A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Halo CE Noob Modder117
About Contact
Last Post: Today @ 11:55 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Some tutorials would be nice...

Post Statistics
Halo CE Noob Modder117 has contributed to 62 posts out of 467796 total posts (.01%) in 74 days (.84 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Change physics back to normal? Today @ 11:55 AM (Total replies: 2)

My access is denied when attempting to load that link... Better yet I tried accessing the map section and that is also denied... What is this secret map site I have never heard of? Intriguing...

Guys, I dunno what other gameplay related globals are changed in the PC/CE versions of Halo but the big one that stuck out for me on this (which 343 have failed to fix on the MCC on the Xbox too apparently) the falling damage and time it takes before you are killed whilst falling.

How to test? Go on your OG Xbox and boot up Halo. Play AotCR and jump off the first bridge. Now go do this again on the PC. You'll notice you can bounce off the ledge of the cliff and hit a tree or rock and survive the fall (Xbox). On PC, you will die before you even reach the ledge. Now, find a big enough rock on the 2nd mission and jump off of it. You'll notice on the PC that you will either lose almost all your health, shields and possibly get killed. On the Xbox however you can jump off rocks without being damaged at times and avoid dying from stupidly small distances as you do on PC.

Is there a way we can get a Xbox Halo map and see all the tags and the information in those tags?

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT isn't really CMT anymore Today @ 11:43 AM (Total replies: 3)

I need a history lesson here... Who makes up the team of CMT? There is the CMT SPV3 team with Masterz but apparently it was a different CMT who made the SPV1 and 2 campaigns and the CMT multiplayer maps... This always confused me...
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Oct 21, 2018 at 11:43 AM

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337

Quote: --- Original message by: Bungie LLC

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337

Quote: --- Original message by: Halo CE Noob Modder117

Sorry Master, the Halo Wars, Reach, CE, 2 and 3/ODST Warthogs looked the same. Halo 4 and 5 and H2A all had that yucky square box looking thing with monkey bars around it and unused gas cans attached to the rear. I like your Hog don't get me wrong, but the bars just reminded me of a certain abomination I don't like to think about...

I expected more from you than some whiney " I don't like it its bad because it's 343". Cages are used all the time on vehicles that go off road, to absorb impacts and protect the vehicle. Hating on it because 343 did it is assinane. The old hog design was fine for it's time but the 343 one is an improvement in every way. Just because you are looking for things to nitpick doesn't make your stance right or means you should be respected for having it. There are far more flaws in the Bungie design that the 343 one corrects than needing to make up things like "It has bars! it has gas tanks!".

Edited by Masters1337 on Oct 7, 2018 at 12:26 PM

I love how you praise aesthetic deviancy from the traditions set by the original trilogy of games and beyond, criticise titles from that trilogy (namely, Halo: 3), and then wonder why people are so critical and skeptical of your blatant 343i shilling.

If you do not acknowledge that 343i's radical changes since the relinquishment of the franchise by Bungie has done nothing but damage and divide fans of the series and the franchise as a whole, then you are being willfully ignorant.

Halo has traditionally always been a "grounded" military sci-fi experience, which gradually built itself up throughout the span of the original trilogy and created for itself a unique and consistent style for it's universe. The Reclaimer "trilogy" has done nothing but dismantle and tarnish the unique style of Halo's traditional designs and aesthetics, and has instead abandoned them in favor of a more generic, high sci-fi look, with overbearing amounts of plastic-looking materials, liberal amounts of sharp edges and unnecessarily complex structures all across the board. There's also the narrative of the new games, and the massive changes and retconning they've done to the universe itself. The series, as it currently stands, has lost its identity, something that Halo: Infinite is supposedly going to fix. Still, that remains to be seen.

P.S.: Don't preach to anyone about """realism""" so long as you've got silly things going on like M41 LAAG turrets hanging off the pelican's wings. There's a gargantuan list of silly things all throughout the SPV3 campaign that make next to no sense, in both practical terms, as well as in-universe violations of canon.
Edited by Bungie LLC on Oct 18, 2018 at 06:42 PM

I've always been critical of the original games, you can look up my post history going back to 2004 when Halo 2 came out. I got into modding because I was disappointed by the Bungie games, the only reason I am more vocal now in my disapproval of them now is because of the massive circle jerking around them. I would also add that my views of the OT are pretty similar to that of actual people how worked on the games, who have many of the same concerns and complaints about them.

