A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: SBB_Michelle
About Contact
Last Post: Today @ 09:44 PM
Website: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1KFt2o5u8cwEfo254hmywg
Interests: Programming, Animation, Game Design, things that are fun.
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Floof

Post Statistics
SBB_Michelle has contributed to 420 posts out of 468032 total posts (.09%) in 1,175 days (.36 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

I think the maps were lit using different skyboxes.

You can also light maps using tool so that you can use your computer while doing so.
Edited by SBB_Michelle on Jan 21, 2019 at 09:46 PM

Barely anyone knows about this topic. And you asked the question during holidays where people visit family and get wasted. GJ

https://haloce3.com/downloads/official-files/halo-custom-edition-game-english/?_sft_category=official-files

https://haloce3.com/downloads/official-files/patch-1-10/?_sft_category=official-files

Make sure you have the real installer.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Encounter via Sapien or Script Thing? Dec 26, 2018 03:09 PM (Total replies: 2)

It's one of the H-kill ones if I remember correctly.

Halo CE General Discussion » The Original Winterstruct Campaign Dec 21, 2018 01:13 AM (Total replies: 8)

Oh boy, lumoris.

You can't really fix that, they just render in the order they are stored in the BSP.

all you'll see in Sapien will be little lines protruding from the ground if done correctly. I know, it's dumb.

Halo CE General Discussion » Air/Ground Unit Hybrid Dec 9, 2018 10:19 AM (Total replies: 23)

It doesn't take 6 seconds to check. Because the *interval* is 30 ticks, it also checks it on tick 0.

The problem only happens if all conditions aren't met at once, then this delay happens.

Formatting suggestion:

(sleep_until (and (= (volume_test_objects land_bugvol1 (unit (list_get (ai_actors bug_fly) 0)))0)
(= (volume_test_objects land_playervol1 (players))0)
(= (volume_test_objects bugoffvol (unit (list_get (ai_actors bug_fly) 0)))1)
(= (volume_test_objects bugoffvol (unit (list_get (ai_actors bug_fly) 0)))1)
(!= (ai_status bug_ground)1) ) 10)

You see how one line is repeated?
I just copied Hamster's text and added newlines and some spaces. You have to format your code so you can avoid mistakes like this and so you can still read it if you haven't touched it within a week. This was a mistake I found simply by adding proper formatting.
Edited by SBB_Michelle on Dec 9, 2018 at 10:20 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3ish Video Casting Call Dec 7, 2018 08:50 AM (Total replies: 24)

My fiancee actually used to mod CE. And she still feels that pull to make something in the engine sometimes.

I've known some other girls that are/were into modding this game at some point. But, I barely have contact with them at this point. And their names would probably not be recognized.

But yeah, the demographic is skewed quite badly.

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3ish Video Casting Call Dec 7, 2018 04:49 AM (Total replies: 24)

I'm "that girl from Halo CE Now".

If you can't find me, ask Storm for my discord tag.

I'm here to pick a fight now. I will explain my rationale for:

(= (value_to_check) 0)

The reason is simple.

I will use a more generic style for this kind of comparison to explain this:

if (value_to_check == 0)

The rationale is that we're checking if value_to_check is 0. Not if 0 is value_to_check. Switching that around outside of halomaps will get you called out.

This is for clarity.

It's way easier to explain that you are checking if there is less than 4 enemies alive in your encounter, than it is to explain that you are checking if 4 is higher than the enemies alive.
It makes your code harder to read.

I suggest:
(sleep_until (or (>= (ai_living_count encounter) 4) (= (ai_living_count encounter/elites) 0) 5)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halo CE Noob Modder117
Keep forgetting to download that program, those pretty colours make it that much more attractive.

I suggest you download the program so scripting will be easier, not because it looks better. If all you're seeing is black and white the only thing that will save you is proper formatting.

Edit: Btw Hamster, you can also do:
(sleep_until ((unit_get_health banshee1) (unit_get_health banshee2) 0) 5)

And even more useful for you, an improvement to your 'secret save routine'
(sleep_until (game_safe_to_save) 5)
(game_save_totally_unsafe)

This value only rings true under much of the same conditions as (game_all_quiet) EXCEPT, it doesn't ring true when the player is airborne. Fixing your falling death save issue.

Edit: Screwed a thing up.
Edited by SBB_Michelle on Dec 1, 2018 at 12:56 AM

get notepad++

Set the language to lisp.

When you select the first parenthesis in your script [these thingies "( )"] you will notice it lights up, but no other lights up. That means you forgot to close your script.

Formatting suggestion to make this easier to spot:

Indent your script to signal what is part of what.

First indent on line 2 is because it is part of the script called test.
Second on the line 3 is because that only executes if the if statement returns true.

This script won't work even if you fix that though. Because you are executing this right when the map starts. It does not check over and over, but instead checks at a time where the player could have had no influence on it.

