A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Jobalisk
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 15, 2017 04:38 PM
Interests: Halo (obviously) Anime/manga, W40K, programing and hardware, food. Japan. computers, gaming. ect...
Your Age:
What Games do you play: to many to count
The haiku master。

Post Statistics
Jobalisk has contributed to 702 posts out of 464121 total posts (.15%) in 1,287 days (.55 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 15, 2017 04:38 PM (Total replies: 12084)

Halo CE General Discussion » Universal UI Update? Aug 14, 2017 04:39 PM (Total replies: 14)

Quote: --- Original message by: Giro

I just noticed something with Jobalisk's maps; when they end they go to ui.map, but you can't do anything (no menu just music and the background). I'm not sure if this is an error on Jobalisk's part or the Universal UI.
Edited by Giro on Aug 13, 2017 at 05:40 PM

can confirm its my fault, I never worked out how to reset the UI after you load the map at the end of a mission, any pointers for the future anyone?

Just a quick word about Wintersmith for those who didn't see the thread a while back, it's a remake of an older campaign, while the intro is somewhat similar the campaign/sp map itself is quite different, all the BSP's have been at least partially reworked and everything in it has been greatly improved. Do try the whole map some time.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 13, 2017 03:20 PM (Total replies: 12084)

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Quote: --- Original message by: Idaho

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Lol who defends someone that identifies as Alt Right? Like welcome to the eighth grade

I just wish people would focus on doing halo things instead of pretending political opinions matter when it comes to being part of the halo community, the politicization of the internet is a real plague to community efforts, so instead of going "lol alt right" or "lol sjw", a smart man better not say anything and go back to talking Halo...

Every time someone talks politics when he shouldn't be, that person is just clogging the common efforts of a community by bringing useless division to the group.
Edited by Idaho on Aug 13, 2017 at 01:35 PM

Welcome to Halomaps

Welcome to Halomaps, where we condense everything that's wrong with the internet into one forum.

Quote: --- Original message by: GirtheDoge
OMG thanks but I still have another problem about the brute tag causing sapien to crash. Is it corrupt?

more likely its missing, try to find the tag using the path it specifies in tool. if you can't find it then find a similar tag from lets say plasmarifle.light if its a light tag that's missing and make a copy at the appropriate path name then rename it to whats missing.

Halo CE General Discussion » R.I.P Jesse HUD's Aug 6, 2017 08:28 PM (Total replies: 8)

Quote: --- Original message by: snark567
Paint is almost useless.

Anyone got a stake we can tie this guy to and burn him for heresy?

Halo CE General Discussion » Playing Halo 2 with Multiplayer Aug 6, 2017 08:25 PM (Total replies: 1)

Hey all, been using this for a while and thought I might share it. Its a great way of using Halo 2 PC on the internet these days with servers and stuff. Its called Project Cartographer and it works quite well.

here's a link: http://www.h2v.online/
Edited by Jobalisk on Aug 6, 2017 at 08:26 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 6, 2017 04:44 PM (Total replies: 12084)

On a side note, Matt, are you ever planning on finishing Sierra 117 or is it on permanent hiatus these days?
Edited by Jobalisk on Aug 6, 2017 at 04:45 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Happy forum anniversary ODX! Aug 6, 2017 04:40 PM (Total replies: 18)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: il Duce Primo
The only people who steal credit is net-neutrality

^
This tbh.

Halo CE General Discussion » A Basic Introduction Aug 6, 2017 04:38 PM (Total replies: 4)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Boxy send noods.

I am both disturbed and curious...

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Tagset Redux Aug 5, 2017 09:55 PM (Total replies: 64)

Quote: --- Original message by: cippozzo
Guys, I have a question: could you notice the difference between Halo 2 and Halo CE with H2 tagsets?(Hud health bar apart)

There are some distinct differences in lighting and bump maps. Also, the Halo 2 PC version has from memory no detail maps.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 5, 2017 07:09 PM (Total replies: 12084)

Quote: --- Original message by: il Duce Primo
Halonimator you are a fool. You have nothing on the Community Mapping team and we create the best content around.

As much as I consider you somewhat of an idiot yourself after that net neutrality debuncle I agree. No one cares about what Halonimator thinks.

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 Gamenight! - August 27th Aug 5, 2017 07:08 PM (Total replies: 10)

Those two by the Spanish guys gave me eye cancer.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 4, 2017 09:29 PM (Total replies: 12084)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
It doesn't exactly work that well, and even after work is done, there is no guarantee you will be able to get the portals to work as well as it did before. It's like swapping out a solid foundation for a more rickety one, which is why we never edit stock areas. With the exception of the end of AOTCR which was just to cool an area to pass up.

Yeah, I know what you mean, I never said it was a great idea, but if push really comes to shove it is an option.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 4, 2017 04:59 PM (Total replies: 12084)

wouldn't a solution be to use a BSP exporter on the map to make an OBJ file then import it into 3ds Max and redo from there?

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 Gamenight! - August 27th Aug 3, 2017 09:56 PM (Total replies: 10)

this looks fun

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
The answer is in the name: "fanboy". There are fans and there are fan-boys but there aren't any fan-men. It is a matter of maturity and perspective.

This is definitely one for the Dennis Greatest Quotes album I need to make.

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
are you talking about the RTS built off the AOE2 engine?

great game, Star Wars Force Commander was my childhood though.

Halo CE General Discussion » R.I.P Jesse HUD's Jul 27, 2017 09:05 PM (Total replies: 8)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
I heard Microsoft backtracked on this?

they made it so you can download it for free off the store if you want.

Halo CE General Discussion » Found some beta footage of halo from mid 2001 Jul 26, 2017 11:54 PM (Total replies: 10)

Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice

Oh yeah.

We know about those ^_^

We even have the halo debug xbes for xbox available somewhere because the last people who had them tried to lock them away behind a decade of secrecy
Edited by OrangeJuice on Jun 11, 2017 at 09:52 PM

Gee I wonder who that waZ
Edited by Jobalisk on Jul 26, 2017 at 11:54 PM

Time: Thu August 17, 2017 7:42 AM 140 ms.
A Halo Maps Website