A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: GameCreat0r
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 10, 2010 07:22 AM
Interests: scripting and 3D modeling
Your Age: 18
What Games do you play: Halo CE and H2V
"Perhaps the ending has not yet been written..."

Post Statistics
GameCreat0r has contributed to 498 posts out of 462935 total posts (.11%) in 2,605 days (.19 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » I Cant Compile Structures Dec 10, 2010 07:22 AM (Total replies: 8)

Quote: --- Original message by: funkyeyes
im using BlueStreak .ASS Exporter

I belive that's the same. It was created by ghost.

Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » Even more random questions Dec 10, 2010 07:20 AM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: Twinreaper
Newer files, even exported ones from 3dsmax 12, will not be compatable with earlier versions of 3dsmax. It's either start from scratch or find a 3rd party plugin for newer version support.

Really? So even if I export my bsp as a .obj I won't be able to import it in the older version of 3ds max? I'll try it anyway, but whit a test object first. Oh wait you mean the bitmaps and that stuff wouldn't be exported if I used anything else then .max. And ofcourse that can't be read by earlyer versions. mmm creating in 3ds max 8 seem to be the only way then. To bad, 12 is better (ofcourse).

Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » Even more random questions Dec 8, 2010 10:01 AM (Total replies: 6)

maybe I can make my bsp in 3DS max 12 and then load that in 3DS max 8 to export it from there. And yes that does required 3DS max 8 trough, but if that's the way.

Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » Even more random questions Dec 7, 2010 10:29 AM (Total replies: 6)

Well how about bluestreak?

Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » Even more random questions Dec 6, 2010 01:02 PM (Total replies: 6)

I have a few more questions that are more about the 'how' and less aubout the 'posseble', so I gave them a whole new topic. (I'm the only one opening topics here in weeks anyway.)

I want to start building my own map but it seems that the official .ass exporter doesn't work on Max 12. (omg 12? yes I belive it's 12!) It was made for 6,7 and 8. So waht do I do?

Next question:
Is there anyway to covert a pc map to an xbox map? Or make an xbox map? It would be really fun if I ould play my maps on the xbox whit my friends aswell (they don't have halo 2 pc). Also it would be awsome if we could convert uplift and district to the xbox.

Can I make objects in my map that work the same as the werd things in the middle of the map midship? Meaning those 3 beam transmitters of whitch you can smash the plates on them and ofcourse that platform itself. (And can it be made looking differend? meaning not just a coppy of the one on midship.)

Thanks

Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » Ok so what are the limits? Nov 30, 2010 08:35 AM (Total replies: 1)

I was just wondering what thing can be done and whitch can't (still learning the halo 2 editing a bit more).

I already have these questions:

-Can I influance gravity? For excample remove grafity in a map but make the bipeds and vehicles fall down to the nearest surface. So kind of having players walk on walls and vehicles drive on them.

-I haven't looked into this at all yet but I just ask it now: Can you still script things like in halo ce?

-Can I still switch bsp or skies?

-Can I make players in multiplaer on my map have flashlights?

-In the last level of singleplayer (I forgot the name at the moment) you fly whit a banshee to protect a scarab. If you try to land on top of the scarab you will notice that it is like the scarab has inviseble magnets to summon the banshee in place. Can I make those in my own maps aswell?

-Can I make distructeble objects whit working collision? If not maybe as part of the bsp?

-Can I make tv screens that actually work? Normally I wouldn't even ask but when you look at the sniper rifle you notice it has this little screen working. Can that be used in any other way?

-Can I make a surface switch texture/bitmap on command (like scripted).

I'm mostly intrested in doing these things in a way the maps still work as normal in multiplayer even the way of downloading the map. So if it can only be done using changes to halo please mention that.

Thanks for reading or hopefull answereing, feel free to post your own questions here aswell.
(Oh and sorry for any misspeled words. :) )

Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » New custom options like vehicles Nov 22, 2010 09:10 AM (Total replies: 13)

That sounds like the point where kornman00 drops in. After all he made his version for CE already. I belive he gave up on this right? Too bad he doesn't share the source code of his work so far so others can try to finish his work off.

Isn't there any flycam for halo 2? Meaning a free moveble cam like you have that in sapien.

(I miss the console mode already btw. In halo ce you just use debug_camera_save and debug_camera_load. Or you would just use an utility.)

Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » New custom options like vehicles Nov 20, 2010 07:38 AM (Total replies: 13)

Ok, thank you! I think I will disign a map and test what I can do whit it. But did you just say you cant create your own models and collisions? (exept for the bsp ofcourse) That would make me really sad :( .

Btw how big can a multiplayer map be if you want to avoid lag? Becauese I want to make a big one, while some of the smaller official maps area alreaddy lagging all the time. In CE you could make them quite big...

Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » I'm a CE boy Nov 19, 2010 11:33 AM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: Muscl3r
yeah i might just wait until h2ce comes out

I don't think it ever will. There ar ejust to few 'map makers' left. People went on. I was a halo CE map maker for a while now and now I also do halo 2. I noticed there are only just enough people left to do great stuff whit CE. Halo 2 already hit the ground. If there are to few people working on maps things will go to slow and nearly everyone that does still works on some just quits. Now that even reach is out I'm sure to few people will look back at CE or 2 and help us out here.

EDIT: BTW I blame bungie and microsoft for this. They made it posseble so halo would live forever, however they also limited us to much. Also I'm dissapointed that they stopped making halo for PC aswell. It's now just all Xbox. And then there is the idiotic (don't know how to spell that :P) fact that microsoft used halo to promote windows vista! Therefor to few people play it!