343 may have divided fans, but I chalk that up more to the disastrous launch of MCC (much of it was outside their control as they've explained) and the lack luster launch of H5, which was by far the most problematic launch since H2. Their games on their own are good, and more solid than most of the bungie games, but people are blinded of the good feelings of 10-14 years ago, rather than the actual quality of the games. There is a reason H5 remains more popular than MCC, despite the huge push with the update and additions to gamepass. People will always opt out of the games, as they get older and new things are made available, its inevitable with a franchise of this age.

Halo has never been "grounded" it's always been somewhat campy and goofy, which was something I never really liked about H2 and H3 and liked about H1, ODST, Reach and H4. The 343 games reflect what people wanted in games graphically, starting with the mockery of H3 and the praise of Reach. You can easily complain about H5's narrative (it sucks) but H4 was top notch and a response to the anemic stories of H3, ODST, and Reach which came as a response to the backlash of H2, and felt incredibly dated as stories in games became more complex.

The franchise is still massive, and still important to the xbox. There is a reason it is one of the oldest popular titles on the top charts, and the reason it is consistently the top played XBox exclusive game. Has it lost people, sure. But it's also still going very strong. Infinite is obviously trying to get people to give Halo another chance who have become disinterested, as it should as you always want to try and retain your audience and H5 has seemingly brought in more people than it retained from past enthusiasts.

If it were up to me, we'd ditch all our art and go with the 343 style aesthetic, which is what we were doing with the Banished project. Sure we have goofy stuff, but we are a small team of 10 people and what is fun and interesting i s more important than realism, although I wish we could have an attention to detail in all our art assets that 343 has. I'd also add that we don't have to be realistic as we are fine being unrealistic, where as 343 games are designed to look realistic. Honestly to compare us and our art to that of some of the most expensive games on the market is ridiculous, if we had the budget we'd of course look very different.

Quote: --- Original message by: Halo CE Noob Modder117

Mini 343i rant:

This is the one issue I had with this new trilogy of Halo. Its like a corny sci-fi flick now. Everything about it feels corny. The looks, the SFX, characters, music, honestly can I even say story? Let's be honest, it sucks. These newer Halo titles are becoming LESS to do with the actual Halo rings. They said we're not calling Halo 6 Halo 6 we're calling it something different: Halo Infinite. Uh MAYBE they should have changed the 'HALO' name since 4 and 5 kinda had nothing to do with any Halo rings until the end credits cutscene in Halo 5 and resurgence of familiar territory and another ring in Halo Wars 2. It should have been called: The Promethean Chronicles or something. I liked it better when the Forerunners were an ancient entity, only known by the rumours and objects they've left behind... The mystery was so great and anyone could have come up with some kind of lore and imagination with an open mind, now we have... This stuff...

Just food for thought. Anyway you can see how 343i had crumpled to the backlash and are in damage control, Halo Wars 2 and the new reveals of Halo Infinite goes to show they're desperation to try and re-attract the fans they've lost. All the Halo games on the Xbox have very little population now days and they even removed population counters just to try and hide that from the general public who don't use the internet and see the problems.

Now they're so desperate trying to tap into the Custom Edition community and waving a mod support bone around. They're even mentioning the 'big' names here trying to get their attention and possibly integrate them into their team, I mean their CE team... That's quite some desperate move. They're relying on modders because they can't get the job done as paid industry professionals. Those refined tags are a big example, why couldn't they do it themselves in the MCC? I wonder how much 343i-ass you have to kiss before they let you in? And I wonder how many modders here are going to be sell outs, yet alone how many already have become sell outs. Either way though, hopefully more sell out to 343i and take over that poop show. Finish what those nubs couldn't finish, actually remastering and fixing the Halo games that matter!
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Oct 18, 2018 at 08:27 PM

Sorry, you are a nice guy and I know you mean well, but this post is incredibly stupid.

