A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: KouRyuu
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 23, 2012 01:20 PM
Interests: U.S. Marine Corps
Your Age: 19
What Games do you play: Halo Custom Edition, Armored Core For Answer, Resident Evil 5, Gears of War 2,
U.S. Marines. 'nuff said.
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
KouRyuu has contributed to 55 posts out of 469451 total posts (.01%) in 3,781 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Requiem - Extinction on Steroids Nov 23, 2012 01:20 PM (Total replies: 1627)

I do have a halo 3 pelican that works. based off the n-pelican tag, but halo 3 model. Idk if you'd want to use it, but just throwing it out there.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » light volumes vs. lights Aug 3, 2011 10:52 PM (Total replies: 15)

yeah, the seat faces are just inverted, so i've gotta fix them. oorah.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » light volumes vs. lights Aug 3, 2011 10:04 PM (Total replies: 15)

"im in the freakin zone" haha. Nice sig. Yeah, i screamed at the screen for 30 seconds. But i prevaailed.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Aug 2, 2011 07:16 PM (Total replies: 8490)

Quote: --- Original message by: Delicon20
you realise now dennis has to remove your post because you used profanity right?

yes, if he considers it to be profanity, then yes i do. BUT please re-read some posts above this, as while the user has a good point, well, he talks like a Marine. Get Some.

just a "c.y.a." thing, i'm not angry nor am i posting this to flame you, i'm just posting my opinion, and even that can get me in trouble here :X.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » light volumes vs. lights Aug 2, 2011 02:44 PM (Total replies: 15)

im trying that out right now, but the last time i did it didn't work :/, but we'll see. i think it'll produce the same results, but i can still try.

DIABOY, you're a fckin genious. i'm going to spend the next few days trying to mak an effect that works (and actually turns off). i used the wraith's plasma ball effect, so you can image what that looked like haha
Edited by KouRyuu on Aug 2, 2011 at 02:51 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Aug 2, 2011 01:22 PM (Total replies: 8490)

ignoring all of the d!ck-measuring talk and pointless comments... bourrin, your shaders are really good on those models (you've probably heard that before). KEEP IT UP!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » light volumes vs. lights Aug 2, 2011 11:43 AM (Total replies: 15)

last post was cheesy... so to your satisfaction, it works flawlessly.

it does that on default with the "suspension front" animation, so you have nothing to worry about. the hatch does pose a problem with the collision model though; i've made it just so that the actual hatch isn't collidable.
Edited by KouRyuu on Aug 2, 2011 at 11:54 AM

some beta pics: http://imageshack.us/g/51/enginefx.png/
Edited by KouRyuu on Aug 2, 2011 at 12:01 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Biped exporting help Aug 1, 2011 05:10 PM (Total replies: 16)

i had that issue a few hours ago. What i did to remedy it was that i sat down, and redid ALL of the skin modifiers (i'm not telling you to suck it up and stop asking for help). Did you select the ENTIRE biped/model and then apply a skin modifier? I know that i didn't and it gave me this error, until i redid it,selecting the entire thing, then applying the modifier..

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » light volumes vs. lights Aug 1, 2011 03:30 PM (Total replies: 15)

alright, thanks for the clarification. I was screwin around with it and found it out as well, so at least we're at that understanding haha. I still can't seem to be able to replicate an effect like this by the amount of times i need it, so i think i may just have to stick with the old pelican's thruster effects (which are just transparent tex-panners on top of a cone in the model XD) unless someone can put me in the right direction. otherwise, im almost done with it

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » light volumes vs. lights Jul 31, 2011 04:35 PM (Total replies: 15)

nah i think you're right, light volumes only work when they are widgets . I think that the engine allows you to only have 4 widgets on one vehicle too... damn. now i have to come up with something!!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » light volumes vs. lights Jul 31, 2011 11:02 AM (Total replies: 15)

yeah i was able to, but i had to do everything from scratch again; some people here are rude whenever you ask for help over a pm . the ONLY thing that i'm having problems with is the top hatch door that doesn't move right when you land, but i'm going to leave it like that when i release it because i worked on it for too long and got pissed at it haha. Well, and this little effect here.

look into my outputs:with the old npelican, you know how you have the little light by every thrust nozzle? those markers (or the outputs) are all labelled the same, and i've tried almost everything to put in these fields, put for some reason only LIGHTS work, unless i'm doing something wrong...

