A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Jobalisk
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 14, 2017 11:46 PM
Interests: Halo (obviously) Anime/manga, W40K, programing and hardware, food. Japan. computers, gaming. ect...
Your Age:
What Games do you play: to many to count
The haiku master。

Post Statistics
Jobalisk has contributed to 721 posts out of 464594 total posts (.16%) in 1,324 days (.54 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Take my advice and never consider a career as a programmer then.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » First-person Animation Questions Sep 14, 2017 11:44 PM (Total replies: 1)

Quote: --- Original message by: FtDSpartn

Recently I've gotten into first-person animation -- and I've been wondering a few things.

Is it possible to swap the FP arms with another set that has different nodes (swapping a cyborg's fp model for an elite's, for example) and keep the original animation? I know I'd have to pose the fingers/hands again but I'd like to keep the general gun movement. (I'd guess that it was done in t3h lag's video here?)

Secondly, how would you go about making a new set of FP arms? Could you take the original model and just chop off the needed parts, or would you have to model a whole new set using the 3p model as reference?

Lastly, any tips that you have I'd love to hear so I don't make completely terrible animations. Thanks!

Edit: I'm importing CMT SPv3 models/animations for reference for a few things, and they seem to be missing some frame nodes, such as for the battle rifle bolt, which doesn't seem normal. Anything I might be doing wrong?

Edit 2: Also, are there any tutorials on third-person/character animation out there? I can't seem to find anything. (Guess the title's not so accurate now!) I'm attempting to see if I can learn how to make a dual-wield animation set for elites.

Edit 3: To add onto the previous, how would you go about creating a dual-wielded third-person model of the plasma rifle? Logic tells me I'd import the model twice then link the left gun's frame to the right and link the __unnamed geometry to the respective frame gun, but the JMS exporter just freezes on me when doing this with an error in the listener window.
Edited by FtDSpartn on Sep 8, 2017 at 06:00 AM

As far as I know you must have all the original nodes in the arms for the animations to work, that dosn't stop you from changing the position of the nodes though, so that they don't do anything noticeable even though they are still in the model.

Halo CE General Discussion » Universal UI Update? Sep 14, 2017 11:35 PM (Total replies: 26)

Quote: --- Original message by: SomeFan

SubhadeepJazz is making a UUI v2 as i think you know.. so here is some of his work
Main Menu
http://i.imgur.com/GHc32KH.jpg

Campaign selection menu idea 1
http://i.imgur.com/MiMEH8I.png

Campaign selection menu idea 2
http://i.imgur.com/1i8B86Y.png

Here's the public source https://www.reddit.com/r/halospv3/comments/4h3d2t/the_main_menu_interface/

Edited by SomeFan on Sep 12, 2017 at 11:58 PM

Someone needs to teach this guy basic English grammar.

Halo CE General Discussion » Playing with an Xbox One Controller. Sep 13, 2017 01:19 AM (Total replies: 6)

install chimera, it might help: https://opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/6916-chimera-build-49/
Edited by Jobalisk on Sep 13, 2017 at 01:19 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] Composer Sep 6, 2017 10:34 PM (Total replies: 17)

Quote: --- Original message by: 1bobsam1
Python is amazing and if you can't figure out how to install the Run Time then you should probably not be using a computer. On topic: This is awesome, I've seen people manually compose the music to be like it's heard ingame (as seen here, but for Halo 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtMhBHmJnjE ). But this will let people take it one step further for sure. Cheers.

I agree, its a straight forward install wizard, I really don't see how you can muck it up unless your computer is just to ancient to run it. But even then, my old EMac from 2002 still runs 3.1 fine.
Edited by Jobalisk on Sep 6, 2017 at 10:35 PM

that's easy, extract the maps with HEK plus, load it in sapian, resave the scenario as a different name, recompile, done. But seriously, those maps have those names for a reason.

Look, if you want this, and it dosn't exist, why not make your own map packs and upload links to them so that other people with similar ideas don't have the same issue later.

Halo CE General Discussion » The armor you all want Aug 31, 2017 03:46 PM (Total replies: 4)

I'm sorry, now that I look at it the two of you are strikingly similar. The snout, the Mane...

Halo CE General Discussion » Extracting 3D-files from game Aug 30, 2017 11:12 PM (Total replies: 4)

Pretty much, download gearbox model importer, install Halo custom edition if you haven't already, install HEK afterwards, extract the model you want. HMT is pretty useless these days, its out dated and unnecessary, HEK is much better.