The old games were defined by being cheesy, esp H2 and H3, and ODST to an extent. They wanted to get serious with reach due to what gamers wanted in games, and that's what you saw in Reach and H4. These games have always had little to do with Halo rings. H3 had barely a halo ring in it, ODST had none, Reach had none, Halo Wars had none. Why are you going to only complain about it now in the 343 games? The foreunners being exposed, and the prometheans themselves was something Bungie themselves had in the works, as seen in the vice article. The exploration of the forerunners was an obvious next step, and was set up in H3's terminals and ending cutscene, something 343 had no influence or control of.

343 hasn't crumpled to any backlash, sure the art style is looking more traditional in some aspects, but 90% of that infinite trailer is still H4/5 content. The Halo games as I said earlier, have healthy populations and are huge draws for people to get an Xbox. The Halo Wars 2 content using more classical looking assets comes because it is an RTS where objects need more distinct shapes from up top and more vibrant colors. It has a different art director, and doesn't need to create new high quality assets in which time and money has already been invested in.

No one has to "suck up to 343" to be invited to the studio, they like people who are passionate about the series, whether you are positive and negative and appreciate people who don't spout hyperbolic insults just to get attention. They aren't relying on modders at all to do anything, they hired Kornman because he has worked with these games forever in a capacity that suited him for the task of updating MCC. He has an impressive professional career in game dev, and was already familiar with things beyond what the public had access to at the time (the halo ce patch is one, and he also worked at another studio where he worked with source code related to that of one of the 343 games). The situation with the refined project I can't speak to much about, but theres been 0 talk of bringing that to MCC and the important thing is understanding what was broken in the first place. Refined improves things, it doesn't fix anything to how it was on Xbox. It's not a matter of "not being capable" it's a matter of prioritizing what is most important, and visual flourishes are not not important in the grand scheme of things. Hopefully the research one day yields the xbox graphical effects being restored, but if I were at 343 that would be the lowest thing on my priority. I can tell you from the refined team, that they haven't been asked to hand over their fixes nor do they intend to. It is the wish of that project that 343 can understand the details of what is broken, so real fixes can be made and not half fixes.

You imaginary 343 in your head is not what the real 343 is like. I can speak personally, they enjoy spirited criticism and are always are interested in feedback, but they are also professionals who realistically approach what needs to be done and are industry veterans who know what to prioritize thats important, and which whiney man children are upset because they are wanting their childhood of 10 years ago preserved and recreated.
Edited by Masters1337 on Oct 20, 2018 at 02:01 AM

Despite your compliment my heart still aches since you called my opinion and what I gathered stupid. I didn't just pull that out of thin air, its part of a collective from what I read on the net and the people on the Xbox and abroad who also share these views and whom I speak to in and out of Halo. You'd be surprised how many people I've met on the PS and PC too, who never moved onto the next Xbox because their beloved franchise was "butchered" as they describe...

My question is, why didn't 343i just use the old xbox games as the foundation of their remasters? Apart from a FEW dodgy classic graphics and SFX, the globals that affect gameplay and some level geometries are screwed. Myself and others report it and they have yet to acknowledge the globals (well they've addressed the other things but it seems like they're intending on fixing CE and not the CE on the MCC? Is that what they meant in their latest post?) They talk about playing classic halos as we remember but I can list about 50 things that are different vs the OG xbox and 360 halo games. Fair enough there are priorities but it would be nice if they at least say "hey we hear you and are aware of this and its somewhere on the low priority list" or something. They need to give people hope if they wish for people to trust them or get interested again. I know a few people personally who constantly fought with trolls and got perma banned from Waypoint just begging for change for the MCC, and now some of that change has finally come at the loss of many users who argued for that change, whilst those they argued with claiming everything was fine prior are still there but ashamed to comment on it now days. That's just pretty sad.

