A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Halo CE Noob Modder117
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 31, 2020 08:19 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Can we just be friends? Chill my dudes...

Post Statistics
Halo CE Noob Modder117 has contributed to 270 posts out of 465382 total posts (.06%) in 609 days (.44 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

I thought the same thing.

The reason why I persisted and became 'addicted'... Yes I am, I cannot seem to stop making BSPs... Was because I had hope that one day either CE will explode again (in popularity not... Actual explosions) and or MCC would have a similar framework so that... Well, we can go make mods there too.

From my experience, I was really bummed out having errors but once you learn the basics and furthermore helpful tricks and new methods, it becomes real fun once you can actually play your creations in-game.

I got into the modding scene VERY late. I've utilised 100% of the refined tags and HD upgrades (Jesse's HRH HUD). I mod as a hobby now on the side (with some mates of mine). I'd like to one day show everyone what I've made but I feel like unless you've made some badass mega OS firefight or campaign mod with the latest ports or CMT SPV3 tags, there's no point- you're just another stock Halo trash mod. -But that's just my 5 cents on the matter, I've actually not seen anyone actually think that but it would also be nice to know how much interest people will have taking a step back and experiencing a mod that uses PURE CE assets. Not ports, no CMT tags, no OS and no abnormal stand-out and out-of-place BSP textures or geometry.

Obviously limitations with the engine is a core problem but now I have a secondary question:
Unless you're using OS, are there limitations on the stock assets?
-OR-
How far can you go with stock assets before Tool, Sapien or Halo itself ceases to function with memory or exception crashes or errors?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Recorded Animations always out of snyc Mar 31, 2020 08:01 PM (Total replies: 2)

(a) 30FPS
(b) This is probably what I'm doing wrong

I have a 2nd pelican tag and 2nd spirit tag (pelican_prop and spirit_prop) with W-driver. I have them sitting in my missions and I simply enter them and make recordings.

On a side note- It's actually quite funny watching the dropships unload passengers to fall to their deaths... I'm a monster...
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Mar 31, 2020 at 08:02 PM

I get that CE doesn't have the sandbox of future Halo games regarding biped, weapon and vehicle variety but why does everyone prefer to use ports, OS and CMT's tags?

With regards to level design, I've seen that custom textures and future Halo ports are used as well.

Is this all done to fulfil the fantasy of making mods in the other Halo games or are they just simply personal preferences?

I've just completed my first project using as many 'lore friendly' assets as possible with regards to tag set and level geometry. I don't know why but as much as I want to make an OS mod or something that utilises CMT's tags or the future Halo asset ports, I don't know. I kind of like CE as it is.

(EDIT: I'm really loving the discussion in this thread... "I am shocked, almost too shocked for words..." Thanks for keeping it clean)
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Mar 31, 2020 at 08:05 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Recorded Animations always out of snyc Mar 30, 2020 03:59 AM (Total replies: 2)

People, I have a weird issue, one I don't need help with but would want to know if it happens to anyone else. So I'm basically done with my campaign missions and are putting the final touches on them. After my 50th play test I've noticed that sometimes my dropships are a little off compared to what I recorded and it ALWAYS requires me to either tilt, rotate or move them around in Sapien and test the recording until it flied to where I actually want it to go. My guess is that it's frame related.

Is this normal? I can always get it to work but my goodness sometimes it gets a little tedious...

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Takedown: Extermination Mar 30, 2020 03:54 AM (Total replies: 13)

I keep getting exception data crash when defending Lawson. When the AI notifies you of the 60% progression it ALWAYS happens. I cannot seem to get past it...

Also, the voice acting. Despite the obvious flaws sounding like I was listening to a bunch of different Americans speaking over their XBL headsets, I like the lines in the base segments. Great job to everyone.

...As for the 'hangar guard'... I ensured I exhausted every bit of dialogue... SBB... Cannot mistake that voice... Nice singing... I'd still like to know the story behind that black visor...
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Mar 30, 2020 at 05:45 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Takedown: Extermination Mar 28, 2020 07:57 PM (Total replies: 13)

Ca'mon!

I need to buy the Custom Edition Year 12 Season pass to play it?!

Jokes...

DOWNLOADING NOW

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 27, 2020 11:00 PM (Total replies: 11491)

New Mombasa? Those faces make my vertices rise... Cool stuff

I stick around here to see the once in a blue moon projects people post here like this and M.D's Extermination.

...And to attempt to get some advice from the few 'sane' people who still linger here willing to assist new comers in making stuff...

I don't see this site existing in the next decade. Hopefully 343 make better tools to mod Halo then the Microsoft and official Halo sites would finally put this place to rest. And well... There'd be much less arguing...

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Endless and Repeat Scripts Mar 26, 2020 10:17 PM (Total replies: 2)

Sweet, thanks for that confirmation.

