A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: 50predator50
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 6, 2018 06:18 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
50predator50 has contributed to 111 posts out of 467806 total posts (.02%) in 2,966 days (.04 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Sierra 117 Dec 6, 2018 06:18 PM (Total replies: 1178)

I always see big beautiful projects like this being cancelled, what is it that kills them? Is there some process that is too time consuming and tedious that takes all the fun out of it?

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Dec 14, 2017 02:10 AM (Total replies: 203)

Bump

Curious to see if you're still working on this.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] Mo's Editing Kit (MEK) Nov 23, 2017 05:07 AM (Total replies: 62)

I just wrote a big reply detailing everything but I got an error when I posted :L

I'll just shorten it:

I'm doing this from the latest MEK update.

I ripped the transformation tags from CMT SPV3, thought it was the SPV3 tags themselves so I made new ones using stock tags.

That still didn't work however, so I used OS_Guerilla instead, and I noticed that the actor_variant_transformation_in tags showed the squad/encounter handling set as Inherit from old unit even though I had it set to Inherit from attacker when I was using Mozzarilla.

So I set it to Inherit from attacker, compiled my map, and it worked. Then I opened Mozzarilla, opened the same tag, and it's set to Inherit from old unit, so I changed it to Inherit from attacker, compiled the map, but it didn't work.

Opened up OS_Guerilla again, and it says Inherit from old unit.

So I'm not sure what to say from a technical conclusion except that it obviously isn't saving properly lol, but I hope this might help a bit.

PS: I'm on Discord if you need any more info: AbradolfLincler#7039
Edited by 50predator50 on Nov 23, 2017 at 05:09 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] Mo's Editing Kit (MEK) Nov 22, 2017 04:19 AM (Total replies: 62)

I ran into an issue today with the actor_variant_transformation tags. It seems like editing the values for the .in tag doesn't save the value properly or read it correctly. Opening the same tag in OS_Guerilla and making changes to team & encounter handling works fine, but doing it in Mozzarilla doesn't seem to work properly.

For example, I changed the encounter/squad handling field to 'Inherit from Attacker', and saved it, however when I open it up in Mozzarilla, it still reads as 'Inherit from old unit'

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] SOI's Tag dump Apr 30, 2016 10:46 PM (Total replies: 1142)

Stop being harsh, there's no need for that.

SOI, pls showcase something.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] SOI's Tag dump Apr 26, 2016 06:24 AM (Total replies: 1142)

That was a thoughtful and well written reply.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] SOI's Tag dump Apr 26, 2016 12:21 AM (Total replies: 1142)

But he didn't say Halo 4.. Silly Masterz

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] SOI's Tag dump Apr 25, 2016 05:41 PM (Total replies: 1142)

I don't understand people's dislike or difficulty installing OS.

It gives modders way more tag space, among other thing; its not even hard to install. I've had more problems installing AAA EA games bought legitimately on my computer than OS.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Sapien crashed & showed nothing in debug Mar 22, 2016 03:31 AM (Total replies: 13)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Quote: --- Original message by: MrCool
What was it?

Quote: --- Original message by: Destroyer50
does anyone here know what it feels like to be hated be everyone
picked on all the time bullyed all the time being home alone nearly everyday every year loseing your sanity
has anyone here been scared of everything hu
being called mental just becuase your diffrent
teachers being happy getting me sent home away from other people being used so people can get money

noone i bet has these troubles

Nah dats not me

Found my cd key and reinstalled Custom Edition & then installed HEK. Sapien is running now. I will never understand what caused Sapien to crash without error, but nonetheless I appreciate your help Altis; you're a top bloke.
Edited by 50predator50 on Mar 22, 2016 at 03:57 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Sapien crashed & showed nothing in debug Mar 22, 2016 01:47 AM (Total replies: 13)

Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
Try deleting sapien.config and heap_dump.txt files.

Where do I find these files?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Sapien crashed & showed nothing in debug Mar 21, 2016 05:51 AM (Total replies: 13)

Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch
Hey aren't you that guy that authored the most famous quote on halomaps?

Naw I think K5K has actually moved on

?????????????????????????????????????????????????

It might be related to your gpu,make sure aa is disabled and stuff. Other than that I'm not sure why this would happen.

Tried these settings, didn't work; GPU is R9 290. Ideas?

