A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: averagejoe_85
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 21, 2010 09:18 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
averagejoe_85 has contributed to 20 posts out of 469387 total posts (0.00%) in 3,580 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Death of a good video card. Mar 21, 2010 09:18 PM (Total replies: 10)

sveet

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Official H3MT Thread Mar 21, 2010 03:18 PM (Total replies: 487)

There is a team over in general discussion working on Citadel, http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=30870 have a look.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Death of a good video card. Mar 21, 2010 03:15 PM (Total replies: 10)

Back when all I had was PCI I bought a used X1300 that was made by visiontek. It was the best thing on the PCI bus. They now make an X1550 for PCI which would be a good bet.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Death of a good video card. Mar 21, 2010 02:14 PM (Total replies: 10)

WTF? your 1.6ghz P4 processor is in a motherboard with a PCI Express 2.0 slot?
Edited by averagejoe_85 on Mar 21, 2010 at 02:17 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Halo on the iphone Mar 20, 2010 09:32 PM (Total replies: 42)

lolz, thankz. Today I completed radar, sweeper included.

BTW July I will have the repo set up and I will get some servers together and get a matchmaking beta going. Thanks,

Average Joe

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Official H3MT Thread Mar 20, 2010 07:40 PM (Total replies: 487)

Can I has trailer????

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Halo on the iphone Mar 16, 2010 09:33 PM (Total replies: 42)

Hey, I got back to working on this project over march break, heres a video I captured of me messing around in game. Sorry about the quality of the video. Thanks for the suggestion Maniac, I used the script to get the SMG from the Halo 3 beta tags. I'd also like to thank avp Dragon for the halo 3 weapon icons. If anyone has any content lying around that they could contribute, just let me know. Thanks

Average Joe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjNwe3-87Dk

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Official H3MT Thread Mar 15, 2010 05:20 PM (Total replies: 487)

Is there anyway I can play this map before it comes out? Thanks

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Official H3MT Thread Feb 27, 2010 05:39 PM (Total replies: 487)

It's late next week, where's my trailer!!! JKJK, Can't wait to see narrows. What are the frame rates for foundry like?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Official H3MT Thread Feb 20, 2010 08:34 PM (Total replies: 487)

If you are seriously looking to change sounds, have a listen to these. They have filtered out the background noise properly. They were capped by the guys at kochinima.net. Heres the DL link.

http://rapidshare.com/files/206399144/Halo_3_Sounds.zip

Can't wait for these maps to be released!!!!!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Halo on the iphone Feb 16, 2010 06:27 PM (Total replies: 42)

- HUD Zoom overlays for any weapons.
- HUD crosshairs for the BR, the one I am using right now is pretty sad.
- Foundry Skybox textures
- HUD textures for any weapons
- Muzzle flash textures for any weapons
- A Halo 3 styled elite model and textures
- Models and textures for any weapons in halo 3

Basically I have to generalize this, I will take anything that anyone has laying around that could possibly be used in a halo 3 remake and I will implement it into the game. If there are enough textures and BSP data for a map other than foundry, I would love to get working on getting those maps in game. Thanks for the reply

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Halo on the iphone Feb 16, 2010 06:19 PM (Total replies: 42)

Hey, your right Kustrin, I'll get around to adding in those FP hands shortly, it's on a very long list. lately I have been working on gameplay and trying to keep my frame rates up.

As you can see, there is still a lot of content missing so if anyone on this forum has content that they would be willing to donate to the project, just let me know. Credit will definitely be provided. Thanks forum

Average Joe

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Halo on the iphone Jan 31, 2010 10:53 PM (Total replies: 42)

Hey, I figured I could kill two birds with one stone here. I compiled a custom build of the software just for the ipad. So ya, my engine can support tons of different weapons, it's just that I am a programmer, not an artist, therefore the sniper shown in this picture looks pretty sad looking. Welcome to the world of no shaders!

In terms of the muzzle flash, I want to have a flash that is identical to the one used in halo 3, I would not know where to start man. If you know where I can find a good muzzle flash texture just let me know. My problems surrounding this project are not programming problems but simply asset collection problems. I am a one man band in high school and halo 3 was created by a team of over 30 engineers who are professionals at what they do. I can't wait to see how this works out!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Halo on the iphone Jan 31, 2010 04:38 PM (Total replies: 42)

Done!

All I need now is a muzzle flash animation. Any ideas?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Halo on the iphone Jan 30, 2010 11:17 PM (Total replies: 42)

Hey, I just finished my exams and my projects for computer science class, so now I will have more time to work on this project. Since my last post I have figured out how I will do networking and autodiscovery over wifi and I have implemented a copy of the halo 3 medals system. Basically right now my problems are centred around the menus and the HUD.