Halo CE General Discussion » The armor you all want Aug 30, 2017 11:07 PM (Total replies: 4)

Yes that's right, hes got the armor you all want, and he knows how to use a battle rifle like a pro.

...well extracting the maps BSP's as OBJ files is easy enough, there's a tool somewhere around here for doing just that. As for the textures, you can use HEK plus (also available off this site to do that.) However using them in Unreal Tournament and distributing them without expressed permission by Microsoft is illegal.

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 Gamenight! - August 27th Aug 27, 2017 04:08 PM (Total replies: 21)

rats, I thought this was today, wouldn't have worked for me anyway. That times like midnight NZ time.

Halo CE General Discussion » You WILL NOT abuse people who make requests Aug 26, 2017 02:06 AM (Total replies: 142)

I have to say this thread is about the last place I expected to find people quoting the bible but ok.

Halo CE General Discussion » Leaderboard for Halo CE,PC,MD Aug 25, 2017 01:31 AM (Total replies: 12)

Well this should be good. It's gonna be nice to see how well you measure up to the halo community, I'm assuming your going to include some interface on the website that allows you to search player names and display a win/loss ratio and total kills?

Halo CE General Discussion » How to open maps in Saipen? Aug 24, 2017 04:19 PM (Total replies: 46)

usually people run radiosity in tool by typing: tool light maps levels\(this is an example)winter smith\wintersmith 0 0.9

that will run radiosity for your map and tell you if anything is wrong.

If you want a tutorial that will carry you through the whole process from square one I'd suggest this one on my website:

http://www.eternitywarestudios.xyz/DLT/page1.html
Edited by Jobalisk on Aug 24, 2017 at 04:21 PM

I honestly have never cared much for framerate, anything above 27 fps is fine with me.

Halo CE General Discussion » HMU 8/19/17 - SPV3 Completed! Aug 21, 2017 04:17 PM (Total replies: 11)

the cursor in that is not the cursor you should have. I got this error when I tried to press continue game the first time I started it up without a saved game already there by the way.

Halo CE General Discussion » No Custom Maps With OpenSauce Aug 21, 2017 04:15 PM (Total replies: 8)

your best option would be to reinstall the game from scratch with open sauce, copy all your maps over, then set the application to run as administrator and start the game. Note that if the game is running and you copy maps into the map folder they wont appear until you restart.

Halo CE General Discussion » Universal UI Update? Aug 17, 2017 09:01 PM (Total replies: 26)

Quote: --- Original message by: Giro

Quote: --- Original message by: Jobalisk
any pointers for the future anyone?

Funny thing is, I never played a custom single player map that wasn't a d40 mod that sent you to the main menu at the end. I think you are the first person to ever try. For everyone in the future interested in making their maps/endings go to the main menu (info provided by spv3 developers):

"I'm surely it's something related to hsc scripts. If you analyze the d40 scripts, you'll find some codes related to the game's end. To be more specific, from the line 834 to line 847:

(script dormant void endgame_cinematics
(begin
(if
(<=
(hud_get_timer_ticks) 0)
(begin
(show_hud_timer false)
(set timer_active false)
(pause_hud_timer true) endgame_cinematics)
(begin
(show_hud_timer false)
(set timer_active false)
(pause_hud_timer true) endgame_cinematics
(game_won)))))

This makes more sense, since you can use the command "game_won" (if you're using the devmode) in a singleplayer map, and you should be able to comeback to the UI.(edited)
Here's the d40 script if you're interested on check it out: https://github.com/plunger/blamscript/blob/master/blamscript/halo_ce_exe/scenarios/d40/d40.hsc
GitHub
plunger/blamscript
blamscript - game scripting documentation for halo speedruns" from Mr. Chromed

Most modders could instead of using the "map_name command use a quit to main menu command" according to Jazz.
Edited by Giro on Aug 17, 2017 at 09:59 AM

thank you. I'm not going to reupload or anything cause I recently migrated computers and having to go through the enormous effort it would take to get all the tags out of the wintersmith.map file and get them working just isn't worth it. I'll keep this in mind for any more projects I have in the future though.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 15, 2017 04:38 PM (Total replies: 12102)

Time: Sat September 23, 2017 2:26 PM 297 ms.
A Halo Maps Website