A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: SGWraith
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 27, 2010 03:03 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
[SG] Clan

Post Statistics
SGWraith has contributed to 611 posts out of 469511 total posts (.13%) in 4,990 days (.12 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Gmax Jun 27, 2010 03:03 AM (Total replies: 27)

It should be fine.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Quick question! May 2, 2008 03:30 PM (Total replies: 7)

You could always try Paint.net:

http://www.getpaint.net/download.html

Its free and is comparable to Photoshop.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » halo3 snowbound attempt Apr 19, 2008 04:09 PM (Total replies: 143)

A working H3 force field is pretty easy to do with some scripting. Choking Victim over at www.Modacity.net came up with a good solution for it last fall. You can check it out here: http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?p=157451#post157451

The videos he posted are no longer online because mythica went down last February but I saw them before it happened and it worked sweet.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » AIless multiplayer campaign? Nov 27, 2007 11:22 AM (Total replies: 123)

Multiplayer campaigns sound cool, but something like this also has the potential for asymetrical map play where one side defends a target while the other must destroy it and so forth. Lots of work but if done right could be lots of fun.
Edited by SGWraith on Nov 27, 2007 at 11:23 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » HELP ME!!!please Oct 30, 2007 12:57 PM (Total replies: 10)

A good rule of thumb about hex editor's is that if you have to ask that question you probably shouldn't be using one because of the risk of seriously damaging your computer. And no I'm not kidding.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » flashlight Oct 23, 2007 10:43 AM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: Okay so where do you put <ai encounter>? Do I need to set the name of the encounter, squad, or the biped.

Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422
(units_set_desired_flashlight_state <object_list> <boolean>)

-------------------------------------------^^^^^^^--------

The Ai encounter is an object list, so you would use that command in your script.

Quote: --- Original message by: SGWraith
If you don't have experience in computer programming, you'll want to grab a tutorial on scripting.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Tag request....SISEMIC CHARGES!!!!!!!! Oct 22, 2007 03:01 PM (Total replies: 12)

All those exclamation marks serve only to annoy people, its like typing in all caps. So just don't.

C4 and similiar weapons just aren't balanced enough for good gameplay. The only times I've been killed by c4 is when I have uber noob teammates .. Auto Tk ban for the win though

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » flashlight Oct 22, 2007 12:26 PM (Total replies: 11)

You replace <boolean>, <unit>, and <object_list> when you do the commands. :/

Boolean is a fancy way of saying true or false. 1 is true, 0 is false. You can use that or the actual words as booleans.

A unit is anything that moves, from vehicles to bipeds. Players don't count directly as units but there is a command to convert them to units.

An object_list would be a catagory of things. For example, there is an object_list called players. I imagine there is another called AI, though I bet you could use the ai encounter groups as object lists too.

If you don't have experience in computer programming, you'll want to grab a tutorial on scripting.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Coluseum II release date Oct 20, 2007 12:23 AM (Total replies: 16)

If you never actually mention the release date, why does your thread title say Coluseum II release date? Pictures of something is a lot better then nothing. Why not post pictures of the weapons if you don't want to reveal your map?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Coluseum II release date Oct 18, 2007 08:19 PM (Total replies: 16)

A screenshot is worth a 1000 words, something to think about.

The map sounds interesting, but like the other posts above, post some pics..

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Security Cameras? Oct 18, 2007 12:22 PM (Total replies: 12)

Thats a shame. About the only cool thing I can think of to do with something that limited would be to have a cinematic cutscene triggered by the spawning of a secret vehicle or something.

A little bit more far fetched would be triggering a very short cinematic showing where the king zone is each time it moved. Useful for the bigger more complicated maps but there isn't much purpose to having it.
Edited by SGWraith on Oct 18, 2007 at 12:26 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Who all has seen the H3 monitor game type? Oct 17, 2007 09:21 PM (Total replies: 124)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jake Anderson
But were wud it spawn? ontop of the warthog?

Are you talking about spawning the moniter with devmode? Thats kinda pointless without the scripts (generic no-named monitor = no scripts and no forge-like powers). If you figured out what he named it, you might get that to work but I doubt it.

As to where it would come out, it would either be where he intended it to be ort near the very first vehicle spawn point he placed in sapien. If its somewhere out of reach being used for a vehicle spawn sync script, you're out of luck.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Security Cameras? Oct 17, 2007 09:48 AM (Total replies: 12)

It may be possible to rig something like where you hit flashlight your camera will switch to that one and back but you would only want those in generic places in the middle because you can't detect teams without special setups which aren't fool proof.

Edited by SGWraith on Oct 17, 2007 at 09:51 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » H2 dual wielding? Oct 8, 2007 09:35 PM (Total replies: 13)

IE not everyone is on the same page which will cause problems.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » All CMT members please read this. Oct 7, 2007 11:14 AM (Total replies: 70)

Quote: --- Original message by: DSalimander
well, when you protect maps--because you think the people who play your maps are too immature to use the tags in it for their own gain--the people who play the maps will exploit any if all methods to get tags, or the tags themselves from the maps. thus, if you would have kept your tags unprotected, people probably wouldn't act the way they do about them and CMT would be more respected by everyone (even me.) (please pardon the run-ons)

This reminds me of an experience I had long ago. Went to the local pool and had the foresight to bring a lock with me. When I pulled it out, some nooby kids in there had the nerve to complain about it, lol. They had intended to take my stuff or look through it while I was out in the pool so I had a good laugh at their stupidity and went on to have a good day.

Not having their maps protected wouldn't change anything for the better because noobs just have no respect for good work.

Edited by SGWraith on Oct 7, 2007 at 11:15 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » H2 dual wielding? Oct 6, 2007 07:15 PM (Total replies: 13)

Quote: --- Original message by: MBA_Wraith
Kenney has a script to dual weild. But I dunno if it syncs. Anyway - you can create duals, but they have to be a separate weapon - like you pick up dual magnums, not one, then another.

It doesn't - he told me so.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Well. Oct 6, 2007 07:09 PM (Total replies: 3)

First off your thread title is somewhat lacking - be more descriptive next time. Nooby titles like OMG PLZ HELP, and incomplete sentence titles in this case, tell us nothing and don't get you help faster. They're also extremely annoying so I wouldn't be surprised if most people ignore threads with titles like that either.

Second, you waited a whole 23 minutes - big whoop, this is a forum, not a hotline so have some patience. I've waited a few hours on some of my questions..

Third, you should be looking either in your data\levels folder or your tags\levels folder. The default installation of halo is c:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition so look in there for data\levels and tags\levels. Your models and raw resource files like scripts and all that belong in data - compiled stuff ends up in tags.
Edited by SGWraith on Oct 6, 2007 at 07:12 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » H2 dual wielding? Oct 6, 2007 04:54 PM (Total replies: 13)

Yup, it doesn't sync so for duel wielding get H2 or H3 because it can't happen in ce.

Pressing action would be device related stuff.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Who all has seen the H3 monitor game type? Sep 29, 2007 12:24 PM (Total replies: 124)

Ya, I was fairly disappointed in the reaction. Conscars made some comments that were "apparently" misunderstood by Kirby.. I interpreted it the same way that Kirby did, that he was saying the project would fail and that nothing good comes from here. Now Kirby might get labeled a noob for "misunderstanding" what he said..

Time: Thu December 12, 2019 8:23 AM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website