A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Ring127
About Contact
Last Post: Apr 5, 2015 10:15 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Semper-Fi

Post Statistics
Ring127 has contributed to 91 posts out of 469156 total posts (.02%) in 3,400 days (.03 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Windows 10 Apr 5, 2015 10:15 PM (Total replies: 15)

OS works fine as well. The only issue I've found so far (as was pointed out in the relevant thread) is that the compatibility fix for HAC2 and OS doesn't work with WIndows 10 (nor 8/8.1, if I recall).

Halo CE General Discussion » HALO 2 ANNIVERSARY CINEMATICS TRAILER Jul 25, 2014 10:29 PM (Total replies: 60)

Not sure how I feel about this. On one hand Blur was amazing in Halo Wars and really helped tie that game's campaign together, on the other all of the main series Halo games have had in-engine cut-scenes, so these pre-rendered ones feel a bit out of place.

Halo CE General Discussion » 343 rips confirmed Jul 25, 2014 08:19 PM (Total replies: 25)

Quote: --- Original message by: Delicon20
343's thought process:
[snip]

Sabre Interactive, actually. 343 contracted the work on CEA out to them (and Certain Affinity for MP work) while they focused on Halo 4.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bungie owes Marty O' Donnell $95,000! Jul 22, 2014 05:30 PM (Total replies: 4)

You've got it a bit mixed up. That is money owed to him after he was terminated without reason for unused vacation time and such. It's not that he wasn't being paid his salary, it's just that he's collecting the vacation time he didn't use.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Composition Jul 22, 2014 02:07 PM (Total replies: 402)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan_234
I wonder if halo composition will have brutes or any weapons from reach (other weapons from halo 4).

It seams like they're going for a very lore friendly story, so I'd assume there wouldn't be any Brutes with the storm covenant. At this point in time Brutes and Elites still want each other's blood.

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 2014 Live Jul 19, 2014 03:35 PM (Total replies: 854)

Quick question that I don't think has been covered (sorry if it has), is there going to be a mumble or vent server up for voice chat or will it all just be in game chat for the after show servers?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Anniversary Edition. What A Joke. Nov 29, 2011 04:48 PM (Total replies: 197)

Well, I heard something. It went a little bit like this:
Quote: --- Original message by: 50predator50

Now stop talking about hallucinations and get on topic :)

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Anniversary Edition. What A Joke. Nov 27, 2011 11:11 PM (Total replies: 197)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
But the green the person could make could be a perfect green, or a green that's too into the yellow side or a green that's too into the blue side. When they could have fixed those little errors, they instead chose to just leave it be. I think that's the point that the OP is making.

I commend you, sir. That was an excellent point. It would be great if that was OP's point, but from everything I have read, I can say with the utmost certainty, it isn't. The point was to start a topic dedicated to nit picking at a game that accomplished what it set out to do. To criticize something without a good platform of arguments.

That, and few things in this world can be labeled as perfect. To try so hard to tear apart a game on such loose terms is ridiculous.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Anniversary Edition. What A Joke. Nov 27, 2011 10:57 PM (Total replies: 197)

Quote: --- Original message by: videoman<snip>

There, feel better? My point was that all you said could be summarized in that phrase. All of your arguments are downright insufferable.

But let's get on-topic, shall we?

My point with obtaining the achievement is to prove that sniping is not, as you stated, broken, as I obtained it quite easily. As a matter of fact, you appear to be just skewing my words in an attempt to turn the conversation, and hide the faults in your argument.

As stated, the game is exactly the same. Press the back button and play a level. Then, open your Halo: CE case, insert it in your Xbox, and play the same level, as it was 10 years ago. Aside from the change in aspect ratio(4:3 to 16:9) there is no difference.

Once again, you are ill-informed. O'Donnell signed up to work with Bungie during the Myth series, an RTS game that Bungie made before moving onto Halo. Marty does indeed work with Bungie(not for, as he and Salvatori own their own music studio). He doesn't WANT to work on the soundtrack, he is working with Bungie on their next project.

