A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Sprinkle
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 14, 2016 04:04 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
Sprinkle has contributed to 238 posts out of 469462 total posts (.05%) in 3,608 days (.07 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Quote: --- Original message by: War Master V
inb4 Sparky
If I live to be 100 I will NEVER understand the motivation for posts like this: "inb4" Whether intended or not they make the poster look like a small child waving his hands at the adults searching for attention.

He's getting the attention of the wrong person then. Sparky will probably try to kidnap and murder him.

Don't sticky this, no one should see this. This is just more propaganda.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2015/02/23/marijuana-may-be-even-safer-than-previously-thought-researchers-say/

You should be saying no to alcohol. Say yes to weed, you just might live longer.

Halo CE General Discussion » Zeus Feb 11, 2015 08:18 PM (Total replies: 382)

Quote: --- Original message by: gruntfromhalo

Quote: --- Original message by: Maniac1000
You should move in next door to me :)
<3

Quote: --- Original message by: Sprinkle

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
Speak for yourself, because you are actually the only person you can ever represent.

You must not be a team player. Almost everything in life is subdivided such that an individual represents the group as a whole. You know the president for your country, boss/team lead for your job, etc.

But that doesn't mean they actually represent the person's needs, desires, feelings, whatever, it just means that, for practical purposes, they're delegated to do so to the best of their abilities. If you think about it on a deeper level, they can't truly represent a person, even if they specifically ask the person how the feel about something and just quote that, there's still the emotion behind the voice, body language, whatever, that can't be communicated, and this the "representation" is only an imitation of the actual members' feelings in said group. And sometimes, with stuff like the Vietnam war, they do a bloody terrible job of it and you'd have to be stupid to say the president truly represents the people of the US. However of course for practical purposes choosing representatives and delegating work is necessary for efficient operation of the complex lego set we've turned the world into. So on a practical level you can I guess have representatives but in reality you can't.
Edited by gruntfromhalo on Feb 10, 2015 at 11:56 PM

Of course we are not a collective like the "Borg", if everyone shared all the same feelings about everything then there would be no individuality. The leader speaks on behalf of a group even if not every single one of them is in approval of all their decisions. In any case you were implying he was trying to free himself of some sort of responsibility (what responsibility i don't even know cause his comment was a lot less harmless than the psychopathic comment you made about your intent to strangle children).

Also want to know how deranged you have to be to threaten children with kidnapping and murder over the internet, care to comment since you completely skipped over that in your last post.
Edited by Sprinkle on Feb 11, 2015 at 08:19 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Zeus Feb 10, 2015 11:15 PM (Total replies: 382)

Speak for yourself, because you are actually the only person you can ever represent.

You must not be a team player. Almost everything in life is subdivided such that an individual represents the group as a whole. You know the president for your country, boss/team lead for your job, etc.

Quote: This thread is for discussing my Zeus project. Please only provide intelligent and meaningful replies directly pertaining to this. Dennis has already given warning that personal insults will not be tolerated; if those continue regardless, even in an underhanded presentation, I will need to stop sharing with this community my plans and my work. Thank you.

I'm fine with you not sharing your work, lol this community has survived as long as it has without your contributions. The way inwhich you speak with all that ignorance and arrogance just to fit your needs. Is this your first time on the internet? If you can't handle some strangers hurtful words it begs the question be asked if you should even be in a community let alone be interacting with them directly. Why should i have to censor myself due to an underwhelming individual's insecurities of themselves. If you are going to jump off a bridge because of a comment on the internet i honestly have no idea how you are going to get through life with that petty of a resolve.

Quote: Most kids on the internet do not realize that murderers and kidnappers exist. They flaunt disrespect and callous words like rice at a wedding ceremony, yet they feel somehow safe because they cannot see the human faces of those they insult. How insulated from harm will they feel when their snide remarks place them in a chokehold? How much longer will they cause harm with their folly?

