhere in there becuase of the distance. They are right on top of each other so the # doe's not need be high, now if it is like this

--.---.-----.

--,---,-----, then the # to weld is going to be higher, I think? Not for sure on that one.
You need to download the wiki tutorials from halo maps.org and ,really, read, practice.
Here is an awesome tutorial to get you going in poly modeling instead of primitives.

http://www.4shared.com/video/de40yjSr/Base_Modeling_Tut_Using_Editab.html
I can't stress enough to watch as many tutorials as possible. Right now I don't see you doing that so? Practice what has been given to you and you will succeed. Keep asking others to do it for you will end up right where you are at. Peace and now I say good luck and I hope to see this map out soon.
Edited by xsnoder on May 31, 2010 at 05:43 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How do I edit a BSP? May 29, 2010 09:25 AM (Total replies: 99)

Ok my bad. I thought you understood a little more then you do. But none the less here is a final pic for you to look at. When you seal the cap or whatever you want to call it, you in turn close the box up like slappy was saying. Open edges are exactly that "open edges" to close them is as simple as the word "close". If you take a good modeling or mapping tutorial it would make your venture much less confusing, also I believe you should watch a couple so you can get ahead of the game. You have already angerd a awesome person here "Gamma927" Not a good move. Be cool, make some friends and turn that rep around before it's to late.
Here is a example of closeing up the top or whatever. There are many different ways you can do this but I just threw a lid on it real quick to give you an Idea. . My edge errors went from 3,456.?? to 137. the 137 errors are not on the lid any more but in the bases and internal bsp structers. These are very easy to fix. "TUTORIALS" bro

good luck

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How do I edit a BSP? May 27, 2010 06:13 AM (Total replies: 99)

Ok lets all back up real quick. This is getting more confusing then it needs to be. first, No one wants your map bro, I know there are some who would ,but, that would only be finished maps. second the people you are talking to ,minus one, are accomplished ,model, map makers and would never even dream of doing something like that. I have made over 30 maps , 15 ,published, and do this quite frequent. Now, in order to post your file you need a file share account like 4shared or one of those. Copy the link and past here in your post. If not then help can be limited. everyone is telling you the same thing. It is probably confusing with all the info but it is all the same for the most part.
I am going to try and do the same thing just out of curiosity to see where you might be missing something. I will post something in a day or two, keep trying and don't give up. Just a bump in the road.

attach levels ,or, bridge by creating the link between the bsp's, then attach..
link level, to frame
save
runscript. (jms exporter) save in your new maps model folder.

OK UPDATE Threw this together rather fast. Just an example.
I did one this morning and this is what I got. It worked just fine for me, so I am a little more confused. I had no actor or too many actor errors actually I had non eccept for haveing to do some shader arrangments. Let me know?

BTW good idea for a map. I will absolutly not take anyones ideas, but thought I would compliment you on this idea. Peace

Edited by xsnoder on May 27, 2010 at 11:32 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How do I edit a BSP? May 26, 2010 04:12 AM (Total replies: 99)

Can you post the 3ds file here? I would rather look at it. I am confused and it should have linked. See if you can post it.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How do I edit a BSP? May 25, 2010 08:59 AM (Total replies: 99)

Question, What is in the scene? is it just your basic map? box map? Do you have anything imported into it? did you forget to delete any leftover models?
Sometimes if I import a model into my scene, I forget to delete the parts of the model I am not going to use,, like a node or something. That is why I say check the sky box. Look for anything eles. that says frame. delete them all. Now make another box, sphere whatever you make a frame from and "RELINK YOUR LEVEL TO THE FRAME NOT THE OTER WAY" AROUNDSomething like this. Don't confuse the scene with other frames or left over pieces of scenery somewhere. If all eles fails do it over and try agian
Poat the 3ds file so someone can take a look at it.
Edited by xsnoder on May 25, 2010 at 09:01 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How do I edit a BSP? May 23, 2010 04:15 AM (Total replies: 99)

what are you using? 3ds 8, 9, 10? gmax? and how did you combine the level's? your bsp's? Make sure you attach the left overs then try it agian. Depending on what you mean "I combined the 2 bsp's?" try 1 bsp and see what happens.
Here is a tutorial, This might help you figure out where you might be going wrong. Someone told me once that the order in wich you link is important, but I have had no troubles in this area so my help is going to be limited unfortunatly. Peaece

PS just another thought real quick. Make sure you are linking all independent objects as well as the level, Say you have water? link that as well. Ect....

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2299 basic map tutorial by WH k Guru. Good for a starter
Edited by xsnoder on May 23, 2010 at 04:42 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How do I edit a BSP? May 22, 2010 05:52 AM (Total replies: 99)

Question, What is in the scene? is it just your basic map? box map? Do you have anything imported into it? did you forget to delete any leftover models?
Sometimes if I import a model into my scene, I forget to delete the parts of the model I am not going to use,, like a node or something. That is why I say check the sky box. Look for anything eles. that says frame. delete them all. Now make another box, sphere whatever you make a frame from and relink your level to your frame not the other way around.. Something like this. Don't confuse the scene with other frames or left over pieces of scenery somewhere. If all eles fails do it over and try agian.,

Edited by xsnoder on May 22, 2010 at 05:57 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How do I edit a BSP? May 21, 2010 03:57 AM (Total replies: 99)

Too many actors would be more than one frame in the scene. Delete all other frames, (check your sky box for these) and link your map to one frame only.

Time: Mon September 23, 2019 3:16 PM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website