A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: OMFGitsthatGUY
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 1, 2010 04:27 AM
Interests: girls, video games, c&c++, 3ds max (learning maya) and some photoshop
Your Age: 19
What Games do you play: CSS, Halo, Starcraft, EVE Online, Ass Effect
You can do anything, but not everything.
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
OMFGitsthatGUY has contributed to 15 posts out of 469521 total posts (0.00%) in 3,582 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Anyone interested in making a campaign? Mar 1, 2010 04:27 AM (Total replies: 26)

perhaps i can lend a hand for the dialogue

General Machinima Discussions » new halo startup movie Feb 28, 2010 04:50 AM (Total replies: 1)

ill be making a quick 1-2min intro movie for halo ce in 720p, like what bathroom security did here http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2077
all I want is a list of some maps that show what halo ce is all about
id prefer to see some less played maps since i already know about the popular ones

General Machinima Discussions » I need people for machinima Feb 28, 2010 03:58 AM (Total replies: 8)

im using 1.08, OMFGitsthatGUY...Xfire it

Halo CE General Discussion » Worlds biggest map Feb 28, 2010 01:01 AM (Total replies: 31)

wow I have the urge to play those maps, any1 else?

Halo CE General Discussion » Worlds biggest map Feb 26, 2010 04:41 PM (Total replies: 31)

not sure about that, have u checked the map dimensions?

Halo CE General Discussion » Worlds biggest map Feb 26, 2010 07:38 AM (Total replies: 31)

just look for the most deserted map i reckon it to be also the largest

on a more serious note the largest popular map is prob coldsnap
Edited by OMFGitsthatGUY on Feb 26, 2010 at 07:40 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » source code Feb 26, 2010 06:27 AM (Total replies: 114)

Yes i have noticed the lack of optimism in this community, you being an example, but i don't blame you if you've been trying the same thing for years on end without any concrete results.

Halo CE General Discussion » source code Feb 25, 2010 10:09 PM (Total replies: 114)

who said i'd be doing it alone?

Halo CE General Discussion » source code Feb 25, 2010 06:16 AM (Total replies: 114)

u guys are getting off-topic

Halo CE General Discussion » source code Feb 24, 2010 08:00 PM (Total replies: 114)

Quote: --- Original message by: Slayer117
Quote: --- Original message by: OMFGitsthatGUY
So all we've been doing is saying why and why not we should be getting the source code, from what I see the pros outweigh the cons. I don't want to say this again but the code will NEVER be released to the public, only to a dedicated programming team. As for what to do 1st, I would like to fix lag issues related to newer graphic drivers. After that perhaps get some anti-aliasing going etc. Just make the game's graphics more modern to make for a more enjoyable experience. Now if your somebody with a computer that belongs in a museum, simply don't download the patch.

Also, how would we go about getting the source code? I don't think that simply calling M$ wouldn't cut it, maybe if we got recommendations by both gearbox and bungie saying that releasing the source code to (insert Halo CE team name here) would be a good thing, we would have a better chance getting approval with M$.

If you can get Bungie and Gearbox's aproval tell me. I've been trying for 2 years.

What exactly have you tried?

Halo CE General Discussion » source code Feb 24, 2010 06:39 PM (Total replies: 114)

So all we've been doing is saying why and why not we should be getting the source code, from what I see the pros outweigh the cons. I don't want to say this again but the code will NEVER be released to the public, only to a dedicated programming team. As for what to do 1st, I would like to fix lag issues related to newer graphic drivers. After that perhaps get some anti-aliasing going etc. Just make the game's graphics more modern to make for a more enjoyable experience. Now if your somebody with a computer that belongs in a museum, simply don't download the patch.

Also, how would we go about getting the source code? I don't think that simply calling M$ wouldn't cut it, maybe if we got recommendations by both gearbox and bungie saying that releasing the source code to (insert Halo CE team name here) would be a good thing, we would have a better chance getting approval with M$.

Halo CE General Discussion » source code Feb 23, 2010 07:57 PM (Total replies: 114)

Dam gamma did u even read anything I posted? I know M$ won't release the code to this community, I was actually exploring other possibilities.

Halo CE General Discussion » source code Feb 23, 2010 06:54 PM (Total replies: 114)

that's why everyone in it would have to sign a contract and provide rl info

Halo CE General Discussion » source code Feb 23, 2010 06:47 PM (Total replies: 114)

Actually the only way we could acquire the source code and prevent a sh*t load of variants popping up is if we made some sort of official modding company (like gearbox) or non-profit organization. If we told M$ that we would be willing to work on it for free. As for updates, people could choose to play on Halo CE *classic* or the variant that we would be working on. Also if the source code got pirated out to the public by one of our members M$ would sue us for all our organs. To me it seems more reasonable to just make the game from scratch.

Time: Sat December 14, 2019 2:34 AM 360 ms.
A Halo Maps Website