A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: SBB_Michelle
About Contact
Last Post: Yesterday @ 12:06 AM
Website: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1KFt2o5u8cwEfo254hmywg
Interests: Animation, Game Design, things that are fun.
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Dumb, sometimes..

Post Statistics
SBB_Michelle has contributed to 217 posts out of 461383 total posts (.05%) in 506 days (.43 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Yesterday @ 12:06 AM (Total replies: 37)

I guess I should post this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ual-1wt2c

Kudos to Moses for existing, being cool, smart and doing a converter for animation tags that makes them double the length and interpolates them.

Put the two textures in one and have them both be surrounded by blue.

Like this:

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Mar 19, 2017 08:06 PM (Total replies: 37)

I think Halonimator needs an intervention.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] Mo's Editing Kit (MEK) Mar 19, 2017 01:40 AM (Total replies: 24)

Download nvidia's photoshop plugin for dds compat. https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop

First the linking happens, then a big backup for all the links will be put in motion.

I'll have to check that channel.

I would rather not have people come into contact with Timmy the turtle.

I learned from his stuff too, but his way of modelling in these tutorials is bad, many of the other tutorials I linked will teach you how to model better than these.

I already looked through Yoda's things, I linked most if his playlists in the sheet.

I already look in other non-halo related places for useful knowledge, but still thanks anyways for suggesting.

That all said, I still have a backlog to work on trough, work on this thing isn't ending any time soon.

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Mar 16, 2017 02:14 AM (Total replies: 37)

Quote: --- Original message by: General_101

I hate to be that guy but what exactly am I supposed to be looking at? It looks the same but just sped up.
Edited by General_101 on Mar 16, 2017 at 02:06 AM

Literally the reason I posted my version, because mine isn't that.

aLTis actually helped me google a bunch of stuff for this.

Last year Ghost's tutorial index died which was a great loss, so while being frustrated at MattDratt not taking my tutorial submissions I started making my own place for tutorials.

This is it, The Halo CE Resource:

https://goo.gl/QdDqtL

Ramdom screenshot whooooooo!

On the top of the page you can find a submission form so you can submit any tutorial or useful tool stuff you have :D

I am far from done with this project and it already is really far because of some help from aLTis. (Cheer for aLTis)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Custom Sound Issue Mar 15, 2017 11:40 PM (Total replies: 8)

Try saving the file with audacity and then compiling.

Like Orange juice said, change the format of your bitmap tag to something that will work with an alpha, like interpolated alpha.

You can fix this issue by going to the bitmap tag you created and setting the format to something that has an alpha, like interpolated alpha.

Halo CE General Discussion » BlueStreak JMS Exporter 1.0.4 Mar 15, 2017 11:35 PM (Total replies: 10)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Eh jungle gym is infintely faster, but it's nice that your sharing stuff with the community unlike some people.

ALTIS

Jungle Gym screws with objects that have double materials though, like weapons with ammo counters.

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Mar 15, 2017 11:33 PM (Total replies: 37)

Here is a proof of concept 60fps thing I did which in my opinion shows the 60fps possibility way better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9yCZyiEMWQ

Just so people can see that 60fps isn't just double speed madness.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Custom Sound Issue Mar 15, 2017 05:07 PM (Total replies: 8)

Delete the sound tag and then recompile.

(And use the 22050 mono you tried before)

That he is a wuss

Halo CE General Discussion » multiplayer in halo-PC vs Halo CE Mar 9, 2017 07:17 PM (Total replies: 7)

More importantly, Custom Edition can play custom maps.

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV2 actual beta releases Mar 9, 2017 02:59 PM (Total replies: 69)

Well, I realized soon after that it was the gbuffer which lowers fps significantly and kills the cpu. It does still have to do with model detail, but the lag is caused by what opensauce does with it.

I suggest as a little optimization trick that you disable it at the beginning of your maps and toggle it when the visr is toggled. Because as far as I know the visr is the only reason for the gbuffer to even be on.

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV2 actual beta releases Mar 8, 2017 10:16 PM (Total replies: 69)

If they were making me purely angry I wouldn't participate in them so much.

It's a balance of laughing your butt off and at the same time also having to defend your points so you don't lose your credibility.

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV2 actual beta releases Mar 8, 2017 10:07 PM (Total replies: 69)

Yeah, honestly I should stop talking to this brick wall and go back to writing the design documents for my projects.

Time: Thu March 23, 2017 8:19 AM 437 ms.
A Halo Maps Website