A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Sliding Ghost
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 16, 2010 04:04 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Halo PC, Halo 3
I kill War Chieftains like this guy.

Post Statistics
Sliding Ghost has contributed to 14 posts out of 469346 total posts (0.00%) in 3,565 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Quote: --- Original message by: Hydrogen
because there animations dont support energy sword melle so its useless to them.... i would take it off of them and give them like a ar
Ok, but how do I make them use the AR melee? I've done everything I could think of. Made modifications to the Actor and Actor Variant tag and I've even gone to the Weapons tag and checked AI use weapons melee and it still doesn't work.

Ok everyone, I finally figured out why they aren't throwing grenades. Turns out that Spartans need the enemy radius field filled in to throw grenades. I set it at 3.5 and now they're doing exactly what I want them to.

However, I still can't figure out how to make them melee. I've made the Energy Sword usable by using HHT by swapping the 2nd antr tag with the Plasma Rifle and modified the actor and actor variants for my Spartans and they still won't melee.

Quote: --- Original message by: l283023
Unless you want to inject all the tags for the sky tag, including the model and bitmaps, I wouldn't suggest that. It is useful to inject things such as custom model animations, actor and actor varients from custom maps, scenario tag with scripts, custom HUD tags (including replacing corresponding bitmaps), and not a whole lot else.
Ok. Thanks for the tip.
Edited by Sliding Ghost on Jun 16, 2010 at 11:59 AM
Edited by Sliding Ghost on Jun 16, 2010 at 12:00 PM

um dood you know the greande throw chance goes up to 100??

so when u put it on 8 thats like 1% of the time put 84
I put it at 8 because if I put it at a number with two or more digits, the AI don't throw grenades. If what you say is true, for some reason the grenade chance goes up to 10 instead of 100.

Did you know that once you make your mod with HEK, you can convert it using Harbinger.
http://www.modhalo.net/index.php?/topic/6128-harbinger-ce-to-pc-map-converter/
Interesting. I've used Halo Map Version converter to convert my Halo CE maps to Halo PC maps so I could edit them using HMT but I didn't know I could play the Halo CE maps on Halo PC. I think I'll take a look.

Did you know that you could inject the meta data of Halo PC's with that of CE's?
Does that mean I can use custom made skies?
Edited by Sliding Ghost on Jun 16, 2010 at 12:36 AM

Quote: --- Original message by: Corvette19
Man I miss modding Halo PC.. Was good stuff ^_^
Now, let me tell you... I modded PC for a few years, and now I've moved on to CE, like a while back. Ever since I moved on to CE I've been able to do much more than I could with modding. The tools are a bit more difficult to get used to, but once you do it's easy. You should take some time messing with the HEK, and trust me that PC modding will help you. :D
You can do more? It's easy? Man, I've been missing out! I definitely got to try out HEK! Thanks for the help!

Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
You should move onto CE, as you could accomplish so much more. For example,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brJmVuebPMA

Also, spartans cannot use energy swords because they don't have the animations to.

It's also difficult to tweak that in Halo PC. However, in CE, you could change the animations, or use custom animations for the sword.
Incredible! That HUD is amazing!

Thanks! That's what I needed to know.

Is it possible in Halo PC? Change the animations?

Quote: --- Original message by: Niels
I skiped modding PC and I'm just modding CE for a few months now but I think most of you guys agree that CE does not offer enough 'open space' for moddification yet. There is to that is defined by halo's engine and we haven't got the tools to make RELALLY good multiplayer maps. For example we have a very limitit amount of options to script whit and no recorded animations. It's just not the 100% YES I CAN MOD EVERYTHING I LIKE feeling that I did get whit other moddeble games. I feel like moving on to the bungie team but that's not gonna happen :P. And all this after just a few months... I wish bungie put the doors open instead of only handing us some key.
I left Halo CE simply because I couldn't get the AI to throw grenades. Apparently, it's some kind of transfer problem from Halo PC or something.

Halo PC and Halo CE are definitely not the same. I know not how to deal with these issues using a Halo PC map editor; only how using HEK.
So it's not possible using HMT or HHT?

grr ur lucky i still remember how to do this its been like two years

1. for spartans go into there biped check has grenades or how many it spawns with then go in to the eactor and actor variant put find grenade something should say throw or somtin if it asks u ratio or how often put 50% so 50 % of the time it will.

then check how many nades it comes with....
Using HMT and Phenomena's 64 plugins and there are no grenades options for the Spartans bipeds.