I guess I'll get off topic again. I don't think almost 2 years counts as recent. However, a join date does not denote your maturity level. The notion that someone being around longer makes them correct all the time is just elitist.

If you are not a troll, then you are making an argument based on biased opinions and calling them facts. If anyone is the fool, it is you.

[ON-TOPIC]
I honestly love the game. Aside from some laziness when porting the models (Such as keys in his captains suit during 343, or the Scorpion having a hole where the turret used to be). I have no complaints. As Masters said, the game does show its age, but can you criticize something accomplishing what it set out to do? That would be like criticizing someone for wanting to make green, so they mix blue and yellow paint.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Anniversary Edition. What A Joke. Nov 27, 2011 09:17 PM (Total replies: 197)

Quote: --- Original message by: videoman
HERP DERP I AM AN IGNORANT IDIOT AND HAVE NO CLUE WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT HERP DERP

Make it stop! Please God, MAKE IT STOP! I can't believe I'm even of the same species as you. Your opinions are so skewed that it hurts to read them.

In response to your first post:
1) You do realize games are in production for a while before they are announced right. Right?

2) I'm calling your bluff. I've never had that happen to me. I have the achievement for going through the first encounter on Truth and Reconciliation with out being seen. As far as the Warthog goes, its exactly the same as 10 years ago. Press the back button and see for yourself. Same with the banshee and ghost. The firing rate looks altered, because your used to the new games where the guns alternate fire, where as in CE, both fired at once, leaving more of a delay.

3) Again, same AI as 10 years ago. Shouldn't this be a good thing, that AI from 10 years ago is still a difficult foe? I swear, you shouldn't be on the internet.

Your post(s) about the soundtrack:
I... You... Uhm... What?
I swear, that rant about George Lucas doing the soundtracks made me want to punch my screen. That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, and that's saying a lot.

Of course Marty isn't doing the Score's from now on, he works with Bungie. However, that doesn't mean they will be any worse. I can name a few games that have an amazing score, yet aren't composed by Marty.
Portal 2
Gears of War
Mass Effect
MW2(Game sucked, but Hanz Zimmer is a god)
Metal Gear Solid(Which by the way, is the composer for Halo 4.)
etc.

I fail to see the problem with the Soundtrack. It's a different orchestra playing the same songs from 10 years ago. Songs that were originally synthesized(as in, HCE didn't have a live orchestra to preform them.)

I still can't believe I'm of the same species as you. Surely no one can be this dumb. You MUST be trolling. It's the only logical answer for how stupid your being.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Anniversary Edition. What A Joke. Nov 27, 2011 12:33 PM (Total replies: 197)

Oh, man. Your tears are so delicious, but you were right about one thing. I shouldn't call you a hater. I should call you a fanboy. I guess that CMT fanboys are still prowling the forums. Yes they did contribute a lot to the campaign, but that's the difference between CMT and 343. CMT wanted to change the game, 343 wanted it to stay the same, bugs and all. Your criticizing a game for accomplishing something it set out to do.

As far as calling trick jumps stupid, and other glitches unnecessary, my friend, those bugs are what made CE infinitely re-playable. they allowed you to do so much more with the game. You obviously have no appreciation for preserving things. I can almost guarantee that if 343 used a new engine, and built anniversary from the ground up so it played just like Halo 3/Reach with its physics, you would still be butt-hurt over "how much they changed a classic."

Your arguments are still invalid. :)

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Gauss Sniper Nov 27, 2011 12:38 AM (Total replies: 92)

I must say, such a small reticule for such a powerful weapon just looks odd. May I suggest a change? It's crude, but a quick example.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Anniversary Edition. What A Joke. Nov 27, 2011 12:16 AM (Total replies: 197)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Well in their defense, they was leaked, unfinished levels.

