A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Sharp1337X
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 26, 2009 05:33 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
My pistol, Pwn you, it will
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Sharp1337X has contributed to 206 posts out of 465510 total posts (.04%) in 3,995 days (.05 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » weapon not hurting elites.... Dec 26, 2009 05:33 AM (Total replies: 7)

Quote: --- Original message by: Hydrogen
ya these are the elites that are super hard on normal to with no health mods :P but theres a way to beat them i figured out run for your life past them grab the shotty hide in a corner except now they lunge more then half the time :P. but im going to post a video of me tryng to beat them. oh and I gave me two humans to see how good they were oh snap they didnt even have time to shoot i set them up just right :]

HaHa, well, anyway if it's not what I stated first, I don't know what it is ;). Anyway, as said before, lunging is glitchy.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » weapon not hurting elites.... Dec 25, 2009 01:59 PM (Total replies: 7)

but its jahrains sword im editing and idk how lunge works but this one works good for elites. so is it safe to edit the effects etc?

^^ talking bout the super awes0m3 1337 elites? xD *Yay! Killed one.* *Omg they're too smart, one sneaked up behind me.* xD

JESUS ONLY, REMEMBER!

Anyway, check your damage modifier..

Edited by Sharp1337X on Dec 25, 2009 at 02:00 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Halo CE: Halo 3 MP] People needed! Dec 19, 2009 05:00 AM (Total replies: 41)

dual weild online = fail. Second how long before you learn how to model better??

hehe.. Long :)
Well, I got the patience, but somehow I always get such boxy results..
(I plane model btw)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Fog plane not showing up, Makes me :C Dec 18, 2009 06:48 PM (Total replies: 22)

Quote: --- Original message by: sleepy1212
i did that once with an underwater tunnel and it gushed purple blood at the end

Haha, lol, anyway I haven't tried it out yet, I went to Avatar 3D, great movie ^_^

EDIT: Oh ye, thanks for all the great help :)
EDIT2: Ok, it worked, same method as I used on my mac (on real PC now) So it could be my mac, thanks anyway :)
Edited by Sharp1337X on Dec 19, 2009 at 06:03 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Halo CE: Halo 3 MP] People needed! Dec 18, 2009 06:47 PM (Total replies: 41)

Ok, people, please, don't post :)
I said I would advance in my "skills" first, before continuing on this..

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Fog plane not showing up, Makes me :C Dec 18, 2009 10:38 AM (Total replies: 22)

Quote: --- Original message by: Sharp1337X

were you able to see fog in the map file i linked?

I think I replied right at the moment you edited your post ;)

W8, I'll try :)

EDIT: It works, btw huntr skin walls? :D
Edited by Sharp1337X on Dec 17, 2009 at 11:09 AM

uhhhh...ummm...i thought you'd like it since you made your cliffs bleed. yeah.

ok since it works i'll link up the files so you can see the setup.

E: http://www.4shared.com/file/175477352/be3a1f62/fog_box_files.html

Edited by sleepy1212 on Dec 17, 2009 at 06:00 PM

Lol, thanks, but hey, I didn't change my shaders yet ;) That's why they bleed xD

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Fog plane not showing up, Makes me :C Dec 17, 2009 10:29 AM (Total replies: 22)

were you able to see fog in the map file i linked?

I think I replied right at the moment you edited your post ;)

W8, I'll try :)

EDIT: It works, btw huntr skin walls? :D
Edited by Sharp1337X on Dec 17, 2009 at 11:09 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Fog plane not showing up, Makes me :C Dec 17, 2009 06:21 AM (Total replies: 22)

3. I attached the plane to the level, then I linked the level to the frame.
4. I named the material of the plane +unused$

ok, i just checked out one of my levels that has working fog and it's not set up that way although tuts i have seen claim it won't show up if it's not...all lies :p

my fog plane is actually water but it shouldn't make a difference. the geometry and the material should both be named +unused$ although im not entirely certain the geometry couldn't be named "fog" because the material name should override. the geometry should then be linked to the frame, not attached to the level.

in mine i have level, water!$, and waterfall!$ all linked to the frame and that works.

E: my material name isn't water!$ but it does have the !$ shader symbols. only the geometry has that name. since specific geometry defines the fog region (normals) i'm thinking it's more to do with your model setup. there are different types of portal defining geometries/materials but they are specific in what they are for. i don't know if sapien will always recognize this and simply treat clusters the same even though the property being applied will not work.

11. I Added the Gephyrophobia.fog to my fog pallette, and saved the tag to my level

rename the tag to something else.

also, open the bsp in guerilla and scroll down to the fog section to see if "fog_bottom" is listed.

E2: see if this has fog, if it does then i can give you the files so you can look at the setup
http://www.4shared.com/file/174707171/84425d3e/fog_box.html

Edited by sleepy1212 on Dec 16, 2009 at 05:47 PM
Edited by sleepy1212 on Dec 16, 2009 at 07:19 PM

Hmmm, thanks for the reply!

I renamed the fog tag, everything is listed in guerilla and
I must just try the fog plane apart thing..

Also I'm going to delete the middle eddge, just to see if it makes any difference ;)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Fog plane not showing up, Makes me :C Dec 16, 2009 06:21 AM (Total replies: 22)

well, I did.. Weird thing is when a cluster is applied the plane will be painted.. So isn't your statement wrong?
Also does it matter if my fog plane has 2 triangles?

maybe i could be wrong about that...this is all from memory..i haven't used fog in a while i just know the way i did it worked.

a single plane with 2 tris is ideal..depending on the geometry of the area you're portaling for fog.

something isn't right though, it sounds like you've got it set up correctly.

are you using a custom fog tag or did you copy-paste-rename one from the campaign? is it possible that your fog is applied but the tag is not set up properly so that the fog is essentially not fog (or just too thin to have an effect)?

