A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: beazt
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 5, 2012 11:26 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
beazt has contributed to 76 posts out of 469450 total posts (.02%) in 3,472 days (.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Best HD Recording Software to Use. Jan 5, 2012 11:26 AM (Total replies: 18)

I would suggest bandicam.
It lets you not just record directx based games and programs but also capture screen.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Learning to Paint Textures Dec 31, 2011 04:05 PM (Total replies: 18)

Quote: --- Original message by: Xoronatus
So I just got Photoshop Elements for Christmas and I want to use it to paint textures, especially UVW textures so that I can use them on weapons, vehicles, characters etc.

How do you paint textures for specific models? I have Googled and Googled and haven't really found anything that works for me.

Is there a way I can get a 3D model into a format like this so that I can paint textures for that model like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKIvsn2K2Gw&list=UUcBlmEJStNge5WhyMnxPudg&index=8&feature=plcp

As others said you have to render UVW template. Edit uvw's window> Tools> Render uvw template. What you get is image with your unwrapped wire frame on top.

However if you want to paint directly on your model and render texture out of that then you would need a sculpting software (mudbox, zbrush, Not sure if blender supports it)

Another thing. If you want to texture weapons, vehicles then I suggest you baking ambient occlusion map from high poly. You can't get photo realistic results by hand painting everything.
Here, a tut which helped me to get my first proper textured model done.
http://cg.tutsplus.com/tutorials/autodesk-3d-studio-max/next-gen-weapon-creation-day-1-the-high-poly-model/

Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » Crater ODST Beta Release Map Dec 31, 2011 11:19 AM (Total replies: 25)

What CMT is famous in HCE community for? Single player maps. And because you couldn't make proper single player maps on h2v then it only makes sense not much CMT like work has been done.
When it comes to multiplayer maps you have to understand that with smaller player base there will be also less map makers. Less map makers = less maps.
Edited by beazt on Dec 31, 2011 at 11:20 AM

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » I'm thinking Dec 25, 2011 04:12 PM (Total replies: 12)

Quote: --- Original message by: milkkookie
dont buy it sux, worst 15$ i have ever spent.

You're no even trying to help him decide, you're thinking for him. Thats the worst way of trying to help. How about you keep your subjective opinion to yourself and instead tell both cons and pros of this game and let him decide how to spend his money himself.

No, It has been free for years now. I'm not 100 % sure but I think all GFWL games can be played online with silver memberships.

Kills, can you make a vid showing what exactly those elites do?
Looks like I have done right by not unistaling h2me just yet. Some cool stuff here!

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » H2V Editing Kit Nov 13, 2011 05:39 AM (Total replies: 6)

Halo 2 map editor comes in Halo 2 CD so there is no need for download.
default tags come with map editor when you install it, anything custom has to be made or you could get them from other people who are still in halo 2 map making.

Halo CE General Discussion » Project: Snow Camp & (other projects) Nov 5, 2011 11:06 AM (Total replies: 45)

Quote: --- Original message by: FMT_MasterChief

i rigged the halo reach fp arms is that not mine?if i made something is that not mine? protecting the map is just a joke if people are really interested in my map instead what tags it contains even if there not mine people dont care and i worked hard to ripped them from protected maps

Edited by FMT_MasterChief on Nov 5, 2011 at 10:06 AM

I understand what you mean by that, But ripping tags is easier that creating them from scratch. So people who have created bsp and tags have spent more time and done more work on content you are releasing than you yourself.

My 2 cents.

You can get free student version of 3ds max if you study. Another alternate way would be using gmax but im not sure about exporting options for gmax so it might not work.

Not to ruin your enthusiasm but making maps isn't just editing example.map
The usual process of creating map for halo 2 vista is:
1. make bsp in 3ds max or gmax and export it to .ass format
2. compile .ass into .scenario files using tool.exe
3. Now using h2guerilla and h2sapient put stuff(effects, player starting points .....) in .scenario
4. package everything into .map file(final product) using tool.exe
So right now you're missing out huge part of creation process by skipping first two steps.

