A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Extreme110
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 21, 2017 06:52 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
That doesn't motivate me sir!

Post Statistics
Extreme110 has contributed to 25 posts out of 469801 total posts (.01%) in 3,571 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Jun 21, 2017 06:52 AM (Total replies: 979)

Quote: --- Original message by: Fellow Starstuff
Forgive me if someone already asked and got this question answered, but how do I use the ToWav plugin to extract game sounds in Adjutant? I have ToWav.exe in a "ToWav" folder inside the "Plugins" folder in my Adjutant folder. But when I chose a sound tag/file inside Adjutant 4.2 there's no option to extract it.

Firstly, that's the wrong location for towav. In the directory where Adjutant.exe is, there should be a "Helpers" folder (if not, create one). Put towav.exe directly inside that folder, not inside a subfolder.

Secondly, to extract a snd! tag, open Adjutant, open the map file, and then select the .snd! tag in the hierarchy on the left. On the right, you should see two tabs; "Meta Viewer" and "Raw Extractor". Select the Raw Extractor. From here you can either press "Save As Single" to save all the Permutations of the sound file as one big audio file, or you can select a permutation in the list at the top, and then select "Save Selected". You can preview an individual permutation by double clicking on it in the list, and you can listen to all permutations by clicking the "Play All" button.

Hopefully that helps :)

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Feb 3, 2017 03:51 AM (Total replies: 979)

And so the thread enters 2017.

Not trying to be an arse but, just genuinely curious on how the devs are doing. I get it if there's not been a chance to work on it or if interest has waned a lot, but here's hoping we get some sweet, sweet loving soon.

Just going to reiterate my problem with 4.20P (and all previous versions); getting the same error message when trying to export the following sound files in Halo 3 (any filetype);

010_jungle
sound\music\amb\perc\perc85\track1\alt_loop --Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.
sound\music\amb\perc\perc85\track1\loop - lp1 + lp2 + lp3 --Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.

020_base
sound\music\amb\tech\a_tech\track1\loop - loop1 + loop2 + loop3 --Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.

040_voi
sound\music\amb\perc\perilous_timp\track1\loop - lp1, lp2, lp3, lp4, lp5, lp6, lp7 --Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.

070_waste
sound\music\amb\perc\perc96\track1\loop - loop1, loop2, loop3, loop4, loop5, loop6, loop7 --Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.

110_hc
sound\music\amb\perc\perc96\track1\loop - loop1, loop2, loop3, loop4, loop5, loop6, loop7 --Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.

120_halo
sound\music\numbers\14perc\track1\loop - lp1, lp2 --Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.

Peace out.

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! May 22, 2016 08:57 PM (Total replies: 979)

Yes, the file structure is easy to deal with. That doesn't mean:

A) They want to/have the time to implement it.
B) They know people want it (I don't see it on the Unreal 4 road-map).

There's millions of images formats in the world. What's to say the Epic guys are going to know about them all, and want to implement them all? They have lots of bugs and features to be focusing on anyway.

This is the UE4 Roadmap. There's quite a lot of stuff they're focusing on right now.

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Apr 14, 2016 08:00 AM (Total replies: 979)

Quote: --- Original message by: videoman
I can't tell if you are being sarcastic, or a troll. No offense if you are being sarcastic.

He's joking, mate :)

This is all just fluff based on personal knowledge, but anyway;

TIFF was developed as a solution for desktop publishing and web by the company that became Adobe, whereas TGA was developed by AT&T as a general image format. Epic likely used TGA in UE 1/2 and since then it's been a legacy format.

Personally as a game developer, I've never seen TIFF images used. It's almost always BMP, PNG or TGA.

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Apr 12, 2016 04:12 PM (Total replies: 979)

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
Sorry for the dumb question, but what is the purpose of Adjutant? Couldn't find a real description for this

Just to add to what videoman talked about, it also does sound extraction which is my personal favourite feature.

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Feb 5, 2016 04:41 PM (Total replies: 979)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
What's the difference between H2V maps and H2X?

Audio is in a different format, and the map structure is also slightly different. Same reason why there's a separate bunch of tools for Vista vs. the Xbox edition.

@Adjutant team, 4.2 is goddam sweet. Amazing work, keep it up :) Here's hoping those audio issues will stop bothering you guys soon.