Edited by 50predator50 on Mar 21, 2016 at 05:58 AM

Just transferred the files over to my laptop, still crashes without any information in debug. Sigh
Edited by 50predator50 on Mar 21, 2016 at 06:57 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Sapien crashed & showed nothing in debug Mar 21, 2016 05:28 AM (Total replies: 13)

It might be related to your gpu,make sure aa is disabled and stuff. Other than that I'm not sure why this would happen.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

Hey aren't you that guy that authored the most famous quote on halomaps?

Wot was it?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Sapien crashed & showed nothing in debug Mar 21, 2016 04:05 AM (Total replies: 13)

Hello all,

I decided to fiddle around with HEK again after a long time, though I've encountered an issue I can't solve even after thorough lurking.

Guerilla works ok, CE works ok

Debug:

03.21.16 18:19:28 reference function: _write_to_error_file
03.21.16 18:19:28 reference address: 401b13
03.21.16 18:19:28 Couldn't read map file './sapienbeta.map'
03.21.16 18:19:28 CreateDevice succeeded with refresh rate = 0

All instances of the crashes only list that.

My operating system is Windows 7 Professional, installed on my SSD.

From what I've read everyone gets the 'sapienbeta.map' error and means nothing. Other things I've tried so far to fix it are:

-Uninstalling HEK and reinstalling with Administrator on
-Setting Sapien's affinity to 1 CPU
-Setting Sapien's compatibility with desktop composition disabled ticked
-& Then ticked everything and then certain combinations in various patterns.
-copying the files to another hard drive with win 8.1 as the OS
-Allowing total security access on all files within Microsoft Games
-Changing desktop theme to classic.
-Probably various other things that I can't think of right now.

Unfortunately a reinstall would not be possible right now since my disc was damaged (beyond repair), unless somebody knows where I can buy a digital copy.

Thanks for reading,
Predator

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] SOI's Tag dump Mar 17, 2016 06:32 AM (Total replies: 1142)

How are you doing SOI?

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] SOI's Tag dump Jan 16, 2015 11:02 AM (Total replies: 1142)

Will elites still be able to ride on the sides or has that feature been removed?

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] SOI's Tag dump Nov 26, 2014 07:27 PM (Total replies: 1142)

Seems far more practical now than the previous iteration of the Wraith Tank. Like it can actually target other vehicles much more easily now rather than the Pilot hoping that it hits that Scorpion Tank at the end of the valley shooting at it.

It's like an actual tank now :O

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] SOI's Tag dump May 5, 2014 04:57 PM (Total replies: 1142)

Madness. Post a video of the new Chieftain animations perhaps?

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] SOI's Tag dump Apr 1, 2014 06:21 PM (Total replies: 1142)

Can't believe you're going to make new vehicles :B, that sounds like such a pain in the arse.

Are you going to add completely new vehicles? Or modify existing vehicles? What have you thought about using?

And I forgot what your answer was about the Campaign, but is it just going to be a refitted stock campaign, or have new BSPs or a completely different Campaign?

I also have a suggestion for a biped: Flood Aerial Form, the one from Halo Wars, basically a flying infected bird.

I modified the bird from Lumoria and gave it a weapon and changed it's projectiles to be similar to the one from Halo Wars, but it is graphically low quality, since it was just meant to be seen flying out in the distance. But I think for you, it would be pretty easy to modify properly and turn it into an interesting encounter. Just a suggestion though, it seems like you're already using a fair amount of bipeds.

Edited by 50predator50 on Apr 1, 2014 at 06:26 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] SOI's Tag dump Mar 30, 2014 08:48 PM (Total replies: 1142)

Quote: --- Original message by: DOOM899

Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Quote: --- Original message by: DOOM899
may I upload some of thing's that you put up for download to halo maps ?

Why would he want you to upload what he made?

man your word's are not nice

if you upload your thing's to halo maps for all to use
it for SOI_7 to say if I can or not .. not you Echo7
Edited by DOOM899 on Mar 30, 2014 at 08:44 PM

o.O

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] SOI's Tag dump Mar 27, 2014 01:54 AM (Total replies: 1142)

Quote: --- Original message by: ftsshot
Quote: here are the current Flood models I made

Look dude, I understand you don't know how to create a Flood from SCRATCH but why the hell are you claiming that it is your work?

You've just modify them. Not made them. I am starting to disliking you a lot.

Seems like you know how to make a lot of enemies real fast. What is your problem?

Time: Mon December 17, 2018 6:11 AM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website