A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Isxz
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 11, 2017 03:37 PM
Interests: Halo CE modding.
Your Age: 21
What Games do you play: Halo CE
MrChromed

Post Statistics
Isxz has contributed to 261 posts out of 464846 total posts (.06%) in 1,708 days (.15 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » How do I block interpolation on my server? Dec 11, 2017 03:37 PM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
Play on xbox instead.

Halo CE General Discussion » HAC2 Not Longer Working For Multiplayer Dec 10, 2017 10:02 PM (Total replies: 3)

Besides the Lateksi's tutorial, I'll post an "alternative" solution that, at least, worked for me:

- Download this DLL (don't worry, It's not a virus. I'm a serious person): https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/327226885144838145/389111636452966410/hac.dll
- Put it in your Halo CE main directory.
- Run the game.

This solution worked for me as I said before. Maybe it will work for other people.
Edited by Isxz on Dec 10, 2017 at 10:03 PM

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/283642003781320706/389056761665028107/berserk.sound
Edited by Isxz on Dec 9, 2017 at 09:18 AM

Alright. I managed to edit the gbxmodel, so you can use the Marine with gutted torso. The thing is: you can only spawn that permutation. So, all the Marines will have the gutted torso. I don't know if that may help you. I don't know how to modding with Halo PC. I edited this using the HEK for Custom Edition, but I guess you know how to inject models in Halo PC (iirc, that's possible).

Anyways, here's the link for the gbxmodel: https://www.mediafire.com/file/a9615fig2ie6kim/marine_armored.rar

Quote: --- Original message by: Bungie LLC
I'm pretty sure you released all this before in another thread, probably likewise back from 2012 or so.

I say that because I remember downloading these tags and seeing this same video once before. For the life of me though, I can't seem to find that other thread after several google searches...

Regardless, thanks anyway.

I'd say the same. I remember having that BSP in the past thanks to someone that released it, including other tags. I guess it's the same guy.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 4 covenant bipeds [RELEASE] Dec 3, 2017 09:15 AM (Total replies: 4)

I appreciate your effort in trying to release these tags, but I need to be honest: they suck so hard. And I'll tell you why:

> Terrible rigging work.
> Broken shaders (probably, the original authors didn't even know how to properly setup Material IDs on 3ds Max, and so, some bipeds share the same shaders/materials when they shouldn't).
> Unexisting smoothing groups.
> Unexisting LODs.
> Unexisting work on shaders (just diffuse maps put on their shaders and nothing else).

These bipeds should be considered just a WIP (Work In Progress) at most. I wouldn't recommend to anyone to use these tags, at least that you want to re-import them on 3ds Max and fix them there (anyhow, it's easier to extract the models from Adjutant in AMF format and doing all the work by yourself, instead of trying to fix these released bipeds). If this release is some kind of joke, it's a very bad one.

Edited by Isxz on Dec 4, 2017 at 08:59 AM

Let's see this by parts (this is gonna be a little messy, but I hope you can understand this):

- The "references an invalid sequence" issue is, at some point, a common mistake that someone commit if it's not very familiar with the way "bitmap indexes" work. Open a .weapon_hud_interface from a weapon and go to the "CROSSHAIR" section. You'll see that there's a bitmap located in the "Crosshair bitmap" field. Open it and see how many "Sequences" it contains.

For example, I'll look into the original crosshairs from H1, which is located in "ui\hud\bitmaps\combined\hud_reticles". If you look into them, it contains 14 sequences/indexes, counted from 0 to 13. The first sequence (the 0) contains 4 crosshairs/textures (in the image bellow, some of them are hidden due to the opened tabs), so we can tell that the .bitmap contains 17 textures (ergo, indexes).

In the "CROSSHAIR OVERLAYS" sub-section, you'll see an option called "sequence index". As we saw before, we can reference a max. of 17 crosshairs (in "index terms", from 0 to 16). If you put "17" and compile, you'll get the following error:

#17 is not a valid bitmap_group_sequence_block index in [#0, #17>

That's because you surpassed the max "length" and the engine thinks you're trying to say that #17 is "17", but you can only count to 16. Just like an array in a programming language! BUT, if you put something like 18 or beyond and them compile it, you'll get this error:

crosshair item 0 for weapons\assault rifle\assault rifle references an invalid sequence.

And that's because you're trying to "call" to a index that doesn't even exist. And that's the issue you're having right now with some of your weapons' HUD interfaces. Check the .weapon_hud_interface of all of your troubled weapons and check how many crosshairs or indexes their textures contain. If every interface contains only 1 texture/crosshair, you need to put "0" in the "Sequence index" field.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

- The "the meter definition for..." issue is something you don't need to worry about. It's something related to leftovers from early and old versions of the shield and health meters from the cyborg's HUD. There was a time which they (Bungie) didn't put those elements in a .unit_hud_interface as we know it today, but in an old tag system called ".meter". In case you want them just to see those messages dissapearing from your cmd window, here you have them (replace files and folders in case you need to):

https://www.mediafire.com/file/j92qhj349501gbj/Cyborg%27s%20shield%20and%20body%20meters%20%28H1%20leftover%29.rar

As for the "Prepare to drop!" issue, that's something related with Open Sauce. You could reinstall it and see if that issue disappears. I can't really help that much with that, sorry.

