A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: sparky
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 12, 2018 07:02 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Fools deceive, but knowledge of Jesus is life.

Post Statistics
sparky has contributed to 1959 posts out of 466893 total posts (.42%) in 3,283 days (.60 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Collision model help? Jun 12, 2018 07:02 PM (Total replies: 5)

Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt
(courtesy of sparky)

I did not make that image, but I thank you for whatever other credit you recognized.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Please! I'm Losing my Mind!!! Jun 12, 2018 06:57 PM (Total replies: 9)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJF6E9YXXVE&index=29&list=PLOLhzsHlG3Qr8R5AgI67kKB9HisblIkZS&t=0s

Quote: --- Original message by: Halo Noob Modder117

Guys seriously, are all my Halo models broken?!
[...]
...My new question is though, why the hell are the default models that broken? How on Earth were these even put into the game in the first place?!
Edited by Halo Noob Modder117 on Jun 9, 2018 at 09:24 PM

I think the answer to all these questions is that the models are probably imported incorrectly by the model importation script you are using. GBX Model Importer is not necessarily perfect.

Download directory

Halo CE General Discussion » A New Thing. Jun 9, 2018 03:37 PM (Total replies: 5)

Nice, and right around the time when I was playing through Marathon again!
I already did the sounds a long time ago. You can use the tags if you want. Contact me on discord if you are interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpMXwa3HQbc&list=PLOLhzsHlG3QplX3tFRcSvyHP2ypXwo2BZ&index=24&t=0s

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo PC Confirmed? May 11, 2018 12:43 PM (Total replies: 29)

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Holy doodle what are you smoking?

I am justifying your actions because you are too lazy to think for yourself. If that makes you feel justified to be a prick to me, well then you've got other problems, "friend".

Now I've said my piece. And there was a dictionary word I saw yesterday which described perfectly this kind of mistreatment I get here, and so I'm done.

You do not know how much has been invested in you. Had you known, you still would be ungrateful, because, well, let's face it: you're a narcissist.
Edited by sparky on May 11, 2018 at 12:46 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo PC Confirmed? May 11, 2018 11:41 AM (Total replies: 29)

Step 1) Sees image.
Step 2) Right-clicks image and selects "Search Image on TinEye".
Step 3) Sees that image is a meme.
Step 4) Notes irony that a post criticizing IP infringement through software modification and distribution uses an meme image they have modified and/or redistributed.

Hypocrisy confirmed. Sorry, mate. I know you felt like you had the right to modify and/or redistribute meme images, but technically, memes are also IP infringement of a much greater severity and scale than El Dewrito ever could be. Anyone who has ever modified an image without the copyright holder's explicit written permission has committed copyright infringement! Anyone who has ever "used" an image, such as by copying it, or hot-linking to it, without explicit copyright permission, has also committed copyright infringement! The fact that the image was "made available for free" is irrelevant -- after all, Halo Online was made available for free during beta testing, wasn't it? And so you see that if one person is to blame, you are also probably to blame by the same rationale, and then the entire Internet comes crumbling down under the force of copyright law. Surely there must be a more productive way... hmm...

Some of you are probably thinking, "but wait, it's in the name of parody, which is 'covered' under copyright law". All those exceptions to copyright law are simply evidence that copyright law does not actually work in practice. If any law is to be considered valid by nature, it must be practical in full reason without any exceptions to it. Otherwise, it is evidently biased and clearly unjust. The "more productive way" is to have a double standard for God's command "love your neighbor as yourself". It is expected of the ruled to abide by copyright law, but all these excuses to break the law -- 'covered' situations such as parody -- are only the rulers handing us plebs crumbs of the same thing.

I guess not much has changed since monarchies. The rulers expect the people to hand over loaves while the rulers themselves hand back mere crumbs of those loaves they have themselves taken to consume for themselves (you heard me, all you lawyers and politicians -- who pays your salary?).