Is this some sad attempt to try and scare people? I always laugh when you make someone mad on the internet and then they try and threaten you by saying they'll come find you. Say some random Scheiße like they are gonna come kill you. Empty threats. Seriously Dennis, i can't hurt this guy's feelings but this guy can imply kidnapping and instilling bodily harm to children. Ok, that logic seems fine, so long as his feelings aren't hurt.

Wadda joke.
Edited by Sprinkle on Feb 10, 2015 at 11:18 PM
Edited by Sprinkle on Feb 10, 2015 at 11:19 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Blitzkrieg for newer versions of 3dsMax? Feb 7, 2015 12:01 AM (Total replies: 19)

Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
Quote: --- Original message by: FrostyCyphre
Stop linking to outdated crap you plebs.

This one did a worse job than CAD's animation exporter on max 2013 though.

Animation in 3ds max:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPTh_uVpW1I

What I got:
http://puu.sh/fwCPD/181e40d7e8.jpg

Create an issue report with the max and halo files you used. If you don't want me to have your model just replace it with a stick figure. I don't understand when people run into an issue they just label it crap and abandon it. Everything is fixable, simply some developers don't have the time to test every conceivable possibility of settings and configurations. If you don't report an issue i'll just assume it's running perfectly fine since i don't use it outside the couple of tests i do.

https://github.com/sprinkle131313/junglegym/issues/new

Quote: --- Original message by: rododoonceagain

Something's not right. I have 3DS Max 2013 and Junglejym 2013 in my plugin folder. When I go to export, however, there is no option for exporting as JMA\JMS\anything that seems to be tool-able.

EDIT: It is not a valid win32 application. But this time I am using the right one.
Edited by rododoonceagain on Feb 5, 2015 at 04:45 PM

I only built the 64-bit binaries, 3ds max is 64-bit only since 2014. If you are running 32-bit version of 3ds max try installing 64-bit version if you can. If you are actually using a 32-bit only CPU with a 32-bit version of windows then i'll build the libraries for it sometime. I don't think you are unless you are running a 10+ year old computer.
Edited by Sprinkle on Feb 7, 2015 at 12:01 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [POLL] Zeus Code Release Dec 30, 2014 03:36 PM (Total replies: 35)

Quote: Sparky wrote:
The Windows version of Zeus will probably be in C#, just like this Zeus Simple Version is. The Mac version of Zeus is in Objective-C. I'm trying to use the "standard" programming languages for each operating system, rather than using a baseline programming or scripting language that is run on both, which would include options like Java and Python. It seems that:

Objective-C: Mac as C#: Windows

Since you locked the other thread i'll slap some sense into you in this one instead.. Why the foobar are you writing your program twice and in two difference languages. You are just setting yourself up to fail, twice the work for pretty much no benefit. Pick a language stick with it, the majority have ways of working on multiple operating systems.

Halo CE General Discussion » Abuse Sparky... Seriously Nov 9, 2014 05:23 PM (Total replies: 17)

What a unique way to tell everyone you are a masochist, Sparky. I wish you good fortunes on your future erotic endeavors.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Working on new main interface for Zeus Nov 8, 2014 07:01 PM (Total replies: 28)

I try to do fun things for you guys, but like a schoolteacher trying to teach 4-year-olds how to play a fun new game, sometimes, they just won't listen.

Probably because they don't find the game fun, or give a shiat, i doubt the majority of children even want to go to school.

Quote: They insult me, then blame me for feeling insulted. I believe those kinds of people have a special, unescapable punishment awaiting them at the hand of the one who is greater than all.

I think you are over exaggerating here, that or you just take too much weight with what people say on the internet. If you think you have it bad, just search for people actually being harassed on the internet, there's no shortage of people that get death/rape/etc threats online (even Gabe Newell isn't immune to it, http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/20/7024585/gabe-newell-death-threat-paranautical-activity-steam-valve). You believe "god" is going to punish someone cause they insulted you on the internet, lol oh man, yah i'm with you on that, f forgiveness and let's condemn people for something so meaningless.

