A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Vastanus neshtrog
About Contact
Last Post: Feb 7, 2010 02:56 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
Vastanus neshtrog has contributed to 139 posts out of 469380 total posts (.03%) in 3,725 days (.04 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Toggle Cam? Feb 7, 2010 02:56 PM (Total replies: 0)

Is there any scripts that allow you to toggle from the default vehicle view (when you're driving a vehicle such as the warthog) and first person view using the flashlight key?

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] ATV Arena Jan 30, 2010 11:05 PM (Total replies: 79)

Quote: --- Original message by: xsnoder

This is actually a good idea the more I look thru it and I am pretty sure I was way to harsh with what I said in the begining. I opoligize and hope this works out well. Cool idea behind the no spawn killing thing, I have always tried to find a clever way to keep spawn killing down to a min without messing the game play up to bad.
map seems a little small for turret's but thats me. Nice work bro
Edited by xsnoder on Jan 30, 2010 at 04:02 AM

To: Vastanus neshtrog
Posted On: Today @ 03:25 AM
Subject: Re: I am done bro
Message: Keep bieng rude bud. like I said "I can do this all year if we have to"
Learn to know when you are bested and wrong. deal with it looser.
Like all the stuff you have done

I like how your trying to get on the community's good side, while throwing insults at me when you think they arn't looking. Hey, but I don't mind. As long as your good with Killer's work.

I'd still like that map you supposedly made in a couple of hours, as well as 3 links from last year of the same topic. If you don't want to post them in public, you're welcome to send them to me via PM, and then i'll post them in public.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] ATV Arena Jan 28, 2010 08:02 PM (Total replies: 79)

Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
Quote: --- Original message by: Vastanus neshtrog
KillerKiwi, are you scripting the player to spawn with the vehicle? or just in the same place? and do you really need a script for that? the player I mean. just curious.

Just put all starting positions next to vehicles .___.

Yah, but in games such as race, that would mean spawning in spawn tunnels without vehicles. This ensures people and vehicles are all spawned together.

Halo CE General Discussion » [DSC/REQ] Ghost House AI Jan 28, 2010 05:13 PM (Total replies: 33)

Quote: --- Original message by: Maniac1000
He said that he already had made it.
Its Kirby, he can script anything that is possible.

oh... Its just the last sentence made it seem like he didn't do it yet... wasn't sure.
So he has a rep? xP

@kirby: Are you still working on it or is it stopped? And do you mind sharing it?

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] ATV Arena Jan 28, 2010 05:11 PM (Total replies: 79)

Quote: --- Original message by: Xel
I don't think xsnoder is a troll, barely anyone does.
See, we don't want to be dix about that, but you have to agree that you turned a normal (although it was a bit harsh ;P) crit post into a drama.Get over it, and go on.
kthxbai

Lets not point fingers :D
I think its fair to say it escalted rapidly. who's fault it was... Well, i'm in no position to give a unbiased answer.

Halo CE General Discussion » [DSC/REQ] Ghost House AI Jan 28, 2010 03:50 PM (Total replies: 33)

Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422
I have ghost AI I made to have tossed in a beta of a map before ment to just freak the testers out. they see something at the corner of their eye, they look and there is nothing there. its made around scripts that when they are looked at, a script lowers their shields. there shader on their body is only as visible as their shields, so when they are seen they fade away. they are set to be afriad if they are looked at to much, and they go crazy to chase after you (essentialy boo from mario, except they actualy run when seen). they are set to pass threw players, and have no real colision. just do that, and you essentialy have ghosts.

Oh wow, thats pretty cool. I didn't know you could script "fading away."

So you allready made this, or are you planning to or what?
Edited by Vastanus neshtrog on Jan 28, 2010 at 03:50 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Modifying the flashlight Jan 28, 2010 03:48 PM (Total replies: 15)

Quote: --- Original message by: sierra117
Mind sharing?

and from your expereince, do you know what else can be altered for the flashlight? (brightness, light shape, light color, battery, etc.)

ive only tried the colour, but Im pretty sure you can change all of those properties, with some basic knowledge of guerilla. Oh and reading skills. :P

Cool thanks...

One last question. can you make the flashlight beam visible in the air? even when its not shining at you, can you see the path of the flashlight?