But if people would stop accusing each other and take a moment to think about what is actually happening, not give knee-jerk reactions based upon selfish or defensive fear, then maybe we could all get along better and start actually making progress as a society. You see how popular open source software web sites are like GitHub. They are popular because people can see what others have done and learn from it, and also collaborate upon it. But now we have greedy people in corporations basically using copyright law to get ransom money from the users of their software. To what end? Greed is destructive, it makes no progress. Why do you think Microsoft Games and 343i keep putting out low quality updates to the Halo franchise? It's not because they are incapable, it is because the time table they have set for themselves on account of ... well, greed and fear ... has "forced them" to announce their projects ahead of time and release them ahead of schedule.

There is no reason to release software to a user base you have not taken the time to survey and consider, and there is no reason to rush a project to completion. Well, not unless you enjoy the adrenaline rush of irresponsible behavior through setting unreasonable, self-imposed timetables for yourself and your colleagues. Oh, and then there is the "we have to start making money today" argument, which again, is a manifestation of greed and fear... does not seem practical to set unrealistic expectations, does it? That simply reflects poor planning, which is a kind of irresponsible behavior.

And what about the wisdom of, "I tell you, use worldly wealth to gain friends for yourselves, so that when it is gone, you will be welcomed into eternal dwellings." ? The copyright lawyers and judges may ignore wisdom and logic, but that does not mean I have to be a fool too. Fools prosecute and persecute because they want-want-want, but they are irresponsible and undeserving. In short, they themselves are hypocrites.

The Internet is copyright infringement on an incredibly massive scale. But this is why laws change, once people see that they are impractical and unsuitable for a particular use, which is why you have these exceptions like "educational use" and "parody". But the laws only change if you have people throwing money at (lobbying) lazy politicians. See, the politicians are not hired to think, they are hired to be bribed, even as the law says that it is illegal for them to accept bribes. But then again, something has to give because the law does not match the practice.

We already have the rights, they are simply not being recognized by conspiring lawyer-politicians and extortionist software developers.

To foster transparency is to foster education. To foster education is to foster collaboration. To foster collaboration is to foster progress. But intellectual property law -- all those software licenses to which we have clicked "I agree" -- are provided to place between you and the software you are using a legal wall instead of a legal window, to foster clandestine opacity instead of transparency.

And so only the people with the money to buy license contracts have the right to develop software? That's backwards practice. Because these developers expect to have access to other's freely-provided work -- libpng for example -- or to magically have the investment money like they do (because others have invested in them -- oh the hypocrisy is so deep!) and therefore be able to buy license contracts to use other commercial software in their own software. Where would the Internet be right now without a free, community edition of Microsoft Visual Studio, MySQL, Xcode, student licenses of 3D Studio Max or free versions like Gmax, and free alternatives to Photoshop like GIMP? Major corporations with the money and the copyright law lobbying clout (they call it clout, but it's really mere arrogance) can go ahead and buy and use paid versions of all these commercial products, and spend thousands of dollars each year doing so. But they have no right to expect everyone to have such resources and impose fines upon those of us who can only use free software and develop free software to which they in turn expect to have free access. If you have any idea what I'm saying here, you can clearly see that the whole copyright law system is a massive conspiratorial sham.

But I have multiple copyrights of my own works, and I have had my own businesses (self-employed, I incorporated in Nevada and then in Wyoming as a C-corporation and then as an LLC), and I have seen first-hand the waters and sailed on them, and what do I do for myself? I provide permissive terms of use, basically saying, "make copies, but prefer the copies I provide and check with me for integrity of my work". Anything else is just setting up hoops for people to jump through. And nobody wants to deal with those, you've already lost a customer, use "the free alternative" instead!
Edited by sparky on May 11, 2018 at 12:41 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo PC Confirmed? May 10, 2018 01:37 PM (Total replies: 29)

Wow, calling me a doofus. Real professional, real indicative of knowledge in a legal field. I have done research, I have experience, and I have knowledge you refuse to hear. Who's the doofus?

If you want to respond to anything I say, you'll have to show critical thinking beyond misquoting my post by showing that I said "snip".
Edited by sparky on May 10, 2018 at 01:39 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo PC Confirmed? May 10, 2018 12:45 PM (Total replies: 29)

It would be completely legal if Microsoft did not make it illegal. The same goes with anything else anyone does. Everything is legal until someone says, "This is illegal." Thus, the burden of reason is placed upon the person who claims something as being illegal. Once the reason for that illegal status is gone, it should not continue to be illegal.

