A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: DJMixalot
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 29, 2009 03:19 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 18
What Games do you play: Minesweeper
Stay stay stay...
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
DJMixalot has contributed to 20 posts out of 469458 total posts (0.00%) in 3,804 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Trippy looking Sapien issue Jun 26, 2009 07:23 PM (Total replies: 12)

Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
Quote: --- Original message by: DJMixalot
this exact thing happened to mea while ago. If you look at your bitmaps in guerilla, specifically the ones on your bsp, they should look all colorful just like in that pic. What I did was copied my entire tags folder to another location, then uninstall and reinstalled HEK. Then you copy your tags folder(the one you copied earlier), and paste it in your Halo Custom Edition directory. Choose not to overwrite so you don't overwrite the new stuff with the corrupted stuff.

You know, that's the exact same thing as re-installing HEK. Uninstalling HEK won't delete your tags folder, but only the important tags. Installing it again will overwrite any corrupted bitmap. No need to move the tags folder.

Oh ok. Didn't know that. Thanks.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Trippy looking Sapien issue Jun 26, 2009 07:00 PM (Total replies: 12)

this exact thing happened to mea while ago. If you look at your bitmaps in guerilla, specifically the ones on your bsp, they should look all colorful just like in that pic. What I did was copied my entire tags folder to another location, then uninstall and reinstalled HEK. Then you copy your tags folder(the one you copied earlier), and paste it in your Halo Custom Edition directory. Choose not to overwrite so you don't overwrite the new stuff with the corrupted stuff.

Halo CE General Discussion » Modding team needed! [Halo CE: Helljumpers] Jun 25, 2009 06:32 PM (Total replies: 38)

Its a fleur de lis.

Look at this map for reference. http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=384 The boat hogs will glitch and fly into the sky. I think it has something to do with its collision with the water. But the big transport boats in the map work fine.

Also does anyone know if the boat vehicle tag works? Its where you define if the vehicle is: human jeep, human tank, alien scout, human boat, etc. (i don't remember the other choices off the top of my head.)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Need help for S-III mod Jun 25, 2009 04:33 PM (Total replies: 83)

Quote: --- Original message by: Ethereial

Yeah, another campaign mod, in the exact way John sees it, but as a Spartan - III. That means he has SPI armor, which is intended to alter gameplay the most. Semi-powered infiltration armor has active camouflage built in through photo-reactive panels, at the cost of shields. To compensate for this, health in-game will be tweaked to about 2.5 times or more as the effect of the more advanced augmentations on the Spartan-IIIs.

Summary:
-Active camo will be enabled through flashlight
-No shields, much greater health

I'll need some help, mostly with the modeling, which I suck at.

I need:
-someone to do some models, mostly FP animations and weapons, and the biped
-someone to help me with script
-someone to help me with the HUD

If a visor shape were to be included like in H3, there wouldn't be a top part as how you can see that SPI armor looks like EVA.

*pic*

Also, if someone could do voice acting, I'd like someone to replace "Hey, a Mark V!" with something else. Albeit a minor role, it would still be good.

I don't exactly aim at where CMT is at, I'd just like to facilitate gameplay in a different aspect - stealth instead of power - it's like favoring a sword over a rocket launcher.

I'll edit this post as I see something else to add/explain.

Edits:
CMT's MA5K will work nicely.

I guess I'll raise the gamma in some parts, mostly a10 service corridors to compensate for the loss of flashlight. I guess the flashlight will be a one-way switch, but the active camo need to recharge. I'll tweak it to 30 seconds to compensate, and with 1 minute to regenerate - it's worth it.
Edited by Ethereial on Jun 25, 2009 at 09:12 AM
Edited by Ethereial on Jun 25, 2009 at 10:23 AM

I'm a bit confused here. When you say you will be increasing the health because of the advanced augmentations, do you mean the illegal brain modifications which Kurt had them injected with, so they would keep functioning no matter what their vitals were? Cause I think that is a little bit to much. Although it would give for a better reason not to have medikits.

"By October of 2552, the UNSC MJOLNIR Mark VI armor contained automatic biofoam injectors, which negated the need for Spartans to use Health Packs."

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Biofoam

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Editing weapons, actors etc... Jun 22, 2009 06:06 PM (Total replies: 29)

Quote: --- Original message by: evilkevin1
I know how to change weapons to infinite ammo, just set the 'rounds per shot' to 0 in the weapon tag under firing section. This way, when the ai shoots, it uses 0 bullets per round

Oh. lol Thanks dude much easier.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Editing weapons, actors etc... Jun 22, 2009 05:00 PM (Total replies: 29)

Actually they are shooting. If you get close enough to them you will here the clicking sound the weapon makes when it is out of ammo. To get around this, make a copy of your weapon and in the weapon tag under magazine set the 'rounds total maximum' to something like 9999. Now assign that weapon to the ai and that should do the trick. But it still isn't infinite ammo. So if they still run out what u can do is set the rounds recharged under magazine in the tags to something like 2. So they will get 2 rounds every second.

Time: Mon November 18, 2019 2:44 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website