A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Frankie The Grunt
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 12, 2009 01:24 PM
Interests: Gaming, writing, reading, music
Your Age: Old enough to drive, not old enough to drink
What Games do you play: Mostly Halo
Murphy the Grunt coming soon!
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Frankie The Grunt has contributed to 24 posts out of 469494 total posts (.01%) in 3,832 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Campaign Project Dec 12, 2009 01:24 PM (Total replies: 10)

Alright, well, my friend is sleeping so I can't pester him to start working on the models. We'll get what we can up when we're able. And I'll start working on the script, I guess you'd call it.

Thanks for the replies.

Halo CE General Discussion » Campaign Project Dec 12, 2009 04:11 AM (Total replies: 10)

I'm pretty sure I don't need to say "Don't get your hopes up", the fact that most campaign plans fail before they're started is a well known fact in these here forums so you're welcome to just ignore everything that's typed and say whatever your little hearts desire.

So me and my friend thought to start making Halo Wars junk and get it onto Halo Custom Edition. From the bases, to simply scenery, to the units themselves. There's just a one little big group of problems. He can only model and animate, and I can (barely) make a field from scratch. So, we basically need people for help with everything else.

What do we have thought up so far though?

Nothing

Except the fact it takes place before Halo 1, will (hopefully) be including content from Halo Wars and other halo-related crap, and that something epic should happen.

We is geniuses.

I don't know a whole lot about how things work in the more refined long-term ways. I just know if you can show something good, and/or that's not a bloodgulch remake intended for usage as something other then a test make, then people get interested. Neither me or my pal have anything to share yet, aside from basic concepts. If you'd like to help, great, if not, that's fine. But, as I've said there isn't enough skill between me and him to so much as make anything from scratch.

So yeah, comments? Offers to help? Opinions one might consider negetive?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps Sponsored Official CMT Thread Dec 11, 2009 01:05 PM (Total replies: 3743)

It's like Valve, they make something good, then take forever to make the next thing. I don't really care how long it takes as long as it's not after I'm on my death bed.

They're not too bright. It worked, but they either sit around, or run head first into a wall and keep their foots on the pedals.

Well, I've followed Command List thousands of freakin' times and failed. So I'm done with that. Too lazy to script, sadly. but I love to tinker in Guerrila. So lets go with that one.

Alright, well, after about three years (Yes, I'm serious, sadly) I've now got the ability to make my maps playable. I can add in A.I., vehicles, modify what they hold and all that good crap. But there's still one thing I'm having trouble with. I can't get A.I. into vehicles using the command option. I've browsed the tutorials but so far I can't find the one I had originally watched that actually works. Anyone know a good video that shows how to use the commands to get A.I. to get in vehicles?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » A.I. Sep 22, 2009 06:37 PM (Total replies: 5)

I don't know how to script.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » A.I. Sep 22, 2009 05:51 PM (Total replies: 5)

Okay, my computer refuses to download anything from Halo maps. Anyone willing to explain how to get A.I. to drive vehicles?

Halo CE General Discussion » Textures Sep 21, 2009 10:01 PM (Total replies: 3)

Jeez, I really miss this stuff don't I? XD

Halo CE General Discussion » Textures Sep 21, 2009 09:40 PM (Total replies: 3)

No, there's none here. Just another question.

Is there any way to convert bitmaps into some sort of file that can be opened and modified?

Jenkins I just said "aside from HDoan" because I already asked him. He won't give them to me.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Yet another problem I'm having Jun 12, 2009 04:57 PM (Total replies: 4)

oh~

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Yet another problem I'm having Jun 12, 2009 03:28 PM (Total replies: 4)

Oh..well then. Any idea why I can't compile maps then?

wait...it might be my part on that end. I'm using Custom Edition Launcher. How long does it take to compile a map? Cuz, after it does the lightmap thing the output box just kinda goes away. ^^; and I don't have any map in my folder...

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Yet another problem I'm having Jun 12, 2009 03:20 PM (Total replies: 4)

In EVERY error I get when trying to compile a map, something involving "cannot read \toolbeta.map" or something like that pops up. Anyone got a solution to this?
Edited by Frankie The Grunt on Jun 12, 2009 at 03:20 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » OBJ Model Merger Jun 12, 2009 01:41 PM (Total replies: 6)

Sorry...but huh? ^^;

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » OBJ Model Merger Jun 12, 2009 11:59 AM (Total replies: 6)

Well that sucks...then...can you tell me where I can find a tutorial to put all those together or something?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » OBJ Model Merger Jun 12, 2009 12:45 AM (Total replies: 6)

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1302

I extracted the arbiter model from Halo 2 with Entity, now I'm trying to get them meshed together and in a usable format for Gmax so I can hopefully make them into bipeds for usage in my machinima.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » OBJ Model Merger Jun 12, 2009 12:23 AM (Total replies: 6)

I keep getting a "Type 13" error thing. Can someone help?

I'll just cut this short. I'm making a machinima, and am wanting to know if anyone aside from HDoan has tag extracts from Halo 2, specifically the Heretic Elites and Grunts. And that covenant shadow from the city level. If you're concerned that I'll distribute them without you wanting to I promise you I have no intention of putting the maps I make with them or the tags themselves anywhere on the internet.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » AA Wraith Tags Jun 11, 2009 02:40 PM (Total replies: 10)

I don't think so. Not really sure. I think I got it from like File Front or something but the search engine there hates me like hitler hates jews...=w=''

Time: Sat December 7, 2019 2:31 AM 1,156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website