A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Jaz
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 1, 2016 06:31 PM
Interests: Playing games, thinking and watching anime
Your Age: 20
What Games do you play: Tons when I'm not watching anime, which is rare
[Insert sarcastic comment here]

Post Statistics
Jaz has contributed to 2490 posts out of 469390 total posts (.53%) in 3,503 days (.71 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » New Halo Games Coming To PC Confirmed?!?! Oct 1, 2016 06:31 PM (Total replies: 53)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
So without a link to support your claims your credibility amounts to zilch.

Umm, you could have just looked up 'Halo app Windows 10' and you would have found info about it and some pics. And it's not exactly a far-fetched claim. There is a Halo hub App on Windows 10 now. Go figure. It's not absolute proof that we'll have more Halo games, but it seems a bit pointless to have a hub for only the 2 games that can currently benefit from it.(Halo 5: Forge and Halo Wars 2). Unless they port Halo CE and Halo 2.(to the UWP standards)

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 5 forge as a map creation tool Sep 17, 2016 12:07 PM (Total replies: 35)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
Quote: --- Original message by: The Master
What software are you using to partition it? Are you trying to move the system reserved partition? Can you post pics of the disk partitioning?

I use default windows tools. I reduced the page file size, turned off hibernation and all that good stuff, but apparently there are unmovable system files that prevent me from shrinking the current partition. If it matters, it's the same partition/drive as the active OS.

Just use MiniTool Partition Wizard. If there are any system files that the tool can't move while Windows is open(because the OS is using them), then MiniTool can launch it's own standalone boot program outside of Windows to complete the partitioning process. Windows' built-in tool can't do that, so it just gets confused and tells you it's impossible. (MiniTool is also much more efficient and easier to use)

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV3 Credits... make sure you aren't forgotten Jun 24, 2016 06:24 PM (Total replies: 39)

I uh.... gave silent moral support. Notice those mysterious waves of inspiration that washed over you while you were working on the mod? That was me... somehow.
Edited by Jaz on Jun 24, 2016 at 06:25 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » OpenSauce on Windows 10 Jun 23, 2016 07:02 PM (Total replies: 13)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
Quote: --- Original message by: DOOM899
Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz
Works fine, though, for whatever reason, AVG's gone crazy since I upgraded to W10 and loads of games started breaking, including Halo.(on both of my PCs and my dad's PC) I've since uninstalled AVG and everything works fine now.
yea win 10 doesn't like AVG one bit

Or AVG doesn't like Windows 10?

Cause it's spyware.

Conspiracy!

After being off this site for so long, I actually just looked really hard for an upvote button by your post. Dennis should implement one now just so that I can upvote you because you just hit the nail on the head.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 23, 2016 06:57 PM (Total replies: 12123)

I'll be playing with a Steam Controller. Accuracy of a mouse for aiming(once you master the trackpad), and the precision of a joystick for movement.(especially if you actually use the joystick...)

Halo CE General Discussion » OpenSauce on Windows 10 Jun 22, 2016 01:38 PM (Total replies: 13)

Works fine, though, for whatever reason, AVG's gone crazy since I upgraded to W10 and loads of games started breaking, including Halo.(on both of my PCs and my dad's PC) I've since uninstalled AVG and everything works fine now.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 22, 2016 01:33 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
You guys need to move to a country out of Africa.

Nah, just need to ditch TalkTalk. Technically meant to be on a fiber package but they're being arses and not actually setting it up, so I'm still on an old connection.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 22, 2016 09:52 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: tanju77
Quote: --- Original message by: DOOM899

Quote: --- Original message by: TomCRUZE
2-3 GBs? YIKES!
3 gbs these days it's not much, try downloading the new doom 45gbs man
Edited by DOOM899 on Jun 22, 2016 at 06:57 AM
at my 50 - 250 kbps network? HELL NOOOO. Even downloading 1 gb is much for me.

Anyway, let's hope Cmt will highly, really highly compress the mod. Is it possible below 1 gb?

Umm, unless you have a data limit; what's the problem? Just leave the download running for a day or two. I do it all the time, as my connection's pretty awful too. Sometimes, I leave downloads running for a week or longer at a time. (though they were on Steam, so I was able to pause if necessary)

Halo CE General Discussion » Roleplay Community Is Dead Jun 17, 2016 06:04 PM (Total replies: 129)

Oh wow, I thought Halo multiplayer in general had mostly died by now, nevermind the RP community.

I doubt I'll ever get back into it. Mainly because I don't have the time for it anymore. I have very little spare time, and the spare time that I do have, I would rather spend catching up on The Witcher 3 and Skyrim. (still haven't finished Skyrim)

But out of curiosity; what are the 3 groups that are still alive? And how many active members do they actually have now?

Halo CE General Discussion » Survey: Which GPU do you use? Aug 13, 2015 06:25 AM (Total replies: 68)

Nvidia GTX 780. Just got it on ebay about 2 weeks ago :P

Could have got a Ti for the same price literally an hour after I bought this but ah well /:

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] coop-SP Finish the fight Jul 5, 2015 06:13 PM (Total replies: 77)

Quote: --- Original message by: NeX
Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
By "cooperative singeplayer" I think he means you can cooperate with the I.A. So technically is coop

so if regular single-player missions where you have a friendly team are "co-op", then how do you define actual co-op, with 2+ human players vs AI (and may also have friendlies).

Co-co-op?

Nah.

Multiplayer Co-Op?

Yeah; no, I think anyone who tries to define singleplayer campaigns with AI working with the player as 'Co-Op' needs to have a long, hard think about their wretched existence.

