A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Echo77
About Contact
Last Post: Apr 30, 2020 10:52 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Halo: Custom Edition
Humble thyself and hold thy tongue.

Post Statistics
Echo77 has contributed to 3309 posts out of 465509 total posts (.71%) in 3,601 days (.92 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Apr 30, 2020 10:52 PM (Total replies: 14987)

Quote: --- Original message by: OHunterO
Any old members still put work on here or even touch this game?

A lot of it is on Discord now, but people are definitely still doing stuff (to the point where even I'm starting to dip my toes back into modding).

I also saw someone had made a replica of the pre-Xbox Spartan and that was pretty cool.

I assume it's because it's easier to port or borrow an existing asset than it is to come up with a brand new idea and construct it from the ground up to level of quality they'd deem acceptable. When I was modding, I didn't know how to 3D model and had little inclination to learn, so I made use of the extensive number of tags that were already available and edited stats accordingly if I wanted them to do something a little different.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1242290378109145094

The early minigun was designated as the "A&W (or ASW) Needler," based on the HUD messages.
Edited by Echo77 on Mar 24, 2020 at 01:20 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Is CE abandonware? Mar 14, 2020 02:31 AM (Total replies: 49)

You're a hero

Halo CE General Discussion » Is CE abandonware? Mar 13, 2020 03:28 PM (Total replies: 49)

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
Instead, you go and break your own forum rules.

Everyone who responds to you is breaking a forum rule because we're not supposed to respond to spammers >:

Halo CE General Discussion » any good mods available? Mar 4, 2020 04:05 PM (Total replies: 11)

The Covert Ops campaign is pretty neat in that it implements RPG-style elements and dialogue options. There are six parts (E10, E20, E30, E40, E50, E60).

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Firefight: Heir of The Old Lords Feb 14, 2020 04:04 AM (Total replies: 9)

Would you happen to have an alternate download source? MEGA fails every time I try to download something from it.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Firefight: Heir of The Old Lords Feb 7, 2020 08:03 PM (Total replies: 9)

I normally don't care much for Firefight but there's so much neat-looking content in here I can't not check it out (I didn't even realize there was going to be an Excavator).

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Jan 7, 2020 04:34 PM (Total replies: 14987)

Front post good.

Quote: --- Original message by: Pabeung
Cursed Halo garbage

Come me bruddas

Spit on de non-believer

*ptoo ptoo*

I appreciate the level of shenanigans involved here, and the Sentinel variants are pretty clever.

v. nice

Halo CE General Discussion » Is this site closing in 2016? Dec 29, 2019 08:26 PM (Total replies: 117)

Quote: --- Original message by: P3
This does start to get me curious as to your reasoning and thought process as to why.

What kind of curiousity goes, "Hey you know that site you run that we're talking on right now? Why isn't it closed yet?"

tl;dr; Halomaps lives forever and that means we live forever
Edited by Echo77 on Dec 29, 2019 at 08:58 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Map packs for Halo Custom Edition? Nov 26, 2019 01:06 PM (Total replies: 2)

"Halo Anticheat 2" is a small add-on you can download and drop into Custom Edition's "controls" folder. It allows you to download maps automatically upon joining a server.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Nov 26, 2019 01:03 PM (Total replies: 11491)

An excellent structure for people to stand on as they wonder why they're here

Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle
Anything but this awful site (Halomaps)

First of all how dare you
Second of all:
How dare you

Halo CE General Discussion » Release: Really big BSP Jul 31, 2019 08:18 PM (Total replies: 22)

-removed-
Edited by Echo77 on Aug 4, 2019 at 04:07 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Ideas for 'fun' waves in firefight? Jun 10, 2019 03:31 AM (Total replies: 1)

•Attack of the Clones: White-armored Spartans armed with plasma rifles, Covenant Carbines, etc.
•Infected ODST drop, if that's a thing that's a thing that could be done. First you have to try not to get crushed by falling pods, then deal with the Flood-infected Shock Troopers that emerge from them.
•Former suicide Grunts that have overpowered their Elite handler and forced him into the explosive harness. The Grunts could have plasma rifles or other higher-tier weaponry as a result of their mutiny.
Simulacrums: Android bombs disguised as UNSC crewmen. Initially passive, then aggro and charge the player before exploding. To make things extra interesting, maybe you could mix in some genuine crewmen and some subtle method of distinguishing them from their kamikaze counterparts. Successful elimination of the simulacrums while keeping the crewmen alive would give you a couple of allies in the subsequent wave.
Edited by Echo77 on Jun 10, 2019 at 04:00 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Crossguard Map Release Apr 4, 2019 08:32 PM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Always like maps with this vibe.

Same. UNSC stronk

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: The Master Chief Collection Coming to PC Mar 14, 2019 05:41 PM (Total replies: 77)

Quote: --- Original message by: Banshee64
Quote: --- Original message by: Erutypus
If I cant get it on windows 7 or with an editing kit, it is totally irrelevant to me.

Then why post? 🤔

To discredit the notion that everyone is jumping ship over a game that isn't out yet.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Custom Edition is still alive? Mar 1, 2019 11:45 PM (Total replies: 6)

CE lives forever, and that means we live forever.

Time: Thu May 28, 2020 11:53 PM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website