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] ATV Arena Jan 28, 2010 03:46 PM (Total replies: 79)

Calm down?

sorry, not this time my friend. this guy is a pompus and needs to be set straight

KillerKiwi, are you scripting the player to spawn with the vehicle? or just in the same place? and do you really need a script for that? the player I mean. just curious.

Edited by xsnoder on Jan 28, 2010 at 06:59 AM

yah, I think cocaine is right.

Oh look You went and posted someone what degrading messages in all the threads i have recently participated on. Now the WHOLE COMMUNITY thinks you're a troll.

And to answer your question, you are spawned in a containing cell until a vehicle respawns into one of the tunnels. you then teleport into that tunnel. If a vehicle does not resspawn soon enough, you can simply walk into a teleporter placed in the holding cell. This will teleport you to one of the hills, where you can pick up some better weapons and try to kill someone else for their vehicle.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE Raincheck Jan 28, 2010 12:43 AM (Total replies: 26)

Its fun watching people claim I'm using a aimbot when all i'm doing is melleing people in the back when they're sniping the other direction. :P

Halo CE General Discussion » [REQ] BR and CovCarbine Jan 27, 2010 11:30 PM (Total replies: 7)

hmm... Its rated rather low....

I want a FINISHED one. And I still can't find a Covanent carbine.

Halo CE General Discussion » [REQ] BR and CovCarbine Jan 27, 2010 11:10 PM (Total replies: 7)

I'd like some decent tags for those two weapons. preferably similar to halo2/halo3 weaponry.

I'd be nice if it was relatively simple too... I don't need the under barrel grenade or any of the other stuff. Just a gun.

I know there are weapon tags posted in halomaps, but i'd be nice if i got a recommendation to a good one, before I try them all. :/

Thanks for your time!

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] ATV Arena Jan 27, 2010 06:50 PM (Total replies: 79)

I really don't understand why you continue on posting.

Thanks for the PMs about socialogy or w/e, but i'm not interested.

I DO listen to opinions. However, if your opinion is nothing but rumors, and not backed up, (Once again, I will call attention to the fact that you havn't proved that "this idea was posted 3 times last year" ) I will ridicule you. I also do not appreciates insults to Killerkiwi. I don't care if you think what you said was "soft." You crossed a line.

It is obvious that your attempts at communication are failing at convincing me of anything. Why not just stop?

On a more relavent note, Killerkiwi and are in a "busy spell." (i'll give you a hint, something to do with Chinese New year). However, both our workloads will be lifted around soon.

We have alllready started on improving some of the textures and models, and I have contacted several highly respected forum members for advice/help. I thank you for your time.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] ATV Arena Jan 27, 2010 05:08 PM (Total replies: 79)

Meh.

I'm not conserned. My "discussion" with him was for 2 things.
1.) telling him to shut up about killerkiwi.
2.) bumping this thread.

it seems to me, that he did both things, above and beyond the call of duty. He not only shuts about killerkiwi, he leaves the forums. Not only does he bump THIS thread, he bumped all my other ones as well.

And I thought a lot of his arguments didn't make sence. For example. He tells me he isn't attacking me in his second post but... its obvious he's doing SOMETHING. Then he says i'm contradicting myself, which i'm not, and i've allready explained all about that. Oh, yah, and then he claims this idea is unoriginal because it was posted about 3 times last year. And then when I asks him for links, he ignores me. I wonder why...

Theres a difference between saying the truth, and saying something for a purpose. (for you Matrix fans, it would be when the Oracle fakes neo's proficy, which helps him complete the rea one)

Back on topic:
Anyway, I discussed the turret thing with Killer, and we both think it dosn't go with the rest of the map... maybe in another version, we'll implement something like that.

I do have another idea however... We could make a platform above the spawn tunnels on either side of the map, and place a Wraith Mortar Turret on it. Avoiding slow-moving mortars would be quite entertaining.
Edited by Vastanus neshtrog on Jan 27, 2010 at 05:11 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Modifying the flashlight Jan 26, 2010 08:32 PM (Total replies: 15)

Mind sharing?

and from your expereince, do you know what else can be altered for the flashlight? (brightness, light shape, light color, battery, etc.)

Halo CE General Discussion » [Request]Sidewinder Firefight Jan 26, 2010 08:31 PM (Total replies: 42)

Quote: --- Original message by: FoxtrotZero
Quote: --- Original message by: Dwood

Quote: --- Original message by: IcePhoenix
btw im not doing anything except giving ideas.