I already tried that a few weeks ago. I said, "I even tried increasing the velocity." I put the grenade throwing velocity to 60, the grenade chance to 8, and chose visible target.
Edited by Sliding Ghost on Jun 15, 2010 at 04:30 PM

Now I play Halo PC, not Halo CE, but they're the same thing, right?

So I swapped the Marine biped with the Spartan biped and now they rarely throw grenades. I even tried increasing the velocity. How do I make them throw grenades when they see a Elite?

Also, I made Plasma Rifle wielding Spartans wield the Energy Sword.

I made the Energy Sword have the antr of the Plasma Rifle. I also copied off the Elite Commander actor variant, but they [the Plasma Rifle wielding Spartans] won't engage any enemy in combat. How do I make them swing the sword?

Halo CE General Discussion » Delete this map Feb 6, 2010 11:13 PM (Total replies: 2)

Quote: --- Original message by: lockon0830
dennis wont remove anything. i know its stupid
I don't have a problem with that, although that is disappointing.

Halo CE General Discussion » Delete this map Feb 6, 2010 11:08 PM (Total replies: 2)

Can a moderator remove these two maps from Halo CE Maps?

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5058

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5125

I uploaded the wrong map for the first one and the second one is not the most recent version.

This is the most recently updated map:

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5137
Edited by Sliding Ghost on Feb 6, 2010 at 11:10 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » My new map Incursion Jan 18, 2010 11:18 PM (Total replies: 7)

Quote: --- Original message by: olly12345
Elite with sword C-C-C-COMBO-BREAKER!

Anyway nice Mod but i suggest doing things like this for halo PC as you'll get a better reception there.
Thanks. Wish I could, but I can't. I'm not really much of a modder. I'm just a Halo 3 player. I just happened to have some spare time and a day.

Quote: --- Original message by: Hr3shy
pics?
Watch the video.
Edited by Sliding Ghost on Jan 18, 2010 at 11:19 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » My new map Incursion Jan 17, 2010 06:25 PM (Total replies: 7)

Thanks.
Edited by Sliding Ghost on Jan 18, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » My new map Incursion Jan 17, 2010 02:49 PM (Total replies: 7)

I have made a new map and uploaded it both to Halo CE Maps and another website but I don't know if I uploaded the correct map.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqX-jXeL2-o

I took the map from the AppData folder. Is this the correct location?

Can someone test it out and see if it looks like the one in the video?
Edited by Sliding Ghost on Jan 17, 2010 at 02:50 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How do you rename a map? Dec 20, 2009 10:09 PM (Total replies: 7)

All the campaign mods on the site are named with the default names, just so it fits into the campaign maps list. If you do want to rename it, it'll require use of HEK.

Ok.
Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5
Quote: --- Original message by: Nexus Halo
I've been told if you open the map in notepad and replaced the map name with the one you want it will be changed in the game but don't quote me on that.

Yes, if you open it in notepad/wordpad/xvi32 and look for the name (should be in the first line)
and rename it (must be the same number of characters)
then save as a new file with the same name you just gave it, then you should be fine.
ex:
I open a10
find a10 in map code
replace with q69
save as...
q69.map

but it won't load like a default campaign map now. You have to use "map_name q69"
Interesting.
Edited by Sliding Ghost on Jan 18, 2010 at 11:21 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How do you rename a map? Dec 18, 2009 12:52 PM (Total replies: 7)

Quote: --- Original message by: Xel
you can rename it using a hex editor, but the map name would have to be 3 letters also...

well, you could recoursively extract the map with hek+ and recompile with a .scenario name that fits you

Can you tell me how to extract the map and recompile? I am not very familiar with this program. I just downloaded it.

I'm pretty sure Dennis accepts campaign mods named as they are.

Really? Well, I still want to rename the map so I don't have to violate anything.

Quote: --- Original message by: Nexus Halo
I've been told if you open the map in notepad and replaced the map name with the one you want it will be changed in the game but don't quote me on that.

Yeah, it didn't work.
Edited by Sliding Ghost on Dec 18, 2009 at 12:56 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How do you rename a map? Dec 17, 2009 03:58 PM (Total replies: 7)

Hello,

I recently submitted a map to Halo CE, but the trouble is, I wasn't able to rename it so I have my doubts that it will be accepted. Therefore, I have come here to ask questions concerning this.

The problem is I do not use HEK, and instead I use HMT and Halo Map Version Converter http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1082.

How do I rename my map? I want to rename a modded variant of Assault on the Control Room I made, the b40 map.

Time: Fri September 20, 2019 11:02 AM 328 ms.
A Halo Maps Website