A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Skidrow925
About Contact
Last Post: Yesterday @ 12:54 AM
Interests:
Your Age: ÇAG»Gonzo: such firepower. many boom. so sexy.
What Games do you play: Sergeant of the Master Sergeants Most Important Person of Extreme Sergeants to t
Hanging in there by a thread
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Skidrow925 has contributed to 3494 posts out of 461485 total posts (.76%) in 2,565 days (1.36 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Yesterday @ 12:54 AM (Total replies: 11199)

Protip: Its not actually masterz

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 24, 2017 06:59 PM (Total replies: 11199)

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
Im still better than masterz1337
http://i.imgur.com/qeKDZAZ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/xM0oJW6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/0VLbIEV.jpg

I'm pretty sure that Masterz1337 isn't the enviroment designer so comparing this to Masterz1337's work is completely irrelevant
welll.. He might not be wrong...

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 23, 2017 11:03 PM (Total replies: 11199)

Quote: --- Original message by: not m00kz
Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD
Its wierd how people that dont make content are yelling between themselves.

dude, what's a tag

what's projectile velocity

transparent chicago shades or something?

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 18, 2017 06:28 PM (Total replies: 11199)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode

Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
my HD doesn't have enough room to record them atm lmao. Need to clear out that stuff first

What's the matter? You thought just because I italicised lodeman's post and embedded a url that it would lead to NSFW content?

Well all I can say is DID YOU JUST ASSUME MY LINK? >:(

Edited by Super Flanker on Mar 18, 2017 at 10:52 AM

I should have seen that coming :p
Cleared 25 GB of data, so I should be set!

Should have chimed in before you sacrificed your favourite MLP seasons. MEGA has that 50gb storage thing for free.

Or alternatively if you speak chinese hook up with one of their free sites and you can get 1tb free. IKR?

Sad thing is though their is or was a law that made it illegal not to provide every chinese citizen with access to this awesome service.

Freaking western governments with their penny pinching greedyness and never ending wars. Why can't they understand that all we want is 1tb of free cloud storage?! >:v

Ahem.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Mar 14, 2017 03:51 PM (Total replies: 11908)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337

Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925
It's brings a different type of movement to vehicle combat and other vehicles.

Not really, it's the same idea as the ghost, a small li ht vehicle that can do some damage while being very quick

Quote: The decision to have the ARG attached to it was to communicate how powerful its weapons are, something h2a and h5 both failed to communicate.

An AR vs an SAW? Because having the grenade launcher doesn't really seem to make sense based off the statement.

Quote: We could have done it better visually I suppose, but on a project this size you have to do things and move onto the next task quickly and do the next thing better if you messed up on the previous, unless that failure is particularly egregious.

And yet, I would imagine something other than just welding it on there with like 12 supporting polygons is just... overwhelming? It's a large project as you say, I would have imagined you would have dedicated people for vehicle design and modelling.

The ghost can strafe and is far more mobile, the thing that convinced me to include it was that every time you go into battle with it feels like a high stakes game of chicken. The only way you can fire is if you are charging at the enemy.

The fact you think the gungoose in h2a had a SAW... kind of shows that no one clearly knows wtf it is on the gungoose, because I was pretty sure it was the turret bullets but they look like SMGs? With the AR you get the distinctive 5 star fire effect, sounds, visuals, and a clear idea of how much damage you do since you can use it in first person as well, for both the bullets and the grenades.

You'd have to ask SOI as to why he chose to go that route, when he showed it to me. IIRC he had a reason for doing it that way specifically. We tend to designate assets into tiers, with weapons in FP getting the most attention, while third person objects generally getting quicker and dirtier treatment.

It's increasingly difficult to keep producing assets of a certain caliber, especially over long periods of time on a project and also when the game can't do the artist justice. It's for this reason CMT is being disbanded with the release of SPV3, although my next and final project is still planned and will be using ripped content from H:O, H4 and Reach primarily.

Quote: --- Original message by: BravoLimeTaco
Are CMT maps still protected?