Then you shall never get your hands on a copy of this map. I'm not going to be making this just because someone requested a good idea. If you guys want it then you'll have to contribute or else if I ever do make it, it'll never see a release.
Edited by Dwood on Jan 26, 2010 at 06:51 AM

I don't get that. I mean, sure, Ice wants to be a lazy ass, but whats the point of making a map and not releasing it? Therefore, you contribute because you want to see the good idea brought to life, or you don't do a damn thing about it at all.

I don't want to seem as if i'm speaking for him, but one possible reason is that its nearly impossible to finish a map without help. Although Dwood my have intentions otherwise, many maps are not completely finished by the time they are released, because the person who is making the map gets bored/ decided to do something else more worthwhile. having a team eliminates this problems, however.

Yah, so help this guy. (if you want this to happen.)

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] ATV Arena Jan 26, 2010 08:22 PM (Total replies: 79)

Quote: --- Original message by: Prod1gyXtr3m

just been reading through some more of the replys and from the pics (beta dosnt seem to work on my computer) it seems like an alright map i mean yes more detail in the terain and stuff but it looks fine to me and what is wrong with it looking sorta like beaver creak?

oh and this is the sort of turret i reckon would be awesome underneath a platfrom

http://www.untoldvalor.com/images/ball_turret_ad_great_shot.jpg

Edited by Prod1gyXtr3m on Jan 26, 2010 at 07:53 PM

That shounds good, but where should we put them?

And why isn't it working on your comp?

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] ATV Arena Jan 26, 2010 08:13 PM (Total replies: 79)

Wow, Like I said this is not about me but here we go with this cr@p agian. What ever helps helps you sleep at night bro.
Edited by xsnoder on Jan 26, 2010 at 08:10 PM

This has never been about you. Its been about making you annoyed so that you reply back to me, and theirby bumping my thread. :)

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] ATV Arena Jan 26, 2010 06:33 PM (Total replies: 79)

Maybe English classes or even Glasses might help?

You do NOT want to question that. I will go through and quote every sentence that is gramatically vague, and then point out how you should have done it. Actually.... you're not worth my time, forget it.

Lack of education and wisdom also produces confusion and anger ,so, I understand why you think I am attacking you and killerkiwi.

By stating my supposed lack of education and wisdom, you ARE "Attacking me"

It is not confusing and I was not trying to be an A$$. You are defending something you just made confusiing yourself.

Once again, you contradicted youreslf. Cheers!

This idea has been chewed thru 3 times in the last year ,so, yes it is not a new idea. a good one, but, not a new one. Also the map is "bad" (asthetics wise) and is not original (the layout kinda looks like a beavercreek rub off) sorry that is what it looks like to me. Don't know how to pre slice that for ya?

Proof or GTFO. I want 3 links in the time frame 2008-2009 about an combat arena that includes: Spawn Tunnels, ATVs, and firing with classic weaponry while on vehicles. You can't do that can you?

You truly missed what I was trying to say in the qoute. Notice this word is caps in my orig statement? CONSEQUENCES All I can tell ya is take the responsibility for your project not a defensive position. Learn Philosophy then you will get it.

Fixed version: You missed what I was trying to say in the quote. Notice the word "CONSEQUENCES" in caps in my original statement. All I'm going to tell you is to take the responsibility for your project, don't be too defensive. Once you learn some psychology then you may understand.

Your welcome bro.

Understand ,Also, I am far from a child. I have children your age doing the same things you are doing here ,, so gather your mouth and have something a little more constructive to say too me other then "your most un-educated answere of all time"
your response is bothersom and turning this on me is typical of someone who can't take the truth or even a constructive insight.

I was thinking about editing this too, but then I was like meh... I shouldn't be a grammar nazi. I just like proving my point.

Anyway, I believe I only thought that this quote was not constructive:
killerKiwi-how can you possibly say this is better than most maps on ce? I respect your mapping but come on man, really?

hm... I won't take this kind of crap when its adressed at him. That, at least, is not constructive. Buzz off, kiddo. You have no idea how immature and weak you're sounding. (espcially if you fight back)

And it isn't.

btw-- You would not be defending this map the way you are if you had not put alot of work into it and believed it would be "worth while" So, yes it is a contradiction.

