A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: PX173
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 6, 2010 03:20 AM
Interests:
Your Age: 19
What Games do you play: BF: V and 1942, Homeworld 2, WC3 & TFT, Halo(DUH), and many more.
It was worth it.
Email: {hidden}
AIM:
MSN IM: PX173
Yahoo IM:

Post Statistics
PX173 has contributed to 338 posts out of 479123 total posts (.07%) in 1,803 days (.19 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Dec 6, 2010 03:20 AM (Total replies: 14142)

Quote: --- Original message by: anonymous_2009
Quote: --- Original message by: PX173

@IcePhoenix:

Screenshot?
Edited by anonymous_2009 on Dec 5, 2010 at 08:00 AM

^This. To comment on your PR, it looks good, or at least considerable from what we've seen.

And also, this. Crit for the new model pl0x?

Image was late.
Edited by PX173 on Dec 5, 2010 at 09:08 AM

My issues are similar to what someone else has already outlined, which is the depth of the overall weapon, sometimes you can't help as that's they way the weapon is designed.

But if you can compromise try and give it more depth so when you look down the side of the weapon it looks interesting and appealing and not just flat. here are some examples, using one of my own models because its a good example not trying to show off as people will see it that way.

It is also rather boxy, you got a reference image of the weapon?

Actually I made it up myself, though it should work in real life without making noticeable modifications. No sketches, straight on the canvas. Yeah I know it's improper work etiquette. I'll try to add depth, also, nice model.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Dec 5, 2010 09:06 AM (Total replies: 14142)

@IcePhoenix:

Screenshot?
Edited by anonymous_2009 on Dec 5, 2010 at 08:00 AM

^This. To comment on your PR, it looks good, or at least considerable from what we've seen.

And also, this. Crit for the new model pl0x?

Image was late.
Edited by PX173 on Dec 5, 2010 at 09:08 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Dec 5, 2010 07:58 AM (Total replies: 14142)

Quote: --- Original message by: AGLion
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/2971/m26ear.png

I think that your models suffer from something that a majority of both new and experienced modelers from. The model overall lacks depth and '3dness'.

What I mean is, that your model needs to have more featured of it which makes it look like that it is not just a flat plane. Using circular objects and curvy and intricate surfaces null that negative effect.

I understand that it's not entirely possible to add depth to a rifle, considering that on first impression, the rifle is just a flat object, but pay attention to features on the rifle. I find the AR-15 rifle to be a really nice example of this...

This reply's a little late...

That was really my problem. I wanted it to be like the XM8 - simple. No extra grooves or extrusions, just what you need to have and making it better. I also made it ambidextrous, so it's completely symmetric. So far I'm content with the butt stock, the barrel, and the magazine, but the latter two is because there's not really more to add. If you're asking me it looks like the usual models with just some boxes and cylinders.

As for the other guy, sorry 'bout that, but pretty much it's the smoothing groups, as I and everybody else says.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Dec 4, 2010 09:53 AM (Total replies: 14142)

Quote: --- Original message by: Amazingcuziam
Sheesh. Am I the only one who makes original stuff? Aside from Geared? I don't think I can make as high-poly stuff, though. But as for this one, I'm not going to make it high-poly. I want everything that's there to be there for a reason. It's based on the XM8's ergonomics, the M4A1's overall design, some unorthodox and supposedly more convenient ways of manipulating the weapon, and the fact that I'm left-handed and would have difficulty in using traditional weapons.

No, your not. Sorry. i have said this on other occasions, i make plenty of original stuff, i'v only been showing remakes though. (Thats magnum doesn't count as a remake just fyi. It is not the H:R magnum, i'm modeling it off of a sketch of mine so, umm... blargh!) I'm sorry to crush your dreams of being one of the only people to make original content. That was a very large assumption on your part.

Actually that's good to know, I was mostly disappointed at the community.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Dec 4, 2010 09:33 AM (Total replies: 14142)

Sheesh. Am I the only one who makes original stuff? Aside from Geared? I don't think I can make as high-poly stuff, though. But as for this one, I'm not going to make it high-poly. I want everything that's there to be there for a reason. It's based on the XM8's ergonomics, the M4A1's overall design, some unorthodox and supposedly more convenient ways of manipulating the weapon, and the fact that I'm left-handed and would have difficulty in using traditional weapons.