I actually preferred the leak to the ones posted on Halo Maps, simply because I detested the new BSP's. Also, my whole point was you going full retard by saying that an unfinished, unorganized project like SPV2 was better than HCEA, which it clearly was not.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Anniversary Edition. What A Joke. Nov 26, 2011 11:53 PM (Total replies: 197)

You all make my head hurt so much.

99% of your arguments against Anniversary are invalid because they are very uninformed. You sound like little kids pulling statements out of your asses.

I remember a comment about the sniper looking terrible. It's the same sniper from reach, the only difference is that the aspect for it is changed. In Halo CE, weapons point towards the center of the screen, in Reach they point slightly lower.

And as far as them not changing the Collision models, yes it can be annoying when lining up that perfect shot, but as stated, one of the major tenants for 343 was keeping game-play intact. If they changed collision, a lot of glitches or trick jumps would be unrepeatable. Look up Tower to Tower on YouTube. One of the greatest feats of trick jumping for Halo CE. Do you think that could have happened if they edited the game-play, as you so desire?

Let's see, what other arguments are there... Oh:
Quote: --- Original message by: NeiaG

I laugh and take a drag of my stoge as to where this thread has gone.

Also, I saw in a couple of posts how the CE community is just jealous of how 343 did it before them. I got just one thing to say to that.

SPV2.

This community did more. For free. Sure, it's not done, but it's still more.
Edited by NeiaG on Nov 26, 2011 at 12:17 AM

I'd take the time to pull up the Stewie meme to call you a retard, but that would take too much time. SPV2 was terrible, it was unfinished. At first, I was all over it when the beta maps were released, but I played them, and was disappointed. Everything looked pretty, but game-play lacked severely. The new bsp's did little to add to the game-play, and most of the time, outright didn't fit in the level.

Honestly, all you haters sound like butt-hurt twelve year olds that want to sound cool and intelligent, so they deliberately make a thread like this to sound relevant. It's pitiful.

Feel free to argue, your tears will be delicious.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Tactical\Impractical Shotgun. Aug 1, 2011 02:54 PM (Total replies: 14)

Getting rid of the red dot would make it 20% cooler
and yes I realize it was meant as a joke.

Halo CE General Discussion » So does anyone still play halowars? Jul 8, 2011 09:45 PM (Total replies: 39)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
And can anyone answer why no ones made a grizzly tank for CE?

Because Power turret scorpion destroys the grizzly.

Halo CE General Discussion » What is up with all this [H3] Crap??? Oct 28, 2010 10:31 PM (Total replies: 77)

Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
What reason would I have for hating Mexicans. Just because I dislike one or two people of Spanish descent (one from Mexico, one from Columbia) doesn't mean I hate Mexicans.

Yup, and just because I hate all the asians at my school doesn't make me rasist :P.

Jk, but thats my point, sphinx actually understands you and dislikes you because yyou ask him to respect the tags and all that good stuff.
Edited by Ring127 on Oct 28, 2010 at 10:32 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » What is up with all this [H3] Crap??? Oct 28, 2010 10:09 PM (Total replies: 77)

Onto a wee bit of off topicness, but not really,

Shinx is infact a douch, want proof

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/863/95425232.jpg

apparently, Gamma hates mexicans by his point of view.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Sep 3, 2010 05:57 PM (Total replies: 8490)

Quote: --- Original message by: bourrin33

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/103456256-4.jpg

Worked on visor model and cubemap :3

i think i need some new detail map for the body
Edited by bourrin33 on Aug 30, 2010 at 01:46 PM

O.o

Now just put a battery pack on the back (like the stock cyborg biped) And we'll have a great new Halo 1 style biped.
Edited by Ring127 on Sep 3, 2010 at 06:05 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Is there any chance.. Aug 23, 2010 01:45 PM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: ThetianSoldier
1. Wait until 14
2. Play Halo: Reach
3. See all the Halo: Reach maps in Halo: Reach
3.5. Get AIDS
4. ???
5. PROFIT

ftfy.
But, look at the millions of other threads on this EXACT topic, you'll find your answer.

Time: Mon July 22, 2019 6:52 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website