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Jan 7, 2016 03:21 PM (Total replies: 979)

Quote: --- Original message by: ElijahB1
We've been looking into it, it has something to do with how the rag reads the raw. We may not be doing it 100% properly which leads to some drift in reading the data which leads to cut off or corrupt audio.

I love you guys. Thank you so much <3

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Jan 3, 2016 04:35 PM (Total replies: 979)

By the way, for those are having difficulty following my instructions posted above and want the cinematic music from the Halo games that is not supported by Adjutant, here is a better instruction guide:

Materials:

- Adjutant (for extracting the raw, headerless XMA data)
- ToWav.exe (comes with Adjutant in the "Helpers" folder; this will do the final conversion)
- QuickBMS (required to run the conversion script)
- XMA transform script (you'll need a XenteX account, this will create an .xma file compatiable with ToWav.exe; make sure the file extension is BMS!)

Steps:
  1. Download and extract QuickBMS and the XMA transform script to a folder on your Desktop called "TempStuff". Make a folder inside TempStuff and call it "Files".

2. Open the XMA transform script in Notepad. At the top, you should see line that says "FREQ_DEFAULT" with a large number next to it. Change the number to "44100", save the file and close it.

3. Open Adjutant, and go to the sound meta editor (click on a !snd file and press the Meta tab as you do for every other sound file). Select the "Save Selected" or "Save As Single". In the "Save As Type" dropbox, make sure you select "Raw Data (.bin)", and save this file to the Desktop/TempStuff/Files folder.

4. Once you're done, close Adjutant. Go to your TempStuff folder, and drag the XMA transform script onto QuickBMS.exe. It will then ask for the files to extract/modify; you can select individual or multiple files; select as many *.bin files in your Desktop/TempStuff/Files folder as you'd like. Finally, you will be asked for a location to save the files; simply choose the Desktop/TempStuff/Files folder again (the files will have a different extension and won't overwrite anything).

5. After it's complete, you should have one .xma file for every .bin file in the Files folder. Simply drag each .xma file onto ToWav.exe in your Adjutant/Helpers folder. ToWav will convert the .xma files into the final .wav files you want.

6. Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Jan 3, 2016 03:45 PM (Total replies: 979)

Quote: --- Original message by: Cortana
    I cant use adjutant because wen i open up the browser i dont see the map or anything....

Help me.

What do you mean?

When you first open up Adjutant, you'll come to a white, empty window and a menu bar at the top. Hit File > New, and then select a map you want to load from a compatible game. Adjutant will take a few seconds to load up the map, and then you should see three sections:

1) To the left, a hierarchy either sorted by the type of tags or their folder structure (you can change this in the View menu). Browse to the tag you want with this menu.
    2) To the right, a tag editor. It'll have different tabs and sections depending on what tag you're trying to edit.
    3) At the bottom, a message log that will tell you if operations were successful or why they failed.

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Jan 3, 2016 03:32 PM (Total replies: 979)

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
    Does Adjutant open Halo 1 maps? I've always figured Adjutant would be used for h3/r/ce/4 maps, which can't be downloaded on this site.

No, Adjutant will only open Halo 2 Xbox, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo: Reach, Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary and Halo 4 maps.

Quote: --- Original message by: eliasthechief
    all maps are not working i download it on my other laptop im facing the same problems can you give me the link for previous versions

Once again, you need to give me specific map names and the game they came from. Once I know what maps you're trying to open, I can link you to the previous versions.

By the way, if you're trying to rip Halo PC/CE maps like the ones from this site, you need to use Halo Editing Kit Plus to extract tags, as the original game is not supported by Adjutant at all.

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Jan 2, 2016 05:24 PM (Total replies: 979)

Quote: --- Original message by: eliasthechief
    all maps and ive downloaded the maps from this site im using version 4.1.0 and i downloded it from here

What specific maps are you loading (or is it an issue with all maps)? Where are all the files saved on your hard-drive, and do you have administrator privileges?

Could you try download a previous version of Adjutant and see if your maps load with that?

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Dec 22, 2015 09:01 PM (Total replies: 979)

Which maps specifically are you trying to load (and from which game)? How did you get the files? Are you sure the maps are not corrupt?

