A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: doompig444
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 20, 2012 01:40 AM
Interests: You
Your Age: 16
What Games do you play:
MorniŽ alantiŽ

Post Statistics
doompig444 has contributed to 1246 posts out of 469382 total posts (.27%) in 3,497 days (.36 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Firefight Descent Official Thread Sep 20, 2012 01:40 AM (Total replies: 417)

This firefight... It is decent.

Actually it's more than just decent, I just wanted to make that pun :)

Amazing work, everybody.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 4 Video Jun 5, 2012 07:09 AM (Total replies: 122)

Quote: --- Original message by: TM_updates
They should have made a new franchise as this is nothing like Halo.
The character design reminds me of Half-life + Mass Effect and features teleporting robots.

Not only that, but the storyline has become just too milked out to have any sort of believability left. How much can one man experience in a life-time? The original trilogy was already a hell of an adventure, but this is overkill and feels tacked on just to expand halo's lifespan. One can also call this "milking the cow", and the large crowd will love it because it's called Halo. Say what you want, but if this was a different franchise I bet alot of you would brand it "generix sci-fi shooter X". It doesn't differentiate itself anymore from other shooters.

Luckily I'm not the only one who thinks this as apparent on xfire. This thread almost gives off the idea that alot of people are liking this thing.

But remember: a cow's uterus cannot have an infinite volume.

Good to see a voice of reason among the circlejerk.

If you showed this trailer to me and removed the parts with the AR and Cortana, and told me it was a different game, I'd believe you.

Fantastic, looking forward to seeing more!

Halo CE General Discussion » Official TM - CMT - Community Gamenight Dec 2, 2011 04:10 AM (Total replies: 140)

If someone throws a LIVE subscription at my face, I'll come.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Dec 2, 2011 04:09 AM (Total replies: 8490)

I think some lines could be cleaner, but other than that it's pretty boss.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Anniversary Edition. What A Joke. Dec 2, 2011 04:08 AM (Total replies: 197)

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Halo CE General Discussion » :3 Waffles' WIP/RELEASE thread Oct 7, 2011 06:17 PM (Total replies: 1082)

Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925
Quote: --- Original message by: SeL
http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?23134-WIP-Requiem&p=597067&viewfull=1#post597067

Really?

Seeing half the avatar's on that page I am never going there again. MLP is the worst thing ever.

Don't worry, we'll keep loving and tolerating you ^_~

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Oct 7, 2011 03:27 AM (Total replies: 11479)

PROTIP: Don't ask Higurl or your vehicles will start looking like mountains and cliffs.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Oct 7, 2011 03:20 AM (Total replies: 8490)

^ Epic shaders, man!

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Oct 5, 2011 04:21 AM (Total replies: 8490)

Quote: --- Original message by: Bobblehob
It really sucks to get a map with lame, low poly weapons that have crappy textures that try to make up for the lack of detail.

T_T
Edited by doompig444 on Oct 5, 2011 at 04:22 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Oct 4, 2011 02:46 AM (Total replies: 11479)

The shader setup is sex, but the render settings are meh. Get some lighting and mental-ray and whatnot in there.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Sep 29, 2011 09:58 PM (Total replies: 14974)

Quote: --- Original message by: Soldier11
Here's the promised animation preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzNZXgOhFZQ

Please note that it's still a WIP.

To-Do-List:

-fixing sloppy finger motions on the reload
-adding a reload-full animation
-adding another ready animation
-fixing all the ingame related stuff like damage, muzzleflash,.......

Looking great as usual, except (besides the stuff you pointed out already), I think the melee goes up too high. Like if you pause it halfway through, the point of the knife is so high above the crosshair that I'm pretty sure you'd be knifing over the enemy's head.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Sep 26, 2011 06:22 PM (Total replies: 8490)

Reptiles and avians shared a remarkably close common ancestor.

Prove me wrong.

Halo CE General Discussion » my new mapping team members wanted Sep 26, 2011 02:02 AM (Total replies: 32)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz
I love how the Halo community's downgraded so much that if a new member appears and wants to start mapping, he's instantly trolled and assaulted. Has anyone even checked to see whether he's serious?

It's almost as if it were never like this.

Halo CE General Discussion » my new mapping team members wanted Sep 25, 2011 11:14 PM (Total replies: 32)

Count me in! My fields of expertise include the ripping of protected tags, the editing of damage values in Guerilla, the insertion of those tags into Bloodgulch, the poorly thought out placement of AI, and the compiling of all that into a map!

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Combat Olympics Map Sep 25, 2011 02:43 PM (Total replies: 78)

Try "Altitude".

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Combat Olympics Map Sep 25, 2011 12:32 AM (Total replies: 78)

Looking forward to playing this :D

I think a suitable map name would be "(h3)_olympicos_combato_beta_publica_uno"

...Jokes, try "Intrepid" or "Zenith" or "Technicolor_ii"

E: "Zenith" is (unfortunately) already taken...
Edited by doompig444 on Sep 25, 2011 at 12:34 AM

Quote: --- Original message by: Ubergoober
the only thing im worried about is that its too easy to get out of the map, this is really going to have a detrimental effect on the gameplay, once people work out how to get out of the map, the gameplay will b ruined.
i hope this can b fixed with an invisible wall or maybe some kind of turrets situated up on the cliffs that shoot u down if u go up there.

http://www.xfire.com/video/4e13da/

It doesn't help when you have a video of how to do it on your Xfire :O

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3 pc agen? Sep 24, 2011 02:56 AM (Total replies: 36)

Looks legit.

This is almost certainly real, guys.
We should all download it. Seriously.

Played it both by myself (foreveralone.jpg) and with some others. Great map, eye-candy is superb and gameplay is good too. My only major gripes are the weapon placement, which doesn't seem to have any attempt at a logical order, so I'm really just running around in the dark hoping for a "Hold e" message to appear, and the somewhat inbalanced state of the vehicles. The Chopper's collision is glitchy, which isn't a huge problem, but it does interfere with gameplay at times. The amount of damage taken while in different vehicles also seems a little off, though I haven't thoroughly tested them individually.

Time: Thu October 17, 2019 12:25 AM 359 ms.
A Halo Maps Website