A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Frak_Attack
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 29, 2011 05:57 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
I thinks this is whats they calls a "food library"
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Frak_Attack has contributed to 9 posts out of 469511 total posts (0.00%) in 3,799 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Campaign Water in Custom Maps? Sep 29, 2011 05:57 AM (Total replies: 2)

Thanks I got it working. :)
Edited by Frak_Attack on Sep 29, 2011 at 06:15 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Campaign Water in Custom Maps? Sep 28, 2011 02:10 AM (Total replies: 2)

I am looking for any kind of tutorial or info about putting water from The Silent Cartographer into any of my maps, I have tried copying over all of the tags from that level and using them in Max and what not, compiling, etc...

but the water always shows up clear with ripples, no fog, waves or any of the neat stuff.

Any input? Thanks in advance.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Water Material ID? Sep 27, 2011 12:00 AM (Total replies: 1)

Hey all, its been a few years but I have been getting back into mapping lately. I have a simple question, after I add a plane of water to my map, what is the proper material ID number I need to give it and do I need to attach it to the skybox?

I have been getting material ID errors when compiling, and I couldn't find any topics about it here. Thanks!

Interesting, I think I know what is happening. I think it has something to do with administrator mode on my computer.

Sometimes the folders with my maps won't even appear in the directory.... for instance, after creating the tag, the level folder isn't even appearing in my tags folder.

I just found a solution to the problem though, changing some computer settings around helped. Thanks for the input.

Oh. I failed to mention, I think I did in the other post, I used the tool command and created the .bitmap.
It was compressed as DXT1, and following the tutorial, I attempted to open it with Guerilla. Sorry for not saying that...

Its a .tif saved from Corel Paint Shop Pro. I was following Kirks tutorials. Its been a few years since I've made maps, this is the first time I've had this kind of error.

I'm not setting my bitmaps to open with Guerilla. I open guerilla first, then attempt to open the bitmap, and get the error. It doesn't do it with other tags, just bitmaps in folders that I have created.
Edited by Frak_Attack on Jul 20, 2009 at 06:17 PM

I've tried searching, but I cannot find anything on the subject.
Well, here is the issue.

I have Halo PC, Halo CE installed on C: drive, no problem.
Installed HEK into the CE folder. (Guerilla is in Halo CE root directory)

When I attempt to open bitmaps to make tags for them, I get the "Couldn't read map file './guerillabeta.map'
you need to set your working directory." message.

I run vista home basic, any insight is appreciated... I've reinstalled several times.

I've tried searching, but I cannot find anything on the subject.
Well, here is the issue.

I have Halo PC, Halo CE installed on C: drive, no problem.
Installed HEK into the CE folder.

When I attempt to open bitmaps to make tags for them, I get the "Couldn't read map file './guerillabeta.map'
you need to set your working directory." message.

Any insight is highly appreciated.

Edit: I just ran tool - >tool bitmaps levels\mapname\bitmaps

It showed my bitmap, compressed it as DXT 1 and guerilla still will not open it. Just thought I'd add that.
Edited by Frak_Attack on Jul 19, 2009 at 03:32 PM

Time: Thu December 12, 2019 9:43 AM 328 ms.
A Halo Maps Website