No, I was never a big believer of the protection and it was something that we mainly did for Dano and Wave of Lag and some other individuals back in the day iirc. But the changes to the maps from Open Sauce means many tags aren't rippable. For those who have experience with the HEK, we do have a version of the tagset to hand out. We were going to make it public, but we need to document everything inside it so people understand what everything is and that will take quite a while to complete, so it will likely be released with the full part 2 tags as well.
Edited by Masters1337 on Mar 14, 2017 at 07:47 AM

So I guess it's technically a GPMG (LAW), not a SAW, but same idea applies. A GPMG would have enough damage throughput not to particularly need a GL (which causes problems when close in due to splash ofttimes) but that's more a usage than anything. And it's perfectly easily used with the same tactics as the ghost if your careful, though I typically found running second line with it was more than enough, as those grenades took care of just about whatever I ran into with it.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Mar 14, 2017 04:12 AM (Total replies: 11908)

It's brings a different type of movement to vehicle combat and other vehicles.

Not really, it's the same idea as the ghost, a small li ht vehicle that can do some damage while being very quick

Quote: The decision to have the ARG attached to it was to communicate how powerful its weapons are, something h2a and h5 both failed to communicate.

An AR vs an SAW? Because having the grenade launcher doesn't really seem to make sense based off the statement.

Quote: We could have done it better visually I suppose, but on a project this size you have to do things and move onto the next task quickly and do the next thing better if you messed up on the previous, unless that failure is particularly egregious.

And yet, I would imagine something other than just welding it on there with like 12 supporting polygons is just... overwhelming? It's a large project as you say, I would have imagined you would have dedicated people for vehicle design and modelling.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Mar 13, 2017 07:44 PM (Total replies: 11908)

I still don't understand what's appealing about the gungoose. I guess its a neat concept, having weapons on a single occupant light vehicle, but aesthetically and mechanically, it just doesn't make any sense, and having two ARs just kind of "on there" looks positively silly

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Mar 7, 2017 05:33 PM (Total replies: 11908)

Quote: --- Original message by: CHRISPOCALYP5E

Ok I just want to share an insight from a LASO master here...

When I want to enjoy a casual stroll on normal through CMT SPV3 it feels almost as brutal as legendary.

There is something in SPV3 that feels a little overwhelming. I can't tell if it is just the damage output, certain weapons, certain actors BUT SOMETHING feels like it makes the campaign a little overwhelming...
Edited by CHRISPOCALYP5E on Mar 7, 2017 at 04:32 PM

SPV3 seems to have been designed for overwhelming difficultly, and little or no regard for each missions intended purpose. Which is unfortunate, but I don't see it changing. At least it's fairly pretty most of the time I suppose.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 7, 2017 05:27 PM (Total replies: 11199)

Curious question for some of you older community vets.

What is the actual custom content to rehash/port ratio?

Roughly 1:g(g(3))

http://img.youtube.com/vi/g_6uApBarxk/mqdefault.jpg

Why does the dude on the left have yellow hands as opposed to the fam on the right who has normal white hands?

Did lefty dip his digits in pollen or is he Chinese???

We covered this flanks, its banana

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Feb 24, 2017 02:38 PM (Total replies: 14951)

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
I legitimately cannot tell the difference between the two
reae bot to

Imo, the one looks a little cluttered on the back. Its cool, but I prefer the other myself

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Feb 16, 2017 04:46 PM (Total replies: 11199)

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG

I think saying CMT's work is noobified and then proceeding to use CMT's work is hypocritical at best.

ALSO OH MY GOODNESS THAT GRASS TILING IS ABSOLUTELY ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING.
Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Feb 16, 2017 at 10:21 AM

My tagpack only rensables the astetics of CMT but all the variables where redone from scratch

Read: CMT tags with variables from random.org

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Feb 15, 2017 09:51 PM (Total replies: 11199)

Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD

You tard,

You think your better than anyone, right? guess what, your not...

Oh don't be a wristwatch

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Feb 13, 2017 12:39 AM (Total replies: 11199)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
Moving a spotlight around doesn't mean time of day, nor does it mean that you've made that work ingame

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well.