Side note- Wars and ODST were spin off games and Reach was a prequel so it doesn't really count. Halo 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and now Halo we don't know the name of infinite 6 are the main chapters of the trilogy. And don't get me wrong, like most Xbox-ers, I'm sorry the first trilogy was just epic. I was satisfied after 3 ended. The reclaimer trilogy now was it? Eh... It was pretty boring and a bit of a let down to be honest. 4, 5 and 6 being a new trilogy and having little to nothing to do with Halo is where that saying comes from. Wars, ODST and Reach were just 'side games' within the OG trilogy of 1-3 (like Star Wars Solo is from the core 1-whatever chapters) so they don't need to go there. HW2 was a little nostalgic but I wish there was more...

Well the Xbox One sales were a flop and they're not selling well, actually never did from the get go. Halo isn't barely making it onto any charts as COD, those stupid forenite games, gta, destiny and other games are only making the lists. Hell, most stores, after Halo 5 came out and shortly after the MCC disaster were filled, and still are with many pre-owned copies which is sad. Halo started dying during Reach and despite spiking a little for the return of Chief in Halo 4, died shortly after whilst Halo 3 and Reach kept going, and still do to this day. Probably have more than the MCC. Games take forever to find in newer games, most playlists are unplayable because you never find anyone and its a well known fact across internet gaming sites, word of mouth and the very forums where people complain that the games are in fact, dead. Or at least dying.

Side comment- Sorry but sometimes I cannot take anyone here seriously, like it seems to me that ya'll act like you each have some kind of persona or something...? Some of you guys make me laugh, like are some of the posts here and abroad serious or are you guys like screwing with each other? And sorry for jacking your thread Thros. Since this site is more about Halo than what 343's been making lately (LOL) I'm surprised the D hasn't made a section here just for random Halo universe discussions... Another 343i jab comment- I'd say lets go on Waypoint and discuss this there but I bet we'd all be banned by those ban happy mods they have 'safe spacing' the show.

Ok, let's stop derailing Thros's thread. This conversation is making me want to puke anyway, back to the modding. I asked a simple question in the other forum section about texturing, let's go there and talk about that instead of 343i.
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Oct 20, 2018 at 08:12 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » The alpha channel recolouring method? Oct 19, 2018 07:28 AM (Total replies: 0)

So in my time texturing this game I've been doing it the old fashion way of colouring a colour over things... I heard there is an easier method via alpha channels and painting something white so you can change the colours in Guerrilla as you would a grunt or chief biped. Is there a video or something on this?

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Oct 19, 2018 05:32 AM (Total replies: 8490)

Going back to the marker thing now that you can confirm that's not an issue. If you look at the first marker and permutation sections of the armoured marine GBX in Guerrilla, it shows the markers and the base model and any perms. In my GBX all those sections are empty.

No no, its not a cinematic. If you look at the marines in-game their mouths will move when they talk and like any other human, they blink occasionally. My model for some reason has his mouth stuck slightly open, doesn't move and he NEVER blinks. Is this another bone, animation or rigging issue?

I'll get an animation importer, but just to be sure, which one is the one I am SUPPOSED to be using?

I'll go dig for some tutorials but its been difficult hence why we're even commenting here about this little failed project. I loved Yoda's tutorials but as usual, I'm working with a multi-pieced model that was imported from Halo. Everyone uses a single object from a custom biped. I try to apply the methods from them but of course, not all can be applied as although the methods may be similar, the GBX model structures are not...

I'm burnt out man, it was fun but I am kinda upset and very disappointed with the outcome. I don't have the time or skill set to figure out any work-arounds. Maybe one day a pro will beat me to the punch or one day a better set of tools to at least make edits using existing in-game assets will become available. The rigging thing seems so daunting and overwhelming. I mean I'll go ask around. I basically have a fully set, model and textured biped just in need of a rig adjustment. It already has one but it doesn't look like it works... I wish the person who made the Lumoria campaign marine with the pilot helmet could give us an insight on how they managed to edit a vanilla Halo model without it breaking.
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Oct 19, 2018 at 05:37 AM

Mini 343i rant:

