A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Superfield
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 16, 2011 06:33 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Sonic the Hedgehog, Legend of Zelda, Mario, Guitar Hero, Metroid, Halo
No copyright law is going to stop me!
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Superfield has contributed to 8 posts out of 469505 total posts (0.00%) in 3,725 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Download Troubles Jan 16, 2011 06:33 PM (Total replies: 9)

I am running Microsoft Security Essentials, but that's it. Could it be the thing preventing the FTP transfer, and how would I go about stopping it from doing that?

EDIT: I tried doing an FTP transfer from someplace else and it didn't work. I don't understand why I can't...
Edited by Superfield on Jan 20, 2011 at 06:41 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Download Troubles Jan 16, 2011 12:34 PM (Total replies: 9)

My version of Firefox is the most current one, so that's not it. I added Firefox to the list of exceptions in Windows Firewall and explicitly opened port 21, so that's not it. The wireless modem I use to connect to the internet allows FTP transfers, so that's not it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Download Troubles Jan 15, 2011 07:22 PM (Total replies: 9)

I've been having a problem downloading files from the site. Yes, I looked over and followed the instructions in the "Common Problems Downloading Files." My problem is that I click the download button and it takes me to a "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at dl3.halomaps.org." page.

Cookies are enabled, I've opened port 21, I don't have Norton or McAfee, I clicked the test link and it said that it was okay, I've done everything. From where I'm standing, I think I might be that other 1% where it's not my Internet settings or firewall that's doing it.

I'm using Firefox (I also have IE, tried using it but same thing happened), I have the standard Windows Firewall, and I use Microsoft Security Essentials. Some help would be greatly appreciated!

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Icon In Lobby? Dec 2, 2009 10:14 AM (Total replies: 2)

Ah, that makes sense. I don't like either of those weapons, so I'll keep my eyes open for servers with that icon. Thank you! :)

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Icon In Lobby? Dec 2, 2009 10:06 AM (Total replies: 2)

This is just a minor question that has me confused. What is that little Halo icon that is next to some servers in the Halo CE lobby?

Halo CE General Discussion » Profile Glitch Oct 4, 2009 02:09 PM (Total replies: 4)

Not sure what you mean by that. Default, I guess.

Halo CE General Discussion » Profile Glitch Oct 2, 2009 12:06 AM (Total replies: 4)

The thing is is that it doesn't just happen when I start a server; for example, if I edit the server filters (which resets itself now, for some reason), and go back, the game flickers a little, I can see part of my desktop (which never happened before), and it changes my profile.

Halo CE General Discussion » Profile Glitch Sep 29, 2009 10:44 PM (Total replies: 4)

Guess what, it's someone who just joined and is asking for help.

Whenever I try and play online, the game switches my normal profile name (Superfield) with the name of a gametype with a couple letters cut off (Classic Sla, Classic Eli, etc). It also adds this profile name to the list of gametypes, and it says I can't delete it because it's a default gametype. If I restart the game, however, I can delete it. It was working fine earlier today.

Time: Tue December 10, 2019 8:07 AM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website