Shame on you bungie and microsoft >:( .
But halo itself is great trough :P
Edited by Niels on Nov 19, 2010 at 11:38 AM

Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » New custom options like vehicles Nov 19, 2010 11:09 AM (Total replies: 13)

Quote: --- Original message by: Master Bates
Quote: --- Original message by: Niels
I would like to reply but my keybord is nearly running out of bateries! I come back later.

A keyboard driven by batteries?! what foolish madness is this!

It's called wireless... (silent)... And yes it is a useless feature for a keybord, since the screen isn't wireless :P

I have seen the custom stuff of MMM and it looks like that wroks quit well.

But I went wondering, What stuff can you make normally (whitout patching or anything like that) and what not? I sould know that first.

-Can I make new objects that explode when you shoot or melee or drive over them?
-Can I make convaors? (I belive so I saw tags for those)
-Can I make holograms as senery or even as cortana?
-Can I add my own sounds? (Can't imagen not)
-Can I make thing like cutscenes or pelicans flying in? (I know those are differend so the questen covers all of them)
-Can I make divises whit switches? (like a bridge that comes down when you hit the button and goes back up if you press it again)
-Can I make custom weapons?

What can be done multiplayer what can't? (Needs to be answhered for all things above) (what will syncronizize whit other players?)

-Can I have AI's in multiplayer maps? (Actually why would I that's a noob idea it wouldn't be fun anyway but let's just ask it anyway.)
-Apearently you CAN have doors in halo 2 multiplayer :D YAY!

This is all about doing stuff whitout patching or anything like that!

Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » New custom options like vehicles Nov 18, 2010 12:43 PM (Total replies: 13)

I would like to reply but my keybord is nearly running out of bateries! I come back later.

Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » New custom options like vehicles Nov 17, 2010 02:11 PM (Total replies: 13)

So I quickly discovered halo 2 is not such a good halo for map making. Well the map maker is butifull, but bungie just decided to limitate the options even more compared to halo CE. You can no longer make your own vehicle and add it an a map.

Now I read form other topics this is all because of the locked 'shared.map'. It seems to be time we learn how to get past this and start making our own vehicles. This means 'cracking' shared.map. We need to understand how it works. Now I wonder how far this already is. I would like to gather some people working on new utilities for halo 2 to unlock as much as we can. If we suceed in unlocking enough of those things, maybe custom map making for halo 2 will finally evolve into serious activity.

The utilities currently missing (as far as i know):
A .map to tags extractor
A utility to change shared.map
model tags to usefull model converter

If anyone has any ideas or knowledge about all this please feel free to share it. If you see a posibility to make one of those please share your idea.

Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » Halo 2 map editor launcher error Nov 15, 2010 09:13 AM (Total replies: 1)

I installed halo 2 in a custom directory, but when I click the run halo 2 button in the halo 2 map editor launcher I get this error: The executable was not found in c:\program files\microsoft games\halo 2

Now I belive It would just start up halo 2 just as you normally do, in that case this error doesn't matther at all. But I'm not sure that it runs halo 2 exactly the same as it would be run if you just started halo 2 normally.

How can I solve this simple error or does it even need to be solved anyway? (I would like to keep halo 2 in the directory it is in now btw.)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » vehicle as biped tag Oct 29, 2010 10:58 AM (Total replies: 4)

This isn't working that nice. It looks like a warthog, it sounds like a warthog, it smells like a warthog... But it is a biped. It can be shot, is ahalf way in the ground (It should be lifted up probebly contact points problem) it has no collision and There is no option to enter a seat.
To make it easyer I just tell you what I want to do. I want to make my warthog able to drive onto walls and stuff like flood infection does. This option however only comes whit the biped tag. How can I do this?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » vehicle as biped tag Oct 28, 2010 05:54 PM (Total replies: 4)

I want to create an awsome vehicle but I need to aply biped properties to the vehicle to do so. I cna't give the details on what I want to make because I like to be the first one to actually have it. It comes down to making a vehicle as a biped tag. So how do I get a warthog as a biped tag and still have the ability to use it as normal?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Random Teleporters? Sep 30, 2010 05:21 PM (Total replies: 23)

Wow that's an easy way of making random teleporting. I didn't even know it was posseble.
The second part of the script is what you are looking for. It says start somewhere whit this piece of script random. Then it difines a number of locations in that piece of script.
Or atleast that's what I think this does.

I think the first part is for biped crusing syncronization or something. Weird it doesn't make sence to me. Maybe this isn't all of it.
Edited by Niels on Sep 30, 2010 at 05:23 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Flip problem Sep 24, 2010 10:29 AM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: MoooseGuy
Lol, I remember not knowing how to backface cull, I made an entire indoor map by having to get the camera inside the model at all times.

Thank God I figured it out later on. XD

Yea I remeber that I had that since I went from using gmax to 3ds max. Lucaly I found the solution for it about 1 minuut ago .

Edit:
after trying it I remeber that I knew this before but I must have forgotten. I was too lazy to searche for it again :P.

I also have an other problem btw. When I use the orbit tool it orbits around the thing I got selected. Is there an other posibility like making it orbit around the point I want or around the center while I got some other object selected?

Edited by Niels on Sep 24, 2010 at 10:32 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Custom animation syncronization Sep 23, 2010 05:46 PM (Total replies: 70)

Sounds like you mean AI control whitch wont syncronizize.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Custom animation syncronization Sep 23, 2010 11:03 AM (Total replies: 70)

Quote: --- Original message by: Xaos
how much would i have to bribe bungie to release a Halo Reach Custom Edition on PC? willing for millions! I WANT THAT GAME! all these problems would be solved already, and people would make whole campaigns of epic battles and beautiful scenery. there are some real artists making some of these maps i reckon.
I don't think mapping halo reach can be done as easy as we can whit haloce. That modeling is far more advanced and so is the engine.

Time: Fri May 26, 2017 9:16 AM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website