Wait, I'll tell you what I've done:

1. I made my map in 3ds max xD (Duh)
2. I made a plane, gave it 2 tris by adding an edge through the middle,
3. I attached the plane to the level, then I linked the level to the frame.
4. I named the material of the plane +unused$,
5. I ran my bitmaps in tool
6. I made shaders of them..
7. I ran structure in tool WITHOUT errors, not even the one you told me about: Clipping
through non-leaves..
8. I opened my .scenario tag, did the standard process (Set to multiplayer, add sky)
9. I ran lightmaps, which was a screw up thanks to the fail model of my cliffs. (I fixed)
10. I made my own lightmaps (just grey tinted xD)
11. I Added the Gephyrophobia.fog to my fog pallette, and saved the tag to my level,
12. Saved the structure_bsp to make sure that's done right,
13. I opened my Fog, under cluster properties.. I set it to the name: Fog_bottom (Which I
gave it in step 11)
14. Applied the cluster
15. I saved the structure_bsp again..
16. Re-opened Sapien..
17. After it loaded the fog wasn't there, so I re-ran lightmaps..
18. Not there :( (Wasn't my custom lightmap, just the real ones..)
19. Again, Made me :C

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Fog plane not showing up, Makes me :C Dec 15, 2009 07:32 AM (Total replies: 22)

the cluster is green because of the checkbox in the tool window.

make sure the camera is completely inside the cluster and that you save to bsp in sapien before you close the palette.

well, I did.. Weird thing is when a cluster is applied the plane will be painted.. So isn't your statement wrong?
Also does it matter if my fog plane has 2 triangles?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Fog plane not showing up, Makes me :C Dec 14, 2009 04:46 AM (Total replies: 22)

you might have a stupid video card, mine is..i can't see fog. get someone to test it ingame and see if its there.

I can see the fog in Geph... Whatever it's called (Bridge scareness) lol..

Uhmm.. I also used THAT .fog tag..

But I can't see my own, (The cluster IS green btw) so it IS applied

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Fog plane not showing up, Makes me :C Dec 12, 2009 08:36 AM (Total replies: 22)

Quote: --- Original message by: chrisk123999
Restart sapien. You won't see it when you first do it.

guess how many times I tried that? :D

Halo CE General Discussion » Crits needed.. My first try at texturing.. Dec 11, 2009 05:47 PM (Total replies: 7)

Haha :)

/thread

Halo CE General Discussion » Crits needed.. My first try at texturing.. Dec 11, 2009 12:50 PM (Total replies: 7)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dylw123
You should have UV mapped it, so it's not stretched.

I did UV map, But I was to lazy to do it properly, anyway, these comments are enough information :) Thanks guys.

/thread

Halo CE General Discussion » Crits needed.. My first try at texturing.. Dec 11, 2009 02:35 AM (Total replies: 7)

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
The UV's are stretched.

yup.. :( You're right :(

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Fog plane not showing up, Makes me :C Dec 11, 2009 02:33 AM (Total replies: 22)

Quote: --- Original message by: chrisk123999
The material name should be:
+unused$

Oh.. I thought just: *materialname*$ (without the *)

thanks, I'll try when I get back from school :)
Edited by Sharp1337X on Dec 11, 2009 at 02:33 AM

EDIT: OK NOW IM PISSED!

I can see my plane in Sapien, applied the fog, (it shows green)

I CANT SEE MY FOG! I EVEN RE-RAN LIGHTMAPS... UGH.. I GIVE UP IF NO ONE ANSWERS..
Edited by Sharp1337X on Dec 11, 2009 at 02:12 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Halo CE: Halo 3 MP] People needed! Dec 11, 2009 02:32 AM (Total replies: 41)

Ill help with modelin :D if you let me :/. I can make the h3 ar from scratch

I'm first practicing some more.. then we talk again ^_^

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Fog plane not showing up, Makes me :C Dec 10, 2009 05:37 PM (Total replies: 22)

why another topic!?

make sure it's linked to the frame as a separate object. if that doesn't work i guess you could try to attach it to the bsp but i dont think that works.

in tool, if you did it right, you'll get errors like "clipped leaves" and should be some info in the clusters because there will be 2 if you add fog. check for that in your debug text or in the bsp tag in geurilla.

also, if you get rid of your the fog tag you made and don't have one at all tool will create a default fog tag called untitled.fog in the tags folder. if it's not there it's set up wrong in max.

follow the Level Creation Part 2 and Population sections of the HEK like i told you before: http://hce.halomaps.org/hek/

it's just like setting up water only your not calling it water!$ and your not using that shader.

Because the topic was kind of.. dead..

Halo CE General Discussion » Crits needed.. My first try at texturing.. Dec 10, 2009 05:34 PM (Total replies: 7)

My "Riverbed" textured.. I don't really know if it's good or not, that's why I ask you guys..

(It's my first)

Halo CE General Discussion » [Halo CE: Halo 3 MP] People needed! Dec 10, 2009 04:53 PM (Total replies: 41)

Ok people, let's keep this on-topic.. damn I'm gone for a sec and the topic is flooded with arguign about rips -.-

We'll make our content from SCRATCH, no ripping..

/discussion

EDIT: /thread, I'll get better in modeling first ;)
Edited by Sharp1337X on Dec 10, 2009 at 04:55 PM

Time: Fri May 29, 2020 8:35 AM 235 ms.
A Halo Maps Website