What should I do for the main menu backdrop(3D)?
Does anyone have textures for any parts of the halo 3 hud that they would be willing to share?
Does anyone know what font was used for the halo 3 kill feed?

Anyways, I'm sorry to bother you with all of these questions. Here are some screens of todays progress.

I have a spare this semester so I will have a lot more time to work on this project.
Any criticism or ideas would be appreciated, if you want to help out with the project, just add me on skype(averagejoe_85).

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Halo on the iphone Jan 1, 2010 11:25 PM (Total replies: 42)

"Its going to be pretty hard to get superb graphics and a decent framerate since iPod touches don't have graphics processers" -Greenfuzz

I just want to clear up that every iphone and ipod touch has a GPU, it's a POWERVR MBX Graphics Processing Unit (GPU). The 3GS has a SGX witch supports a programmable pipeline(shaders). The ipod touch even has a floating point unit coupled with the GPU. It is hard to get a high frame rates but I have been working hard and I keep it all above 30 frames per second! It's all about optimization.

Anyways, this build will run on pre 2.0 versions no problem. I don't really want to leave the repo until last because I want to make sure that contributors to see the latest result of their work and make suggestions and feature requests. I have provisioning profiles but I believe that you need a mac to install them.

These models are from all over the place, some are so simple that I re-did them in code to be more efficient.

Thanks the response Nugget, I don't need proof of your skills, you have been around on the forum for a while and have tons of posts. I'm going to go with skype though because it's pretty cross platform. My skype name is averagejoe_85. Anyone who wants to talk about this project can add me.

Thanks,

Average Joe

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Halo on the iphone Jan 1, 2010 09:51 AM (Total replies: 42)

Thanks for the reply xel, right now I have concocted my own system for model animation so that things don't slow down to much so I have a 10 frame animation for the recoil from shooting the BR in place. There is no reload animation in place but that is just because I am to lazy. The br is a real with 1300 verts, the only problem is that to keep things efficient I keep to only one texture per model. So since the textures for the BR I have are all split up, the BR looks horrible right now. I have not bothered to enable lighting yet but just so people know, there is no shader support on the 1st gen ipods and iphones so that's why everything looks so bland. I have not finished texture mapping foundry yet, half of it is missing and there are a couple of faces that have the totally wrong tex coords. Thanks

Average Joe

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Halo on the iphone Dec 31, 2009 04:12 PM (Total replies: 42)

Thanks a lot for the reply, i'll be putting together a cydia repo for the project and since I don't have a jailbroken iphone, I will need someone to make sure that my releases actually work on jailbroken devices.(I'm developing on a 8gig 1st gen ipod). The reason that I came to this forum is because there is a lot of talent here and the halo ce engine is a bit older and works best with lower poly models and textures. My engine to requires lower poly models and textures. I figure I would post some screenshots so that people can criticize and complain. Enjoy. So I was about to post embedded images below until the forum told me I have to wait 4 days. Heres the links anyways

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2627/4231435577_568a307fb5_o.png
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2721/4231434001_9803d532de_o.png
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4029/4231436011_970afc65e6_o.png
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2694/4232202660_12682ca05e_o.png
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4071/4232203222_26dd930a5d_o.png

Average Joe

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Halo on the iphone Dec 30, 2009 11:15 PM (Total replies: 42)

Hey, I re-registered for this forum because I was wondering if anyone here was still interested moving halo over to the iphone. I have been working on the engine for it over the last couple of weeks and I am working on a multiplayer remake of the map 'Foundry' from halo 3. The biggest problem for me is not the programming aspect but finding textures and models. So if anyone wants to see a demo or has some low poly models of halo stuff that would be great. If you wan't to be a part of this you can do just about anything, test, model, texture map, create your own textures, it's all good. I doubt anyone will look at this thread but if someone does that would be awesome. Some people in this forum will point out that there already is a halo clone on the iphone but the problem with that is that someone just took someone elses engine and tried to implant all of halo's textures and models. The problem is that to get a reasonable frame rate, they had to downgrade all of the textures and polycounts to keep a reasonable frame rate. The result of this was terrible. I am interested in pushing the graphics limits of the iphone while having some fun along the way. I will release it for jailbroken devices in the end but if someone doesn't want to jailbreak, I have enough provisioning profiles for good testers. Thanks

Average Joe

Time: Fri October 18, 2019 8:31 AM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website