A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts
Viewing User Profile for: SBB_Michelle
About Contact
Last Post: Yesterday @ 11:50 PM
Website: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1KFt2o5u8cwEfo254hmywg
Interests: Programming, Animation, Game Design, things that are fun.
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
SBB_Michelle has contributed to 294 posts out of 466182 total posts (.06%) in 867 days (.34 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » The Essential Mapping Pack [By Halonimator] Yesterday @ 11:50 PM (Total replies: 14)

Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice

Why would you want haloce to use more than 800mb of ram if it doesn't really do anything with 4gb of it?

To waste ram?

(Does alotting more ram to haloce(specifically haloce. Decidedly haloce)actually TANGIBLY improve something I'm not aware of? It's fun not knowing stuff! Telll meee moooooooreee!!!! ;) )
Edited by OrangeJuice on Mar 17, 2018 at 01:55 AM

The way the game is programmed does not allow for more than 2gb of ram to be used at max. And note that past 1gb all the dlls and everything get loaded. So, there isn't much space or even any space that the game can use from there.

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle
a better URL for it

Try https://goo.gl/ or https://tinyurl.com.

Better idea: http://halocetutorials.tk

I might make a proper website at some point in the future.

Edited by SBB_Michelle on Mar 18, 2018 at 11:29 PM

I only made it a few months ago. I wanted a new list because no good lists existed anymore. I only wish I could get a better URL for it.

Max 2017 works fine for me.

Here's mine:

Btw, 3dsmax on windows xp should almost work like a new version.
These tutorials are mostly newer than that though.

Edited by SBB_Michelle on Mar 17, 2018 at 03:19 PM

If you know the name of the encounter/squad that you bump possesed a biped from, you could set it to never freeze.

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Unfortunately there's no way around this

ai_force_active <ai> <boolean>
ai_force_active_by_unit <unit> <boolean>

Halo CE General Discussion » Make my single player bsps Feb 27, 2018 04:08 AM (Total replies: 15)

Oh cool, my custom map (that is not orbital) is seen as something bungie would have created. Thanks man.

Now on a serious note: If you don't advertise your project properly and show things you already have to show you have actual skill to do what you say you will do. You're basically screwed.

Halo CE General Discussion » Make my single player bsps Feb 27, 2018 03:13 AM (Total replies: 15)

Yeah whatever, boyo.
Have a picture of something the person you just blew off is working on.

Halo CE General Discussion » Make my single player bsps Feb 27, 2018 02:34 AM (Total replies: 15)

This is not how you get people to help you.

-Total polygons-triangles in the BSP
Unknown (really high)

-Total polygons rendered per scene
Vanilla: 16,383
hac2: 32,767
opensauce: 24,575

-Total shaders per BSP or/and scene
A LOT (I suggest not going too high with this as it lowers fps though.

Also I need to know if theres any way to increase rendered distance without need to modify a memory direction or at least how to make it permanent
Someone could make a chimera script as chimera is compatible with both hac2 and os. Then it could be any number you desire. (As long as you stay within the 10,000world unit limit for bsp sizes.

Edit: You can render 16,383 triangles per object, so you can put in a bunch of scenery objects.

Rendered object limit:

vanilla: 256
hac2: 1024
opensauce: 256 (this is due to an error in the opensauce code.

Edited by SBB_Michelle on Feb 26, 2018 at 07:11 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » os_tool isn't building my bitmap Feb 25, 2018 04:42 PM (Total replies: 7)

Move the tif files from tags to data

Halo CE General Discussion » Dreamweb 2 (Monthly Tag Releases) Feb 22, 2018 05:44 PM (Total replies: 44)

Quote: --- Original message by: helldeath360

There is a guy who made forernner weapons, he can helps you, I think he is Latin
Edited by helldeath360 on Feb 22, 2018 at 01:05 PM

We already have better forerunner animations. Mine.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Can't extract map? Feb 22, 2018 05:39 PM (Total replies: 5)

use os_tool instead of tool

An important lesson to learn in life is that sometimes less is more.

You have to install the opensauce tools

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » changing the post carnage texture Feb 17, 2018 01:09 PM (Total replies: 3)

Got this out of zteam's coagulation

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE v1.0.10 Plus Radeon 5970 Equals WTF Feb 16, 2018 08:56 PM (Total replies: 3)

Disable anti-aliasing in the amd control panel. This game hates anti-aliasing methods that aren't post processing.

Halo CE General Discussion » Does anyone need AI sync Feb 10, 2018 07:28 AM (Total replies: 20)

Yes, we need it. We all need it

When you extract a bsp to a model, you're only getting the render model, it has no collision specific material markers and atributes, it will miss the skybox, fog planes and things like that.

You will need to add these things back by yourself. You will also need to make sure that things like glass only have one side of their model actually modelled. What I mean with that is that they can not be doublesided, this causes overlapping face errors. It will be visually correct if it is only one sided in 3dsmax with a % in the material. You will also want the # identifier as it marks the material as see trough, if this is not done, things behind your glass and grates will derender if you portalled your map.

Portals will also be missing, so for some maps this can cause rendering issues and performance issues.

This is where most people usually go for the material symbols btw: http://hce.halomaps.org/hek/index.html?start=references/general/materials_overview.html
Should be a good source to help you.

Here is a tutorial index btw, it could be really helpful for you: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MK6ImBKO8te87dp406CWbq0xSg2uHTdxG_bKIGNF5Wk/edit?usp=sharing

Time: Mon March 19, 2018 8:03 PM 265 ms.
A Halo Maps Website