A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: ThetianSoldier
About Contact
Last Post: May 2, 2012 11:48 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Keyboard not found! Press any key to continue...

Post Statistics
ThetianSoldier has contributed to 647 posts out of 467804 total posts (.14%) in 3,138 days (.21 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria: Episode Two. May 2, 2012 11:48 PM (Total replies: 1793)

Considering that you play as May and that she is the only Spartan (so far anyway,) I don't see why there is a need for identification...

Halo CE General Discussion » Happy Birthday to Manaic May 2, 2012 07:04 PM (Total replies: 23)

Maniac made me a planet so props to him and wish he has a happy birthday.
Waffles makes cool shaders, so yeah I guess him too.

Halo CE General Discussion » I get this error Apr 28, 2012 04:22 PM (Total replies: 5)

Quote: --- Original message by: Maniac1000
You are running windows7/vista, right?
Have you been running all your programs prior to this with Admin privilages?
If not, all your files are not actually in the tags folder, where you think you saved them to. They are in a compatibility folder, somewhere.
You need to do something about your admin privileges in the halo ce root directory, and you need to run all halo modding related programs as Admin.

I think.

Hate to bump an age old thread, but I'm having a similar problem. Do you know where this compatibility folder is?

E: Found the solution, but will keep this up in case anybody else gets this problem:
Go to Halo CE root directory and click compatibility files (should be a button near the top.) Then go to your tags folder, find your scenario and copy it. then leave your CE folder and go back in it (this gets rid of compatibility,) then paste it to where it should be.
Edited by ThetianSoldier on Apr 28, 2012 at 04:34 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Apr 26, 2012 04:56 PM (Total replies: 11475)

Quote: --- Original message by: darksoldier

Got bored :) Lol.

I made a structure inspired by hangemhigh ^^

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg832/scaled.php?server=832&filename=bspwips2.png&res=landing
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg268/scaled.php?server=268&filename=bspwips.png&res=landing
Edited by darksoldier on Apr 26, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Edited by darksoldier on Apr 26, 2012 at 01:33 PM

I don't like how one side has a sharp corner and the other has a more rounded one. Consistency's the name, modeling's the game.

Halo CE General Discussion » I'll do drawing requests. Apr 25, 2012 11:24 PM (Total replies: 38)

Dude that is really good work.
Do you have xfire?

Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
Well,someone will always have the will to create what they want(from scratch).

But they might lose the will if all of their work just gets ripped.

This is the problem I see with ripping from maps.
Don't get me wrong, it's cool to have toys to play with and all, but the problem is after you've gotten used to these cool toys you always want more and will resort to ripping them. I'm not going to go into the whole "they're microsoft's property now" or "the artists are the owners," no, the problem I see with ripping is that when someone starts to rip and keeps doing it they become lazy and won't put forth the effort to learn how to make toys themselves, and when enough people do that no new toys get made.
Personally, I still prefer the vanilla tagset, but I always love to see people use their creativity or tagging expertise to create something cool and new. Ripping threatens that.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Apr 25, 2012 06:29 PM (Total replies: 8490)

Quote: --- Original message by: The_Arbiter
Still working on it (remember just shaders not model)
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/8421/haloce2012042520380676.png
I am a noob so please do not just say its easy and stuff

Is it just me or as there a section of the torso just completely missing color?
Edited by ThetianSoldier on Apr 25, 2012 at 06:29 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » RPG_Beta5 sighted Apr 24, 2012 10:11 PM (Total replies: 719)

Quote: --- Original message by: waffles
huge 4 year bump! good job new guy! :P

"4 years? No way that can be ri-"
*checks current date*
Oh my god, 2008 was four years ago...

Halo CE General Discussion » Anyone knows how to make this? Apr 24, 2012 04:43 PM (Total replies: 24)

Couldn't you just put the primary trigger in the sky and make the .weapon tag's projectile a rocket? Granted you couldn't choose the distance, but there's no clear evidence you can with the target locator in that video, either.

Halo CE General Discussion » Guys im finish Apr 24, 2012 04:37 PM (Total replies: 28)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz
...unlike a certain ripper on these forums :P

Careful, you forgot to make that plural.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » AI Migration Question Apr 23, 2012 12:09 AM (Total replies: 2)

That's all I needed to know, thanks :)

Halo CE General Discussion » STARWARS help wanted Apr 22, 2012 09:11 PM (Total replies: 20)

-snip-
Edited by ThetianSoldier on Apr 22, 2012 at 09:11 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » AI Migration Question Apr 22, 2012 08:37 PM (Total replies: 2)

So lets say I have a Squad called Squad A, and want the actors in it to maneuver to Squad B or at least its firing positions. Both squads' firing positions are on opposite sides of the map, but I want the actors to go to Squad B's firing positions but still fire on their way there. How would I do this?

Halo CE General Discussion » So waffles and I were wondering.... Nov 5, 2011 01:24 AM (Total replies: 34)

Quote: --- Original message by: DEEhunter
He eats bad threads like this one.

you, sir, should stop posting in Skyrim threads on that one website....
you know what I'm talking about.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Request]HALO VS COD(make sure halo wins) Sep 11, 2011 11:53 AM (Total replies: 218)

Quote: --- Original message by: The Final Windego
Gordon Freeman IS the best video game charecter ever. Valve captured the concept of a great charecter, fed him burritos, and gave him a crowbar. Of course, I have spent many hours playing Halo, but many more with Half-Life.

Dear god, just stop.
If you actually believe this, you're exactly the reason valve keeps making money for Trade Fortress 2.
Don't get me wrong, Half-life is great, but Gordon Freeman is NOT the best video game character ever. FAAAR from it. Hell, Master Chief beats him for this reason alone:
Gordon Freeman has never, ever uttered a word, and valve tries to use that as a way to let the player feel like they ARE Gordon Freeman. The problem with that is: they gave him an appearance; a whole friggin' backstory. Master Chief is what a silent character should be like: he doesn't speak often, but he DOES speak. I find it hard to feel like I'm in that situation when I remember I'm a glasses-wearing, crowbar-wielding social recluse.
Oh, and Fallout 3 (and its subsequent DLC, new vegas) > all

Halo CE General Discussion » The Terrible Truth: A Must Read Aug 20, 2011 03:19 PM (Total replies: 371)

This thread is gold.

Quote: --- Original message by: Contrary Smuglord

But this is undoubtedly the best part of it.
Edited by ThetianSoldier on Aug 20, 2011 at 03:20 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo:CEA some changes. Aug 8, 2011 03:09 PM (Total replies: 338)

Quote: --- Original message by: Hydrogen
*snip*, magazine scan

I love the new armor; vast improvement over the original trailer.
Quote: --- Original message by: darkassassin14
lol yea. so i just finished a book and it turns out that the flood is a precursor bioweapon. who would've thought?

source?

Halo CE General Discussion » [release] What rage leads to when map making Jul 22, 2011 05:06 AM (Total replies: 48)

inb4 best map ever
Oh wait, that was already posted ITT.

Halo CE General Discussion » The Terrible Truth: A Must Read Jul 22, 2011 04:42 AM (Total replies: 371)

...guys I'll be honest I'm not sure what I just read.

Time: Sun December 16, 2018 4:37 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website