Halo CE General Discussion » dude of checkpoint Dec 4, 2010 08:58 AM (Total replies: 10)

Los traductores no siempre funciona bien. Otherwise you crack me up.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] MAC Cannon :D Nov 13, 2010 02:18 AM (Total replies: 226)

I hereby claim victory over this argument for the reason that the opposing side has failed to prove his/her point any further.

Now I'm going back to my orthodox life. I've asked some people about what they think about the argument somewhere else, but other than that, you still lose.

You say I have no valid point without presenting proof nor examples. I can present different points and not just a constant one as well as provide backup.
Hey, dip, look at the picture i posted, what do you see in there? COILS, failed to prove my point eh? your the one who has failed to prove a point, you can't just claim victory idiot.

*coil. Singular. If you're referring to what is in the center, it couldn't possibly be used to propel the projectile along the barrel or whatever you call it. If you're referring to those things between the rails, then I'm quite sure they just guide the projectile.

Also, my life includes apathy. I'm just doing this because I'm bored, it's midnight right now.

Shut up, damn. It's a fictional weapon, so no one is correct.

That is, save for the guys who created the fiction.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] MAC Cannon :D Nov 12, 2010 10:57 AM (Total replies: 226)

Quote: --- Original message by: gnademassica117

That's it. I now christen that gun as the RailMacBurger.

\Argument.

Good tag.
Edited by gnademassica117 on Nov 12, 2010 at 10:48 AM

Yeah no more extra pages. This is getting boring, everybody on halomaps either has a point in their arguments or just won't quit even if she knows her defense is compromised. *shrug*

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] MAC Cannon :D Nov 12, 2010 10:43 AM (Total replies: 226)

I hereby claim victory over this argument for the reason that the opposing side has failed to prove his/her point any further.

Now I'm going back to my orthodox life. I've asked some people about what they think about the argument somewhere else, but other than that, you still lose.

You say I have no valid point without presenting proof nor examples. I can present different points and not just a constant one as well as provide backup.
Hey, dip, look at the picture i posted, what do you see in there? COILS, failed to prove my point eh? your the one who has failed to prove a point, you can't just claim victory idiot.

*coil. Singular. If you're referring to what is in the center, it couldn't possibly be used to propel the projectile along the barrel or whatever you call it. If you're referring to those things between the rails, then I'm quite sure they just guide the projectile.

Also, my life includes apathy. I'm just doing this because I'm bored, it's midnight right now.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] MAC Cannon :D Nov 12, 2010 09:37 AM (Total replies: 226)

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] MAC Cannon :D Nov 12, 2010 09:20 AM (Total replies: 226)

Quote: --- Original message by: MoooseGuy

^this. I know, I still won't stop, but no point in replying nor reading anyways. Wanna join us? GTFO.

lolwut? if your going to troll, be have a valid point, and make since, otherwise your a terrible troll.

1: When presenting something to society, it is not your opinion that matters. It's theirs. And everybody believes that it is a railgun. You are free to deny it, and never do you have to accept it, but nonetheless since the truth is what everybody believes in, it is a railgun.

2: Look at my statement on the water container. It is NOT a bottle.

3: Trolls naturally don't make any sense, they just snatch your ice cream cone and lick it.
lolfail. So, i everyone believes in santa claus he becomes real? your getting worse, and by the way, not everyone here thinks its a railgun :P i don't, and i am someone, and i'm not the only one who doesn't. now seriously, GTFO.

*sigh* I meant if everyone believes in a definition and connects it with a concept, object, etc., that definition becomes so for the object. My bad for being unspecific, but deliberately ignoring other points of the opposing side does not lead to triumph.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] MAC Cannon :D Nov 12, 2010 09:12 AM (Total replies: 226)

Quote: --- Original message by: MoooseGuy

^this. I know, I still won't stop, but no point in replying nor reading anyways. Wanna join us? GTFO.

lolwut? if your going to troll, be have a valid point, and make since, otherwise your a terrible troll.

1: When presenting something to society, it is not your opinion that matters. It's theirs. And everybody believes that it is a railgun. You are free to deny it, and never do you have to accept it, but nonetheless since the truth is what everybody believes in, it is a railgun.

2: Look at my statement on the water container. It is NOT a bottle.