For example, you drive on the right side of the road in this country. But if there is a tree blocking your lane and you can go around, or when there is construction in an area of road that requires you to drive in the left lane, that reason overrules the existing illegality of driving only in the right side lane.

In the same way, if Microsoft's legal department actually agreed that their game fans should not be called law-breakers by doing what has been done here with El Dewrito and other community works, then there would basically be no tree in the road saying to us, "the only way to get around this is to break the law".

But in this situation, the reason for making El Dewrito illegal no longer exists. If Microsoft was making any revenue in its Russian market, that did not apply to non-Russians like us. And this Halo Online game was discontinued anyway, which means Microsoft no longer wants to make money off of it. When you consider all the facts, and look at all their reasons for being legal situations, then in a single conclusion, El Dewrito and all our other community projects should be considered legal. And I assert that any arguments to the contrary are from uneven opinions rather than based upon evidence.

Consider this: when you speak, aren't you merely breathing out air that does not belong to you? Yet people have the arrogance to claim copyright for their words and actions without permissive leeway. So copyright provides no reason to make something illegal. Unless, of course, you want to be sued by God and pay a fine for every breath you take... because you took what does not belong to you, which in legal terms is called petty theft, and is punishable by fine, imprisonment, or both. So you see this arrogance does not respect double-standards, and gets us nowhere, quickly. [You can remember to be grateful the next time you have difficulty breathing. Have you shown God any gratitude for the air you breathe? Have you used some of it to say "thank you, Heavenly Father"?]

Therefore, any corporation who wants their interests to be taken seriously must provide with their works a license that respects use, not hinders the user. It should be obvious to any professional software developer that the user of their software has the privilege -- and possibly, the duty -- to open the software product in a software analysis application. And anyone who comprehends the basics of what an executable is should also understand that it is irrational to make believe in the law jargon that the release of a software product is anything substantially less than releasing the source code to that executable. If you don't want to release the source code, don't release the app! And if you release the app, show the source code also, which at least allows you to provide personalized comments and additional information with the files.

Edited by sparky on May 10, 2018 at 01:35 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Discord Server Needed May 10, 2018 12:14 PM (Total replies: 52)

If you don't want to be judged, then do not judge other people. And if your desire to not be judged by other people leads you to conclude that you should not judge other people, then the experience was worthwhile, because you have found yourself agreeing with Jesus Christ who is the Truth, who commanded, "Do not judge, or else you will be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. With the measure you use, it will be measured to you." (Matthew 7). And if you find yourself agreeing with him, then you should also learn what else you agree with regarding what he said. And in doing this, you may then find yourself learning a lot more about yourself and about others than you knew before. And all this education, if granted, would then lead you to being a good, disciplined person.

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
Sparky: Posts long verbose messages with a tone of superiority.

It may seem this way, especially to those people who believe no one is superior to them.

And you cannot rationally criticize me for ignoring you or being unclear when I spend so much time answering your questions and providing reasoned statements. Unlike others who simply ignore people and expect good things to result.

As for the rest of your description of my actions, all is mere speculation and I chuckle at it because it is the typical slanted assertion not reflecting consideration of what I actually say and do. Cheers, you've completely missed the ball. Take another swing?
Edited by sparky on May 10, 2018 at 12:26 PM
Edited by sparky on May 10, 2018 at 12:29 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » silence May 10, 2018 12:08 PM (Total replies: 4)

I've continuously been working to build up the community and bring players to the joy of modding. But of course part of that means making modding actually a pleasant experience. Also part of that means providing a place to upload your work, and giving the members some guidance to help them cooperate with each other, to keep the community welcoming and to keep the experience somewhat pleasant, or at least devoid of strife.

You can see work remains to be done in all of these areas. Baby steps before great strides.

