A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: aco
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 19, 2009 10:08 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
aco has contributed to 14 posts out of 469375 total posts (0.00%) in 3,632 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » leaderboard/scoreboard?? Nov 19, 2009 10:08 PM (Total replies: 0)

is there any leaderboad or scoreboard that can be used to stove players scores into db?

would be better if there is someone who is already hosting it, and letting ppl to add their servers too?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Sound compilation Question Nov 12, 2009 01:35 AM (Total replies: 10)

my new maps has 4 mins long song .. so its not http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYTHN3-2dr4

how did you fix it?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Sound compilation Question Nov 10, 2009 11:21 PM (Total replies: 10)

i had same problem .. its not compatible with your os, send wav file to someone to complie it for you .. must be some wrong with ogg.dll or some, i donno, but i sent my files to my friend to compile it, same thing on my comp and same thing on his comp .. he gets no error, i get error just like that .. i think theres not much you can do

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » medusa weapon Nov 10, 2009 12:04 PM (Total replies: 9)

ye death wehn crosshaired, dying from only having someone in sight is too radical dont you think xD

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » race gametype vehicle spawning problem Nov 10, 2009 11:44 AM (Total replies: 4)

i tried on every king ye, maybe its because i set two hills on curved area

edit: ye curved areas where the problem, map is complete, heres a vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYTHN3-2dr4
Edited by aco on Nov 10, 2009 at 11:01 PM
Edited by aco on Nov 10, 2009 at 11:02 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » race gametype vehicle spawning problem Nov 9, 2009 10:16 PM (Total replies: 4)

how?

edit. OMG i see, thanks alot
Edited by aco on Nov 9, 2009 at 10:17 PM

and i have one more problem

my hill dont change after a while, one hill remains during the whole game ..
Edited by aco on Nov 9, 2009 at 10:35 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » race gametype vehicle spawning problem Nov 9, 2009 09:33 PM (Total replies: 4)

i cant get vehicles to spawn on race, i tried everything..

i got 6 vehi total in globals, only 1 i custom, i have player race spawn points

vehicles work fine on other gametypes, but wont appear on race, i donno how to fix this

any ideas?

thanks

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » medusa weapon Nov 9, 2009 09:30 PM (Total replies: 9)

thanks xD

now need to find someone who does scripts, i got no time to learn it myself

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » medusa weapon Nov 5, 2009 11:29 PM (Total replies: 9)

i made this new weapon, and it will have no fire power .. but i wanna make it so if anyone crosshairs you they will die instantly .. any ideas on how this can be done? i know im asking much here whaha, but if you know or think of some posible way .. let me know // thanks

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Sapien: Mildly n00by question Nov 4, 2009 01:49 AM (Total replies: 6)

globals support only 6 vehicles ... you keep your default vehicles ... then add custom vehicle to sapien .. save close .. go to globals .. delete one of custom vehis and add custom one ...

and dont forget to check allowed on gametype you test on .. check default too, cuz it might depend what gametype you load, and what original vehi you have replaced custom one with

i remember having problem with vehicles when i started map making, but its really not that hard
Edited by aco on Nov 4, 2009 at 01:50 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Lights Out BG? Nov 4, 2009 01:41 AM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message: in the sky tag,
change the power of indoor and outdoor ambiant radiosity power and the power and distance at the bottom.

w0rd, i was gonna say that ... put space night sky, or gephyrophobia sky, and lower the sun down by y and ro, so it cant be seen, open every shader and if it has power set it to 0, and set colors to black .. and there you go

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » sapien goes screwwy again Nov 4, 2009 01:36 AM (Total replies: 11)

seems like hardware issue, but in case you screwed some in scenario, when you run tool, right click on cmd or tool++ and do run as admin, and structure and lightmaps it again .. and then try sapien, also with rightclick run as admin ...

if dont work ... do this as last desperate measure, or make copy of your current .scenario, open it in guerilla, and delete all weapons, all scenery, all vehicles, etc .. practicly delete all, and in globals bring back halo default vehicles, and default weps ...

this is a desperate measure ...

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Burning Scenery? Nov 4, 2009 01:21 AM (Total replies: 7)

Quote: --- Original message by:

i see you are quite new to map making, i suggest you take one step at a time, when making a map, you need to keep alot of things on mind at the same time, many people fail to do that, it's why 90% of the maps has issues, most common mistake is that they dont add portals, other ones are that they compile scenario to map, see that there were some error, but they start the map, and it works, so they upload the map anyway, ffs people, when there is an error, it means there is a mistake in you map ...

now i suggest you to get familioar with sapien, make few "variant" kind of maps, you can download from halomaps.org mulitplayer scenario pack, and you will have all you need for sapien .. key thing is to put all in its place, just put what you download ther where it says .. best to copy tags folger from rar and put it into Halo custom edition folder .. merger all folder that it asks, and overwrite every file it asks, because they contain all working files, i assure you that

so get to know sapien, and guirilla too, guirilla is next level, sugest you to get fixed ver of guerilla, called kornman, you have it here on downloads ... when you make you mod, you must run tool to compile to map ...

get Tool++ and compile with that. thing is that you NEED to right click it, and choose Run as Amin, so the map file shows ..

if you import custom made tags, you may find errors, dont delete that scenery or what ever tag it is, but open it in guerilla and fix the red line, which means that files are missing ..

after you do all this and make map, if theres any errors, post the log here, and it will get easily fixed

and if this is all too much for you, take a look at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKHm3yHs9OE

its my video on some biginners noob moding .. its handy to get familiar with tags

cheers
Edited by aco on Nov 4, 2009 at 01:25 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » slide possible? Nov 4, 2009 01:07 AM (Total replies: 8)

Quote: --- Original message by:

probably not

Time: Mon October 14, 2019 11:00 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website