A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: lolslayer
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 10, 2018 07:54 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Halo, Knights and merchants, King Arthur's Gold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Post Statistics
lolslayer has contributed to 1013 posts out of 467785 total posts (.22%) in 1,363 days (.74 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » CE3ish Video Casting Call Dec 10, 2018 07:54 AM (Total replies: 18)

My heart is pounding like hell, even if it's much smaller than the usual CE3 I'm stoked to get something similar back

Halo CE General Discussion » [SP]The Flood: Forgotten Exile Nov 26, 2018 04:28 AM (Total replies: 252)

That's a few years ago that he said that, he could change his mind, hopefully...

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Nov 1, 2018 01:53 PM (Total replies: 132)

Late responds should result in late bumps, but eh, this deserves it ;)

Halo CE General Discussion » Omega Campaign Released! - player feedback Nov 1, 2018 01:47 PM (Total replies: 10)

You actually kept your promise! :D

EDIT:

Played through it, very enjoyable, very nice environments and very nice encounters, I didn't like the flood part tho and the terrain can use some smoothing
Edited by lolslayer on Nov 1, 2018 at 05:39 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Oct 30, 2018 04:52 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Sounds great, any ETA or footage?

I don't understand all of your questions, but for project cartographer we might see more SP maps now that the cartographer team got pathfinding to work for AI

Halo CE General Discussion » AI Sync Idea and Video Oct 14, 2018 11:56 AM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: Russian Poot Man
Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
This kinda works but it would result in a lot of rubber-banding for the AI which doesn't look nice, that's why you sync more than just the position

I edited the main post before I saw your response, I was thinking the same. If you update the rotation, then the locally ran AI attached to the server biped has a greater chance of making the same decision.

Even then you'll get a lot of rubber banding, the server side-AI might have chosen a certain action, while the client-side version still wants to do something else, if that doesn't get synced, both versions will constantly do something else and only align at the moments they sync

Halo CE General Discussion » AI Sync Idea and Video Oct 13, 2018 05:25 PM (Total replies: 6)

This kinda works but it would result in a lot of rubber-banding for the AI which doesn't look nice, that's why you sync more than just the position

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Oct 10, 2018 04:16 AM (Total replies: 108)

Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt
I think Neil is forgetting that the word "Custom" is half of the game's subtitle.

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Oct 7, 2018 07:10 PM (Total replies: 108)

Quote: --- Original message by: Kavawuvi
I only said graphics options, not advanced graphics options. My problem with many console games is that lots of console games still lack settings for stuff like FOV or being able to toggle post processing effects like motion blur or chromatic aberration. I also feel that having an option to choose between better graphics or better frame rate should be in more games.

I definitely agree with that, and like Masterz said, gears and rise of the tomb raider are good examples, but taking the extra step of having a a 30FPS/60FPS mode with an additional layer of customization between higher graphics/higher resolution would be absolutely perfect

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Oct 7, 2018 07:36 AM (Total replies: 108)

Quote: --- Original message by: Kavawuvi

However, this is my opinion. You obviously prefer your games to look pretty, and that's fine. I can respect that. On PC, you can have your way via graphics settings. Sadly, most console games, such as Halo 5, lack graphics options, so you have to go with whatever settings were baked into the game by the developers, even if they aren't optimal for you. I think limiting these options does a disservice to the hardcore fans, but I guess they think that having an FOV slider is already scary enough for casual players?

Console games should never have advanced graphics options, I do believe that having a few options is great though, as long as it's clear what kind of performance you can expect from it.
Like choosing between a 60FPS mode and a 30FPS mode, and when you have 30FPS enabled, the option for higher resolutions vs better graphics. Things like that would be great for console graphics settings. The option to uncap the framerate either way is also great, you should just know that you can't expect nice constant framerates then.
When I play on console I don't want to tinker around with graphics settings to get the fine line between graphics and performance, I just want to know what framerate I can expect and then automatically get the max out of the machine that would work with that framerate.
(Also, motion blur/FOV would be great to have as individual options, but only if it doesn't significantly affect the performance)

That's some good stuff :)

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Oct 5, 2018 03:57 PM (Total replies: 108)

I'm more than glad that they took those compromises to hit 60FPS, 30FPS doesn't bother me too much but 60 feels pristine

Halo CE General Discussion » Setting the record straight Oct 5, 2018 04:14 AM (Total replies: 37)

Like for the 666th time already?

Halo CE General Discussion » Infestation campaign beta Oct 2, 2018 02:38 AM (Total replies: 19)

Yesss, I've waited for this :)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
iirc Kirby made a scarab out of device machines to let you stand on it while it moves.

^^^

Halo CE General Discussion » Sierra 117 Sep 27, 2018 05:17 PM (Total replies: 1178)

Thanks

I've played it now, it was a short, but fun playthrough. Definitely one of the most beautiful single player maps out there, I can see why it took so much effort, good stuff
Edited by lolslayer on Sep 27, 2018 at 05:30 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Sierra 117 Sep 27, 2018 06:00 AM (Total replies: 1178)

Am I the only one where the map gets stuck in the cutscene just after Johnson pulls out the chip of Cortana? Chief and Johnson suddenly disappear but I still see a floating cigar, the sound goes on but eventually when it's finished nothing happens

Michelle to the rescue!

Also, this looks like a fun campaign, can't wait to play it, and don't forget to that SBB can Always playtest it for feedback ;)

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] El secreto Sep 25, 2018 03:07 AM (Total replies: 6)

Doesn't look like Halo, but I like it :)

Time: Wed December 12, 2018 9:52 PM 125 ms.
A Halo Maps Website