Halo CE General Discussion » silence May 10, 2018 10:23 AM (Total replies: 4)

Hey, DeadHamster. I want to answer your questions now because it's impolite to keep you waiting for answers... but this regards prospective goals, not what I already did here as of today. In fact, I'm taking a few days for chores I did not complete because of time spent on this project instead.

"Any compatibility for PC users?"
I plan to go back and take another swing at a C# application once this Objective-C application is useful.

"This program edits the tags in Guerilla format? What alternative is there for mac users to Tool for compiling these assets?"
I thought about storing tags in maps rather than as thousands of files in a directory tree. I consider the HEK tag format to be the genuine format for tags; I design silence to show all bytes in a file. It does not currently validate data, although it should already be easy to see in the user interface when something "doesn't look right", such as when an opened tag file is of incorrect length or has some weird metadata entry value. If you open a tag, then save it again without changing anything, the tag data is actually parsed and reconstructed, not simply duplicated in whole, which is why the binary equivalency indicates correct writing to disk functionality when starting with the parsed amount of bytes. When you start a new tag in silence, the correct header is provided, and the CRC32 is calculated. The goal is to let you modify and save to disk whatever bytes you want, as you specify them. When you open a tag, nothing is changed outright -- the future feature of "fixing" broken tags to make them able to be opened by Guerilla would not require you to see the tag data in a window, but would be a deliberate menu action to process all tags in a specified directory. (I can use my C structs for that, which makes it much faster!)

Correcting tag data would include generating the correct tag header (which is something other community-designed programs might neglect to do, and even some of the default HEK tags have incorrect header data), limiting the chunk array entry counts to their maximums supported by Guerilla, fixing dependency tag pathname string lengths, and whatever else you would need in order to be able to actually open the tag in Guerilla. Early considerations of a simple heuristics system for metadata value integrity I maintain while developing features; for example, floats (singles) are 24-bit, so the maximum and minimum number ranges for floats are +- 1 << 24 , which means that anything outside that range is obviously not intended to be a float value, giving a demarkation of probable data corruption or additional consideration for data parsing. (Like if you have an array count of 5 but there are only 2 entries.) I also consider the byte-alignment padding bytes, so that any confirmed padding bytes parsed that are non-zero bytes would also possibly trigger a metadata integrity heuristics function. Of course, it wouldn't check for data integrity using a pattern of heuristics if a tag format has a fixed number of bytes and the same number of bytes is present in the file. Instead, you could simply see that the entries were weird. But something like having C strings in a tag that do not include null terminating bytes would definitely trigger a heuristics correction, to an extent, including the fact that only up to the maximum supported string length (255 bytes) would be a "possible string" while in the heuristics I would probably break at the first non-ASCII character, even though it's working with UTF-8, and I would also negotiate that to try to fit the bytes into the expected tag file length and also coordinated with heuristics issues parsing adjacent bytes.

But if you just use silence, you will never have tag data corruption problems caused by using community-designed applications. (The HEK+ is valuable today, but antiquating applications are being designed. Silence will antiquate the HEK and HEK+, and probably every other Halo modding application I've seen. That is the goal: to do it correctly, and better than has been done.)

The program is designed modularly, so the speed of its development increases. In fact, I might spend only another day or two to design chunk display, then another day for finishing the interface strings plist file, then another day for finishing the object definitions -- or sooner, if I use grep. So I'd say less than a week of development time until all the tag files are supported. But as I said, I have other chores to accomplish before I get back to this software design.

The HEK works on Mac, and you can see that I use Guerilla with WINE. Tool can be used with Wine Staging. Simply cd to the directory where Tool is located, then issue "wine tool.exe <commands>". Sapien needs some extra consideration to work properly with WINE; I haven't gone and done that. Silence will not use Tool unless I have to throw in the towel. Instead, it will contain all the functionality of the HEK and more, as you can already see in the first beta test release.

I'd also like to mention that some other people are working on a different project to produce .scenario tags straight from 3DS Max. I think that's a cool project. In any case, silence will let you also view and modify .scenario tags similarly to Sapien. I haven't gotten into the OpenGL rendering yet, but I dabbled during Zeus. Others in the community have much more experience with Halo and 3D rendering, but I know this has been an independent learning experience.