If your map isn't showing up in-game, it could mean that your map isn't located in the "maps" folder somehow. For some reason, you're not having full admin privileges, so your map is probably located here:

C:\Users\user name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program files\Microsoft games\Halo Custom Edition\maps . You need to search on the Internet how to show up hidden folders, since "AppData" is a system's hidden folder. Anyways, you can look into this old thread to understand your problem: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=46138

And that's all from my part. I hope you understood something. Feel free to ask anything related to this in case you need to know something more
Edited by Isxz on Nov 24, 2017 at 12:29 PM
Edited by Isxz on Nov 24, 2017 at 12:31 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Help With Sapien Editing! Nov 8, 2017 10:45 AM (Total replies: 20)

Your tag has missing references. You can open the debug.txt file included in your CE folder, and see what's happening. It should say that one or more tags references are missing and so.

For example (you need to open Guerilla once you know what's happening thanks to the debug.txt report): This biped has 3 missing files: the gbxmodel, the .model_animations and the collision_geometry. Those files could be in another folder, renamed or even deleted. If these files are not existing anymore, the .actor_variant will fail to open. That's why you need to check your debug.txt in order to know how many references are missing. I hope this could help.

Edited by Isxz on Nov 8, 2017 at 10:49 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » I'm leaving Nov 8, 2017 10:14 AM (Total replies: 22)

Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD
Quote: --- Original message by: XxPopeAK49xX
You guys are rude. Sparky contributed more than any of you plebs....

I'm not trying to be rude, I just don't care. And basically I have realeased 5x more content than Sparky since 2015, less than the Half of time of his presence in the comunity.

I think your sarcasm detector is broken...

Halo CE General Discussion » [BETA RELEASE] Refinery 0.7 Jul 19, 2017 04:27 PM (Total replies: 95)

This is gonna be a weird question, but: can I use this program in a virtual machine? Since for some reason, Python doesn't install correctly in my PC, I thought if it was possible to use this with VirtualBox, running a 32-bits OS like XP or Seven.

Halo CE General Discussion » Next HMU Jul 8, 2017 05:28 PM (Total replies: 4)

Anyways, most of the uploaded maps are crappy maps from latino "mappers" like Spartan Gold, so I don't find necessary to make a HMU yet.

Halo CE General Discussion » Moses's Refined Campaign Jul 5, 2017 12:34 AM (Total replies: 40)

Is austin1000 still active? I don't know any news from him since years.
Edited by Isxz on Jul 5, 2017 at 12:34 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Moses's Refined Campaign Jul 5, 2017 12:10 AM (Total replies: 40)

Michelle just updated some maps in her Google Drive folder. The new b40.map has only one fixed issue: the energy sword light glow. The rest of the issues are still present as I mentioned above.
Edited by Isxz on Jul 5, 2017 at 12:11 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Moses's Refined Campaign Jul 3, 2017 05:35 PM (Total replies: 40)

First of all, great campaign port, but unfortunately it has some bugs. Here are some examples:

- The energy sword has a broken light glow.

Pretty sure these are fixed:
Fixed fog in the exterior areas of B40, so that it looks just like what can be found on the Xbox.

Nope, I see the broken fog as always.

Pretty sure these are fixed:
Fix Cortana not changing colors in Halo’s Control Center.

Cortana never changes her color. She is just green.

Unsure if fixed:
Fix graphical issues with glass on B40 (Assault on the Control Room) and C40 (Two Betrayals).

You're right. I can still seeing the "rainbow bug"

Unsure if fixed:
Fix the missing shield flare for the Master Chief’s shields when recharging.

I never saw that effect on screen.

Halo CE General Discussion » Final Dreamweb Release May 6, 2017 05:54 PM (Total replies: 53)

Really nice release guys, you made a great work. It doesn't matter if (bad) latinos will use them or not, that's just a "collateral damage"; they have the same rights to use them since it's a release. These tags are just like weapons: the person who pick them will choice their usage, for good or bad.

Thanks for all these years Sean and Co.
Edited by Isxz on May 6, 2017 at 05:55 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Rigging/Bones error. Apr 19, 2017 04:58 PM (Total replies: 8)

I have a copy of the JMS Exporter V1.01, I hope this could help.
https://mega.nz/#!vkRhlJKQ!sMPXCvxkSkzGhrwxCrzjUixrrQUQJhE5u2AVSYcoeKU

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] Mo's Editing Kit (MEK) Mar 20, 2017 09:28 AM (Total replies: 61)

Some textures could be in a "RAW DDS" format, and maybe the nvidia tool could not open them. In that case, you can use the "Intel Texture Works Plugin" software for Photoshop CS6

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-texture-works-plugin

The other option could be "Noesis", a software that can open hundreds of model, image, and animation formats.

http://richwhitehouse.com/index.php?content=inc_projects.php&filemirror=noesisv425.zip

Halo CE General Discussion » Temporarily Disable Opensauce? Dec 20, 2016 09:21 PM (Total replies: 4)

Just move the "dinput8.dll" file to another folder, even the desktop. Solved.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Updated OS_Guerilla Dec 20, 2016 07:39 AM (Total replies: 5)

Really nice release Michelle, I always wanted longer tag fields. The other fixes are just great. Keep up the good work

Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
Quote: --- Original message by: EtherSecAgent
Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
Killzone hits the nail on the head.
Not only don't I give a flying crap about ElDewrito, even if I did, I wouldn't waste my time "hacking" your server as I have 18 quintillion better things to do. I'm going to assume EtherSecAgent is just another shheersrszza (or whatever his name is) account.

Anyways, I think this thread has served its purpose. The childen here have had their whine. Now it's time for the adults to get their wine. Cheers.
idc about that dude sherrs he is doin his own youtube stuff. No sign of him haking.

How can u say its him when you guys were running around using jump hacks.

We know its u hackin pathetic cheap skate.

Uninstall your life.

10/10 quote of the day

Time: Sat December 16, 2017 3:45 PM 390 ms.
A Halo Maps Website