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » ### ERROR couldn't update edge? Jul 30, 2011 06:23 PM (Total replies: 2)

hey juiceb0xhero, i think that it does have something to do with the glass. are you trying to make collision geometry, and ultimately breakable glass? i don't really know how to do that well, but i know it's telling you that the edges could be free-floating rather than welded down (more vertices than edges, but i think you get it)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Biped exporting help Jul 30, 2011 06:18 PM (Total replies: 16)

hey thellt, i think the only way to fix this is to re-weight it. i know there's a method to delete "zero-weight" vertices or something of that nature because i keep passing over it in max, but i haven't had a need to do so, nor am i sure on what it's function is. if it keeps giving you the error, then there's gotta be SOME unweighted vertex/cies somewhere. try re weighting the same areas by clicking edit envelopes, check the "vertices" box, and then check "select element" as well, then highlight each bone on the list to view it's weight region. try reselecting the region and look at the number that usually displays the vertex weights. if it displays a blank box, then you have weights of different values. hope that helps.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » light volumes vs. lights Jul 30, 2011 04:07 PM (Total replies: 15)

Hello again. I'm trying to add some light volumes to my pelican, but for some reason when i try to use them as attachments, they don't even show up, but when used as widgets (i can only have four, but i need 14) they show up just fine. the stock pelican's effect is actually a cone with a transparent texture, and a corona from the warthog...

http://img220.imageshack.us/content_round.php?page=done&l=img220/584/yessf.png

Does anyone know how i would do this? the marker names for the underside of the engines is "hover thrusters", and for the thrust, "jet thrusters". they all have the same, which is how i think they did it with the light, but i dunno how to do it with light volumes... help please?
Edited by KouRyuu on Jul 30, 2011 at 04:28 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Vehicle Issue Jul 28, 2011 04:21 PM (Total replies: 0)

Good Afternoon. I've been working on porting this thing to ce, but so far, i have gotten strange errors. i've manage to make a collision model, the model itself, and animations, but something's screwed up.

i have no idea why it's doing this:

http://img98.imageshack.us/content_round.php?page=done&l=img98/1870/whyd.png

everything works in 3ds, i've replicated most of the properties from the old n'pelican, yet it still is kinda wierd. Any help's appreciated as always.

*admin added link tags
Edited by Dennis on Jul 28, 2011 at 11:53 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Another material error Jul 28, 2011 04:14 PM (Total replies: 16)

the name, my bad. it has to do with the material's name applied to it. the name error is because the material that you've applied (as stupid as it sounds) somewhere, has no name...

i have a question for you though, seeing as how i can't really get much help by pm'ing people about this:

i have no idea why it's doing this:

http://img98.imageshack.us/content_round.php?page=done&l=img98/1870/whyd.png

everything works in 3ds, i've replicated most of the properties from the old n'pelican, yet it still is kinda wierd.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Another material error Jul 28, 2011 03:12 PM (Total replies: 16)

the name error is because SOMETHING... i don't know what. but SOMETHING in there (it's either the material, or an object with the material) has a wrong label. try resseting ALL of the materials, compile, (it should give you an error), then apply only 1 sub-object material yadayada.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Another material error Jul 28, 2011 02:59 PM (Total replies: 16)

holy. crap. i've never seen THAT before... i don't know what to tell you about that thing. try reexporting the file, deleting the older one and the doing it again. it seems like this is a smaller problem on the web, because i just google searched it, and barely came up with any hits..

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Another material error Jul 28, 2011 02:43 PM (Total replies: 16)

ok. save your file, i just found something on the web that may work:

"editable mesh, then once your object is that get rid of all the smoothing groups and use a multi-sub material type, set the selection id's for the faces and apply the selection id acording to the multi-sub id and apply it. that happens cause usually the id's have like a name (no name(1)) and like when you assign the multi-sub it creates the group with out the multi-sub i dont believe it will export i donno thats how i fix it at least " from: http://www.modhalo.net/index.php?/topic/23370-bluestreak-jms-exporter/

i honestly cannot remember how exactly i fixed this, but i know it had to do with the name of a material. lemme know if that worked.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Another material error Jul 28, 2011 02:30 PM (Total replies: 16)

i believe thats because there's a material that doesn't have a name or label. are all of your geometry objects linked to a frame node?

Time: Thu November 14, 2019 7:46 AM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website