3: Trolls naturally don't make any sense, they just snatch your ice cream cone and lick it.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] MAC Cannon :D Nov 12, 2010 09:02 AM (Total replies: 226)

I will admit, it does look like a railgun, but that doesn't make it a railgun, now does it? As i clearly stated, i did not want to hear anymore of the bs about it, and what did i get? Someone saying that it was a model of a railgun not a mass driver. I am not overreacting, i am reacting as i said that i would, and i when i said it, planned to stick to my promise. "The Magnetic Accelerator Cannon should not be confused with the railgun, despite their superficial similarities." hmm, they are similar, but should NOT be confused with eachother, game over. I'm sorry, but now all that can be done is for you guys to hope that i feel nice at some point soon. and to Mr. Railgun, trust me, i can do more then just removing a silly DL link :P, i may not be able to fully stop people from getting it, but i can sure as hell slow them down.
Edited by Amazingcuziam on Nov 10, 2010 at 10:19 AM

Technically it is a railgun, but that's just a description. Just having rails makes it so. So, just accept it's a railgun, but nobody's preventing you from calling it a MAC or a coilgun, you have freedom of opinion.

Once again, praise Bungie. I just hope 343 Studios will do better.

The guy who made cola didn't intend on making it the great invention that is cola. But nevertheless, it was cola.
Okay wait, if i put t2o opposite rails on the barrel of a gun, it becomes a rail-gun? your logic makes no since my friend. just because it uses a magnetic field, and has rails, doesn't make it a rail-gun, lol. Next your going to tell me that a guass hog has a rail-gun not a coil-gun? Please give me an argument that makes since :)
Edited by Amazingcuziam on Nov 11, 2010 at 07:01 AM

Yep, technically it becomes a railgun. If an object fits the description of something, then it can be defined as being that something. Also, MACs are coilguns, which is an entirely different principle, which also adds to my point in the argument.

Since you don't seem to give up, I will shift sides and try to prove your point.
This is NOT a bottle. It's a water container.
Edited by PX173 on Nov 12, 2010 at 08:08 AM
Now wait, you just proved yourself wrong idiot, you said that MACs are coilguns right? well how can you prove that my mac isn't without contradicting yourself? now seriously, go screw yourself troll. Kthnxbai.

I never said it was a MAC, you did.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] MAC Cannon :D Nov 12, 2010 07:53 AM (Total replies: 226)

I will admit, it does look like a railgun, but that doesn't make it a railgun, now does it? As i clearly stated, i did not want to hear anymore of the bs about it, and what did i get? Someone saying that it was a model of a railgun not a mass driver. I am not overreacting, i am reacting as i said that i would, and i when i said it, planned to stick to my promise. "The Magnetic Accelerator Cannon should not be confused with the railgun, despite their superficial similarities." hmm, they are similar, but should NOT be confused with eachother, game over. I'm sorry, but now all that can be done is for you guys to hope that i feel nice at some point soon. and to Mr. Railgun, trust me, i can do more then just removing a silly DL link :P, i may not be able to fully stop people from getting it, but i can sure as hell slow them down.

Technically it is a railgun, but that's just a description. Just having rails makes it so. So, just accept it's a railgun, but nobody's preventing you from calling it a MAC or a coilgun, you have freedom of opinion.

The guy who made cola didn't intend on making it the great invention that is cola. But nevertheless, it was cola.
Okay wait, if i put t2o opposite rails on the barrel of a gun, it becomes a rail-gun? your logic makes no since my friend. just because it uses a magnetic field, and has rails, doesn't make it a rail-gun, lol. Next your going to tell me that a guass hog has a rail-gun not a coil-gun? Please give me an argument that makes since :)
Edited by Amazingcuziam on Nov 11, 2010 at 07:01 AM

Yep, technically it becomes a railgun. If an object fits the description of something, then it can be defined as being that something. Also, MACs are coilguns, which is an entirely different principle, which also adds to my point in the argument.

Since you don't seem to give up, I will shift sides and try to prove your point.

This is NOT a bottle. It's a water container.
Edited by PX173 on Nov 12, 2010 at 08:08 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] MAC Cannon :D Nov 11, 2010 04:13 AM (Total replies: 226)

Edited by PX173 on Nov 11, 2010 at 04:18 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] MAC Cannon :D Nov 10, 2010 10:13 AM (Total replies: 226)

Hi, it's my model, it's a MAC cannon, bye! If i hear another word of this BS about it being a railgun, bad things will happen, trust me, i can make bad thing happen.

