A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Fairchild
About Contact
Last Post: Apr 6, 2010 01:36 PM
Interests: Sexygirls
Your Age: 16
What Games do you play:
"Your voice sounds like... sexy"
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Fairchild has contributed to 85 posts out of 469503 total posts (.02%) in 3,768 days (.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Modding. Apr 6, 2010 01:36 PM (Total replies: 29)

Quote: --- Original message by: abkarch
all the downloads are the exact same as here. what is the point of that? im sorry but unless you get a bigger varity of downloads, im not gonna change from this site.
Edited by abkarch on Apr 5, 2010 at 03:42 PM

Cause Yahoo existed before Google and when google came out it gave people what they wanted, more speed, ease of use and better interface. Just like im comparing search engines we can do the same when comparing Halo sites. While we do offer the same thing, we dont force people to download one map at a time, throw in .txt. files spamming up where the download came from for try to force our site onto people like that. So you can stay here, its your wish and thats fine, the main point of the thread was letting people know there is another place they can go too. Simple as that.

Quote: --- Original message by: xsnoder
Halo maps is just fine. I like your idea but the halo God thing should go. Also this doe's seem like spam.

The 'God' comment was in jest. Surely you could not have taken that seriously could you? I mean, when you read the OP didn't it come of like a commerical from the 1990's? One would think that was clear on the commical value of the OP. As far as this thread being spam related, if a group of people spend over a month in R&D trying to get feedback from people and site design then the massive ammount of content we have on site you would see that were not simply saying "CHECK OUT THIS YOUTUBE VID!!! ZOMG LOOOL!!!". No, we were being openly humorious about finally making our site public to those who cared while adding some satire into the OP. No one is forcing anyone or asking anyone to leave this site or any site they are apart of. It's more of letting people know we exist an what we can offer to the community.
Edited by Fairchild on Apr 6, 2010 at 01:38 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Modding. Apr 4, 2010 01:17 PM (Total replies: 29)

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
I almost cried at how sad this is. Better then Halomaps? Yeah right, your site dosen't even have a decent layout or color scheme for one. You have "halo gods" on your site? lol, I really doubt that. I know your e3po too. This is always tried and always sucks.

by the way, your post is spam since the entire thing is an advertisment to a crappy website.

Our site is not ment to compete with Halomaps but a alternative to it since people do not like cue times and limited DL speeds. We also have one hell of a active community of people that will actually take their time to help you and not just point you to a tut and let you fend for yourself. Calling the website is crappy is just a cop-out to your own ignorance of how you think things should be and what you feel is best for people.
Edited by Fairchild on Apr 4, 2010 at 01:42 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Modding. Apr 2, 2010 10:50 PM (Total replies: 29)

Looking for a new hangout? Check out http://www.halomodding.com/

We've got so much to offer! From instant screenshots and map uploads to a super powerful respected community of halo gods that have been working with halo since 2001. Halomodding is the place to be to get help, maps, and more. Releasing a beta map for people to try out? Don't bother uploading to mediafire or rapidshare, upload to halomodding! Give it a title, description, and some screenshots and we will generate a download and a topic to go with it!

Tired of looking through sections and sections of boring pictures and text to try to find the map of your dreams? Check this out, http://www.halomodding.com/index.php?app=custompages&do=show&pageId=6

We have a large database full of over 3200 maps and programs for your halo needs! Along with over 200 tutorials to get you started on your way to becoming a halo king!

Have an urgent question and need help right away? Join our 24-7 teamspeak server and talk to an experienced halo professional! You can find our teamspeak info on the main page!

...and that's just the beginning! Feel free to stop by at anytime!

Thanks,
Halomodding Staff
Edited by Fairchild on Apr 2, 2010 at 10:57 PM

This is my goodbye. You can reach me on messengers for further information on this subject.

I must leave now, for reasons in which i must not say. yes this project is still in play, just contact me over messenger or email.

