A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: The Gravemind
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 13, 2018 09:55 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Um...Halo
I Am The Monument To All Your Sins

Post Statistics
The Gravemind has contributed to 95 posts out of 467800 total posts (.02%) in 873 days (.11 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » A sneak peak of my flood problem :P Dec 13, 2018 09:55 PM (Total replies: 7)

Thanks guys! I will keep you updated.

Edit: I got most of the day off and it's the beginning of the holiday so I spent almost the entire day on animations and got most of the Brute animations finished and I think it's the best one yet! Finished Matt's marine animation graph and finally fixed the flood elite.

Edited by The Gravemind on Dec 15, 2018 at 12:42 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » A sneak peak of my flood problem :P Dec 12, 2018 07:27 PM (Total replies: 7)

Yeah i'm gonna reanimate it like I did for the flood elite.

Halo CE General Discussion » A sneak peak of my flood problem :P Dec 11, 2018 09:39 PM (Total replies: 7)

Yeah i do have it already rigged to the original halo 3 skeleton and altheros's h2 brute animations work pretty well so I will use that as a base.

Halo CE General Discussion » A sneak peak of my flood problem :P Dec 10, 2018 11:00 PM (Total replies: 7)

I have been having a blast making these guys come to life with 3ds max. This is just a sneak peak at my tag set which i'm gonna release some day.

Album:https://imgur.com/a/LhkPDus

Progress:
Fix Infection Form H2 animation graph: done
Re-do Flood Elite H2 animation graph to seem more like halo 3 anis: complete! 12/5/18
finish Zteam's flood human animation graph: incomplete
Re-do Combat Brute animations using altheros beserk brute anis: almost complete needs testing 12/5/18

Add more animations to Matt's beautiful animation graph: Complete! 12/5/18
Finish Pure forms: Incomplete (not currently a priority)

All Models have been ported by me using my own shaders and modified shaders by various talented modders.

Release date unknown, hopefully I will finish before Christmas!
BTW I got imgur to work.
Edited by The Gravemind on Dec 10, 2018 at 11:01 PM
Edited by The Gravemind on Dec 15, 2018 at 12:13 AM
Edited by The Gravemind on Dec 15, 2018 at 12:50 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Sierra 117 Dec 6, 2018 10:44 PM (Total replies: 1178)

well tool is not very friendly in general and once the motivation is lost no one wants to continue hoping tool wont screw you over after spending hours on something.

Quote: --- Original message by: darknesssamurai

Submitting files to the site is no longer working. Has it intentionally been disabled? @Dennis

SUBMIT FILES PAGE: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=60

I'm uploading a .zip, only 20MB in size. Using the inspector, the page gives the following error: "failed to load resource server responded with a status of 500".

After pressing "Start Upload", the process begins; the 0% begins to increase. After a few seconds, the % number is replaced by a yellow triangle, then a pop-up error occurs.

There's no announcement section I have seen indicating Upload are cut off, though it does look like most uploads stopped significantly after 2016.

Are any of you also facing this problem with the upload feature?
Edited by darknesssamurai on Nov 30, 2018 at 11:46 PM

Dennis stopped updating quite a while ago. Try uploading it to CE3

Oh hey dead hamster glad to still see you around

Halo CE General Discussion » Help with 3dsmax...again Nov 27, 2018 10:40 PM (Total replies: 12)

NO DO NOT USE A FRAME BOX I spent hours in rage because of this. All imported models should have something like frame pelvis or bip01 pelvis. Link everything including the geometry you want to it. To properly import materials uncheck Attach Parts of Mesh Within Region in the model geometry options located on the bottom right.
https://imgur.com/JaGc4IE
You will have the manually rename the geometry however, you can just import the normal model in a different scene to view their names. Regions are not 100% necessary unless you want removable limbs like the flood however they are easy to make.

Edited by The Gravemind on Nov 27, 2018 at 10:46 PM
Edited by The Gravemind on Nov 27, 2018 at 10:48 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » More flood stuff! Nov 25, 2018 09:08 PM (Total replies: 16)

Yay! so you did get them to work?

Halo CE General Discussion » [SP]The Flood: Forgotten Exile Nov 25, 2018 02:53 PM (Total replies: 252)

The creator said he won't release his bsp files sadly

Halo CE General Discussion » More flood stuff! Nov 21, 2018 09:30 PM (Total replies: 16)

Definitely gonna try this later.

1. I heard the most of the dreamcast tags were lost after a hard drive failure including the forerunner weapons.

2. Gamecheat probably did fake his and only few people have access to h2a models. I really wan't to get my hands on those sweet flood models.

3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC3hqIyjthc&list=PLsYFcdY5bHyIEj38SFXPRgTCqItJMyLRi that playlist contains the basics for modeling in 3dsmax. I have the latest version and the ui is pretty much the same. I recommend getting a custom biped with halo 1 bones and avoid custom animations for now.

4. All my tagging skills are from trial and error I never did find any tutorials sadly.

damn I feel enlightened

the only thing i know is that one tick is roughly 0.03 seconds I could be horribly though.
Edited by The Gravemind on Nov 19, 2018 at 01:31 AM

Quote: --- Original message by: Halo CE Noob Modder117

With the scripting for example I cannot find out how to do conditions example: Get music to stop playing at a certain trigger point, objective or killing off an encounter. OR spawning an encounter AFTER killing another encounter.

The scripts I know as of right now:
Fade in
Chapter title
Objective pop up text (left side of screen text that pops up telling you to do something)
Spawn/Destroy vehicles, encounters etc.
Spawn encounters in seats (THIS is buggy half the time some AI don't spawn in seats I set)
Trigger music
Trigger volumes
Start another mission (I experimented and did a trigger volume to kill the player, restart the mission and load into another campaign mission)

Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Nov 18, 2018 at 04:20 AM

(sound_looping_start levels\a10\music\a10_01 none 1.00) starts music

(sound_looping_stop levels\a10\music\a10_01) ends music

and there is so many ai scripts I can't remember them.

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2809 has most or all scripts

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5938 all ai scripts
Edited by The Gravemind on Nov 18, 2018 at 03:57 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Omega Campaign Released! - player feedback Nov 18, 2018 03:49 PM (Total replies: 10)

yep that's it

I recommend doing animations last cause it ain't easy especially those freaking overlays or maybe I just suck at it.

oh and congrats on your first map I am terrified to try and make one.
Edited by The Gravemind on Nov 18, 2018 at 01:11 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Omega Campaign Released! - player feedback Nov 18, 2018 01:06 AM (Total replies: 10)

do you even have the console enabled? try pressing ~ in the main menu.

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Nov 16, 2018 08:26 PM (Total replies: 961)

that's gonna be tough because the rocks and trees are scenery tags, equipment are equipment tags etc. all are separate from the map (bsp).

Edited by The Gravemind on Nov 16, 2018 at 08:28 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » AI and Loading zones Nov 15, 2018 09:33 PM (Total replies: 5)

sorry man no idea how to fix that on halo combat evolved.

Time: Sat December 15, 2018 5:26 AM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website