MAC guns are coil guns, and that is a rail gun. Please explain to me why it has rails. Seems like someone got his references wrong.
Hey, captain dumbnut, go google Halo Reach MAC cannon (or mass driver) and tell me the results. I did NOT get my references wrong. and you just ruined it for the whole community. you were warned, and you did NOT heed my warning. don't expect to get my MAC tags now. it really does suck for me to have to do this. But i did say i would, and i am sticking to my word. Here, i'll even give you a link to prove what it is. http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Driver. By the way, do you plan to go off and tell me, that my UH-144 falcon, is actually a Hornet, or a pelican or something? cuz like WTF were you thinking man.
Edited by Amazingcuziam on Nov 10, 2010 at 08:04 AM

Praise Bungie. /s

Yeah I posted on the article's talk page. Amazing how Bungie calls one principle by the name of another completely different principle and manages to be creative in the process, and gets increased product output especially in the form of misdirected arguments.

Also, I don't think you did much >_> This is the internet.
Edited by PX173 on Nov 10, 2010 at 10:16 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » What weapons to put on an aircraft? Nov 10, 2010 04:19 AM (Total replies: 12)

Give me 1 good reason to think that the normal Pelicans are effective gunships. Also, it's basically giving actual definition to a turret rather than just being a sitting duck with a gun just as powerful as an assault rifle.

I'll describe it more.
1. Both the 20 and a minigun will be terribly accurate. Which is a bad thing. Like I said, these types of guns are for continuous and suppressive fire. You don't aim and focus, you just point and shoot. You won't really be using these for single, tough targets.

2. This will have a ground version(except for the 30), but basically it's just the same.

3. Minigun; 1500 rounds, 3 second reload, no over heat. 20 mike, 1000 rounds, 2.5 reload, no overheat. 30 mike, 1200 rounds, 7.2 second reload (that's already good enough for 10 RPS), no over heat. Although, the oven might overheat if used continuously.

4. Forward guns tend to be difficult to aim with a little drift and no sideways movement.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] MAC Cannon :D Nov 10, 2010 04:08 AM (Total replies: 226)

Hi, it's my model, it's a MAC cannon, bye! If i hear another word of this BS about it being a railgun, bad things will happen, trust me, i can make bad thing happen.

MAC guns are coil guns, and that is a rail gun. Please explain to me why it has rails. Seems like someone got his references wrong.

Halo CE General Discussion » What weapons to put on an aircraft? Nov 8, 2010 03:46 AM (Total replies: 12)

Quote: --- Original message by: IcePhoenix

Why is everyone obsessed with giving a dropship armanents that can destroy tanks in 2 seconds?
A warthog's chaingun's firepower is all it needs, not this stupid OP crap.
Edited by IcePhoenix on Nov 7, 2010 at 08:43 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: Sergeant Major
Pelicans need some extra firepower, you've seen them, they suck. It seems the only reason Pelicans are put in maps is for RPGs or aesthetic purposes. It needs a dropship role, not a commercial plane one. Take the Falcon, for instance. Now try transferring that armament onto a Pelican. They're both dropships, and I, for one, don't understand why the main vehicle for dropping troops off in area under fire should only have 1 gun.

He's right. The Pelican isn't just a dropship - it's also a gunship. Furthermore, I said it can easily destroy tanks in a few seconds if you can hit it in the right spot. That is, where tanks are normally the least armored, the rear.

Also, there's a reason they put miniguns(two, in fact) on the modern-day hawks. You'd be wasting time and fuel if you drop off troops somewhere without making sure they successfully embark on their objective and not die in an ambush.

BTW, the guns will be controlled by a separate gunner. Don't worry, it's extremely hard to get an angle with the Pelican in this game, though the guns will cover a forward-facing 225-degree arc.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] MAC Cannon :D Nov 7, 2010 08:35 AM (Total replies: 226)

Quote: --- Original message by: DA_Ender
TEH PWN

That's a railgun, quite different from the principle behind the MAC.

Time: Tue July 29, 2014 8:53 PM 375 ms.
A Halo Maps Website