A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: VillX
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 7, 2011 05:27 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 16
What Games do you play: Halo CE, Halo 3, Portal, Midnight Club LA
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
VillX has contributed to 8 posts out of 469466 total posts (0.00%) in 3,783 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » HALO 4 Jun 7, 2011 05:27 PM (Total replies: 224)

Quote: --- Original message by: The Cereal Killer
Alright guys, stop droning on about how it's being "milked" for a second and just read this post from a friend of mine:

Quote: Original message by: Mubox (JK-47)

I think it's a bit early to judge whether they're milking the series. Sure at first when I hear they're making up to Halo 6 I'm just like "WAT", and I'm still a bit weary. But the Halo universe is huge, and while they've covered a lot of material in the games, there's still so many things they could dwell into that they barely touched in the last 3. Don't get me wrong, I love the stories of the old ones, but I feel like too much time was wasted running and gunning through the flood and covenant, they didn't focus on things that make the books so awesome. Honestly, I think the stories in the first 3 are s*** compared to what the books get into. If these new ones are as awesome as the books, then they could make many more Halos for all I care.

Not saying anything about anyone who disagrees with them expanding it. Have your views, that's fine, but I think people get too attached to the "I'm an original Halo player" mentality, where any thought of expansion in the story is selling out. There's a lot that I would love to see happen to the Halo series such as getting more into the story of the Forerunners which is obviously the direction this is getting into. I don't know about them time traveling, but there were various shield worlds stationed around the universe, you have to imagine a portion of the race was able to escape. I know the story is "They're all wiped out", but I think that was just setting us up for the shock of "Zomg there's still some left".

Sure story expansion could just be left up to the books. If that were the direction they took, I'd be fine with it, I love reading. But I also love the visual experience that comes with games and how you get to play through the story. This isn't just some fanboy counter-argument. I'll admit, I'm really attached to the halo series, but I also want what's best for it. And I think this is what's best, especially after the cliffhanger they left at the end of Halo 3. I would be more jelly if they just let it rest after blowing us away with this whole new universe full of great story potential.

I'm remaining in a "I'm not holding my breath" mentality, soley on the fact that we haven't seen anything yet aside from sudden new armor, a cock piece, and "oh look a new gun floating around". But the Halo series is full of inconsistency, a fact I'm now used to when I see these teaser trailers. But just because I'm not getting my hopes up doesn't mean I'm not keeping an open mind about it before I start picking at every pixel I see on the screen, because they have the potential to make this bigger than the past games. They also have the potential to f*** it up, but until I see more, I'm not making any judgements.

I've got to say, those are my thoughts exactly. I Loved the books, and think this is a great opportunity for the future of Halo. I will await more information, but until I play through the game myself, I shall not pass judgement.

Halo CE General Discussion » Ascension Firefight beta feedback topic Sep 8, 2009 07:45 PM (Total replies: 383)

I played Wave 11, and it was a definite improvement from the original. I do have to say thouhg, the random placement of the AI didn't seem right. Other than that, I thought that everything else was okay.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT SPV2 A10 Public Beta Aug 9, 2009 10:38 AM (Total replies: 786)

Thanks. I feel really dumb because of that.

And of course, the issue i was going to show was already addressed, so double fail for me.

Then that leaves the last thing for me to mention, one of the gratings on the floor near the end of the new BSP has some odd lighting; it makes anything standing on it darker. Just pointing that out if it wasn't noticed (I didn't see anyone post anyhing about it...)

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT SPV2 A10 Public Beta Aug 9, 2009 10:18 AM (Total replies: 786)

I finally managed to get pictures of the Matinence passage that has the unlocked door. (I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be locked, because it's not a path used to continue the level...)

Uh...

For some reason I'm failing with posting pictures. help real quick (I just wwoke up)
Edited by VillX on Aug 9, 2009 at 10:19 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT SPV2 A10 Public Beta Aug 5, 2009 10:34 PM (Total replies: 786)

This is a very nice improvemnt from the first, and i didn't face many errors.

There were a few that people have named, like the ladder problem, and the excessive amount of blood. other than that it was fine. FPS was awesome even on my laptop (an old Dell D600, unmodified, loaded with other games and my small video recording studio).

One thing i wanted to mention is that there is one area with a small matinence accessway that wasn't mandatory to go in, but leads to an arteen obsessed wall. Might have been a glich, but it was just that the door was unlocked.

I'll try to get pictures up at some point
Edited by VillX on Aug 5, 2009 at 10:36 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps Sponsored Official CMT Thread Jul 23, 2009 12:41 PM (Total replies: 3743)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SNAXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/315/haloce2009072301594728.jpg

I really love how the new biped looks. And it still looks good in a normal pose, so thats a plus.

In my opinion, it looks like how the Mark V really should have looked.

By the way, is the biped going to appear in any CMT MP maps after SPV2 comes out?
Edited by VillX on Jul 23, 2009 at 12:42 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » -Earth Campaign- Official Thread. Jul 14, 2009 08:31 PM (Total replies: 74)

I might be able to possibly supply some voice-acting

Time: Thu November 21, 2019 10:44 PM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website