That should also answer all your related questions.

More information:
Discord
Mac Gaming Mods forum topic

Batch tag file correction, a map file containing every commercial Halo tag (similar to my old Incyclopedia map files that I generated using Eschaton for the MGM community), and consequently, a single file and directory download as a resource for all commercial Halo tags, are expectable features. This is my immediate goal for this project: to provide definitive, working tags so that you can literally just "file -> save as" a map functionally equivalent to each Halo PC campaign map, so you don't have to futz with borked tags or maps, or use Pearl or Harbinger or some other application to convert a map between Halo Custom Edition and Halo PC / HaloMD and Halo Trial / Halo Demo formats.

"But we can do everything already just fine!"
Tell that to the person who sees red open edge errors. Tell that to the person waiting days for their light maps to finish baking. Tell that to the person newly-interested in modding but who doesn't want to, or can't figure out how to, use the HEK. And none of what we have now is as simple as "file -> save as" to make a Halo map. No more Tool errors, anyone? ;-)

I know some of you will be wondering why I'm doing this now rather than doing it as my old Zeus project as I originally released back in 2013, and wondering why I waited so long. Well, it's been all these years and nobody else came out with a definitive application like I said I would be doing with Zeus, so here it is!

this is all part of my larger project to remake the game engine, which is especially relevant to Mac users because Apple does not want to support 32-bit processes anymore. and did you know that holding down the scroll bar in a Halo dedicated server console window lags the server? what's up with that? so silly how it only uses one thread for everything. but shhh... don't spoil the surprise... I haven't told anyone else yet.

Edited by sparky on May 10, 2018 at 11:33 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Discord Server Needed May 10, 2018 09:42 AM (Total replies: 52)

The community cannot grow until such problems are resolved properly. Playing a computer game does not solve social problems, so the suggestion to "just play a 1v1 in Halo" will not work.

I see that Megasean wants to compare himself to me, to gain some sort of socially-engineered praise from his associates, so fine, let's compare the two of us:

sparky: Writes about interests other than those commonly discussed. Indicates no interest in himself. Works every day to help others, without receiving recognition. This is why he shares information with people.

Megasean: Picks fights and makes fun of sparky. Mistreats others. Writing depicts a narcissistic interest. No indication of sharing interests other than those commonly discussed. Reactions are consistently demeaning to his associates. Retaliates at the mention of interests other than those commonly discussed, indicating no desire for contextual knowledge; symptom of an internal conflict inside an unrefined person.

This is the comparison Megasean has shown he wants. The results of what he wants don't seem to be in his favor, and he probably does not desire the results of what he wanted to accomplish here.

Oh well. Conclusion? The conclusion you reach reflects the nature of your person, whether good or evil.

Quote: --- Original message by: Tyrannicus822
...I think it would be smart if a Discord server gets made for this community because it would bring everyone closer...

As long as people here keep mistreating each other, this community will continue to divide instead of unify. That is what has ruined this place; expressing other interests has not ruined this place.

Why would you want to voice chat with a person who lacks integrity?
Edited by sparky on May 10, 2018 at 09:55 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » silence May 9, 2018 11:01 PM (Total replies: 4)

Silence is my Halo modding application.

Most recent update:
May 9, 2018

Most recent download link:
Beta tester build 1 for OS X 10.11+. The .zip archive password is "beta tester".

Most recent status:
Completed .actor tag file support.

Most recent video preview:
https://613tube.com/watch/?v=-LmBGedyQbg

---

Halo CE General Discussion » Compare May 7, 2018 12:37 AM (Total replies: 1)

Halo CE General Discussion » Discord Server Needed Apr 25, 2018 10:09 AM (Total replies: 52)

Okay, come on, keep hurting me, uh huh...

@MegaSean. I thought you'd like to know exactly what happened with your message:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFZw7pF2EDg

Halo CE General Discussion » Discord Server Needed Apr 25, 2018 09:17 AM (Total replies: 52)

This is what the Sovereign Lord God Almighty says to all you who have rejected him:

"I will help you if you want me. Bring to me these words as a voucher along with your heart."

