A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: SBB_Michelle
About Contact
Last Post: Yesterday @ 04:57 PM
Interests: Programming, Animation, Game Design, things that are fun.
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Floof

Post Statistics
SBB_Michelle has contributed to 459 posts out of 469060 total posts (.10%) in 1,324 days (.35 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

I love the custom maps in this list. Always fun.

If you like these, you'll probably also like the ones here (They're made by some of the same people): https://opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/7455-halo-15-maps-converted-to-ce/

Quote: --- Original message by: not giraffe
Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle

We have:
  • A lovely cute-animals channel

Catering to furry/zoophile freaks?

Nope, just cute animals. The type that everyone likes.

Edited by SBB_Michelle on Jun 13, 2019 at 03:02 AM

Come join the CE Reclaimers Discord server!

We have:

• An inviting community.

• Modding focused channels.

• A HEK Wiki and Tutorial index which we maintain.

• Channels for discussing community projects like the MEK.

• A lovely cute-animals channel

We currently have over 175 members and are still growing!

Come and joins us at https://discord.gg/dzN28n9

Edit: I might have been a bit out of line.
Edited by SBB_Michelle on Jun 12, 2019 at 12:02 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Invader Jun 9, 2019 05:43 AM (Total replies: 14)

Nice space gains. I hope you can figure out the ai BSP attachment thing without too much more hassle.

Gotta love tool being compiled as a debug build making it slow.

I really think having an opensource map compiler will benefit us all at some point.

Python

Can confirm the node count upgrade.

Another worry though is that each node has its own set of matrices in memory, and objects only have so much memory to go around until they stop spawning because there isn't any space to put them in anymore. units being the heaviest on memory even without their nodes.

Remember to have some LODs where you removed the skinning from loads of bones. I haven't checked if that actually helps. But I know Bungie intended it to work that way.

Also, keep a check on the limit on animation data loaded in memory at a time. Too much data causes the game to just exception. A solution is compressing as many animations as possible. Luckily Halo's compression isn't that bad looking. Another solution is again removing nodes.

A lot of this is stuff I learned from having access to the old z-team h2 export tools.

A while ago I was working on a converter that directly converts amf to gbx models. I guess I should pick that up again sometime in the coming months.

Really though, use that amf importer that makes nodes/frames, the original amf importer does some broken things to bones, and you're better off not using it because of that.

I appreciate all of the words every single one of you is saying, but you're forgetting one important question.

Can we have the source? Please pretty please give us the source so that we can soak up that knowledge and possibly make different tools using it.

Most of our recent advancements in this community in the last few years has been because of people making their tools opensource and people working off each other and helping each other out.

Halo CE General Discussion » Proposal: How to share tags and maps May 19, 2019 02:46 PM (Total replies: 36)

I don't like dropbox because I have seen way more dead dropbox links than dead mediafire links. My personal suggestion goes out to google drive though.

Halo CE General Discussion » Terminology May 18, 2019 07:13 PM (Total replies: 9)

Are you on drugs?

Halo CE General Discussion » Proposal: How to share tags and maps May 18, 2019 06:56 PM (Total replies: 36)

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
Please provide the best link to an executable of MosesofEgypt's Refinery.

It's a tutorial, with a download link in the description.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGEjtX4u9FI&feature=youtu.be

Halo CE General Discussion » Proposal: How to share tags and maps May 18, 2019 01:20 PM (Total replies: 36)

Ok, this rustled my jimmies. Don't you ever tell people to use HEK+ again, tell them to use refinery so we can stop having broken zooms, animation functions, overlays, weapon type settings, crashing opensauce shaders and all that stuff.

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » Easy way to rip the sounds in H2V? May 16, 2019 06:10 PM (Total replies: 18)

You see that? This one is starting to learn how to speak halomaps!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Halo 2 style shield with health bar. May 3, 2019 06:49 PM (Total replies: 7)

I guess you'd make a function on the biped(, make it clamp to ones), set it to shield in, and have an attachment that will dispatch damage effects on you with negative damage as long as your shields are full (>=1).
Edited by SBB_Michelle on May 3, 2019 at 06:50 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » I can't compile sounds Apr 30, 2019 01:47 AM (Total replies: 2)

Here is a wiki page on sound compilation, although I don't think that will help much. https://hek.wikia.com/wiki/Sound

I suggest trying to move your modding directory out of program files, there may be insufficient permissions. Also make sure that the sound that you are trying to import is not in use by any program like audacity, or a virus scanner that is very possessive.

You should also try deleting the sound files in your tag directory to make sure that their brokenness isn't interfering with your hopefully non-broken wave files.

Halo CE General Discussion » HELP ME WITH VIRUS Apr 9, 2019 01:59 AM (Total replies: 6)

You mean I shouldn't run everything as admin?

I sure hope you made backups, turns out protecting maps can hurt when you've just lost all progress.

In all seriousness, start your pc in safe mode and install a virus scanner, let it do its job while still in safe mode and hope for the best.

Here, read the original thread on OpenCarnage.net.
https://opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/7606-chiron-md-69

What's a joke?

Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt
Maybe I could put an optional setting in Pool to apply this patch if it doesn't already exist.

Doit. You should also add the option to change the execution folder.

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
While its outside the scope of what you've done, do you know if it also fixes the problem where OS tool can't read a shared map file of a size of 2gb or higher?

Bungie probably used signed integers for all of its file reading operations, what that means is that the filesize can max be 2GB instead of 4GB. You probably shouldn't have more than that though, because CE is 32bit.
Edited by SBB_Michelle on Mar 30, 2019 at 01:32 AM

Bye, bye OS data/resource maps.

This is a tool I wrote to remove the max filesize from the map compilation process. It also always writes 0 to the map file header.
This makes it that Halo will never refuse to open a map file because of its own filesize check.

This has been tested and all signs point to it being safe.
You can download the patch script here: https://github.com/gbMichelle/HCE-STK/blob/master/tool_patcher.py
Right-click the raw button and choose "save as" if you only want the script.
You'll need Python 3.2 or higher to run it.

I have not uploaded an edited .exe file because I know there is at least 5 different tool.exe's floating around right now. And I want to be transparent about what it changes.

Time: Wed June 19, 2019 2:04 AM 157 ms.
A Halo Maps Website