A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: MEGA_VKNG
About Contact
Last Post: Today @ 12:13 PM
Occupation: Team lead for Dreams in a Cryotank, Part-Time Electronic Music Producer.
Interests: Synthpop, Modding, Gamedev, HaloNoobModder117 <3
Your Age: 17
What Games do you play: Quake Franchise, Halo, Fallout 4, Call of Duty Franchise, Overwatch.
friendly neighborhood big diabetic_kunt

Post Statistics
MEGA_VKNG has contributed to 4861 posts out of 460848 total posts (1.05%) in 1,160 days (4.19 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Just to make sure we are all on the same track, we all believe halo online is way better than ce right?

Good.

Yes.

Halo's Halo, if it had good tools I'd use HO.
Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Feb 24, 2017 at 12:34 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: il Duce Primo
Is the goal of this project to import bipeds and weapons from other halo games?

No. oh man if only someone wrote an OP for this mysterious project

Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Feb 24, 2017 at 12:11 PM

Ironically I actually don't make content for CE anymore, I only do small asset work for it now while Michelle leads dreamweb, therefore making your statement moot.

It's a good engine, but there's better, I wonder how you'd feel about some Halo assets in Black Ops 3 :)

I troll you with love :) also list where in that wall of text I said I hate CE.

And yes, it's limited, get out of that bubble of yours and just accept it.
Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Feb 24, 2017 at 04:23 AM

Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG
Who cares about CE and Halo Online Black Ops 3 is the cool game to mod now. Xddddd

Cod is garbage, specially the newer ones. stop comparing that horrible game to Halo CE. Since you bring up all this Cod thingy, does cod still use the quake 3 engine?
Edited by Halonimator on Feb 23, 2017 at 06:07 PM
Edited by Halonimator on Feb 23, 2017 at 06:09 PM

It's not about the content it's about the possibilities and the freedom to do things which couldn't be done before.

^^^^^^

It runs on the same fork of the IW engine Treyarch started using for World at War (which IIRC, is a hybrid of Call of Duty 2 and Call of Duty 4?), but they upgraded the engine to the point where very little of it is ID tech, PBR rendering, an actually pretty solid map editor once you get used to having to use a controller to navigate the camera (WHY GOD) and people who actually make animation extraction publicly available for both old and new COD games, now ain't that just hecking crazy?! Also forgot to mention that the asset editors are actually really similar to Halo CE except really refined and organized even further.

I like working in CE still but it's the same really boring and limited process and being able to try something new is really fresh, It also gives me a lot of learning opportunities seeing as how I'm working on a completely new project that I am very passionate for (which in comparison, you throw around maps like monkey poop). Also, the core gameplay mechanics of Call of Duty are really solid now and that's not possible to deny whatsoever even if you aren't a fan of the series, there's a reason why the series is relevant to this day and even when the series sales go down it still ranks as the best selling game of the year.

Also Halonimator, I didn't ask you to tell me what to like, I like trolling negan and that's the extent of that post, but please go further since you are clearly the god of this game.

Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Feb 24, 2017 at 02:16 AM

Due to popular demand the original DINC has been retired, RIP, now it's proper.

Dreamweb's initial release is on track for Summer, with the content updates coming shortly after. After the initial release (excluding forerunner weapons which will come in a seperate update) Dreamwebs push will be exclusively on custom content and additions, however we'll give a nice taste of that in the initial release, like this Mark V:

Heavy reworks of the model are in construction

Dutch02 (some of you might recognize that name) is modelling the new armors for Dreamweb, and he's an excellent partner to have for the project.

All that really needs to be done for Dreamweb initial is the classic armors, LODs, and some animations for weapons, than it will be ready for all to consume.

I'll be ready to talk more Dreamweb during our 3 year anniversary. Although I'll be focusing almost exclusively on post release, as everything that's coming in Dreamweb this summer has already been seen in a mostly polished state. There really aren't too many surprises.

Festivities begin April 14th with Black Ops 3, and then ending the 25th with Dreamweb.

FINAL NOTE: Is there anyone in here good at UV unwrapping objects and is active? (and won't post NSFW or try to evade the NSFW rule in the discord, you know who you are) and will be able to help out? I can handle texturing, thanks to anyone who replies!

Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Feb 24, 2017 at 12:42 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Yesterday @ 01:07 AM (Total replies: 11070)

You took a pic on a basic map of some bipeds you didn't make, what do you want, a cookie?