This is the one issue I had with this new trilogy of Halo. Its like a corny sci-fi flick now. Everything about it feels corny. The looks, the SFX, characters, music, honestly can I even say story? Let's be honest, it sucks. These newer Halo titles are becoming LESS to do with the actual Halo rings. They said we're not calling Halo 6 Halo 6 we're calling it something different: Halo Infinite. Uh MAYBE they should have changed the 'HALO' name since 4 and 5 kinda had nothing to do with any Halo rings until the end credits cutscene in Halo 5 and resurgence of familiar territory and another ring in Halo Wars 2. It should have been called: The Promethean Chronicles or something. I liked it better when the Forerunners were an ancient entity, only known by the rumours and objects they've left behind... The mystery was so great and anyone could have come up with some kind of lore and imagination with an open mind, now we have... This stuff...

Just food for thought. Anyway you can see how 343i had crumpled to the backlash and are in damage control, Halo Wars 2 and the new reveals of Halo Infinite goes to show they're desperation to try and re-attract the fans they've lost. All the Halo games on the Xbox have very little population now days and they even removed population counters just to try and hide that from the general public who don't use the internet and see the problems.

Now they're so desperate trying to tap into the Custom Edition community and waving a mod support bone around. They're even mentioning the 'big' names here trying to get their attention and possibly integrate them into their team, I mean their CE team... That's quite some desperate move. They're relying on modders because they can't get the job done as paid industry professionals. Those refined tags are a big example, why couldn't they do it themselves in the MCC? I wonder how much 343i-ass you have to kiss before they let you in? And I wonder how many modders here are going to be sell outs, yet alone how many already have become sell outs. Either way though, hopefully more sell out to 343i and take over that poop show. Finish what those nubs couldn't finish, actually remastering and fixing the Halo games that matter!
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Oct 18, 2018 at 08:27 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Oct 18, 2018 02:57 AM (Total replies: 8490)

True. I just wanted a little guidance with things, especially with 3DS MAX as there are a few specific MUST-DO things. Anyway, i'll type here the exporter info and I will also be posting a screen cap of it on my Google modding account picture page to make it way easier.

How stupid of me, I should have asked you about this back in my earlier posts, the export settings... Well the image is here: https://plus.google.com/collection/c-pdeE (is this link I keep posting even working? Can you see my screencaps? I should of asked this earlier too...)

Anyway, in text form, the exporter is: JMS Model Exporter v1.0.2 (the bluestreak one from The Ghost and CtrlAltDestroy).

Export Options:
Export Vertex Weights [ticked]
Export Method:
Save to JMS File [ticked]
Stream with MAXScript Listener [un-ticked]

Then I go into Tool and type: tool model characters\newmarine

Then in Guerrilla the gbx model has empty fields unlike its default armoured marine counter parts...

EDIT: OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG CHECK OUT MY LATEST PROGRESS IMAGE I PUT IN THAT LINK!!! I think he's ready...

EDIT2: Ok great. Now this is why I begin to get mad and give up. So as you can see, the bones were working just fine. So I went back into 3DS MAX and connected the right parts to the right bones... NOW I GET A DAMN ERROR WITH MY EXPORT WTF!!! Array index must be positive number??? WHAT?! It didn't say this before!?!?! When I have every bone connected to every body part it works fine and gives me my messed up character. When I put only a select few bones on each body part 3DS MAX chucks a hissy fit and throws me that error.

EDIT3: Alright. Forget it, I quit. Sorry for wasting your time, thanks for the help though. I officially give up on trying how to do ANY 3DS MAX related Halo modding. Screw it. Just screw it. There goes days of my life that I can no longer get back. I cannot believe I got as far as getting him into the game but get bombarded by another 500 issues. So after I got him into the game, here were the issues I discovered:
>1- His eyes wont blink
>2- His mouth was stuck slightly open
>3- The body parts had gaps in them somehow
>4- The mesh was slightly deformed on import looking off compared to the in-game marine
>5- His back was stretched
>6- His shoulders were stretched
>7- He wouldn't move, flinch from damage, he could just fall and die
>8- No markers would export
>9- No permutations would export, and if they did they'd all be mashed into one

So yeah, I give up. I don't understand how the Lumoria campaign had a pilot marine model created. If I import a marine model it basically breaks in 3DS MAX. Well its safe to say, this task was impossible and its no wonder why nobody else could have pulled this off over all these years... Might as well get back to scripting my firefight map. Probably shouldn't bother with that either... Might get some unknown errors and non-working scripts even if I follow someone's instructions to the letter... Rant over. What an absolute waste.

