A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Halo CE Noob Modder117
About Contact
Last Post: Feb 20, 2020 04:47 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Hamster, Michelle & Spiral, thanks for your help.

Post Statistics
Halo CE Noob Modder117 has contributed to 225 posts out of 469775 total posts (.05%) in 563 days (.40 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » I demand Halo 3 on my Steam Account Feb 20, 2020 04:47 PM (Total replies: 3)

Get a job 'Mod God'.

NEVER MIND... I found out what the issue was... FFS
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Feb 20, 2020 at 09:53 AM

5.5/10-

Not enough well known actors. I mean what movies and TV shows are those people known from? Like who names their children with those names?! What are they? Online aliases? I bet they all sound like flat-American robots too... Gosh hopefully there's a mute dialogue option... Oh and... Not enough Halo 3 assets...

Will this mod feature that annoying 'self-proclaimed Halo mod God' too?

Will this mod receive as much attention as the Cursed Halo mod?

Will this mod require OS version 9.9.9.1 with 100 TB RAM?

Will this mod function properly with the dead and unsupported UUI version -1.2 early 2000 edition?

What Halo 3 assets does this mod include?

The press would like to know more information.

GameSpot- 9/10 fantastic esports experience

GamesRadar- 9.5/10 beautiful microtransactions

Kotaku- 9/10 nice to spend $5 for some extra rocket launcher ammo for some of the near impossible unbalanced encounters

Jack Wall- 0/10 filed for copyright and cease and desist for illegal use of Mass Effect OST
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Feb 20, 2020 at 04:31 AM

So...

I noticed in some campaign mods that people have done voice acting and used their voice alongside the radio distortion that you hear throughout the game when hearing members of the UNSC are communicating with you, Cortana or themselves.

My question is, how do you do it?

Do you have to extract the radio distortion sound and recompile sound tags?
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Feb 16, 2020 at 06:13 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Custom Tags Feb 16, 2020 06:04 PM (Total replies: 5)

Firstly, you cannot edit the map file itself. You need the scenario tag file.

My question to you...

a) are you using Halo Custom Edition?
b) do you have the Halo Editing Kit installed?

If you've answered 'YES' for both questions, you can proceed...

If you have Halo Custom Edition, you can access the Halo Editing Kit and install yourself a Tags folder (or get a more improved and updated one from the user: Moses of Egypt [his tags are on his discord, I got kicked out or my link broke you'll have to ask someone else for it if you want the better tags as the stock ones are kind of broken]).

Once you install the Halo Editing Kit, you'll not only have this 'tags' folder where you can create and or edit the tags you want into a map's scenario file, you'll also get three programs that are critical to undertaking this process:

Guerrilla- A tag creator and editor (I suggest finding Kornman00's Guerrilla as it allows you to fiddle with some aspects that are greyed out in the normal Guerrilla)
Sapien- A scenario populator
Tool- A compiler (which in your case, compiles the scenario file and its tag dependencies into a map)

Now, if you're asking about how to do this and you don't have Halo Custom Edition or the Halo Editing Kit... Well... I guess you cannot do it...

Ok I think I might be misunderstanding something.

Usually with BSPs I NOW ONLY use smooth group number 1 on the terrain and cliffs. All the structures I usually don't apply smooth groups.

I've noticed some 'curved' forerunner structures throughout some base game maps actually are faceted and not have a smooth group applied.

I read somewhere that Halo can only use or should use up to smooth group number 3. I take it that its a load of rubbish?

One other final thing to mention- when completing a BSP in 3DS MAX is it better to export the map as ONE whole object?

OR is it better to separate the BSP into multiple objects by material ID as its like when you first import a BSP into 3DS MAX?

EXAMPLE- On import you get:
metal_plate_floor
b30_ground
b30_cliffs
water
waves
portal_1
portal_2
tech_dense_circuits
metal_panels_ext

Can I export my BSP as:
>frame
>>bsp1
Where bsp1 is the sky, ground, water, panels, floor etc. all as one object linked to the frame
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Feb 13, 2020 at 10:52 PM

Well... This is probably going to be the FINAL 3DS MAX BSP geometry related question I need an explanation for...

Smooth Groups. I read that its a 3DS MAX issue.

When you weld all verts or make or delete faces, the model gets some weird shading problem and once you get it into Halo the map looks disgusting.

So, since there are thousands of maps people have made and many of them don't have this problem, how do you apply smooth groups without the weird black shaded crap happening?

OR- I take it this only happens in old 3DS MAX programs? If I use it in a newer one this wont happen?

It's really weird.

Another easy way to recreate it, make an outdoor section, apply smooth groups and just rotate around the mesh in 3DS MAX and all the structures, ground etc. will get this weird black wave-like effect all over the place.

Ref: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4yj7cRfvSw

As seen in this video for those who have no idea what I'm talking about.
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Feb 12, 2020 at 08:40 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Multi-Installs of Halo? Feb 8, 2020 10:34 PM (Total replies: 2)

I'll do some experiments and report back if I get both working.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Firefight: Heir of The Old Lords Feb 8, 2020 09:42 AM (Total replies: 9)

Oh my...