While it 'technically' makes sense, there are many things in this world that 'technically' make sense but we make compromises for convenience's sake. There are far too many games which would have to be redefined if we nitpicked at their listed genres.

Halo CE General Discussion » How many years halo ce will live? Mar 16, 2015 09:47 AM (Total replies: 55)

In response to the OP:

As many as it lives for.

Quote: --- Original message by: Infinite Guardian
Okay. Also halomods.com is down for some reason.

Yeah, seems to have been down for a few days. Weird.

Maybe they actually subtly posted the map release there and the hype was so powerful that the site exploded.

Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
To add into the high standards thing: some say holding people to high standards is unrealistic, unforgiving and even disrespectful.

I disagree. Holding people to a high standard is probably the biggest compliment you can give them. It means you deem them capable of delivering something really nice, and that they have managed to raise your expectations.

Holding them to unrealistic expectations and complaining about them not meeting your expectations in a greatly direspectful manner is what I'm personally seeing as an issue. (especially when said expectations are actually just that they cater to your specific tastes, which is selfish)

As I noted earlier, I agree that yes, as long as you do so in a dignified and respectful manner, holding them to a high standard because you know they should be able to meet it is perfectly fine and is certainly a big compliment if you don't go about it the wrong way.

Quote: --- Original message by: stunt_man
That being said, I hold them to the highest possible standards - not out of self-entitlement, but out of respect for the enormous talent in the team.

That is a fair point and I suppose I do actually hold them to reasonably high standards myself because I know they want some external padding to their benchmark so that they know they're not setting the bar too low for themselves. I hold them to the standards that I believe they can achieve because I know they're a great team. So you do have a good point there.

However, people should still be respectful if they are to hold a team to high standards. High standards =/= The right to make stupid demands, especially when said demands would cause the creators to deviate from what they actually want to do.
Case in point: Bonehead and Lode were both complaining about CMT still modding the campaign maps rather than fully custom maps and neither went about it in a respectful manner. Lode resorted to namecalling Masterz and Bonehead decided to have a massive troll debate about the matter.

Though I'm doubting either was actually serious in the first place as both have made comments that make little sense.(I think Lode's at least a little better than this). But regardless, they have just acted as an example of disrespectfully making unreasonable demands and holding the team to ridiculous standards.
(and 'not a mod' is certainly a ridiculous standard. They both basically insisted that CMT ditch what they're doing and start anew with a custom map. That's a very ridiculous standard)

Edited by Jaz on Jan 13, 2015 at 12:27 AM

@DaLode: Who said CMT's tags would increase people's skill and intellect 'magically'? Whether people want to study the tags to actually learn something from them is up to them, but I suspect at least a few people will, thus Flankers is in part correct. A lot of people will probably just take the tags and dump them in their maps without even thinking about it though so it is also true that not everyone will learn from them.

@SubbyBoneHead: You can't be a complete bonehead so I assume you already understand that holding volunteer modders to the same standards as paid devs is ridiculous. Stop trying to hold up your original point and just admit you're wrong. There isn't even much of an argument to be made here. Basically, CMT gain nothing from your consuming their work so they could offer you the equivelant of a plain slice of bread and you'd still be the only one benefiting. You can just ignore that offering if you don't care for it's miniscule benefit to you and move on.

Quote: --- Original message by: Nickster5000
Quote: --- Original message by: thellt
quote: 'knock that autistic crap off"
thats offensive.

I find it extremely offensive, because I can bet that nearly almost everyone in this forum, or anyone that posts this quote on the internet has no idea what Autism is like.

Half the people here are probably quite high on the Autistic spectrum so that's a bit of a dumb bet.

As an autistic friend of mine once said, highly autistic people tend to like computers because monitor screens don't have faces. He phrased it rather a lot better than that, but yeah, autistic people tend to become IT geeks because it's quite impersonal.
So it's quite likely that a lot of people here know what Autism is like.

I'm not autistic myself though tbh, though I show a few of the signs

Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98
Quote: --- Original message by: PRPatxi
You can use both OS and HAC2.

Not in Win 8.1, dunno about Win 8.

It worked fine for me last time I tried on 1.09 and I have 8.1.(and I've had 8/8.1 since 8's technical preview)

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Marketing Gold Jan 8, 2015 11:34 AM (Total replies: 46)

Quote: --- Original message by: SubbyBoneHead
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Getting the files is not the same as having a physical copy of a rare item that was only produced in limited quantities and was not intended to be made available to the public.
Edited by Echo77 on Jan 8, 2015 at 02:11 AM

Let me let you in on a little secret, physical copies of games don't mean anything now. Only people who hold on to physical copies are hoarders. I still don't understand why Microsoft wouldn't release a digital version of it. It makes business sense if you think about it.

"don't mean anything now".

No, but they will in a decade or two when they're rare items. They're worth keeping just to see how much collectors will pay for them in the future.
Especially since CDs/DVDs have already started their slow decline into hipster territory. They'll be a rarity in a few decades.

Halo CE General Discussion » Lan party gaming Jan 3, 2015 05:29 AM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: sargejohnson
Quote: --- Original message by: Maiku3
Get the Halo CE Dedicated server app, install sapp on it(will remove cd-key check). And use that to play on lan.

That's weird, IIRC SAPP doesn't remove CD-key checks. It did have such an option ("sv_cdkeycheck 0" I think) several versions ago, but that option has disappeared. Only Gandanur has such options now (the unrestricted version).

Maybe it's just by default now?

Time: Tue October 22, 2019 6:08 AM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website