If anyone wants the files let me know, otherwise, if a noob like me got this far, well anyone can do it from scratch I guess. You can see the images via that link I posted, so if anyone is bored, there's some inspiration for some more marine variation tags if anybody ever dares to try and pull it off.
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Oct 18, 2018 at 12:49 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Red Plasma rifle (Halo 1's) Oct 18, 2018 02:45 AM (Total replies: 8)

Wait... What...? There was an easier method for re-texturing without actually re-texturing...? I heard about this alpha layer thing but that was before I got my hands on a program that supported channels.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Oct 17, 2018 12:30 PM (Total replies: 8490)

Yeah I better slow it down a notch, one problem at a time. I've been trying to find anything on permutations but there are only a few unsolved ancient threads when someone asked about it. I'll stick to the one head for now.

Anyway, so, animations are a no no. He's still stuck in the T-POSE with a floating AR slightly moving as the biped breathes. Oddly, upon export, unlike every other gbx model I still cannot get the markers to export. Unless I have to make them manually in Guerrilla? Since the markers are unchanged from the armoured marine I guess I can use the same coordinates and marker names.

This is just odd. I am trying to find a download of a biped model so I can see how someone else has their working model structured. I need to compare notes so to speak. That is the last thing I can think of before I go smash my head off of a brick wall. This is just odd...

The few tutorials only cover single object bipeds and total customs models with zero rigging and animations needing to be made from scratch, I am shocked how there are no editing existing model tuts out there, how the heck did some people port other marine bipeds yet alone the author of that once CE pack edit his CE marines? Gosh this sucks. I feel like just quitting now...

Halo CE General Discussion » Red Plasma rifle (Halo 1's) Oct 16, 2018 11:17 PM (Total replies: 8)

I've made like 8 different colours... They're so easy to make... Extract the card and plasma rifle textures and just apply a colour filter or hue/saturation effect in paint.net or photoshop.

The fun parts are changing the light colours, impact material colours etc.

But now I am curious, what map had a red plasma rifle in it?
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Oct 16, 2018 at 11:17 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Oct 16, 2018 10:41 AM (Total replies: 8490)

Why do I have 10 heads? Remember I said I was going to use the armoured marine body and have all the non-armoured marine heads on it such as the boonie hat, bandanna and baldy/hairy dudes? Basically I copied the structure from the marine.gbx, in its list it has like 10 head objects, 1 for each of the heads all one after the other in the list.

I took a screenshot of the object list both collapsed and uncollapsed: https://plus.google.com/collection/c-pdeE

Ignoring the dozen head objects, are they linked correctly? ...I didn't have to link the body parts to anything right...?

EDIT: I've just about run out of ideas for the tests that I'm doing. Something is definitely wrong here. Markers and permutations are not exporting. I must have missed something. This is the only cause I can think of that's wrecking the animation or the model, something either isn't linked properly or I've missed something even though I've gone over it 20 times...
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Oct 17, 2018 at 12:07 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Red Plasma rifle (Halo 1's) Oct 16, 2018 10:20 AM (Total replies: 8)

Halo Combat Evolved only had one variant of the Plasma Rifle and it was the blue one commonly wielded by elites. No 'red' plasma rifle existed until Halo 2 as it was introduced as the Brute Plasma Rifle.

Halo CE General Discussion » Release! Halo 3 Pillar Of Autumn Oct 16, 2018 10:14 AM (Total replies: 8)

Seriously Thros? I am not even going to get excited because you're beginning to have a track record of blue balling us... I mean, I bet you will say you've stopped production just before you finish it.

I'm going to cry if you do it again. We're going through a mod drought, give us the mods! Give us the mods! Give us the mods!

