A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: rcghalohell
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 16, 2018 01:09 AM
Interests: Live gamertag: DarkB1ad3
Your Age: 19 (10/24/94)
What Games do you play: halo ce, halo 2, halo pc(rarely), halo trial(rarely)
I can jump?Weeeee (pop!) (No1 heard from it again)

Post Statistics
rcghalohell has contributed to 2045 posts out of 465225 total posts (.44%) in 3,250 days (.63 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Sounds being wierd...(repost) Jan 16, 2018 01:09 AM (Total replies: 10)

if it requires python, i have hard time figuring out how to open things

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Jan 15, 2018 01:24 PM (Total replies: 108)

of course, and im in discord sbb servers too under the same name, rcghalohell

Halo CE General Discussion » Sounds being wierd...(repost) Jan 14, 2018 08:39 PM (Total replies: 10)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dabouss 15x

So I posted this on the Halo CE tech section but I decided to repost it here. (since this is where everyone seems to be) but I had a question as to why when I play a .sound_looping file from the level "The Maw" it only plays for a split second and cuts out abruptly. I have tried using (sleep blahblah) and have used other sound_looping files but nothing seems to work. Any fixes?

Here is the script I used for the music portion of my level.

(script startup gameplay
(sleep_until
(volume_test_objects music
(players)) 15)
(game_save)
(sound_looping_predict levels\d40\music\d40_08)
(sound_looping_start levels\d40\music\d40_08 none 1)
*problem*
)
Edited by Dabouss 15x on Jan 14, 2018 at 08:23 PM

ive had this problem too, its something about the permutations, i have no idea how to fix it so i just remake the songs using the soundtrack

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Jan 14, 2018 07:34 PM (Total replies: 108)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Quote: --- Original message by: rcghalohell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY4E337pPAk&list=PLcgWNXzDJUdB5zVeb3nVTXLq3lqs8Wxbp&index=7

nothing like adding an optional objective that affects the level. i think i pissed off latinos because i get thumbs down on all my stuff

I always thought that part of Gears 2 was cool, neat to see it repurposed for Halo
next to halo and the forza(non-horizon) series, gears was my favorite... probably top 2 followed by forza motorsport. im gonna sneak in a couple more things here and there ;D spread throughout the campaign

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Jan 13, 2018 09:29 PM (Total replies: 108)

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
Hehehe, no doubt that you were inspired by this :P

Might want to skip the 9th level intro :P

9th level?!?!?

That's a lot man

Also, I didn't really give you feedback, but the most important thing I can think of is that some outdoor areas were too big and too empty, it gave me a similar feeling as when I'm in a dream and I get more and more alone along the way, not a good thing.

Some outdoor areas were great, the first outdoor area after getting out of the forerunner facility was really great for example, there was cover, it wasn't too big, it didn't feel empty and it was a fun encounter, keep going forward with that!

13 total. i made that mistake when realizing putting too much would lag it out, so its just going to be a base level for one more level. other than that i know what im setting up for the rest, im upscaling some hud items, however i cant find an upscale for the shotgun reticle.

you might like the 5th level. im releasing another set after the 6th level. then again on the 8th and 9th. however i feel it would be good to figure out for story reasons how the rest is released... maybe 11th and then full set

Halo CE General Discussion » Is there a limit for map's size? Jan 13, 2018 02:03 AM (Total replies: 12)

I'm actually going to piggyback off of this. What is the limit from the center?

General Machinima Discussions » Halo Maps Check-In Jan 11, 2018 09:56 PM (Total replies: 3)

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Jan 9, 2018 06:52 PM (Total replies: 108)

Hehehe, no doubt that you were inspired by this :P

Might want to skip the 9th level intro :P

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Jan 6, 2018 08:09 PM (Total replies: 108)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halo Noob Modder117
That video seemed a little odd... I think I've actually played Operation Purgepoint before... This old YouTube video here reveals that this person has played it too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WxjRozXFt8

whoa, that looks so oddly like mine
Edited by rcghalohell on Jan 6, 2018 at 08:09 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Jan 5, 2018 01:47 AM (Total replies: 108)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY4E337pPAk&list=PLcgWNXzDJUdB5zVeb3nVTXLq3lqs8Wxbp&index=7

nothing like adding an optional objective that affects the level. i think i pissed off latinos because i get thumbs down on all my stuff

