A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: MrChromed
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 5, 2018 10:08 PM
Interests: Halo CE modding.
Your Age: 22
What Games do you play: Halo CE
What are you looking at?

Post Statistics
MrChromed has contributed to 288 posts out of 467773 total posts (.06%) in 2,014 days (.14 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Yeah, I already edited the previous message. Thanks for pointing that out.

Quote: --- Original message by: MrBoringCom
hey masterchief117, i think your remastered map doesn't work anymore

Could you be more specific? Btw, if you use Chimera, you need to use the "chimera_modded_stock_maps 1" command in order to keep using modded stock maps with Chimera.
Edited by MrChromed on Sep 5, 2018 at 10:07 PM

It's exactly what Spartan314 said above. In SPv3, we just emulated the "ragdoll" physics in order to give a more realistic perception. Halo: Combat Evolved (and so, Custom Edition) doesn't support ragdoll physics. Instead, it uses "Inverse kinematics" physics (IK).

Halo CE General Discussion » OpenSauce Anti-Aliasing Aug 31, 2018 09:58 AM (Total replies: 1)

Why don't you use FXAA instead? Of course, isn't as accurate as real AA, but you get a decent result. The only disadvantage comes when the image gets a bit blurry. You can use FXAA if you have a GeForce card. Google it!

Halo CE General Discussion » Modded Stock Maps Aug 31, 2018 09:50 AM (Total replies: 2)

Most of the current videotutorials showing the process are in spanish, so you won't understand a thing. Besides, all of those methods have significant bugs and glitches they don't even bother to fix by themselves, because they don't know how since they just swap tags and that's it. Even Kavawuvi stated that Proton was never finished, and so, you'll get some bugs.

Aegis Mind managed to do a really decent job by using this method in order to create noise-free sounds. The file size worth it.

Halo CE General Discussion » The Omega Campaign Aug 31, 2018 09:39 AM (Total replies: 82)

Nice! I thought you were dead (not literally, but in modding terms). It's always nice to see somebody coming back. Keep up the good work, it's hard to see custom projects these days.

Halo CE General Discussion » [R M T] Side Swiper Release!!! Aug 25, 2018 09:46 AM (Total replies: 4)

I don't want to be mean but, is it that hard to post some pics from your map? If you wanna promote your project, you need some visual incentives at least.

Oh, and this happens when you clic on the link...

Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt
Refinery has the same tool as mozz when viewing bitmaps in it, so it can also extract from maps.

Oh yeah, I forgot the "data extraction" feature. My bad.
Reshirom, you can also use Refinery to open existing .map files and extract textures from them.

I don't suggest to use such an outdated tool. You can just use MEK (Mozarilla, to be exact), or even Adjutant, since the V4.2 supports HCE maps too. In the case of Adjutant, you need to open .map files in order to extract textures, while with Mozarilla, you just need to set your "tags" folder location and open the .bitmap files to save them as DDS, TGA, PNG or .BIN (raw format).

Adjutant:

Mozarilla:

Links

Adjutant: http://tinyurl.com/jhyuk4q
MEK (requires Python): https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/441425266523504640/441496782485323776/MEK_Installer.zip
MEK Essentials (.exe format, doesn't requiere Python, but it only has the 3 main tools): https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/441425266523504640/474639272754806794/MEK_Essentials_Setup.exe

Quote: --- Original message by: helldeath360
Thank you the both of you. I got this. :D

https://i.imgur.com/peXHYBS.png
https://i.imgur.com/HofdtcZ.jpg

Much better results. You just need some more tweaks and improvements.
PS: Try to connect to Discord more frequently if you want some more help in real time. You're on our "HCE Mappers Noobs" server, so you'll find me in there.

Some people tend to make these kind of mistakes while making normal maps for the first time. The reason your normal map looks like that is because you're using the diffuse texture in order to create the normal. And so, your normal map texture will contain a lot of "noises" and unnecessary details. Try to create the normal map from a "heightmap", which is a greyscale texture that will only contain the necessary details and info.

I'll use an example using the original textures that are included with the HEK's installation (data\levels\b30\bitmaps). If you're making the normal map from the diffuse, you'll probably get something like this:

But, if you make the normal map from the heightmap, you'll get this:

As you can see, the heightmap helps you to isolate unnecessary details, and you'll get a better result. You can see some tutorials of how to make heightmaps, or you could experiment by your own with Photoshop (if you use it, of course). I hope this can help you to understand this.

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Jul 14, 2018 11:07 AM (Total replies: 952)

Quote: --- Original message by: Anqryboy
...is there somewhere I can get this file?

You can get all of the necessary files from Halo 2 and later games at: https://haloce3.com/xmf/

The original "post-carnage report" texture uses a resolution of 1024x512px, but in fact, the "table" itself is contained in a 640x480px space. Basically, the rest of the entire texture is just blank space that can't be used. Since the table was made for the Xbox (and so, 4:3 aspect ratio monitors), you can only create a texture of that resolution and, in the exact same location as the original (upper left corner).

This is a template:

This is the original texture:

Finally, once you have your new "post-carnage report" texture compiled, open your current .hud_globals (usually, it's located in ui\hud\default.hud_globals), and use the current location of your texture in the "carnage report bitmap" field, which is located at the very end of the .hud_globals.

Edited by MrChromed on Jun 18, 2018 at 12:26 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » halo reach elite biped tag Jun 10, 2018 10:05 AM (Total replies: 2)

You can use this pack made by Spartan2507. It has a lot of Reach tags, including the Elites and Grunts: https://haloce3.com/downloads/tags/misc-tags/halo-reach-tags-2/

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Campaign Request For Halo ce Jun 9, 2018 12:24 PM (Total replies: 16)

Crossbow SR = Templar

Halo CE General Discussion » Best forerunner architecture May 25, 2018 09:35 AM (Total replies: 9)

Quote: --- Original message by: slashrat
I'd like to nominate TSC:E's architecture, if that's not too self-serving.

Oh, of course you can include it. In fact, it was my fault to not include it to the list. The TSC: E's architecture is simply gorgeous.

Halo CE General Discussion » Best forerunner architecture May 24, 2018 11:48 AM (Total replies: 9)

I'd like to add other great CE maps to the list, such as:

- Precipice.
- Hemoasis.
- Snowcast.
- Cenotaph CE3 2016.
- Insomnia.
- With Whiteness.
- Arrival.
- Delta Ruins (why not?).
- Requiem.
- Portent.
- Revelations.
- Core (and the modded version: h3 Core).
- Geomar Final.

These maps have a great Forerunner aesthetic. Some of them might not be the best in gameplay terms or even in level design terms, but visually, they show the greatness of the Forerunners achitecture. Of course there're other maps out there, but I can't remember all of their names for now.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Online v0.6.0 Releases This Friday Apr 17, 2018 06:25 PM (Total replies: 5)

Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle
Atleast they don't get stuck on an SMG sound.

Hey Killzone, here you have the link with the original .rar which contained your files. This could be preserved for archival purposes:https://www.dropbox.com/s/ji3e35jhnnavov5/old%20testmaps.rar?dl=0
PS: Sorry for the late response, but I was busy at the university.
Edited by Isxz on Mar 27, 2018 at 01:09 PM

Time: Thu October 18, 2018 5:08 PM 266 ms.
A Halo Maps Website