Halo CE General Discussion » Release Halo CE Source Code Sep 24, 2014 10:06 AM (Total replies: 56)

Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker
Kornmann all by him self is like worth 50 of us mappers.

To translate that into monetary terms, a mint condition kornmann unopened and no nasty crinkling on the box package could be worth upwards of $30000.00000

The average mapper was recently appraised by sotherby's @ $-75
'
Kornman isn't a mapper though, just like he isn't a criminal master mind to try and steal the halo source code. He probably couldn't create a decent map if his life depended on it. It's a different skillset. You're worshiping someone too much.

Halo CE General Discussion » Release Halo CE Source Code Sep 23, 2014 05:34 PM (Total replies: 56)

Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
Kornman is one of the developers of OS if you didn't know.

That doesn't change the question at all.

Halo CE General Discussion » Realtime Thingamabober Editor Sep 23, 2014 04:40 PM (Total replies: 51)

It uses vs2013 compiler, so you are gonna need the 2013 (x86) runtime libraries. As stated in the bold text.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784
Edited by Sprinkle on Sep 23, 2014 at 04:42 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Release Halo CE Source Code Sep 23, 2014 04:27 PM (Total replies: 56)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
Waiting is a lot easier than making a game, even though you would be waiting for many, many years.

Unless it's already been in development for many years vOv.

Quote: --- Original message by: Wolf_
Already got the source code, not sharing though.

On a completely different but related note : Your effort is valiant, but sadly not needed nor in the scope of possible things that Microsoft ever would give us.

Same here :D, high five.

Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker
The game industry is rife with start ups each trying to stake there claim on the Video game market. It wouldn't make much sense for bungie 343i or whoever currently holds the files to give what has been the sole provider of there success to the world so someone else can reign over them.

I mean, if you leave a door open a rat will move in.

The code isn't really the reason why the halo games are successful, they did something first, that impression has lasted for generations. There really isn't anything anyone could learn from Halo 1's source code that would give them an edge or profit especially in today's bloated market. Doom 3's source code was released, if it helped anyone get a profit it would be amateur/future game developers that were able to see the source of a production level game engine. Let's not forget UE4 is open source right now as well, it's probably benefited them more than having closed source, as they now have people working for them for free to fix bugs or add features that they so desire. If anything a better reason would be microsoft doesn't want to invest the money it would take to make the source code open source compatible. Maybe they are using a proprietary library that isn't exactly open source compatible (such as Havok that every halo but 1 uses).

Quote: Especially, if those "better" and more "popular" games are simply free DL games or DLC content. Nobody would think to buy anything from the owners of halo again save just to keep up with the social trends e.t.c

See above, halo's brand is more popular than anything some no body can scrounge up from halo 1's source code. There already are a bunch of halo clones out there, i don't really see them making more cash than halo 4.

Quote: Of course but you need to be Kornmann x a 1000 to be clever enough to crack and locate the code. Even then however it doesn't mean it would spark better content for custom edition.

What's a kornman measured in? In any case i bet my kornman is bigger than yours :P.

Halo CE General Discussion » Realtime Thingamabober Editor Sep 23, 2014 03:55 PM (Total replies: 51)

I had some fixes for a while, but i wasn't getting any complaints about them so.. i only assume no one needed them. Updated first post.

Halo CE General Discussion » Release Halo CE Source Code Sep 21, 2014 08:18 PM (Total replies: 56)

If you want to play halo on linux, it works perfectly fine through wine.

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
It's probably the worst OS to develop a game for, even Windows Phone is preferable. Android hardware is all over the map.

Who cares if the hardware is everywhere? It's not hard to set a minimum requirement. Eg, the nvidia shield. What's worse is apple ignoring everything else out there and only supporting it's only little bubble world. In any case you could just use UE4/Unity/etc which supports android so you don't have to worry about any of that.

