A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: ghost901
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 23, 2017 07:32 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 23
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
ghost901 has contributed to 70 posts out of 464614 total posts (.02%) in 2,764 days (.03 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » [BETA RELEASE] Refinery 0.7 Jul 23, 2017 07:32 PM (Total replies: 63)

Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt
Run the mek_installer and tell it to update. That'll fix it. If it doesnt, clear your python pip cache and run it again.

It's still not working I'm afraid.

Halo CE General Discussion » [BETA RELEASE] Refinery 0.7 Jul 23, 2017 06:45 PM (Total replies: 63)

Is there something I'm doing wrong here?

Halo CE General Discussion » Cant run Halo for PC multiplayer mode Jun 12, 2017 09:42 PM (Total replies: 13)

Quote: --- Original message by: not giraffe

Quote: --- Original message by: ghost901
If that's the case then maybe you should actually be helpful by linking him to the correct place instead of calling me out?

I had already been helpful. You see, there is an underlying issue that takes priority over spoon-feeding him. That is that he seems unaware of how to use a search engine. You can spoon-feed people if you want to, but next time I'd advise giving them what they want to eat instead of assuming.

Edited by not giraffe on Jun 12, 2017 at 06:15 PM

I didn't realize there was a rule against helping members out. The dude asked for help so I did exactly that.

If you don't like that then just stop posting.
Edited by ghost901 on Jun 12, 2017 at 09:44 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Cant run Halo for PC multiplayer mode Jun 12, 2017 12:20 PM (Total replies: 13)

Quote: --- Original message by: not giraffe

Quote: --- Original message by: marcelo_neri
R93_Sniper

How can I do that?

Halo CE 1.0.10

Perhaps...
Just maybe...
If only...

You read the title of the topic or the topic itself, then you might have realized he isn't asking for the CE update.

If that's the case then maybe you should actually be helpful by linking him to the correct place instead of calling me out?

http://halo.bungie.net/images/games/halopc/patch/110/halopc-patch-1.0.10.exe
Edited by ghost901 on Jun 12, 2017 at 12:21 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Cant run Halo for PC multiplayer mode Jun 12, 2017 02:17 AM (Total replies: 13)

Quote: --- Original message by: marcelo_neri
R93_Sniper

How can I do that?

Halo CE 1.0.10

Edited by ghost901 on Jun 12, 2017 at 02:28 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [BETA RELEASE] Refinery 0.7 Jun 10, 2017 04:56 AM (Total replies: 63)

Ran into the energy sword bug.

All tags are stock extracted with Refinery.

It seems to occur on that one instance.
Edited by ghost901 on Jun 10, 2017 at 06:00 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] HAC 2 alpha/preview May 4, 2017 05:19 PM (Total replies: 256)

Quote: --- Original message by: bandinada5
I'm having issues with HAC not saving changes to preferences.ini. Anyone having this problem?

yeah, i was having same problem before... i downloaded from http://blog.haloanticheat.com/ it won't save any preference you saved like custom chat, font size, etc...

but i fixed it, with replace the loader.dll file from my friend... try this http://puu.sh/vdzFN/a6e5762481.rar

I'm still having issues with this version. Anyone here on the latest windows 10 version having the same problem?

EDIT
This is odd. It seems to only want to make changes to preferences when I'm in a online game.
Edited by ghost901 on May 4, 2017 at 09:58 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
if you wanted to play the campaign, you'd need to download all the campaign map files (I'm sure someone can link you to good default campaign files for CE).

blam! Austen1000's port
https://onedrive.live.com/?id=41DF5C16DBA4CA20%21554&cid=41DF5C16DBA4CA20

The scripts for these maps are broken.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] HAC 2 alpha/preview Apr 13, 2017 05:18 PM (Total replies: 256)

I'm having issues with HAC not saving changes to preferences.ini. Anyone having this problem?