Goodbye halomaps.

(no this is not a scam or me giving up on this application, just it's my time to go. Don't ask why, it's nobody's buisness. I'm still working on this project, and will post updates to anybody who is interested. Just send me an IM.)

Sorry Dennis, I meant no harm.

Quote: --- Original message by: Dwood
Grab notepad++ SRC, strip the code and include it with the app maybe? I have my own language defined if you decide to use it.

I'm thinking about adding a built in text editor for hsc.. So it has code highlights and stuff.

Quote: --- Original message by: Codebrain
Quote: --- Original message by: DarkHalo003
Also an updated Sapien that reloads AI as you make new encounters and stuff, like putting in Command Lists and crap you don't have to exit then reload to have everything work %100.

There is already a command that does exactly as you said.

Quote: (ai_reconnect)

reconnects all AI information to the current structure bsp (use this after you create encounters or command lists in sapien, or place new firing points or command list points)

You saying that gave me an idea....

Hot key commands for sapien, that you can assign easily. For instance.. If your working on AI, you probably would like to easily to (ai_reconnect). Go into a menu, hit your keyboard with what key you want to map to (ai_reconnect) and then boom! Anything you can do in console can be hotkeyed. Maybe even a little popup box menu with assignable buttons for commands, etc..

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
I don't really see the point in doing that, the only thing sapien needs upgraded is custom resolutions instead of fixed at 640x800 or w/e

oohhhhohohh. Thank you! You just reminded me of something.. :)

(adds your name to credits list)

There was nothing in tool**, you can check the decompiled source code of previous versions that i'm sure someone has.

The only thing it did was load a web page to check for updates. That was it. How many apps do that these days?? uh... 1..2..3..4.5.6.. *looses count*

Anyway.

Some new things.. Should i try to make a new rendering engine\completely new sapien? I did manage to keep my code for reading the map information(bsp stuff). I would have to add a shader system to it.. hmm

Should i? I'm questioning if i should or not... What do you think? With time, and help, it could look great.
Edited by Fairchild on Jan 4, 2010 at 03:43 PM

IN game mode is working better now!

https://www.wmclan.net/e3hek/ingamemode.html

Features added...

1. Saving maps in sapien, and then building them with tool will put them in your maps folder like normal, but will immediately be available in the "in game" client. This wasn't working 100% due to needing to overwrite a map file.

2. In game mode fixed

3. No need to have sapien running if all you need is Guerilla, and vise versa. You can close, and open any apps you want at any time.

4. Added a "no error" feature to tool that will allow you to bypass errors such as bitmap power of two, etc.

5. All fields are unlocked in guerilla, without the use of Kornman's hek "which doesn't work on some systems due to dll errors!".

Things to add currently:

1. Tool crashes program if selecting more then one thing to do at the same time. Need to create a new thread for each command so you can run bitmaps, and structure at the same time etc.

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Dear god e3po when on earth are you going to leave. No one wants (well, other than idiots) your fake malware ridden apps.

I love you two almighty masters.

Anyway, added a bunch of new features with the main window including a debug file for anything you do in the application. Pretty much everything is logged to debug2.txt (in the folder the app is running from). This way if you are having problems it will be easy for uneducated people to post their debug files. The main tool output that you see is also highlightable so you can copy and paste the tool output without having to open the debug file.

New features include an auto fill in feature that if you have a loaded scenario file selected, in this case i loaded tutorial.scenario, it will fill in all of the commands you most likely will use.

Larger: http://screenshots.rd.to/sn/e3hek/appscreen7.png

This is super useful at cutting down time when loading tool, typing in a long command, and then running it. All you have to do is click on something in the list and hit go!

Another thing I'm working on is making the guerrilla section look more like guerrilla.

Larger: http://screenshots.rd.to/sn/e3hek/appscreen8.png

I've got the ingame feature working somewhat, i accidentally broke it earlier today when i was updating how the forms mesh into my application. I'll add more code to fix it tomorrow.