Halo CE General Discussion » Release Halo CE Source Code Sep 20, 2014 02:22 PM (Total replies: 56)

Quote: --- Original message by: DexterS4source code of the halo engine and so the community fan increase the halo graphics gameplay

Tbh, if that's the only reason you want the source code released, i would not want it to then. If you want better graphics and gameplay changes, there is Halo 2,3,odst,reach,4,5, etc... The stuff CMT is doing, ie making halo clones all while ruining what makes halo 1 halo 1, is not some thing i want 100 other teams doing, even if 99% of them fail as they normally do.

Halo CE General Discussion » Junglegym - exporter Aug 31, 2014 08:14 PM (Total replies: 0)

Well this has just been sitting in my folder for a while, the 2010-2013 binaries are old, they are as they are, i don't really feel like getting those versions of max again, unless nobody has 2015. I don't think animations work, but JMS should, at least i tested with a bloodgulch model for 2015.

Basically a model (maybe animation) exporter for 3ds Max 2010-2013, 2015 (2010-2013 untested for a couple years...) that doesn't use maxscript but the SDK is just as awful...

If i get enough feedback i might revive this... Should work with the same setup as the usual halo model setup.

Open sourced it after refactoring the code, the only thing that prevents plugins from being used is the VERSION_3DSMAX macro, so the code shouldn't really need to be modified just compiled with the appropriate sdk.

Also if you run into an issue please notify me of it. I can't fix something if i don't know about. Don't just try it, run into an error and throw it away.

Download:
https://github.com/sprinkle131313/junglegym/releases/

Old Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/az5tindvqdfxrj4/junglegym.zip

Put the appropriate version into your 3ds max plugin folder.

Edited by Sprinkle on Sep 8, 2014 at 07:01 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Realtime Thingamabober Editor Jun 11, 2014 08:13 PM (Total replies: 51)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61fKL48-VrY

I wouldn't expect anything any time soon though, that's not halo for those that don't notice the small things.
Edited by Sprinkle on Jun 11, 2014 at 08:13 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Realtime Thingamabober Editor Jun 9, 2014 04:55 AM (Total replies: 51)

Lol yah, you are welcome to look through the .json files, i just commented out the tag because the fields inside didn't add up to the size halo said it was suppose to be. Could just set the "sizeof" the block to be whatever the error spits out it should be.

If it can't find the halo window then it probably doesnt have the permissions to see it. Say, you start halo with "run as admin", and the editor without admin. It won't be able to find said window.
Edited by Sprinkle on Jun 9, 2014 at 04:57 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Realtime Thingamabober Editor Jun 3, 2014 01:18 PM (Total replies: 51)

Quote: --- Original message by: 1bobsam1

Really? That's a surprise, figured he would have to update the offsets for the program. Assuming that's the way it works.

I guess if it did, then Open Sauce and HAC would work with no issues either. So never mind about my above assumption.
Edited by 1bobsam1 on Jun 1, 2014 at 12:00 PM

The map data has to be loaded at a specific address since all the pointers in the map file are preset. It does so using VirtualAlloc, so no matter the version it'll always use the same address.

There's no point integrating halo into it, it provides no benefit in terms of editing. It'd just be a gimmick, which i don't really have time to waste implementing.

Quote: --- Original message by: ASCENDANTJUSTICE
One, teensyweensy wittle ting.

Google chrome won't let me download it because it thinks the file is homo.

I'm not decrediting you Sprinkles or your work.

But other ppl have downloaded this right without any unintended pc rape?

Wight?

Yah google chrome can be a bitch about some archive files like that, specifically zip i think it complains about. Which is stupid as it is just about the only archive file type that Windows knows how to open natively.

Halo CE General Discussion » Realtime Thingamabober Editor Apr 15, 2014 01:49 PM (Total replies: 51)

Updates.

Time: Tue November 19, 2019 6:35 AM 218 ms.
A Halo Maps Website