A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: abear777
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 9, 2011 12:53 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
abear777 has contributed to 48 posts out of 469450 total posts (.01%) in 3,795 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Quote: --- Original message by: HIRALIS
you have to have guerilla in your halo ce directory. The tags themselves have to be in the tags\ directory before you can use it.

thanks, now it works, guerrilla was in a separate subfolder in the halo ce directory. it has to be in same directory as tags directory

I cant open any files in tags, I think the "working directory" is supposed it be set as anything in the tags folder but is not. How do I set the working directory? (the error message says please set working directory)

Whenever I try to open a file in guerrilla i get an error message that says "Couldn't read map file './guerillabeta.map'
you need to set your working directory."

How do I fix this?

Halo CE General Discussion » PEOPLE CAN NOT JOIN MY SERVERS Dec 19, 2010 10:11 PM (Total replies: 3)

How do I open these ports?

Halo CE General Discussion » PEOPLE CAN NOT JOIN MY SERVERS Dec 19, 2010 12:08 PM (Total replies: 3)

In both halo pc and halo ce if I make a server no one can join it. I made a dedicated server for halo pc but I can not find it and no one is joining it

I am using windows vista, Norton 360 firewall, NOT a wireless connection

In Norton firewall I set everything that has to do with halo to allow

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » I cant get my original map back Mar 13, 2010 11:04 PM (Total replies: 7)

yeah i know that
and i ment i got exceptions when i made a game not join a game
i fixed it by reinstalling halo to a different named folder
i was just wondering why i couldent replace it with the original map file

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » I cant get my original map back Mar 9, 2010 06:26 PM (Total replies: 7)

HMT and Sparkedit are faster and more simple and I only wanted to make mods that I didnt need to use guerilla or sapien for
it was bloodgulch on halo(not CE) and guerilla ans sapien run slow on my comp so theres no point in using them if i dont have to
I just added some gun turrets and made sniper rifles shoot tank rounds and not need ammo

but then i started getting exceptions when i tried to join a game

I fixed it by reinstalling halo to a new folder
Edited by abear777 on Mar 9, 2010 at 06:26 PM
Edited by abear777 on Mar 9, 2010 at 06:28 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » I cant get my original map back Feb 21, 2010 03:31 PM (Total replies: 7)

thx

il do that if its the only way

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » I cant get my original map back Feb 21, 2010 01:31 PM (Total replies: 7)

I modded bloodgulch with sparkedit and hmt, now i want to use the original map but when i replaced the modded version with a backup i made before i started modding it didnt change anything in the game. how can i fix this??

it doesnt work

(i select the edge and press backspace but nothing happens)
Edited by abear777 on Nov 3, 2009 at 08:16 AM

thx but i tried it with backspace and it didnt work
then i tried delete and that worked but it also deleted sections of the map. is there another way to merge the polys?

Edited by abear777 on Nov 2, 2009 at 10:06 PM

is it possible to merge the polygons into less polygons with gmax so it can take less space?

tyvm advacebo that worked- i just have to download the files to my desktop instead of my halo custom edition folder
Edited by abear777 on Oct 29, 2009 at 09:29 PM

I got a new computer and with the last computer downloading maps worked perfectly
but now when i go to put the maps in the maps folder the zip file i downloaded isnt there

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Map files wont download Oct 12, 2009 08:55 PM (Total replies: 0)

My old computer broke so I got a new one and now I have to get all of the maps again but when i i download them everything works right and normal but then i look in the folder i downloaded it to and its not there. Anyone know why this is/how i can fix it?

P.S.
im using vista now incase thats a problem

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » gbx model importer wont work Jul 30, 2009 11:42 AM (Total replies: 8)

ok so i should just wait until i need a new computer to make a map

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » gbx model importer wont work Jul 29, 2009 06:21 PM (Total replies: 8)

ok thx i didnt know that

ps. gmax started giving me stop errors

how much space of ram do i need to run gmax?, i have 0.99 gb

how do i get more
Edited by abear777 on Jul 29, 2009 at 06:23 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » gbx model importer wont work Jul 29, 2009 02:36 PM (Total replies: 8)

then that one isnt the ghosts's

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Gmax gives me stop errors Jul 28, 2009 12:13 PM (Total replies: 2)

0.99 GB

How much do I need?
Edited by abear777 on Jul 29, 2009 at 09:21 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Gmax gives me stop errors Jul 27, 2009 01:39 PM (Total replies: 2)

ok a few weeks ago i got gmax and i started getting blue screen stop errors so i just recently found out that it was gmax because i didnt use it for a week and i stopped getting them, then i used it and i got one so i deleted gmax-no more stop errors

But i want to make a map but i cant use gmax or my comp will break
should i just wait until i get a new comp to make halo ce maps?
Edited by abear777 on Jul 27, 2009 at 01:39 PM

Time: Mon November 11, 2019 6:48 PM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website