In the mean time.. VIDEO?
https://www.wmclan.net/e3hek/Videotemp.html

Goodnight, ohoshfoshdfoshdf i'm tired.

-E3pO

Quote: --- Original message by: DarkHalo003
Sir, you need a Klondike bar. It looks great if it's all legit. The only thing I'd advise is removing Guerilla ONLY IF removing would speed up most of the other processes of the application.

Will In-Game crash the application over time? How much does it require?

Not really, Well then again.. i have a quad core cpu with 16 gigs of ram. Lol. I guess you guys will have to test it out for me!!

Nope, not that i've tested. It's just like running halo by itself,i just kidnapped the window into my application.
Quote: --- Original message by: SiMuLaCrUm
Very clever and useful. So eventually the changes you make in Sapien will appear in-game? I like that.

Yeah, like moving objects around or adding biped and stuff. Maybe even scrips and other stuff if i can figure it out. Should just be some memory editing stuff.
Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5
This looks useful. One thing I might suggest is allowing the sapien windows to be all displayed at once like in Sapien normally, because imo it's annoying to have to switch between windows all the time. Other than that, this looks really nice.

Personally that sounds good too, i'll work on that when i get back home today.
Edited by Fairchild on Jan 2, 2010 at 01:23 PM

Well, as you all know i just love working on worthless projects that really have no meaning at all. But today i've decided, maybe i can try something new.

I present to you, E3 Hek V3(Codename PhoenixCore). Catchy ehh?

Pretty much what it is, is a bunch of fancy C# code to mesh sapien, guerilla, and a haloce.exe into one application. A bunch of memory hacking is done to the haloce.exe to represent what you see in the sapien window. Pretty much a bunch of reads from sapien.exe that write to haloce.exe.

I'm using something that takes use of the hwnd's of applications to make things like the properties window in sapien mesh into my application. Some of you might know what that's all about, others probably don't really care.

There won't be a beta for awhile, prob a week or two.. But just wanted to show you guys some work in progress screenshots.. Any ideas or features please comment back!

This is the main window that you see when you first launch the application. By clicking the open button, you can choose a .scenario file of your choice. What this will do is fill in most of the tool commands you would want to fill in, for instance tool build-cache-file "fills this in". Because it's hard for it to be 100% accurate with how you map, there is a command bar that you can edit before running the command. This works much like my previous Tool** application. It's pretty much just a fancy cmd.exe in the tool section. As you can see on the left there are user assignable application hotkey button thingys! This is where you can put things like 3dsmax and photoshop to load if you need them for something you project. HUGE TIME SAVER!

Which way do you like better? I can't keep both!! Please let me know. The buttons on the left? Or the list you can choose from on the right.

Larger: http://screenshots.rd.to/sn/e3hek/appscreen1.png
This is sapien for now, very basic! All i did was have my application load up sapien in the background, and then GRAB ALL THE GOODIES from it and display it in my application. Further editing and programing will allow me to completely customize how it looks, and acts!
Tool Window:

Larger: http://screenshots.rd.to/sn/e3hek/appscreen2.png
More Sapien:

Larger: http://screenshots.rd.to/sn/e3hek/appscreen3.png
As you can see i need to figure out a way to add scroll bars.. I'll figure that out soon. not very hard, just gotta code it in.

Larger: http://screenshots.rd.to/sn/e3hek/appscreen4.png

Welcome to Guerilla! Working on a bitmap tag? Well snap, there it is! Still very basic, need to add a bunch of things to this. Just kinda slapped it in for this screenshot.

Larger: http://screenshots.rd.to/sn/e3hek/appscreen5.png
Well, here it is. The in game window running from my application. Whatttt a trikky little son of a.. Anyway!! you can run as many instances of this as your computer can handle. I killed the check in halo running more then once! So, useful much. Everything you do in sapien AT SOME TIME SOON will be moved into this in game window. :)

Larger: http://screenshots.rd.to/sn/e3hek/appscreen6.png

Well, it's really late. 7:42am my time.. I'm off to bed. Talk to yall later!