So you're claiming that i'm lieing about not working on the map that much? Well, thanks, honestly, but i'm not that good a mapper. Its all Killerkiwi, trust me. If you want to thank him, he's the guy.

I call this advertising not beta.

And I call this bumping my thread so that its an even more effective ad. Once again, I thank you. I believe around 100 more people viewed this thread because of your bump. And the great thing is, its not even my fault, so Dennis can't blame me for bumping it. All he can do is punish you.

You thought it would get high reviews and it is, but your getting some minor crit and you can't handle that. I understand this more than anyone here.

Oh, I can handle minor crit. I really appreciate people like higuy and Unevenelefant for their comments. I even sent them an apology through PM if my map offended them in any way.

However, let me make this perfectly clear. I will not tolerate any type of putdowns to Killerkiwi. I actually don't mind if you say "This map is a peice of carp." or even "dis map sux." However, if you insulft killerkiwi directly, you've crossed a line.

I made a mock of this map and it took me 2 hours.

Really? If thats true, do you mind sending the map over or posting it here? and if you're really that good, we would be honored to include you in the production of this, or any other varient of the map. (you could help us model, too, so that Killerkiwi dosn't have to do all of it). We will, of course, list you under "author," If you decide to help us.

let me make this as clear as possible
If you don't want the truth don't put it out there.

That wasn't very clear at all. But since clarity is easily debatable, Ill leave it at that.

FOR THOSE WHO MAKE IT ABOUT ME
YES I am 40 years old and a USMC retiree , so if this makes you uncomfy to bad. Young and old alike love this game so deal with it.

I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are the prime minister, presedent, or graduate of anywhere.

Remember the M on the box, well thats what I thought when I bought it, so imagine my surprise to see a sh!t load of 11 year olds?
I don't judge you , please do not judge me.

I love your logic.
Edited by Vastanus neshtrog on Jan 26, 2010 at 06:34 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [DSC/REQ] Ghost House AI Jan 25, 2010 09:49 PM (Total replies: 33)

Hmm.. w/e.

I'd still be nice if someone was to incorperate AI scenery into a map... It might even be possible to use a existing map (maybe that church one or the graveyard one) for this.

Hey, I'd prefer if the ghosts were fake Mastercheifs, but you can't allways get what you want in life.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] ATV Arena Jan 25, 2010 06:05 PM (Total replies: 79)

Jump back into the think tank and come up with something really original and then you can call it a concept. As it is right now, Bad

I disagree. Its a good concept. Its just not applied.

note. This is constructive because you say you don't want to put effort into something no one is going to like? ,yet, have put considerable effort into the presentation and game play?
Put as much effort and thought behind your maps as you do your presentations and then what yoursaying won't sound like a contradiction.

Oh haha! I know you wouldn't know, but theres really a simple explenation for this. Killer Kiwi does pretty much all of the map making, I deal with presentation, give my opinion, direct his skills etc. So obviously, the workload is much more heavy on his side than mine.

So I don't mind spending more time on the presentation, because my work is not the limiting factor in this project. The map making process is only as fast as Killerkiwi can work.

That is why there "seems " to be more effort put in presentation than in gameplay. (Common, writting and preparing this thread took 2 hours, tops. Think about how much time it takes to make a map). You were wrong.

killerKiwi-how can you possibly say this is better than most maps on ce? I respect your mapping but come on man, really?

hm... I won't take this kind of crap when its adressed at him. That, at least, is not constructive. Buzz off, kiddo. You have no idea how immature and weak you're sounding. (espcially if you fight back)
Inb4flamewarthatwillbumpmythreadlots
Inb4beigefail

concept: an abstract or generic idea generalized from particular instances
a general notion or idea
a directly conceived or intuited object of thought.
A concept is that which is understood by a term, particularly a predicate. To possess a concept is to be able to deploy a term expressing it in making judgements: the ability connects with such things as recognizing when the term applies, and being able to understand the CONSEQUENCES of its application.
Peace gentlemen

Well... i'm not going to bend so low to say tl;dr, but...

Okay, I was having a little bit of trouble going through the linguistics in your post. Forgive me if you wrote anything too confusing in it.

Time: Wed October 16, 2019 7:32 PM 391 ms.
A Halo Maps Website