Now to actually help you I would suggest you to run H2sapien in compatibility mode.
If that doesnt work then open Task manager (right click on task bar) and in applications window right click on H2sapien.exe and choose maximize.

Good luck!
Edited by beazt on Oct 23, 2011 at 05:07 PM
Edited by beazt on Oct 23, 2011 at 05:08 PM

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » Map Editor Dev Walkthrough Video -_- Oct 17, 2011 09:21 AM (Total replies: 1)

I suppose you could say its official, but I wouldnt call it walkthrough though.
Besides that video talks about how good tools they will release and how there will be teams working on halo 2 vista. Well, we know how it turned out.

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » cant connect to live Oct 15, 2011 03:42 AM (Total replies: 10)

You don't have to buy gold membership! GFWL is free for years. Silver membership works too.

Something else is causing failed to sign in problem. You said it just stopped working randomly one time? So could it be by any chance that you have Internet Explorer on your pc? Sometimes when on IE you set work offline option it causes GFWL to fail.

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » Elite vs Spartan Sep 25, 2011 03:56 AM (Total replies: 6)

Elites dont jump higher or run faster nor do they lunge further with sword but they do have bigger heads and head shot spot so its easier to kill them.
And elite animations are so crappy that it looks like they are hacking all the time.
Edited by beazt on Sep 25, 2011 at 03:57 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [request] Reach target locator pics Aug 1, 2011 06:00 AM (Total replies: 3)

I am looking for reference pictures of Halo Reach target locator. Only picture I could find was perspective view of back and right side of it.

Could anyone please take some pictures of it from side, back and front?
Any help would be appreciated.

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » Difference Jul 19, 2011 12:52 PM (Total replies: 2)

Halo 1 (Halo Combat evolved) = Original Halo games port to PC version.
Halo CE (Halo Custom edition) = Halo 1 with custom map support and has editing kit. Can be downloaded for free, but you do need halo 1 CD key.

halo 2 Xbox = obviously Halo 2 Xbox version
halo 2 Vista = Halo 2 port to PC (works on vista and win7)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » [request] Halo 2 pelican model Jun 29, 2011 04:07 PM (Total replies: 0)

Hi. Im in need of halo 2 pelican model with uvw.
I plan on adding it to map as a part of bsp so no tagging is needed.

I would rip it from h2 xbox map myself but have hit a snag. I cant open single player shared map with no tools I found.

Would anyone be wiling to share model if you have it?

Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » [Release] Random scriptz Jun 16, 2011 03:03 AM (Total replies: 5)

NICE!!. There arent many people messing around with scripts in halo 2 map maker community.
friend of mine have been looking into using scripts so this should definitely help!!!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » [WiP] Firefight 'OldSmokey' Jun 11, 2011 11:11 AM (Total replies: 14)

Boxy isnt always bad. Maybe make use of some shelves, scenery and dark lighting in some spots to make map come alive. imo it looks quite good right now.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] May 13, 2011 03:14 PM (Total replies: 14974)

I remodeled the reach magnum I had posted in previous page.
This time got more and better reference pictures and tried to get detail closer to actual reach magnum.

Has 2736 triangles.
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3194/renderx.png

PS.
Can anyone send me pm explaining how to embed images in posts. Have no idea how I did it the last time and cant seem to get them working now.
Edited by beazt on May 13, 2011 at 03:16 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] May 8, 2011 04:40 PM (Total replies: 14974)

Reach magnum I have been modeling for last few days.
I know the back of it isnt looking anything like reach magnum, I might remodel that part.
And there are several obvious wrapping errors but since im so bat at wrapping and texturing in general I wont redo it.
Has 1203 faces.

Edited by beazt on May 8, 2011 at 04:43 PM
Edited by beazt on May 8, 2011 at 04:44 PM

Time: Tue November 12, 2019 4:52 AM 171 ms.
A Halo Maps Website