It doesn't even make sens e to have that happening, isn't he trying to show off the bso or something?

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Feb 10, 2017 11:50 PM (Total replies: 11199)

Quote: --- Original message by: ThatGuyWhoLikesCats
planet flood c is finished, but im not going to release it yet. masterz1337 dont deserve such high quality competiton like me.
Edited by Halonimator on Feb 10, 2017 at 05:23 PM

https://voidagger.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/superman4bdcap1_original.jpg
I can't stand idly by and watch as, stumbled into madness, a possible latino takeover. And so I've come to a decision. Effective immediately, I'm going to rid our internet, of all, latino, mappers.

IM NOT A FK LATINO YOU Mfr, wheres the latino in my name!

Sounds like something a latino would say

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Feb 10, 2017 05:35 PM (Total replies: 11199)

Seems kind of large and open. And what's with that light?

masterz1337 dont deserve such high quality competiton like me.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Feb 10, 2017 10:41 AM (Total replies: 14951)

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG
You get a bump of coal for Christmas.

I'd prefer an official DINC t-shirt.

Quote: --- Original message by: BKTiel
if this weapon were a woman

t!rep @Tiel

https://images.discordapp.net/.eJwNx0EOhCAMAMC_8ABqASn6G4IETdAS2j1t_Pvu3OZrPrOb3ZyqQ3aA45LC87CiPHOrtjG3XvO4xBa-Iavmct71UQHnMGzJESWiGFaPDv7BJa4h4YI-bJ4iaM3djqeZ9weejSF5.ycK19MOxkYijRf7DOk_yKObvL3g

Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle
Maybe you can 3d print it in silicone so you can do what you really want to do, Tiel.

I'd need to fit a larger barrel then. ಠ_ಠ In all seriousness though you'd have to do a huge amount of work to refit any of my meshes to even consider a print. Though it would be cool to see someone try just as long as no asshat's decide to make money off of my blood, sweat and beers. cheers.

Updates!

Retractable buttstock:

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/405517864.jpg

WIP Barrel guard:

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/547581933.jpg

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/534025982.jpg

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/381570531.jpg

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/331428166.jpg

Not too sure about the stuff in dark blue which is why I haven't gone the full 9 yards with them like I have with the other pieces. I don't mind killing them at this stage seeing as I haven't put much effort in them just yet so I'll wait here for a few ours just in case anyone points out any flaws or improvements that could be made.

- Topo -

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/241414595.jpg

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/823489157.jpg

I think the flash hider is too wimpy. (That's the front of the barrel civvies)

Because you asked

flanks is gonna get me banned one day

Flash hider looks fine, though when it's that thin, there is typically a loop on the end of it.
Edited by Skidrow925 on Feb 10, 2017 at 10:43 AM
Edited by Skidrow925 on Feb 10, 2017 at 10:46 AM

My welcome to this community was a "your dismissive and arrogant". Uh last I read I said hi and pointed out how many users are abusing others typing stupidity so how am I dismissive and arrogant? Sorry I pointed out the big fat negatives that are like... Right there for the world to see...

Dennis control your users. They're preventing new members from joining because of the bad rep they make for this joint.

thanks for proving my point you wristwatch

Hey I'm the one being abused in literally every thread I post in so why don't you stop being so naive.

Clans of trolls keep harassing me everywhere I post so what the hell am I doing wrong? I know replying to them is but if they can act inappropriate then why the hell do we have forum rules?

it's because you're eithe sshers, 12, or both

do you say "both" or "bolth"?

Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
Shers, is that you ?

Nah it can't be.

Either way, I want a lime popsackle now.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Jan 24, 2017 11:28 PM (Total replies: 11199)

Also, if the muscle striation is visible, it's not going to be much of a fight, or at least, not a long one. Make it look either bulky or toned, not just straight up muscle mass.

Big engine without gas is going nowhere fast.

Other bits of note: The tail should either be a bit lower, or at a lower angle as it's an extension of the spine, and those hands. They look like hotdogs superglued to a sausage patty caked in solidified grease.

Time: Sun March 26, 2017 10:54 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website