Halo CE General Discussion » HAC Dec 10, 2016 02:47 PM (Total replies: 4)

heh

That same link on Modacity was down earlier today

Halo CE General Discussion » HAC Dec 10, 2016 01:23 PM (Total replies: 4)

Anyone have a copy they can upload? Links are all down.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 25, 2016 02:53 PM (Total replies: 12102)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
My MacBook Pro 13 inch model generally gets 60 fps at 1920 x 1080 in SPV3.

The second BSP area in Halo (second mission) brings me down to about 20 fps at times.

It's definitely something engine/OS related.

Only in that particular area though. My framerate is in the 200s everywhere else.

This seems to be beyond CMTs help since the engine was only designed to run on single core processors.
Edited by ghost901 on Jun 25, 2016 at 03:11 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 25, 2016 11:42 AM (Total replies: 12102)

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Quote: --- Original message by: sbdjazz
Wether an engine will perform optimally or not is no where related to the age of the engine. A good comparison is IGI 2 and COD AW. IGI 2 runs well on even oldest of machines but COD AW lags like hell on top config PCs as well. SPV3s performance is not related to how old an engine it uses, considering it runs perfectly on my pc.

Not exactly true. Take CryEngine 2 for example, its an unoptimized engine that still struggles to this day to run efficently (eg Crysis). Considering DaLode has actually built an engine in the past, he may know a thing or two!!

That's not really a good example because my old 750ti can handle it maxed out with a decent framerate.

A better example would be the source 1 engine that is for the most part still largely single threaded.
Edited by ghost901 on Jun 25, 2016 at 11:43 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 25, 2016 02:07 AM (Total replies: 12102)

So where do we post bug reports? When I exited a wraith in a30, I clipped through the map and crashed.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Halo CE Restoration Mod Jun 21, 2016 11:54 PM (Total replies: 24)

Quote: --- Original message by: LegitGameReviews
The bump mapped glass works on HPC, but not HCE. Boot up HPC, go to B40, look in the first hallway you enter after point insertion. You can see the glass looks super nice. Yet the same shader in HCE "looks like a rainbow". If you look at the Halo 2 E3 demo, you can see this same "rainbow glass" error there as well. In fact many games have this error, as funny as that is. Is there a fix? Nope.

As for bump mapped shader_enviroments, you get limited functionality and that's all. This doesn't mean all hope is lost for them though. I have tried fixing Bungie's shaders in the past and the results are promising. No hacks needed. You just need to know what you're doing inside the shader. The main method is simply cranking up the specularity, but you must do so with finesse. On top of that, changing the blending mode to blended base specular usually offers pretty great results. Again, do so with finesse.

Do not release this fix as a map(s). Release it as individual files that people can apply to their maps. You know, like how the people you stole that AR multi restore did it.

I haven't had that glass issue for years now.

I converted this map directly from HPC by internalizing every tag and changing the map header to HCE.

I don't any have screenshots from back then but they certainty showed the rainbow effect.

Can anyone here direct me to a map that has this issue? I want to make sure I'm not missing anything.
Edited by ghost901 on Jun 22, 2016 at 07:56 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Yoyorast v2 Mongoose? May 9, 2013 10:26 AM (Total replies: 6)

You can't even open it with HEK+.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Breakable Longsword scripts May 2, 2013 06:51 PM (Total replies: 4)

Has anyone gotten the breakable Longsword (fighterbomber) scripts working? If so, how?

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Koyote Village Apr 27, 2013 10:03 PM (Total replies: 23)

Looking good.

Halo CE General Discussion » Open Sauce/vehicle types? Apr 12, 2013 10:14 PM (Total replies: 4)

Does Open Sauce allow you to have more than 6 vehicle types? If so how would someone go about doing it?

Best thing you can do is using a activation key from another game.

The only game that I know of from the top of my head that will allow you to use that key is Grand theft auto IV.

Time: Tue September 26, 2017 5:14 AM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website