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 Awards: Voting Begins Dec 24, 2017 02:38 AM (Total replies: 10)

Damn i missed the first round... but That operation purgepoint sure looks promising

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Dec 2, 2017 10:46 PM (Total replies: 108)

had some downtime since a week after the demo release. finished up schoolwork early. time to get back to work

Halo CE General Discussion » The Thros' Alsthetic Two Betrayals Released! Dec 1, 2017 04:23 PM (Total replies: 13)

good stuff, livestreamed earlier

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Oct 24, 2017 12:41 PM (Total replies: 108)

behold! my first demo! the link is in the youtube video description, this is something i have worked on since may, and so you get the first 3 levels... i got 9 or so more to go XD however i will knock out a quick assignment and then immediately start with the next level... btw... i am never making a massively wide open area in this game again. it is way too difficult for encounters. here we are, https://youtu.be/4BmEG0Kn5NQ

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Oct 23, 2017 02:37 PM (Total replies: 108)

Put my 350z racecar project and video game project in front of my live life lmfao

Bruh xD

its ok though, i got another one, it's like you can get one at the store XD

Dude, I think you mixed up the hang-out centre with a brothel

I'm impressed, well done man

Nah she's too innocent.

I have an announcement! My hard drive... is perfectly fine! Ok, so I'm releasing a demo/beta most likely tomorrow , October 24th, my birthday (weird coincidence) as long as the final touches go according to plan. I'll post the link here, and send an @everyone post to the sparky, SBB, and my discord servers on the YouTube announcement containing the link. And after I'm done with that, in moving on to the 4th level immediately. I got 10 or 9 levels left. Should keep me busy.

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Oct 10, 2017 01:23 PM (Total replies: 108)

Put my 350z racecar project and video game project in front of my live life lmfao

Bruh xD

its ok though, i got another one, it's like you can get one at the store XD

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Oct 5, 2017 07:27 PM (Total replies: 108)

Aw man I only have 3 levels down, it would be so incomplete and have a cliffhanger so big if I released it now. After all it's only been 4 months of work. Once I get more schoolwork done, figure out if I still have a girlfriend, and let lightmaps take it's place, this stuff will return to a map a month. But during the time I'm away from my computer, I'm sketching the level designs for the future levels... I really am liking how the assault and tank missions are gonna look. As well as the final mission.

"figure out if I still have a girlfriend"
What did you do this time rcg?

Quote: --- Original message by: tanju77
IMO, why don't you release your levels episode by episode, you can get helpful feedback that way and it will also create a lot more hype; you can completely polish level 1, 2 and release them and also keep work progressing on the upcoming episodes with keeping the feedback in mind. This way, the quality of each upcoming level will get better & better.

Actually episodes are a good idea, I may consider it. However I am avoiding redoing big bsp structures because lightmaps fur this latest level has taken a total of a month

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Oct 5, 2017 02:01 AM (Total replies: 108)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
at least release purgepoint 1, ive been waiting for this for too long.

Aw man I only have 3 levels down, it would be so incomplete and have a cliffhanger so big if I released it now. After all it's only been 4 months of work. Once I get more schoolwork done, figure out if I still have a girlfriend, and let lightmaps take it's place, this stuff will return to a map a month. But during the time I'm away from my computer, I'm sketching the level designs for the future levels... I really am liking how the assault and tank missions are gonna look. As well as the final mission.

Didn't even know we could upload profile pics

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Sep 30, 2017 09:24 PM (Total replies: 108)

i should grab my old laptop and try to make it operational. maybe that will be my lightmaps machine. i didnt have a preview for last month so heres something for you as well as a couple nice reveals https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EcTzp9gfGU&feature=youtu.be

Time: Thu January 18, 2018 6:24 AM 515 ms.
A Halo Maps Website