Do not blame others for your own unhappiness. It is not their responsibility to make you happy. God has given you everything you need. "My grace is sufficient for you, because my power is made pure in weakness."

Why are you so Hell-bent on your own destruction? It is because you do not know that God is Merciful and Good. If you had known God's words and known God's actions, you would know God, and you would love God.

"I desire Mercy, not Sacrifice; I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance." So take a shower, and you'll feel better.

"'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their teachings are merely rules taught by men.' You have let go of the Commands of God and are holding onto the traditions of men." God said, "Love your neighbor as if they were you," but you have been bad to each other, mean with your words, and unwelcoming of visitors. You turn away people who have done you no wrong; and they see the conflict you perpetuate and they stand clear of it, going elsewhere instead. Then you blame others and play victim even as you accuse the victims of your cruel words of irrationally feeling victimized. This place has become "a brood of vipers". And it has been this way for many years, because you refuse to be nice people and respectful of each other. This is the problem I saw, and that is why I have spoken of God -- because you obviously "don't know [your] left hand from your right hand". You ruin when you should be helping to build. And you laugh at your own destructive natures; but is it others who you are destroying? Isn't it yourself that is being destroyed? It is your reputations that are ruined beyond remedy, not mine. If only you had listened to God, who desires good for you, instead of pursuing your own self-destructive ways and verbally abusing innocent people...

...but now you have ruined this place by your actions, and those like you have ruined places like it, and three times I have had to try to start over. I couldn't stand your treachery and I had to leave behind two of those places. Now, the 10th location, I will hold my ground, and you will fall back!

-----

https://thenarcissisticlife.com/the-narcissist-blames-you/

Narcissists are notorious for placing blame on other people and not on themselves. Even when they clearly and definitely did something wrong, they cannot- and will not- accept responsibility. They almost always deflect the blame elsewhere. Narcissists either ignore their contribution to the situation or insist that the other person (spouse, child, co-worker or etc.) made them do it. Narcissists know right from wrong, they just cannot allow something bad to be their fault. It is another manifestation of their supreme self-centeredness as well as a protection for their fragile ego. It is also a primitive method of avoiding external repercussions.

The narcissist will blame you for everything that isn’t right in their life, and blame you for what other people do, and blame you for whatever has happened. They will always blame you-even for their abuse toward you. You “made” him do it. If only you weren’t so difficult…you made her so upset she couldn’t think straight…your talking pushed him over the edge…and so on. The child of a narcissist gets cautioned against “making” his parent abuse him. The narcissistic parent will say,”Don’t make me hit you” or “You have only yourself to blame” as they hit the child with a strap or belt.

The narcissist is excessively critical and demanding of his spouse. If you are the spouse, then you know how he requires total perfection from you. However, even when you meet his demands perfectly, you still don’t measure up. The narcissist frequently explodes at his mate (“narcissistic rage”) for what appears to be no reason at all. The narcissist’s rage erupts frequently and violently like a volcano, and those closest to him are the ones that catch his wrath. The narcissist blames the spouse or a ‘scapegoat child’ for absolutely everything that goes wrong (especially if it is his fault).

Narcissists blame…it is what they do…and the reason every narcissistic mother has a scapegoat child is because you must have someone to put the blame onto. ~“Violet”, Narcissist’s Child, 2012

Why do they have such a strong need to blame others?
Narcissists have a tendency to internalize failure; the narcissist’s emotional response to failure is to feel shame rather than to feel guilt like other people. In order to avoid shame, which the narcissist avoids at any cost, he externalizes blame for all negative events. As he thinks that someone must be guilty, he almost always attributes the blame to others. On rare occasions, such as when his self-esteem is especially high (perhaps through some positive feedback he has engineered), he will accept blame but only then if it can be seen as a magnanimous gesture.

A narcissist may do something egregiously abusive to you, yet when confronted will scream at you that she can’t believe you were so selfish as to upset her over such a trivial thing. She’ll also blame you for your reaction to her selfish and exploitative behavior e.g., she can’t believe you are so petty and so childish as to balk at her giving your favorite dress away to her friend. She thought you would be happy to let her do something nice for someone else.