Love the script example by the way.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Endless and Repeat Scripts Mar 26, 2020 10:13 AM (Total replies: 2)

Is it possible to have a script repeat itself throughout the duration of a level?

E.G. Spawn a vehicle, have it complete its run, despawn, respawn and repeat the exact same thing?

Like Halo 2 on Metropolis, the pelicans at the end spawn in, fly across the ocean, despawn and sleep for 5-10 seconds and the script resets.

Is this what is called a 'continuous' script?

(script name continuous crap
(spawn pelican object creation
(recording play and hover
(unload poop
(recording play and delete
(sleep 1000 years
(repeat?
)
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Mar 26, 2020 at 10:13 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Searching for Vehicle tutorial info Mar 26, 2020 10:08 AM (Total replies: 0)

Laddies and gentlemen...

a) How do you PROPERLY import a vehicle into 3DS MAX

-Chop some pieces off, texture the rest-

b) How do you PROPERLY export the vehicle out of 3DS MAX

Basically, instead of making some of the Warthog's pieces use an invisible shader to hide a piece of it whilst still have the collision of the hidden object- I want to chop some things off of the hog (and maybe add a few... Funny objects...) and leave its texture, animation and physics intact- as well as update it's collision to work obviously.

Wait... Review video? ...You get... EARLY... A.C.C.E.S.S.?

........................Inhales deeply...................

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria - Refined? Mar 26, 2020 09:59 AM (Total replies: 7)

I may or may not have stolen the pilot biped and the BSPs... It was by accident I swear...

The other reason why I loved Lumoria was it not requiring OS etc. and it actually looking like an almost lore friendly set of missions. Minus the Halo 2 ODST and (Halo 3?) flowers...

Halo CE General Discussion » [Progress] Sound tool by janus/altheros Mar 26, 2020 09:55 AM (Total replies: 7)

How about we see a Tool where we can convert OS tags into OG...

Or a tool where we can accurately port Halo 2, 3, ODST and Reach assets into CE with minimal effort...

OR... A LEGIT SUGGESTION NOW...

A tool where we can combine or edit sound tags without needing to extract and recompile them?

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Takedown: Extermination Mar 21, 2020 07:06 AM (Total replies: 13)

Do I sense some kind of plot twist where that white elite with the forerunner symbols on his armour might become some kind of ally?

Halo CE General Discussion » Why can't Elite Bipeds change colours? Mar 21, 2020 07:03 AM (Total replies: 9)

I've experimented with every section of the tag and its widgets. Nothing.

The elite cannot change colours like the other bipeds.

Thanks for the suggestions people, stuff it. Worth a shot.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Takedown: Extermination Mar 20, 2020 07:58 AM (Total replies: 13)

Looking sexy...

Halo CE General Discussion » Why can't Elite Bipeds change colours? Mar 20, 2020 07:57 AM (Total replies: 9)

This is what I'm talking about, you cannot change the elite's colour.

I take it that it has something to do with the Bitmap? But it just makes no sense because the biped cannot match say the major elite's colour. It will be a different shade.

The actor variants cannot change colour either- How are the current in-game tags even working in the first place?

This is an absolute mystery...

Halo CE General Discussion » Why can't Elite Bipeds change colours? Mar 16, 2020 08:41 PM (Total replies: 9)

I'll make some pictures later.

I went into the elite minor one and changed the blue squares to green.

It didn't change in-game, he was still blue HOWEVER, it seems as though it only changes the shade of blue slightly. Same as if you try to make an elite major or elite commander biped.

You cannot even replicate their colours onto the biped.

Now all I have left to ask is... What the hell? This has been stumping me for a while.

The grunt can basically change into any colour you choose but the elites for some reason, refuse to do so... Weird.

Halo CE General Discussion » Screen resolution Mar 16, 2020 08:38 PM (Total replies: 4)

I guess you could re-install HCE and re-update it to an older version.

You can also copy the folder and make a 2nd HCE directory and update that to 1.10 OS

Correct me if I'm wrong, when I tinkered with the resolution, I cannot remember if it was PRE-OS, didn't some of the HUD elements screw up?

Like the motion tracker sweeper and sniper rifle zoom scope elements were out of place and went all... 'Stuffy'...

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria - Refined? Mar 16, 2020 08:35 PM (Total replies: 7)

I don't quite get the hate Lumoria receives. I enjoyed it. I thought it was 'beautiful'. I loved the scenery and the forerunner interiors.

I guess my only little annoyance I had was the 'custom voice'... Which there's nothing wrong with the voice acting, it just felt out of place.

Otherwise I give it an 8/10 in my books.

Time: Wed April 8, 2020 6:05 PM 125 ms.
A Halo Maps Website