-E3pO
www.wmclan.net
Edited by Fairchild on Jan 2, 2010 at 07:42 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Is any one making a 3rd person app? Dec 30, 2009 04:16 AM (Total replies: 15)

Email me after the 1st, i'll be back at my computer (i'm on vacation).

I'll forget i was working on it if someone doesn't pm me.

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Upgrade to XP.

I lol'd.

Personally have had better performance with Windows 7 in 80% of cases over windows xp, and nearly 100% of cases over vista.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Official H3MT Thread Dec 27, 2009 03:03 PM (Total replies: 487)

Quote: --- Original message by: DEEhunter
Gets the job done, quick and easy. And it syncs. ORRR we can do what we did in wm_combo. And have a trigger volume make a explosion that does 0 damage and 100 force.

Holy crap. I forgot i made a program awhile ago that looks for new posts containing wm_combo on my web server.. I just got an email linking to this thread, haha.. anyway.

goodnight!

Halo CE General Discussion » Release: Devmode for 1.09 Dec 23, 2009 03:44 AM (Total replies: 87)

Latest download (i guess?): http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5073

Thanks Dennis.

Should work fine on 64 bit systems!

you can let this topic die now, just wanted to add the updated link for those future googlers.

Halo CE General Discussion » Free FTP and webhosting. Dec 19, 2009 08:37 PM (Total replies: 4)

Everybody knows webhosting can be expensive and unreliable. This is why i'm starting to host people that would like to be hosted.

You will in return get a https connection, along with your own subdomain (yourname.wmclan.net), and ftp. You get unlimited bandwidth and file space.

What more could you ask for?

Also if you need it, you can contact me to create a mysql database for you(to host a forum, or a blog or something).

This offer is especially good for clans looking to have a website to host their work in progress files, along with whatever you would use a web server for.

Contact me on aim, msn, or by email if you are interested.

AIM: helixservers
MSN: E3pO@wmclan.net

Here is an website being used currently by Troy Mac1ure, The guy that's working on Entity.
He has a mysql database running for a wordpress blog, and he has a folder on his ftp for releases.
https://www.wmclan.net/entity/
OR
http://entity.wmclan.net/
will lead to his website, just the same as yours will be setup.

If you already have a domain, you can link it to our server and have youdomain.com be hosted with us!

Have a nice day!

Connection speed:

Edited by Fairchild on Dec 19, 2009 at 08:40 PM
Edited by Fairchild on Dec 19, 2009 at 08:44 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Release: Devmode for 1.09 Dec 18, 2009 07:24 AM (Total replies: 87)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dwood
btw I found that tutorial on getting models from halo into source engine very useful. Have you been able to get the bipeds ingame as well?

Yes, it's actually easier then i thought it was going to be, :). I'll probably make a tutorial on it soon.

Please let me know if the new updated exe works on 32 bit os. I haven't had time to bootup my vm to test it out.

Halo CE General Discussion » Release: Devmode for 1.09 Dec 18, 2009 12:49 AM (Total replies: 87)

Hey everyone! Please re-download from the same link as before! Fixed a bug not working on 64 bit machines. Should work fine now! if not let me know!

http://wmclan.net/main/downloads.php?cat_id=1&download_id=14
Edited by Fairchild on Dec 18, 2009 at 12:54 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] B40_Firefight Dec 7, 2009 06:21 PM (Total replies: 84)

Mirror:

http://ts.wmclan.net/1tb/mirror/maps/b40_firefight.7z

edit:

lolwut
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
In all honesty I wouln't call that picture ugly... goofy maybe, but not ugly

Edited by Fairchild on Dec 7, 2009 at 06:22 PM

Time: Mon December 9, 2019 2:25 AM 343 ms.
A Halo Maps Website