Instead do something like this:

Note how I didn't indent line 3. That is because line 3 is not part of the sleep_until statement like it is in the prior example. Instead of skipping everything in the if statement when the alive enemy count isn't 0 like in the first example. The whole script pauses when the condition is not met and will not unpause until it is met.

Note that (sleep_until) checks every second, so you may have to wait part of a second to see the effect.

You can adjust how fast it checks by adding an extra number

This variant checks every 10 ticks (or 1/3rd) of a second. I only suggest adjusting this when it is actually needed. If there is situations where there is multiple checks going on at once you can get odd inconsistent behavior.

< means less than
So, whatever way you order it would never work properly

Preferably you order these in in order of: thing you want to be 0, 0.

This is just for clarity and you can shrug it off as me being picky.

(= (ai_living_count test_encounter) 0)

The reason that your thing doesn't work as intended is because you are waiting for 0 to be less than the ai living count. Which means the condition is true as long as there is at least one character alive in your encounter. And it becomes false when there is no characters alive in your encounter.
bad:
(< 0 (ai_living_count test_encounter))
if (ai_living_count test_encounter) > 0 that means 0 < (ai_living_count test_encounter)

It also would not work the other way around:
(< (ai_living_count test_encounter) 0)

Because that means the amount of living enemies has to be -1 or lower for this script to activate.

Again watch out with this too (deadhamster's example):

(= 0 (ai_living_count test_encounter) 5)

This checks if (0 == (ai_living_count test_encounter) == 5)

And that can never be true as 0 != 5

You want to use:

(= (ai_living_count test_encounter) 0)

That will activate when there is 0 alive characters in this encounter, which only happens when they are all dead.

Alternatively you can check if there is less than a certain amount of enemies alive in the encounter:

(< (ai_living_count test_encounter) 3)

This means if there is LESS THAN 3 characters in the encounter alive it will activate. The highest number of characters in this encounter that can be alive for the script to start is 2.

Or:
(<= (ai_living_count test_encounter) 3)

This means that if there is 3 OR LESS characters alive in the encounter the script will start.

https://www.cs.cmu.edu/Groups/AI/html/cltl/clm/node124.html

Halo CE General Discussion » Help with 3dsmax...again Nov 28, 2018 08:51 PM (Total replies: 12)

If your biped is actually skinned in 3dsmax just link all the biped GEOMETRY to the pelvis frame / bip01

Halo CE General Discussion » Help with 3dsmax...again Nov 27, 2018 07:03 AM (Total replies: 12)

Put the models together in
data\characters\h2a_elite\models\

and do
os_tool model characters\h2a_elite

Halo CE General Discussion » [SP]The Flood: Forgotten Exile Nov 25, 2018 04:07 AM (Total replies: 252)

Hey, I don't like to bump like this. But could we maybe get a release of the project's source files or something?

Halo CE General Discussion » More flood stuff! Nov 25, 2018 02:27 AM (Total replies: 23)

I'm back to bother you about the plasma rifle.

So, last time I told you how to fix it and you didn't quite get my instructions right. Here are some pics of what you did in your map:

Here is what I did to fix it, exactly as how I have told you to fix it before:

The result:

I'm not mad, just a bit disappointed, you got it ALMOST right. Here is the fixed tag, but please try make sure you read read stuff thoroughly when a fix that someone is proposing isn't working right.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IyPUhkDIEXlCm-GP2i4t16BJZppP1cLc

(btw, the pics are in the real time editor, I fixed it without ripping the tags)

The animations are real, the tags are gone, the max files are intact.
I worked hard on them. I still don't think we even have h4 animation ripping.

Halo CE General Discussion » HALO CE = ERROR DXDIAG Nov 20, 2018 01:51 PM (Total replies: 3)

Do vidmode at a setting you know will work

-vidmode 640,480,60

Then when the game has launched, go to the settings and set the highest setting you can run properly. If the game lets you save this setting and doesn't do the popup thing after the resolution has changed remove the vidmode from your shortcut and everything should work fine.

It's more of a game term, since the game actually advances its scripting, physics, ai and everything else 30 times a second, all at the same time. We call it a tick, because that is when the clock ticks and time advances.

And yes, the biggest reason for it being 30 tick is because the game ran at 30fps on xbox.

Even with mods like chimera the game is still locked to this, we're just creating inbetween points between the ticks that are purely visual.

Edit: Almost forgot.

Sleep can be used differently than what you're doing.

(sleep <short> [<script>])

(sleep 800 (sound_looping_stop levels\b40\music\b40_08))

From the description on halo scripting bible it implies that this will keep the script that this sleep is executed in going, but it will in the background wait 800 ticks and execute this command when that time has passed.

-----

Also, if your music is not supposed to be a loop, there is a box you can tick in the sound_looping tag called: 'not a loop'. This makes it play only once and you won't need the script to end the track.

Edited by SBB_Michelle on Nov 20, 2018 at 01:40 PM

Time: Mon January 21, 2019 10:18 PM 125 ms.
A Halo Maps Website