A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: jigsaw_jimmy
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 26, 2014 06:44 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
jigsaw_jimmy has contributed to 50 posts out of 469505 total posts (.01%) in 3,784 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Oct 26, 2014 06:44 PM (Total replies: 8490)

Quote: --- Original message by: savinpvtmike
Quote: --- Original message by: sshers4
I fixed the UV.

http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww79/sshers1/safa_zps9683c719.jpg

OH ya original
http://dic.academic.ru/pictures/wiki/files/72/Houndeye.png
original like the concept of originality itself, how about you get over yourself before your mom gets all over your room and grounds you for not taking out the trash again. hahahaha, someone on halomaps crying about originality, how priceless

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Oct 26, 2014 06:41 PM (Total replies: 14974)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Quote: --- Original message by: Alice
Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker
Quit with the coloured abuse, you insensitive north korean.

Pot calling the kettle black.
If this continues both of you will be banned.
do it do it do it, ban them, you know you want to dennis

edit:
in fact, while you're at dennis, can you ban me with them? i beg you, no I dare you, no, i command you to. hce community for most useless community, i'll see you at the awards of all time, you guys are the cham-peons. peace out, loved this game back in the day. you guys have been creating some interesting, stupid, terrible, awesome, and altogether weird stuff. have fun.
Edited by jigsaw_jimmy on Oct 26, 2014 at 06:48 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » This must happen Apr 4, 2013 10:35 AM (Total replies: 30)

Quote: --- Original message by: Oskarmandude
Quote: --- Original message by: clonecam117
Quote: --- Original message by: Oskarmandude
Online it won't, but AI on Halo 1 syncs through a local network/one machine.

no it doesn't.

Explain how it synced on Xbox.

It wasn't a LAN game? Split-screen =/= LAN
Edited by jigsaw_jimmy on Apr 4, 2013 at 10:35 AM

You can simulate most of what you want by putting a plane or series of planes in the first person model of whatever weapon you want to have the dynamic crosshair and then animate it to do what you want, and in the "official" crosshair settings, give it none.

Halo CE General Discussion » couldn't allocate final cluster mirror. HUH? Jan 17, 2013 01:51 PM (Total replies: 6)

pretty sure this error means you tried making something a mirrored surface without the surface that the shader is being applied to being completely flat. if you try and do that in halo it won't work

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria: Episode Two. Jul 29, 2012 06:37 PM (Total replies: 1793)

must hurt knowing you just spent the last two years working on this and all you have to show for it was that...

Halo CE General Discussion » Biped Animation Problem Jul 6, 2012 03:57 PM (Total replies: 37)

look at the original masterchief's model and animation node checksum or whatever at the top of tag (near the bottom in the animation tag iirc). make sure the two on your model and animation match each other, and make sure they also match the original masterchief's
Edited by jigsaw_jimmy on Jul 6, 2012 at 03:58 PM

if it doesn't actually corrupt anything but instead just crashes then how is OS Sapien causing corrupted files? sounds like it's your fault its crashing to me lol

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Jul 2, 2012 09:39 PM (Total replies: 14974)

holy balls that's a great model

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria: Episode Two. Jun 11, 2012 05:07 PM (Total replies: 1793)

Quote: --- Original message by: Private Caboose
Quote: --- Original message by: jigsaw_jimmy
Quote: --- Original message by: TM_updates
This
is
Lumoria:

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3653/epich.png
this is what passes for quality?

Don't complain about the graphics. TM uses the original game models and shaders settings; making minimal mods to their shaders and models. It's virtually how you use the same toothbrush everynight, but all you change is the toothpaste you use.
i still think the bsp needs to move on from the blocking out phase

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria: Episode Two. Jun 11, 2012 03:36 PM (Total replies: 1793)

Quote: --- Original message by: TM_updates
This
is
Lumoria:

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3653/epich.png
this is what passes for quality?

Halo CE General Discussion » Multiplayer Map Exception May 9, 2012 10:48 PM (Total replies: 14)

make 16 spawn points and have them set to all game types, then try loading your map using different game types. id start with slayer, then ctf, etc. until it doesn't exception. the gametype can cause exceptions a lot of the time

Halo CE General Discussion » Multiplayer Map Exception May 9, 2012 10:15 PM (Total replies: 14)

is the scenario set to be singleplayer or multiplayer in the scenario tag?

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] May 9, 2012 10:11 PM (Total replies: 8490)

Quote: --- Original message by: waffles
nice jim! where are your lights though? :(

oh **** i forgot about those lol. ill have to add some back into the mesh

Halo CE General Discussion » tags too large to compile in tool? May 8, 2012 08:23 PM (Total replies: 8)

Quote: --- Original message by: waffles
to compile with memory upgrades i think its somewhere along the lines of

os_tool build-cache-file-ex "mod_name(map name basically)" 0 0 1 "scenario(levels\test\timberland\testmap)"

you're right, but rather than having a mod name, you could simply leave it as "" and have no mod name, it works better if you don't plan on making use of the mod system (the new bitmaps.map, sounds.map, etc.).

so for example

os_tool build-cache-file-ex "" 0 0 1 levels\test\tutorial\tutorial

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] May 8, 2012 07:44 PM (Total replies: 14974)

im not going to be totally faithful with the old design--im gonna make a few changes, though not many

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] May 8, 2012 07:18 PM (Total replies: 8490)

h3 chief shader

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] May 8, 2012 07:10 PM (Total replies: 14974)

wip high res version of the h1 ar

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Apr 25, 2012 03:29 PM (Total replies: 4974)

when you hit f10 in 3ds max, go to the renderer tab and switch the filter from area to catmull-rom. your renders will look a lot nicer, more sharp
Edited by jigsaw_jimmy on Apr 25, 2012 at 03:29 PM
Edited by jigsaw_jimmy on Apr 25, 2012 at 03:30 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Apr 25, 2012 03:22 PM (Total replies: 8490)

funny, i was working on the same thing

Time: Tue December 10, 2019 6:28 AM 328 ms.
A Halo Maps Website