A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: abkarch
About Contact
Last Post: Apr 13, 2017 01:30 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
abkarch has contributed to 1656 posts out of 467759 total posts (.35%) in 3,187 days (.52 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Right before i stopped frequenting here, i remember a few custom map teams were releasing their raw assets more frequently. I was wondering if there was a pretty comprehensive set of models/animations (textured or not) for 3rd and 1st person, rather from the OG game or from some obscure map team and in a useable file format(fbx, max, etc), to use as placeholders in a project of mine, with the stock/less/more than stock weapon set. thanks for any help.
Edited by abkarch on Apr 13, 2017 at 01:47 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Fail/Funny Montage MUST SEE <3 Dec 15, 2015 01:30 AM (Total replies: 65)

lol

Edited by abkarch on Dec 15, 2015 at 01:32 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Best K/D Ratio Dec 15, 2015 01:28 AM (Total replies: 51)

OMG PLZ TELL ME UR ELITE SNIPNG SKLLZ BOSS

Halo CE General Discussion » Blood Gulch MOD !!!! [W.I.P.] Dec 15, 2015 01:22 AM (Total replies: 110)

Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
Modding != map making.
Halomaps.

tag ripping != map making
Modeling != map making
modding blood gulch != map making

Logic does not compute

Halo CE General Discussion » Installation 01 (Halo Fan Game) Thread Mar 28, 2015 02:17 PM (Total replies: 494)

impressed with the progress you guys have there since ive been gone.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Feb 24, 2015 01:49 PM (Total replies: 14969)

Quote: --- Original message by: bourrin33
http://puu.sh/g9OIW/04302cdf7d.jpg
A little preview of the rocket launcher ingame :D

I don't understand how photoshop layer blending and alpha works yet so I have a bit of trouble with texturing, especially applying that camo layer decently, but still

10/10 would point at enemy and fire

insert picture of PC and brag about superior lights and specs here

Halo CE General Discussion » Read this! The fate of Halo:CE depends on it! Jan 15, 2015 02:09 PM (Total replies: 12)

Quote: Read this! The fate of Halo:CE depends on it!

RIP CE

Halo CE General Discussion » [Video] 343i said to pc gamer "keep asking" Aug 6, 2014 03:53 PM (Total replies: 35)

its definitely more likely now with x86 consoles with the MCC than it was with powerPC consoles, seeing as itd be several times easier.

Quote: --- Original message by: PopeAK49
Make sure "Import as single mesh" is checked. That's what I had to do in 3ds max 2014 to make sure everything isn't messed up. Also, make sure 'backface cull' is checked once the mesh is imported.

THANK YOU SO MUCH. the import as single mesh box did it.

i think its max's fault (2013) but whenever i use halo CE BSP tag converter or aether to export the BSP for gephyrophobia into OBJ, max imports the OBJ with all sorts of flipped normals or something. the model is a bloody mess. Anyone know how i can get the bsp for geph properly? or anyone have the model already sitting around?

Halo CE General Discussion » Is Installation 01 cancelled yet? Jul 17, 2014 09:08 PM (Total replies: 113)

Quote: --- Original message by: General_101
The least they could do is use one of the three forum posts they have and say, "So it turns out we are indeed still alive and NOT dead!" Just a thought.

megasean and greg have pretty much both said its not dead, and they are both part of it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Is Installation 01 cancelled yet? Jul 17, 2014 10:44 AM (Total replies: 113)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan_234
I hope so.

why would you HOPE so? you dont want a free, new, halo game for PC?
lolstupid

Halo CE General Discussion » so...1.0.10...1080p? y chat still no work? Jul 13, 2014 09:48 AM (Total replies: 17)

1.0.10 added native 1080p support.

Quote:
why cant I see anything I type in 1080p?

I got chat working by running the redist method mentioned above ( google finally yielded an answer before i saw that post :P)
Edited by abkarch on Jul 13, 2014 at 09:49 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Is Installation 01 cancelled yet? Jul 12, 2014 04:31 PM (Total replies: 113)

I hope they have made significant progess since the last update i just saw on youtube.

If anyone involved sees this, id be curious in helping out DEPENDING on the progress you have and team competency. Im very familiar with the engine itself, and im slowly becoming more competent in C# in the context of unity. Ive made some simple iphone games in unity if you would want to see any of my work in action. I can also model basic stuff and texture basic stuff. I have some mad gimp skills depending on what would need to be done. add me on steam abkarch, nicknamed karch...i dont really do any other communication with people IDK IRL. I'd mostly only be available this summer but would like to help one of these projects get past the "WE HAVE A GUN THAT SHOOTS" stage.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo will return to PC. *with proof Jul 12, 2014 04:17 PM (Total replies: 47)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan_234
You havd a point there but their trying.

I tried once. Made a reasonable amount of progress for one person who didn't actually know what they were doing.

Still was epic fail.

Halo CE General Discussion » so...1.0.10...1080p? y chat still no work? Jul 12, 2014 04:15 PM (Total replies: 17)

so 1.09 still has more players? crap...i thought that version was shutdown with gamespy...

Halo CE General Discussion » so...1.0.10...1080p? y chat still no work? Jul 11, 2014 03:07 PM (Total replies: 17)

wait does HAC 2 do its own server list? i was under the impression 1.0.10 was mandatory to keep playing online...
(i had to google HAC 2 to figure out what it was when you said it)

Quote: --- Original message by: xnx
Because they're developing the Master Chief into his own unique character and making him more than just a set of cool armor.

Cant tell if serious

Time: Sun December 9, 2018 8:04 PM 281 ms.
A Halo Maps Website