What version of Adjutant are you using? Where did you download it from?

The more you tell us, the easier it is to help.

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Nov 1, 2015 01:39 AM (Total replies: 979)

Quote: --- Original message by: Gravemind
    As for sounds that say 'Unsupported sound type', that's because they're not supported - it's not a bug. This is because towav doesn't seem to support 4 and 6 channel XMA sounds, so Adjutant is only able to send it mono and stereo sounds.

Sorry for the late replay.

I had a hunch, and did a bit of Google searching; I came across this QuickBMS script which can convert XMA streams in any format (header or not, including the 4/6 channel ones) to an XMA format that QuickBMS understands. You edit the script so that FREQ_DEFAULT is equal to 44100 (headerless .xma files like the .bin files rely on the default frequency setting in the script itself), put the script the and the .bin through QuickBMS, run the newly created .xma file through toWav and you get your .wav file.

I was able to extract every cinematic music file in all of the Halo 3 .map files, and I plan on testing ODST/Reach soon.

The remaining files I cannot extract from the Halo 3 maps are these ones:

Error:
    --Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.

Affected Files:
    010_jungle.map
    sound\music\amb\perc\perc85\track1\alt_loop
    sound\music\amb\perc\perc85\track1\loop

020_base.map
    sound\music\amb\tech\a_tech\track1\loop

040_voi.map
    sound\music\amb\perc\perilous_timp\track1\loop

070_waste.map
    sound\music\amb\perc\perc96\track1\loop

110_hc.map
    sound\music\amb\perc\perc96\track1\loop

120_halo.map
    sound\music\numbers\14perc\track1\loop

All permutations are affected.

I have tried extracting as .wav, .xma and .bin for all files, and the same error always occurs. There is also no output when I try to preview the sound. In the last update (before the .exe you posted at the top of this page), you guys managed to fix about 20 of these errors.

Thank you!
    Edited by Extreme110 on Nov 1, 2015 at 11:32 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Sep 20, 2015 05:52 PM (Total replies: 979)

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
    now when i preview sounds in adjutant with a reach map it plays the last H4 sound i tested.

Might be a different bug, I posted a list of the files that I found affected in base H3. Hoping the sound stuff will be resolved sooner or later.

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Aug 2, 2015 01:24 AM (Total replies: 979)

You're probably absolutely swamped with life stuff at the moment; just wondering how things in general are going.

Once again, thanks for the hard work :)

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! May 7, 2015 05:51 AM (Total replies: 979)

I brought this up forever ago and was told to "buy the soundtrack."

Jesus. Do people seriously not get that the soundtrack doesn't contain most of the audio inside the game, and the OST audio is mixed differently?

I believe there are also some letterbox dialog that can't be ripped too

I found this as well, but I couldn't be bothered to check every single line of dialogue.

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Apr 2, 2015 09:10 PM (Total replies: 979)

Firstly want to say that I really appreciate the effort you guys have gone through. There's some really awesome work done here. Many thank yous all around!

I know you guys are well aware of the sound extraction problems and that you've got life things to work out; in the meantime, I thought I'd give you a list of all the music files that I couldn't extract and their error messages. There's still a couple files which can't be extracted because the "source array was not long enough" (you fixed many of these in the latest version, just a few more left). Hopefully this helps in some way. I'm looking forward to whatever you guys do next.

005_intro
    sound\cinematics\010_jungle\010la\music\010la_music_1_3 --Unsupported Sound Type.
    sound\cinematics\010_jungle\010la\music\010la_music_1_18 --Unsupported Sound Type.
    sound\cinematics\010_jungle\010la2\music\010la2_music_1_1 --Unsupported Sound Type.

010_jungle
    sound\music\amb\perc\perc85\track1\alt_out --Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.
    sound\music\amb\perc\perc85\track1\loop - lp1 + lp2 + lp3 --Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.

020_base
    sound\cinematics\020_base\music\020la_mus_1_2 --Unsupported Sound Type.
    sound\cinematics\020_base\music\020la_mus_hall_2_2 --Unsupported Sound Type.
    sound\cinematics\020_base\music\020la_mus_prof1_1_3 --Unsupported Sound Type.
    sound\music\amb\tech\a_tech\track1\loop - loop1 + loop2 + loop3 --Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.

