A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: hider
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 13, 2011 06:36 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Complete n00b to everything.

Post Statistics
hider has contributed to 28 posts out of 469775 total posts (.01%) in 3,844 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Nov 3, 2010 07:57 PM (Total replies: 4974)

Quote: --- Original message by: KillerKip1
Meh, might as well:

JOTUN Series 1: Harvester

(unfinished)

How are you going to get it into Halo? Last time I checked, you can't export it to .GMAX, .3DS, or .MAX.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » This may be a noob question, Sep 1, 2010 06:25 PM (Total replies: 24)

Download reputable AV software, scan, then download anti-spyware, and scan again. Sometimes trojans and spyware do that to try and scare you into downloading MORE spyware and trojans.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » taser tag request Sep 1, 2010 06:07 PM (Total replies: 2)

no offence taken

General Machinima Discussions » Digitalph33r's one life remaining Aug 31, 2010 02:01 PM (Total replies: 0)

Hey guys, since you uploaded Digitalph33r's Abnormality series, can you upload One Life Remaining?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Using Inventor Aug 31, 2010 01:59 PM (Total replies: 2)

Quote: --- Original message by: Xaos
Can i use inventor to draw up maps instead of 3DMax? I dont know anyone who is willing to make me a simple space level, and i dont know how to use it, but can use Inventor.

I'm not sure because from what I read on wikipedia it's supposedly for engineering and that kinda stuff. Maybe if you can export it to 3ds then import it into GMAX for adjustments you'll have a chance, but otherwise it's impossible.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » taser tag request Aug 31, 2010 01:48 PM (Total replies: 2)

I made a really lame, and most likely broken model of a TASER.
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5453
Anybody want to fix it and turn it into taser tags. I tried myself but my lame PC couldn't handle it.

Uses for the model if somebody comes along and turns it into a weapons tag:
-Adding to a map and running around tasering your teammates so they get annoyed
-Roleplaying servers
-Machinimas, particularily when plasma pistols can't be used as TASERs because they already are plasma pistols
-Chronopolis mods. What's chronopolis' blue team without a TASER?
Edited by hider on Aug 31, 2010 at 01:53 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Halo on the iphone Aug 31, 2010 01:42 PM (Total replies: 42)

I (illegally) watched an episode of BBC's Click (using a proxy), and I saw that click went to the CES and found some companies that are letting you play games like MW2 and Unreal on netbooks, iphones, and ipads using servers connected to the internet. You should collaborate with them.

Where can I find an OBJ importer for GMAX 1.2? I've been looking everywhere, and I can only see broken ones.

Never mind, I used another program called Wings 3D to convert it.
http://www.wings3d.com/

I used AOI to model it first.
www.artofillusion.org

Now I'm using GMAX and a few plugins courtesy of ProjectBluestreak to convert it to a model usable by Sapien.
Edited by hider on Aug 19, 2010 at 04:07 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Question about models. Aug 18, 2010 10:39 PM (Total replies: 8)

Quote: --- Original message by: eliteslasher

Also, if they are not the right formats, I'm sure you can find the necessary converters for stuff you may need. What is it you want to do just out of curiosity?
Edited by eliteslasher on Aug 18, 2010 at 07:23 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: Tagg260
I'm considering making a short movie based on Halo (not a machinima) and I was wondering if the models on this website would be compatible with 3D animation software. If not, I'd appreciate a point in the direction I could find some good Halo models.

Does this answer your question?

Where can I find a WORKING obj importer for GMAX? I've tried {FOX}Andy's importer, and the script won't run. I'm using GMAX 1.2

Original Post: 10:28 PM EST AUGUST 18 2010

Is it me, or has everybody gone to bed in EST now?
Edited by hider on Aug 18, 2010 at 10:34 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » tool won't run WTF? Aug 18, 2010 07:18 PM (Total replies: 7)

Edited by hider on Aug 18, 2010 at 10:29 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » tool won't run WTF? Aug 18, 2010 06:28 PM (Total replies: 7)

I double clicked on tool, and it won't run. Why is that?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Modeling bases 2 Jul 18, 2010 10:38 PM (Total replies: 5)

Quote: --- Original message by: ZZR
iv'e just google all over the place to find you an answer but i cant find any that mention what sort of limit he can fall from before sustaining damage,as for the modeling is this for maps?or extras...
bases etc.

Well, I can only model it, but yeah, it should be for maps.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » can't play the map Jul 18, 2010 10:21 PM (Total replies: 7)

Can you follow up on my topic? Thanks. Anyways I don't see what could go wrong on this map, but maybe you should re-start halo.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Modeling bases 2 Jul 18, 2010 10:12 PM (Total replies: 5)

Quote: --- Original message by: ZZR
i can't help you with art of illusion.i only use 3dstudio and sometimes gmax.also there aint that many ppl that are on the forum nowadays so we just gotta be patient and someone will help at some point.

It's sorta the same but is there any limit when modeling for fall damage, and going up angles?

Well it's been quite some time now, and I don't think that anybody is going to help me so I'll just have to wait, and hope this topic stays at the top. If it doesn't I'll have to re-post the topic, and wait again. Where is everybody these days anyway?
Edited by hider on Jul 18, 2010 at 10:32 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » can't play the map Jul 18, 2010 10:06 PM (Total replies: 7)

I dunno. What map is it?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » can't play the map Jul 18, 2010 09:59 PM (Total replies: 7)

Lock it as in nobody can post to it or edit it.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » can't play the map Jul 18, 2010 09:55 PM (Total replies: 7)

Shouldn't a mod lock this?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Modeling bases 2 Jul 18, 2010 09:52 PM (Total replies: 5)

Hey guys, I'm not a map maker, and sorry for double posting, but I would like to model a base in Art of Illusion and not GMAX. I'm not really sure of the maximium height before fall damage, and how steep of an angle can a SPARTAN climb, so can anybody help me with that? I'm using art of illusion so I can directly export into .obj.
Edited by hider on Jul 18, 2010 at 10:31 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Photoshop and Tiffs Jul 18, 2010 09:44 PM (Total replies: 2)

I think paint.net supports tiff with alpha, but not as advanced.
http://getpaint.net

Time: Fri February 21, 2020 8:36 PM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website