A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Masters1337
About Contact
Last Post: Today @ 03:09 AM
Interests:
Your Age: 25
What Games do you play: Halo, Gears of War, Infinity Blade, Nothing else
halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Post Statistics
Masters1337 has contributed to 5733 posts out of 463683 total posts (1.24%) in 4,158 days (1.38 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

And. Here. We. Go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZxqrylX4nk

Halo CE General Discussion » Today is Net Neutrality Day Jul 14, 2017 03:25 PM (Total replies: 34)

Quote: --- Original message by: il Duce Primo

I don't see how making Netflix cheaper is for the greater good. That's a luxury service and so are services provided by big tech companies who have the most to lose. Those tech companies have gotten away with subsidized costs at the detriment of many other businesses.

You already have a deal with an ISP and most likely you would not have to negotiate with each ISP, instead that would be on the ISPs to negotiate among themselves.
Edited by il Duce Primo on Jul 14, 2017 at 08:43 AM

It's pretty simple my dumb who would ever want you as a friend. You know how you hate CNN and like to watch Fox? Well without net neutrality, your ISP (lets say its time warner who owns CNN) can make it so when you try to access Fox and it's affiliated news, it comes in 10x slower than CNN or whatever liberal news you hate. Therefore, you will be forced to wait long periods of time to load a website or stream the news you want, or you can watch whatever Time Warner wants you to watch super quickly. Unless Fox pays millions of dollars to Time Warner to get their content broadcast at a decent speed. So basically, you wouldn't be able to watch info wars anymore to get your news.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Jul 14, 2017 11:19 AM (Total replies: 110)

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
So as you guys can see progress on this mod stopped. I'm making a transition in housing where I'm moving permanently to Las Vegas. During this transition, I don't have any residence where I can setup a computer. I will be bringing the PC to Vegas with me and resuming work from there, but that is not for at least another 6-7 months.

Until then, you should not expect any updates or new content. I do, however, expect to have this entire project finished and released by July 9th, 2018.

I want to use Core Saving to prevent save conflicts with SPV3 or other SP projects. I'm basing the map off of long term gameplay, adding RPG elements with a safehouse and vault to store weapons or purchase perks/ammo/vehicles. I want a UNSC force and local militia that use separate weapons, and will animate all the AI drops instead of relying on flying phantoms. There will be optional sidequests that will unlock vehicle drops for areas and award some form of ingame currency to purchase the equipment mentioned above.

But until I have a place to sleep at night, these things have to be sidelined. Once I'm settled in the hot sun of the desert I can conclude Fall of Mombasa. Hopefully HM is still online by Summer 2018. Sorry it can't be sooner.

Looks like I'll have to purge any core saves in sov3 before we release then :x

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Tagset Redux Jul 6, 2017 01:58 PM (Total replies: 24)

Back in the old day everyone would make their heightmaps in tool, not PS. Times have changed. I dont see any reason why anyone would do it in tool now.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jul 5, 2017 06:19 PM (Total replies: 11977)

Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Many of us are working on another campaign, currently codenamed "Oddball". This mean we could either

Quote:
B. Develop a new campaign with new content.

Such rare words to see here, hope it comes to fruition.
Looking forward to it.

I should note, this WILL be using ripped content in new interesting ways. It won't be all custom assets (although there certainly will be some, and heavily customized content based off ripped content)

As far as the end user is concerned, it will feel all new.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jul 4, 2017 06:30 PM (Total replies: 11977)

So we haven't been the best at keeping you guys updated on Part 2 of SPV3, which has been renamed to SPV3.1. But let me get you all up to speed.

We had planned to hope to have everything done by the end of June, which obviously has not happened. This is mostly due to it taking us a while to get motivated to start working on SPV3 again after the Part 1 release, and we pretty much only went into full gear again in November. Since then, we have had a few other setbacks, mainly me frying my desktop (no worries, no data lost, PC is fine now), my entrance into grad school, and SOI's intensive medical school work. The PC frying, being on the the more major things as it caused us to slow down development for about a month.

With the June target date missed, we took a look at other release options. September 25th was looked at, in order to celebrrate H3's 10th anniversary, but the announcement of the new Flood DLC for Halo Wars 2 is also coming out that month, and we have no interest competing for attention with it.