EDIT: You've played Halo 3 and or Reach on the Xbox right? You realise those 'lights' you're using are actually just Covenant camping stools and not lights right...? The lights are those stick things in that first little cave you go through on the Ark mission before the AA gun area. It would make more sense if you used those.
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Oct 16, 2018 at 10:18 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Any Stock Tags Lying Around? Oct 16, 2018 10:10 AM (Total replies: 9)

Hang on... You've lost me with the copying map files... Did you add new map files within these packs or have I missed something about compiling scenarios whilst using existing maps...?

I'll do the same thing again and post a picture of what happens on my end. I'm so lost now. I mean you used the .py method whereas I did it manually so maybe that could be causing the tags are too big failed to create cache error for the ui?

I don't know if I should be crying or laughing about this, what the hell is happening? I mean this is no big deal really, just the whole, not being able to compile the UI map was just an OCD thing for me. But seeing as it works fine for you I am confused beyond hell.

I'm telling you, all my programs and all my tags magically act up compared to everyone else's here who use the exact same things. I'm cursed. 100% bet if I even used your tag folder that is currently working for you, it wont work on my computer. This is so WEIRD.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Oct 15, 2018 02:16 PM (Total replies: 8490)

Tag wise? The GBX is untouched, apart from adding that animation value. And the biped tag? I just copied and pasted the marine_armored biped and changed its GBX model to the one I exported.

EDIT: I ran another test, so apart from that main issue (could this be affecting it?) when I export with all the different marine heads, my biped in the game spawns with literally all heads on the body at once... Now that definitely has to do with the marker/perm sections being blank.

Unless this is tag related, my JMS exporter must be broken or there is something I missed for sure. Although I have everything on the right bone, did the body part have to be linked to the #whatever body part marker or vice versa? The problem must be here somewhere...

I'll fiddle with the tags again. But my money is on 1 simple small mistake I did in 3DS MAX... If not, well I guess my tools are dodgy compared to others...
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Oct 15, 2018 at 02:22 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » How about an INTERIOR level/bsp tutorial? Oct 15, 2018 02:14 PM (Total replies: 23)

Thanks for pointing that out, never really thought of that. Need to make sure I start making that a habit.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Oct 15, 2018 09:01 AM (Total replies: 8490)

And a decade ago there were nice well done biped mods, now there are my crappy ambitious failure of bipeds...

Yeah this is what's confusing me, I followed a tutorial and read to do exactly that, but mine still refuses to animate. I noticed my model exports with NO perms and markers. MAYBE I forgot to link something? Do you know of any trees or how to set perms or export markers OR something? Something here MUST be wrong in 3DS MAX, I either didn't link something properly or I missed something... Normally I'd give up but I've never gotten this far and I feel like we're soooo close. And be we I mean you and I. Because if it weren't for you, this would of still been a 'to-do' (try) item for me...

If we ever pull this off, I'll forever be in your debt. PLUS, Ill be making a god damn tutorial to show folks how to EDIT an existing biped and put it back into the game.

See my new reference-
https://plus.google.com/collection/c-pdeE

EDIT: It must have something to do with the markers and perms not exporting or being linked incorrectly or not properly made into a region or something... Definitely a 3DS MAX step gone wrong, must be...
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Oct 15, 2018 at 09:09 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » How about an INTERIOR level/bsp tutorial? Oct 15, 2018 08:43 AM (Total replies: 23)

Cheers dude

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Any Stock Tags Lying Around? Oct 15, 2018 04:38 AM (Total replies: 9)

Ok. No need to explain further. As I said, aside from 3DS MAX giving me trouble, I've been modding this game for a while now, and I have all the stock things so these issues? I dunno... I feel like you're saying I have no idea what I'm doing...

Stock maps, your tags+stock tags, fully installed 'bug' fixes followed according to your notepad. Tool doesn't lie that tags and textures are bigger than expected... So I don't think I'm screwing anything up...

Sorry Mo. Looking forward to what you're doing next with all your refined things.
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Oct 15, 2018 at 04:40 AM

Time: Sun October 21, 2018 3:54 PM 125 ms.
A Halo Maps Website