I'm really loving that Halo 2 Anniversary inspired HUD... Looks pretty...

Too bad this level isn't in the UUI!!! *Looks at you UUI authors...*

So is this actually just a firefight arena or an actual campaign mission?

Either way, I'll be giving this map a shot when I re-install OS...

Sucks though I'm knee deep in recording dropship animations now I have to re-update Halo and re-install OS... Tedious...

Halo CE General Discussion » Multi-Installs of Halo? Feb 8, 2020 09:34 AM (Total replies: 2)

So I'm using a down-graded version so I can continue making non-os mods and most especially: recording animations as I've read that it doesn't work on newer updates...

Now in saying this...

I want a re-run of CMT SPV3, I want to play the new OS mods that have come out recently and I want to play SOI's new firefight level.

Problem is, does that mean I have to re-update my Halo and re-install OS?

Can I make another folder called Halo Custom Edition OS next to my Halo Custom Edition folder and have both an OS and my old version installed at the same time?
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Feb 8, 2020 at 09:35 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Refined Tags FATAL Bug Jan 31, 2020 06:43 AM (Total replies: 2)

Fair enough.

I got to say... It's been so long I forgot what the ORIGINAL XBOX HALO looked like...

No rainbow glass, no weird shiny reflections on every object, proper jackal shields, dropship effects, shield door and shield textures, proper AR and other normals...

My god what did Gearbox do...

Ahk, I'll run a test and see what happens. I'll post an update soon...

Hmmm.... Nope, nothing... I even copied the UUI script and attached it to the script part of the campaign select and it did nothing in-game. As for my script, I just want one mission to display on my list but for some reason it stays as the original A10-D40 list.

I want my map list to read:

Bull Crap Map Part 1
Smelly Map Part 2
Dummy Map Part 3

So what will my script look like?

(script dormant ???
(map_name testscenario1
)

(script dormant ???
(map_name testcrapscen2
)

(script dormant 3
(map_name scenario3
)

EDIT2: I had this same issue a year or two ago where despite editing the lists (I copied and pasted the menu lists as I wanted the stock menu with my new campaign and multiplayer maps) the lists remain the same, loading and displaying the stock maps like I edited nothing. My custom bitmaps, titles and descriptions show in the block on the right, but the list names remain as The Pillar of Autumn - The Maw (and the same for multiplayer).

EDIT3: I'll start over...

Let's begin with making a BLANK container for the custom missions list

Never mind. So, how do you make the ui.script load scenarios?

And what tag do you use to link that scenario or script?

No matter what I do, my new lists retain the OG map list names. Only the pictures, descriptions and titles (on the right box panel) show my custom items.

Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Jan 31, 2020 at 09:49 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Refined Tags FATAL Bug Jan 30, 2020 07:43 AM (Total replies: 2)

Refined Cortana tags

(Sapien crashes any time I load a mission's BSP where she is (like the Control Room or Autumn Bridge)

01.30.20 23:21:23 EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\rasterizer\rasterizer_transparent_geometry.c,#137: group->sorted_index>=0 && group->sorted_index<transparent_geometry_group_count

Refined A10 monitor glass shader tags

(Sapien goes ballistic on the Autumn's bridge about an incompatible bitmap in the shader)

01.31.20 01:29:02 ### ERROR incompatible bitmap type in shader
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Jan 30, 2020 at 09:58 AM

?

I need help with a UI script.

Like the Universal UI, how would you go about adding a string to the UI to list your custom campaign map?

Someone once said "copy the UUI script". Well no, that doesn't really teach anyone anything and secondly, you get errors anyway so its not like you can just rip, copy and change.

I've done the map names, pictures and descriptions, all I got left to do is add a new button in the main menu screen and have it display those levels and load the corresponding scenarios.

And well... I also want to make my own UUI because the only one in existence doesn't really get any updates nor can everyone add their maps to it...
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Jan 25, 2020 at 09:36 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » I have an offering... Jan 16, 2020 09:38 AM (Total replies: 2)

I never understood why Johnson never had rolled sleeves...
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Jan 17, 2020 at 01:58 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » I have an offering... Jan 16, 2020 07:35 AM (Total replies: 2)

I'm bored. Anyone got some BSPs they want me to try fix for them?
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Jan 17, 2020 at 01:59 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » 3DS MAX ISSUE- BONE WEIGHTS INCORRECT Jan 15, 2020 09:11 AM (Total replies: 0)

NEVER MIND I FIXED IT

Anyone? I will now attempt to use a newer 3DS MAX and see if it solves the problem...
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Jan 17, 2020 at 01:53 AM

...So now that this is a thing, can we expect to see someone create a huge tag pack with fully rigged and animated Halo2/3/ODST/REACH bipeds, vehicles and weapons for use in CE?

And no I'm not talking about the already existing ancient buggy knock-offs and OS junk. I'm talking real ported newer Halo game assets fully compatible with stock CE.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Can you make custom powerups? Jan 14, 2020 12:13 AM (Total replies: 0)

If so, do you need OS halo? If yes, never mind...

Time: Sat February 22, 2020 8:47 AM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website