A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: MEGA_VKNG
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 16, 2017 03:40 PM
Occupation: Team lead for Dreams in a Cryotank, Part-Time Electronic Music Producer.
Interests: Synthpop, Modding, Gamedev, HaloNoobModder117 <3
Your Age: 17
What Games do you play: Quake Franchise, Halo, Fallout 4, Call of Duty Franchise, Overwatch.
I sexually identify as Terminal from MW2.

Post Statistics
MEGA_VKNG has contributed to 4813 posts out of 459627 total posts (1.05%) in 1,123 days (4.29 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » How to get Ghost's animation importer Jan 16, 2017 03:40 PM (Total replies: 4)

it's been down since sometime in 2016.

Halo CE General Discussion » Project Warhawk Announcement! Jan 15, 2017 12:37 AM (Total replies: 6)

This looks like the best CE mod ever made, the screenshots put Lumoria to shame wow dude.

u shuld be proud!
Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Jan 15, 2017 at 12:40 AM

That's not funny.

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Why is everyone so stupid to say this thing was cancelled. Can people not read? It was a prototype and a pitch. Not something that was ever planned to be a retail title.

Because it was developed way higher than a standard pitch normally is. Also because its easier to say "I think it was scrapped/cancelled because..." instead of "I think the pitch for this game was rejected because...

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Gato y Ratón (Cat and mouse) Jan 9, 2017 10:14 PM (Total replies: 3)

Why can't I play as a Gata?

Halo CE General Discussion » MEGA BLOCKS HALO Cancelled! Jan 9, 2017 08:55 PM (Total replies: 2)

wow, how many more of these threads are gonna be made?

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f9237adeaf1742c09de144d7bf3f7507/topics/a-note-from-bonnie-ross-about-the-haggar-project/261e7b32-eb42-4c30-abdb-3a18cc8199b4/posts

The reason for it's cancellation was because it was just an idea and a small collaboration with MEGA Construx, 343 has prototyped/planned and scrapped possibly hundreds of Halo games that we will never actually find out about. (Interesting note, iirc the Halo 5 we ended up getting was originally intended to be a spin off to transition into the real Halo 5, but they decided to merge the project and now we have the game we have, sadly.)

The reception has been extremely positive, and strangely enough 343 is allowing people to suggest ideas and give feedback on this game, implying that it might come back sooner than you think.

In my opinion, it looks great, it might have also just been poor timing because the Xbox One had just came out when this game was cancelled, not to mention it was running on Unreal Engine 3, with Unreal 4 being the new standard but I imagine had this gone further it could have been transitioned into Blam!.

Quote: --- Original message by: Idaho

Yeah well, this really gives us a hint at how the halo franchise is managed by Microsoft, and that is poorly, poorlier than our lowest expectations...

Tons of money wasted in some useless efforts (this game, the Halo MMO and the first failed attempt to make a Halo movie and the soon to be announced to be scraped Spielberg TV show) and few efforts focused on what should really be the focal point of the franchise, the actual FPS games, Microsoft killed Fable, they just announced that they also killed Scalebound more recently, their way of managing a franchise is not in focused and devoted efforts, it's throwing money everywhere hoping some cashback on it...
Edited by Idaho on Jan 9, 2017 at 07:10 PM

This is pretty wrong, yes it's been well established that Microsoft cannot manage a franchise but this is not the reason.

Scalebound was cancelled because the developers took too much time off with the project, and some of them had to stop for mental health reasons, btw.

Microsoft and 343 mess with new ideas all the time, it's the only way to expand the franchise, as I mentioned earlier, there's potentially hundreds of Halo games cancelled that we will never actually find out about unless a leak like this happens again.

Microsoft has the money to take the franchise wherever they want, not to mention they have seperate teams for this that are in no way invading the status of the main franchise. Some people are interested in other kinds of experiences besides shooters, btw, and this is no exception.
Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Jan 9, 2017 at 08:01 PM

It's not something you can get away from, you need those for practically the majority of custom CE content, or even a game, heck, movie. The sooner you just suck it up and live with that being the standard for content creation the better things will get, I promise it's not too hard to atleast learn exporting and audacity, and this is coming from someone who just can't model.

Adjutant does not extract Animations, collisions, and physics.

Yes, you need those 2. a lot.

look for the item you want (models are in the render_model folder, textures in bitmap, so on.) and use raw extractor.

Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Jan 4, 2017 at 09:42 PM

Adjutant does not support tag extraction, it's for the acquisition of models, textures, and sound assets in formats openable in external programs.

Halo CE General Discussion » [PUBLIC BETA]: Dissolution Jan 3, 2017 09:09 PM (Total replies: 28)

Quote: --- Original message by: Wolf_
Looks great! Welcome back...?

tbf its not like your that active either anymore ;-;

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Edit existing BSPs, map models etc... Jan 3, 2017 12:44 AM (Total replies: 11)

Use wildrenders tutorials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGJnE3hcThg

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Edit existing BSPs, map models etc... Jan 2, 2017 07:07 PM (Total replies: 11)

Adjutant can rip Halo CE and Halo PC BSPs and assets, it's probably much safer to use than that program.

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=45590

Halo CE General Discussion » Need Help Fixing the Sentinel Beam Jan 2, 2017 06:57 PM (Total replies: 23)

The SMG doesn't need a sound looping in its file, it just needs a brand new sound to replace the H2 one.

In regards to the sentinel beam, perhaps Dratt could release his version of the tags for it assuming they aren't long gone?

I'm totally okay with Devil May Cry being mentioned, I happen to like that series a bit.

The team name is a reference to the electronic group, Covenant, as is the current rendition of the logo to some extent. (the original being done by AI)

Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Jan 2, 2017 at 05:19 PM

Vehicles are definitely going to be taking inspiration from your work. Going to be putting a bit more effort into making the vehicles a bit more custom hence why I haven't been showing them off yet.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Jan 2, 2017 01:07 AM (Total replies: 10963)

Looks cool, on the subject of DOOM stuff...

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3 SMG Sounds: Release. Jan 1, 2017 10:52 PM (Total replies: 18)

Maybe in Dreamweb :v

weed is bad don't do it.

Time: Wed January 18, 2017 10:58 AM 359 ms.
A Halo Maps Website