030_outskirts
    sound\cinematics\030_outskirts\030la_music --Unsupported Sound Type.

040_voi
    sound\cinematics\040_voi\music\040lb_mus_portal_1_4 --Unsupported Sound Type.
    sound\cinematics\040_voi\music\040lb_music_1_13 --Unsupported Sound Type.
    sound\music\amb\perc\perilous_timp\track1\loop - lp1, lp2, lp3, lp4, lp5, lp6, lp7 --Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.

050_floodvoi
    sound\cinematics\050_flood_voi_music_050lb_mus1_oldfmd_4_40 --Unsupported Sound Type.
    (Note: Both other cinematic sound files extracted perfectly)

070_waste
    sound\cinematics\070_waste\070la_music_1_1 --Unsupported Sound Type.
    sound\cinematics\070_waste\070lc_music_1_3 --Unsupported Sound Type.
    sound\cinematics\070_waste\070lc_music_barrier_8_1 --Unsupported Sound Type.
    sound\cinematics\070_waste\070ld_music_2_1 --Unsupported Sound Type.

100_citadel
    sound\cinematics\100_citadel\100la\100la_music_min_46 --Unsupported Sound Type.
    sound\cinematics\100_citadel\100lb\100lb_music_1_1 --Unsupported Sound Type.
    sound\cinematics\100_citadel\100lc\music\100lc_music_crash_1_1 --Unsupported Sound Type.
    sound\cinematics\100_citadel\100lc\music\100lc_music_hall_2_1 --Unsupported Sound Type.
    sound\cinematics\100_citadel\100lc\music\100lc_music_prov_1_2 --Unsupported Sound Type.
    sound\cinematics\100_citadel\100ld\music\100ld_music_a_lies_3_13 --Unsupported Sound Type.
    sound\cinematics\100_citadel\100ld\music\100ld_music_take_1_21 --Unsupported Sound Type.
    sound\cinematics\100_citadel\100ld\music\100ld_music_tent_2_1 --Unsupported Sound Type.
    sound\cinematics\100_citadel\100le\100le_music_2_1_byrings --Unsupported Sound Type.

110_hc
    sound\cinematics\110_hc\110la\110la_music_1_1 --Unsupported Sound Type.
    sound\cinematics\110_hc\110lb\110lb_music_1_8 --Unsupported Sound Type.
    sound\cinematics\110_hc\110lc\110lc_music_2_1 --Unsupported Sound Type.

120_halo
    sound\cinematics\120_halo\120la\120la_music_1_1 --Unsupported Sound Type.
    sound\cinematics\120_halo\120lb\120lb_music_2_1 --Unsupported Sound Type.
    sound\cinematics\120_halo\120lc\120lc_music_1_9 --Unsupported Sound Type.
    sound\cinematics\130_epilogue\130la\130la_music_critical_1_1 --Unsupported Sound Type.
    sound\music\numbers\14perc\track1\loop - lp1, lp2 --Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.

130_epilogue
    sound\cinematics\130_epilogue\130lb\130lb_music_1_4 --Unsupported Sound Type.
    sound\cinematics\130_epilogue\130lc\130lc_music_1_231 --Unsupported Sound Type.
    sound\cinematics\130_epilogue\130ld\130ld_music_1_1 --Unsupported Sound Type.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Creation of Multiple BSP Levels Jul 17, 2010 01:02 AM (Total replies: 2)

Well, I want the same kind of thing as if it was the Maw section from Halo CE. If Portals can do it...then maybe I guess that is what I should try.

I'll post the results in a few days when I have my computer fixed.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Creation of Multiple BSP Levels Jul 17, 2010 12:15 AM (Total replies: 2)

Ignore my last request if you find it buried in the forums...I have enough people now.

I am trying to make a level in Halo Custom Edition. It is a Single Player Map. However, I need to load to sections of this level, each having too many assets to load the whole skybox as one single BSP.

I was wondering, how can I create multiple BSP's that link directly together (No Teleporters or anything similar) in Gmax?

P.S Last time I did something similar I got several degenerate triangles so I couldn't compile the full map :(

-deleted-
    Edited by Extreme110 on Jun 30, 2014 at 10:06 PM

Time: Tue February 25, 2020 4:25 PM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website