Halo CE General Discussion » (Dany woozie) i love Halomaps community Yesterday @ 12:48 AM (Total replies: 20)

Who cares about CE and Halo Online Black Ops 3 is the cool game to mod now. Xddddd

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Feb 21, 2017 11:35 PM (Total replies: 11070)

Quote: --- Original message by: samnwck

If you're using it for a portfolio piece and you're an environment artist, I'd say that's a no-no since you should make your own textures. However if you're just using it for a mod or whatever I'd say they'll get you there really quick.

I'm not really an environment artist, nor do I have any, we're mostly just designers (talking super secret project, not dreamweb for any of you lurkers). So I'd say they'd probably help me out a huge amount.

Halo CE General Discussion » Post your Top 10 HCE mappers/modders Feb 21, 2017 05:49 PM (Total replies: 58)

Quote: --- Original message by: not m00kz
i've a feeling m00kz question why you would use such a disgusting looking pack but would love you forever regardless. just a strange hunch

It could totally use new models, sure, but other than that it's rather faithful and loads of fun to play with online, despite it just being a little test map.

Halo CE General Discussion » Post your Top 10 HCE mappers/modders Feb 21, 2017 04:35 PM (Total replies: 58)

Quote: --- Original message by: not m00kz

1. hola minituar - prime example of how not to behave, how to break all the forum rules and not get banned
2. masterz1337 - prime example of what everybody should aim to achieve
3. haloisahorriblegane - hey those dual plasma pistols are pretty good
4. m00kz - just gave everybody a horrible unreal tournament 2004 and marathon weapon tagset. too bad that idiot got banned for raising concerns about subpar moderation. who would dare to do such a thing

Hey dude FYI I absolutely love that Marathon tagset and would totally use it.
Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Feb 21, 2017 at 04:35 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » HALO WARS 2 is it worth getting, do to win 10? Feb 21, 2017 03:58 PM (Total replies: 14)

I do not no why u type so bedly so thefore I assoom u r being torll sory

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Feb 21, 2017 03:43 PM (Total replies: 11070)

I'm calling this guy done, mainly because if I don't I'm just gonna run out of steam on him hahaha. Anyways, here's the final showpiece of him eating a giant eel that resides in one of the many lakes of the caverns where he resides.
http://i.imgur.com/PsbIwT7.jpg

How useful would you say Megascans is for something like environment art in Unity? I definitely will be using it for terrain textures because those look amazing.

Halo CE General Discussion » Post your Top 10 HCE mappers/modders Feb 21, 2017 01:07 PM (Total replies: 58)

Quote: --- Original message by: dood

Gamma927 and ODX is still alive?

Lurkers.

Gamma pursued a new career, ODX is mostly silent.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Feb 20, 2017 04:32 PM (Total replies: 11070)

I think having just blank white eyes would look better tbh, the skin color could also be more beige compared to the orangish yellow presented in your interpretation.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Feb 20, 2017 04:02 PM (Total replies: 11070)

http://i.imgur.com/hJF4a9G.jpg

Getting some huge Metroid Prime vibes from it, could work very well in a Science Fiction setting.

Also, megascans is awesome, looking forward to trying it out myself soon.

Dennis appointing someone to moderator or admin to this website would be giving those same privileges to that person for all websites he hosts. And since that person wouldn't be a paid employee he couldn't guarantee his other customers security he has opted not to do that iirc. There's probably a lot more to the story, but that's the basics as i remember. Not that this adds anything to the conversation or anything.

That, and his employees have basically refused to moderate the forum.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Editing Community Discord Feb 19, 2017 02:29 PM (Total replies: 31)

Quote: --- Original message by: XeBeK

Im sorry you guys feel this way towards the server and our users. If you change your mind, we would gladly take you back.
Edited by XeBeK on Feb 17, 2017 at 06:40 PM

>Banned from the server for leaving, and because one of your mods had a mental breakdown, proceeding to get assmad at me in another server.

>Yeah, maybe lying isn't the smartest thing to do.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo wars 2 rips Feb 17, 2017 11:56 PM (Total replies: 5)

Here you go:

poor review scores

Halo CE General Discussion » (Release) Hazmat Unit Feb 17, 2017 09:35 PM (Total replies: 33)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator

Actually it looks like latino s#@@it!
Edited by Halonimator on Feb 16, 2017 at 09:51 PM

"I'm the best amateur hobbyist modder ever, I am now going to disregard everyone elses amateur hobbyist work that is done for fun because i do it for fun better, pricks."

Time: Fri February 24, 2017 6:55 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website