Narcissists go into rages in which they blame and criticize others. They seem like small children throwing huge tantrums, frightening those around them. The anger of narcissists is not only frightening, it is demeaning. Their criticism evolves from their steadfast conviction that others don’t meet their high standards–or worse, that others aren’t letting them get their own way. “Narcissistic injuries,” or wounds to the ego, are often the impetus for narcissistic rages- which can be manifested as aggressive or passive-aggressive, planned out or impulsive. They feel they are superior to you and that you have displeased them; therefore, they feel you deserve whatever punishment they will dole out.

When you live like this every day-where everything bad is your fault- you learn to live in a state of heightened anxiety (“free floating anxiety) where you are always waiting and expecting the other shoe to drop. You never know when you are going to be blamed for something you had no part in. If you are married to a narcissist and finally decide to leave the toxic situation, the narcissist will blame you for the failed marriage and bad parenting (they have no qualms about blatant lying) in order to “win” in court. Despite the battle that will ensue, the healthiest thing you can do is to avoid or significantly limit the exposure you have to the narcissist.

References:
http://narcissistschild.blogspot.com/2012/08she-blames-characteristics-of.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c86fRZno0JQ

http://www.winning-teams.com/recognizenarcissist.html

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/stop-walking-eggshells/201111/blame-storms-and-rage-attacks-common-borderlines-narcissists
Edited by sparky on Apr 25, 2018 at 09:53 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Discord Server Needed Apr 24, 2018 10:41 AM (Total replies: 52)

This is what the Sovereign Lord God Almighty says to all you who have rejected him:

"I will help you if you want me. Bring to me these words as a voucher along with your heart."

Halo CE General Discussion » Discord Server Needed Apr 15, 2018 11:44 AM (Total replies: 52)

Hurt me again.

Halo CE General Discussion » Discord Server Needed Apr 10, 2018 11:51 AM (Total replies: 52)

If we can agree that it is bad to be mean to someone, then you should also be able to understand how it is also bad for someone to be accusing me of being a bad person because of the fact that I believe in God and Jesus Christ. Belief does not make one bad; a bad belief reflects that one does not value what is good. But by believing that it is bad to be mean also aligns your value system with what God and Jesus Christ teaches. So I see that what you truly believe about the difference between right and wrong is congruous with what is. And God and Jesus Christ defines what is. "Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

So do not pick fights with me, because the Living Truth is always with me, and He is Almighty and Most Revered; we are little to him and must fear and honor him because of who he is -- "there is only one who is good; if you want to enter life, obey the Commandments."

Trusting in God and Jesus Christ is the fast track of Justice: "...for my guidance is easy and my burden is light."
Edited by sparky on Apr 10, 2018 at 12:08 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] contingency Apr 8, 2018 11:03 PM (Total replies: 3)

Thanks for the idea.

The Halo Maps Forum web site archive is ready to use. It's not perfect, but it does contain all the forums and topics and user profile pages, and does not have page loading errors or use JavaScript, and it uses HTTPS... and the HTML is legible! It is read-only, however, and will need to be updated on a regular basis.

But I have some scripted approaches, so all I have to do is run the apps and scripts and upload to the server. It only takes a few hours, really, from start to done.

I included only images. Many image links were broken, and the forum had a few instances of incorrect URL BBCode parsing.

To search the web site archive, you'll have to rely upon prefixing your search engine queries with "site:" for now.

This is useful for quickly browsing static pages.

In the future, I might just parse all the information and add it to a database... but even with all the very redundant HTML markup, the forum.halomaps.org directory is only about 700 MB. So only the content would probably be maybe half of that.

With the external images, over 80,000 files are involved.
Edited by sparky on Apr 8, 2018 at 11:05 PM

AND IT LOADS MUCH FASTER
Quote: Time: Sun April 8, 2018 11:11 PM 15,078 ms.

15 seconds to load a page is too much.
Edited by sparky on Apr 8, 2018 at 11:13 PM

Time: Fri June 22, 2018 7:25 AM 281 ms.
A Halo Maps Website