The new target for release is late august, with the mod being more or less completed, on June 15th or 22nd. I have strong confidence that it WILL be completed by that date, giving us a nice cushy 1 month period to iron out any last bugs with our testers, and getting all the reviewers and youtubers plenty of time to make their videos.

Now, there is some question as to what actually is in SPV3 now, as far as levels and content. So I can condifently tell you now, the only forerunner units are the Sentinel, Sentinel Sniper, and Enforcer, which use the standard sentinel beam, and what we call the sentinel sniper beam. There are also no new missions beyond what was shipped with the original game in the second half. However, we will eventually release a beta of the incomplete "None Left Behind" mission.

So why cut these missions? The answer is quite simple. Many of us are working on another campaign, currently codenamed "Oddball". This mean we could either

A. Develop more missions for SPV3.

B. Develop a new campaign with new content.

The choice is pretty obvious, as we have focused on SPV3 for quite some time and have already used nearly every idea we have. Not to mention, we have pushed the game far beyond it's limits.

We have gotten to a place where even doing the most simple things have become a struggle, and we look forward to starting something new and sharing it with you all in the future. Until then, stay tuned to the subreddit as we will be posting early review videos here starting likely in August, late July.

Halo CE General Discussion » I have returned Jun 24, 2017 10:21 AM (Total replies: 73)

which tags? I have them all archived.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » UI/HUD location of the gametype icon? Jun 23, 2017 08:39 AM (Total replies: 3)

Just delete the bitmaps, it should get rid of them.

I really need to record a playthough of my xbox beta build. Also seriously data mine it.

good

Halo CE General Discussion » Back again and going for a restart May 31, 2017 05:21 PM (Total replies: 7)

what are you going to do for content. the successor to SPV3 is recruiting, and some of your ideas are things we wanted to explore with it.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Immured - an immure variant May 25, 2017 07:32 PM (Total replies: 13)

He returns!

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Halonimator's sound pack v1 May 23, 2017 07:00 PM (Total replies: 9)

To bad your track record with quality is so poor I doubt anyone would trust these to be correctly compiled.

Halo CE General Discussion » Unicode strings May 16, 2017 01:45 AM (Total replies: 7)

You may as well download the CE version. Pretty sure it contains most of the strings. Don't know why you would need to though. I thought this was all basic knowledge.

Halo CE General Discussion » Final Dreamweb Release May 10, 2017 01:52 PM (Total replies: 53)

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG
Can you maybe calm down? This thread has nothing to do with Masters or Halonimator, pretty sure you have your own for that.

You mean the world doesn't revolve around me?

Halo CE General Discussion » [SOUND] Enable Hardware Acceleration and EAX May 9, 2017 10:58 AM (Total replies: 19)

Anyone else getting crashes with it? I had an exception after running over an ammo cache several times in a row, had to remove the dll to prevent the crash from continuing.

Halo CE General Discussion » Final Dreamweb Release May 8, 2017 05:52 PM (Total replies: 53)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
- Autistic Screeching -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_azCIe_0Kk

Now i will never release them, and these tags are lost for ever. "no links for you" Megaupload died with it, im the only who have almost all zteam tags. You guys really f#ked it! I blame masterz1337 for this.

I mean I can just call any of the Zteam members and just ask them to re-upload them.

Halo CE General Discussion » [SOUND] Enable Hardware Acceleration and EAX May 8, 2017 02:18 AM (Total replies: 19)

nvm, seems to be working. Just make sure you enable hardware acceleration everyone.
Edited by Masters1337 on May 8, 2017 at 02:20 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Final Dreamweb Release May 7, 2017 05:12 PM (Total replies: 53)

anyone have zteam tag pack 2?

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] May 1, 2017 02:44 AM (Total replies: 11342)

planet_flood gravemind

http://i.imgur.com/jraQ2MS.jpg http://i.imgur.com/D7jG5W6.jpg

since it is a cinematic biped i dont need to make lods for it!
Edited by Halonimator on Apr 30, 2017 at 03:10 PM

It reminds me of those horror stories from vietnam of soldiers who would stick their dicks in prostitutes who would put razor blades inside them. At least thats what the top of this thing looks like.

Time: Sat July 22, 2017 4:53 PM 297 ms.
A Halo Maps Website