A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: 1bobsam1
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 16, 2018 08:56 PM
Interests: Halo CE, Beta Testing, Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare 2
Your Age: 18
What Games do you play: Halo CE, Valve games, CoD: 4, Borderlands

Post Statistics
1bobsam1 has contributed to 451 posts out of 467766 total posts (.10%) in 3,137 days (.14 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Red Plasma rifle (Halo 1's) Oct 16, 2018 08:56 PM (Total replies: 7)

He's looking for the Halo 1 Plasma Rifle that is just retextured with no other changes other than to be red and still look like the Halo 1 Plasma Rifle even with that red texture.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] extracthalotagdefs Sep 12, 2018 02:36 AM (Total replies: 4)

^

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Its sparky. He either goes on a rant about jesus or says nothing at all. If you were expecting helpful, you went to the wrong person

What a shame.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Apr 30, 2018 09:35 AM (Total replies: 201)

He means Behind The Scenes.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo PC Confirmed? Apr 27, 2018 08:20 PM (Total replies: 29)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
As far as I can tell they're just using that excuse to take down ElDewrito.

There is much more to it than that. The project is quite simply illegal. Microsoft should not ignore it because if they did then they are committing a double standard (ALMOST, I just say double standard because it's the easiest way to look at it), it would be almost like Microsoft saying "Oh since so many people want to play this illegal project we'll let it slide. But this other guy over here who has a lesser cared about project that is also illegal lets shut him down." If they ignored it it would look bad for their company. It has nothing to do with current or future plans it's a plain and simple legal move that they have to do but I and many others wish they did not do. A lot of people forget this. In the end you can still play the mod and will be able to for a long time, updates to the project may or may not be a thing anymore that's it.

Halo CE General Discussion » MCC Bringing Halo CE maps to Xbox Apr 20, 2018 02:07 AM (Total replies: 17)

This is honestly weird, I don't know if they're going to pay homage to Halo Custom Edition by bringing over a few well received/known maps or what. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Kornman (Sean) should ask them if he could get his hands on the actual Halo Custom Edition code and release us some goodies too basically implement all the community patches into the engine officially. I feel like once he shows of his skills with the engine and dedication to the cause he could pull some strings.
Edited by 1bobsam1 on Apr 20, 2018 at 02:11 AM

^ related that post above, a list of usernames can be seen there at the top of the Moddb page just threw me back.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/halo-3-pc (H3MT's Moddb page)

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=29698
Edited by 1bobsam1 on Mar 27, 2018 at 07:25 PM

First started to pay attention to custom Halo Content in about 2009 and play it and was pretty much when I got the game. I started to hop between Modacity and Halo Maps forums around 2009, finally made an account (I obviously still use my original one here) in both places around that time. I used to check Halo Maps' Halo CE map section daily for new maps, never visited the forums really before 2009. Then come sometime around 2008/2009, I met HDoan in a random public Halo CE server running Sciophobia. I knew who he was because I knew and followed H3MT's work on their Moddb page. So I asked if I could add him on Xfire as a friend and thus my Halo CE life grew in depth meeting knew people like: Jesse, Dsalimander (who I eventually found out lived in the same state as me, one night we were both experiencing the same severe thunderstorm outbreak), Masterz1337, English Mobster, Gamma927, Malolo420, Rambo, Joshflighter, Inferno, Advancebo, and maybe a few others that I am forgetting or that weren't ever known really well in the communities. I did some modeling that never went anywhere because I gave up. Then went on to Beta testing things/maps for people (almost all those I mentioned above I did testing for). But in 2015 or so I finally (for the hell of it) did my first true ingamed Halo CE map, I put some downloaded tags in the tutorial map and compiled it and it worked.

So here's some a few screencaps that HARDLY encase this journey. A Xfire screenshot of me saying a message "HIGH POLY :D" from HDoan's Xfire profile. A random screenshot the desktop with Xfire open from ‎August ‎5, ‎2009 taken in our family's old Windows XP eMachine. The green/tan renders was an attempt to recreate Metropolis by hand. The teal renders are of a Last Resort remake I wanted to start. The grey render is a random practice map model. Then the OTHER tan ones are of a map I completed modeling (it was supposed to be another part of Zanzibar's shoreline) And then some renders (the ODST style renders) from English Mobster when I was giving him feedback.

https://imgur.com/a/mJEUP
Edited by 1bobsam1 on Mar 27, 2018 at 03:44 AM

Now we just need this to work with the Halo 2 Alpha and Beta.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Custom Edition features in MCC Mar 8, 2018 10:01 AM (Total replies: 23)

Very interesting. That's such a vague statement to make. I mean I don't expect anything amazing out of it, but seriously interesting... But it sounds to me like he'd be making BTCC's HAC2/1.10 changes to the engine.

Halo CE General Discussion » Looking for this halo 2 animation extractor Mar 5, 2018 12:07 AM (Total replies: 6)

Kirby (CMT) probably has it. If you say otherwise, then I mean how else were they going to do H2SPP.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] BioGoji's Campaign Mod Version 1.0 Feb 5, 2018 01:40 AM (Total replies: 21)

Press PrintScreen, paste it into MS Paint, save as (do the world a favor) .png.

If you cannot use printscreen use something like Shadowplay or set the game into windowed mode then take screenshot of the game window only by pressing ALT+PrintScreen. Then do the following steps as mentioned above. If all else fails I think you can just use the trial version of FRAPS and take screenshots with that.
Edited by 1bobsam1 on Feb 5, 2018 at 01:43 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Some Possibly Crazy Ideas Jan 28, 2018 11:36 PM (Total replies: 3)

I mean,the grunts should be able to use the turrets they do have the covenant turret animations but they won't look quite right but hey you can try.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Jan 27, 2018 09:37 PM (Total replies: 201)

I can see this project becoming lots of fun, I've been longing for a really nice New Mombasa setup for a long time. Much needed.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Jan 26, 2018 12:48 AM (Total replies: 201)

I'd really like to see you take your talents and fix up that E3 New Mombasa (City Scape as its called on HaloMaps) remake and actually make it into a decent looking map and complete the whole thing from the E3 trailer.

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4543
Edited by 1bobsam1 on Jan 26, 2018 at 12:48 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Is there a limit for map's size? Jan 13, 2018 06:44 PM (Total replies: 12)

Quote: --- Original message by: rcghalohell
I'm actually going to piggyback off of this. What is the limit from the center?

I'd assume it'd be 2,147,483,647 units any direction from 0,0,0.

Quote: --- Original message by: FireRodeo
How about improving the resolution?
This tool can do with improving video resolution, vice versa.
http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/wv-converter.html
It also allows you to convert videos formats.

http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm The Bink tools also allow you to do that natively too...

Halo CE General Discussion » Final update to the MEK Nov 3, 2017 08:43 PM (Total replies: 13)

Thanks for your time and dedication.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] Composer Aug 31, 2017 01:47 AM (Total replies: 17)

Python is amazing and if you can't figure out how to install the Run Time then you should probably not be using a computer. On topic: This is awesome, I've seen people manually compose the music to be like it's heard ingame (as seen here, but for Halo 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtMhBHmJnjE ). But this will let people take it one step further for sure. Cheers.

Halo CE General Discussion » Cannot join most of the servers Aug 15, 2017 01:27 AM (Total replies: 14)

EDIT: Errm, never mind I fixed it seconds after I posted this...
Edited by 1bobsam1 on Aug 15, 2017 at 01:31 AM

Time: Thu October 18, 2018 1:55 AM 313 ms.
A Halo Maps Website